A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Job Offering on For The Record - MTAdmin

Posted: Mar 21, 2014

See link below...

Odd that they're telling their trainees that when - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
they're through, they can qualify for the CPC, yet even they require the CCS...

This job posting specifically states it is for a Sr. coder. - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
This would not be for a newbie.

Go directly to their website. Their minimum for any coding - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
position with them is 5+ years of actual experience and a minimum of CCS, RHIT or RHIA preferred. I just think it's odd that they are going from those standards to this new program that so far inferior to what they've always required. But they used to have high standards for MTs and wanted inhouse experience first, then started taking newbies fresh out of school, then off to India! So I see a pattern here.
This is normal for any entity with in-house training. - Give it a rest.
[ In Reply To ..]
There is nothing unusual about this. We require credentials and years of experience, too, but we train in-house and advance our new coders as they develop.

On this board, there are a lot of peoole who do not accept that what you say is true. We know more about this than you do.

Let's give this tired old conspiracy theory a rest.

And? - I do not know what your point is.

[ In Reply To ..]
There is nothing at all remarkable about the job ad.

Is your hope to stir something up since the topic of coding is now verboten on the MM board?

Similar Messages:

VBC Job Offering
May 12, 2015

Definitely agree wtih poster on job board about no VBC, offering 7 cpl without spaces is absurd.  I love op reports and am local to the job posted but once I saw it ws 7 cpl VBC I was definitely not interested.  That would be equal to maybe 5.25 cpl with spaces, take out taxes and you are down to about 3.5 maybe, what else can they take? ...

Landmark Offering 3 Cpl And So Does TTS.
Dec 07, 2012

No jobs out here and what does one do as they are offering us 3 cpl but then you know they want the weekend coverage and the 2nd shift because those are the worst.  Oh, but you can get a 1/2 a penny more?  What is a half of a penny?  Maybe in another country, but surely not here where it is hard to live on minimum wage.  Then supply your own equipment.  Augh.  Plus look at their test?  I'd be a nurse then...and be more respected and can save a life.  ...

So MM Is Offering 7 And 3 To New Hires Now??
Apr 18, 2013

As per the post below, 7 and 3 pennies per line.  Seriously, when will the madness end?! They have got to stop treating us like "typists." Actually, even a typist would make more than that.  You'd be making like 7 bucks an hour!! Oh I am just hopping mad right now. This company is just appalling.  Glad I am planning my escape. ...

MMoral Is Now Offering 7 And 3???
Apr 18, 2013

their souls to the devil. And may they burn in eternal damnation in flaming hell, all of 'em ...

US Transcription Offering 5 Cpl With Benefits
Oct 28, 2009

Would you go for it?  5 cpl with benefits?  Not medical transcription but other work. ...

Transcription Doctors Offering 2.5 VR. Can You Believe That.
Jun 17, 2011

Now they got it down to 2.5 for VR.  Unbelievable. ...

Q Re Pay. Co. Offering $1.50/page For Training, Then
Apr 04, 2011

Paying by page, not by line. ...

MM Offering Coding Training
Mar 10, 2014

it says if we qualify we will have three months of training, then spend three months in their apprentice program, and then will be given positions with them as coders.  We then have to work for them for 2 years or pay back for the program.  It doesn't talk about compensation or any certification.  Do you think this is a good idea? ...

MedINK Offering To Pay $.50 Per QA File?? OMG!
Jul 07, 2014

I truly hope that this company receives ZERO response to their RIDICULOUS job offer.  For the work I've done this morning in approximately 2 hours, working for them I would have made $12.50.  That would have garnered me MUCH less than minimum wage instead of the just under $50 I thankfully made NOT working for MedINK.  UGH!  I feel better now having vented LOL! ...

Has Anyone Seen The Post By S Mounce Offering
Apr 11, 2015

$2 per patient?  WOW is all I can say!!! ...

Company Offering QA 3 Cents Per 65 VBC Line?
Aug 02, 2010

Those are slave wages to a highly experienced QA person.  What is the industry stooping to these days? ...

MT Universities Are Offering Medical Transcription
Aug 31, 2010

http://readme.readmedia.com/Campbellsville-University-to-Begin-New-Allied-Health-Programs-at-Hodgenville/1705087 Training in medical transcription, clinical medical assistant and phlebotomy are essential in meeting this critical need. U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics sites all of these as 'Occupations with the Largest Employment Growth, 2008-18.' "A medical transcriptionist converts confidential patient information to a written text document. Topics covered in this course will co ...

Geez, The Q/Spheris Is Offering A $50+ Hourly Job.
Sep 01, 2010

http://www.jobserve.us/Medquist-Spheris-Consultant-Nashville-Tennessee-Contract-WF36E52A8C7D9B66A.jsjob?r=9AE7FE04CA62FDEF ...

MModal Now Offering Guaranteed Poverty
Feb 10, 2013

and bennies no one can afford.  What a great place to work.  ...

No One Wants To Be An MT. Most Colleges Have Stopped Offering Classes. You'd Think MM
May 05, 2015

would ty to keep the workers they have at least a little happier.  One would think they've already lost enough experienced MTs!  And with ASR/VR continually getting worse - just what kind of reports will there be when we're all gone. ...

OTI/Record One
Sep 26, 2014

So, we can stay with Records One but just with no work promised except for as soon as it becomes available. Sounds promising. I wish promises paid my bills. It is a sad day for me. ...

MedQuist Once Again Offering $500 Sign-on Bonus (on Other Job Website). I Have NJA.
Jan 08, 2010

XX ...

Chaps. The Q Offering $1000 Sign-on Bonuses For
Dec 21, 2010

Choke.   ...

Such A Disgrace, IDS Offering 6 Cpl For Straight Typing Radiology.
Jan 31, 2013

. ...

Apparently Sten-Tel Is Offering 2 Cpl For Editing And 5 Cpl For Transcription
Mar 22, 2013

. ...

Offering A Whopping 5 Bucks An Hour If You Do Overtime
Jun 03, 2013

They are offering a whopping 5 bucks an hour if you do overtime. Just another slap in the face. ...

Probity Offering Subsidy Since Sold To Nuance.
Jan 05, 2014

Is that typical for when a company is sold? I had not heard of it before. When does Probity plan to go to speech recognition? I see they have an ad on another site. Do new employees applying at Probity get the subsidy as well?  I wonder if it is worthwhile to apply and work for them for the life of the subsidy (6 months) and then quit. Anyone from Probity have any insight on this?  ...

Do You Write Down The Job # For Your Record....or
May 03, 2012

just do along and work?  I was writing job # and which hospital and work type but its time consuming and I don't see the point because I hope not to be here much longer.  ...

For The Record Article About MT Pay
Sep 11, 2012

http://www.fortherecordmag.com/archives/091012p22.shtml   ...

For The Record Magazine
Mar 27, 2015

There's a very well-written article in the newest edition, called Life on the Low End of the Pay Scale, regarding pay for transcription, current and past, how WE got to where we are now, and MTSOs' role. In essence, a good way to start us back to better income is to refuse the low pay that lots of companies offer. We have to raise our bar, no one will do it for us.  ...

Sick Of Docs Wanting The World, But Offering Nothing In Return
Aug 23, 2010

When did it start being okay for companies to accept and accomodate docs who put out garbage and then require the world of us MT's?  I have worked in the medical setting in various capacities, so I know how docs are and I am used to it.  However, when it comes to something as serious as transcribing thier reports and getting it right you would think they would do there best to at least try to speak soem what clearly.....the wost part is that these are not even ESL's that I sp ...

Wondering If Transcend Is Really Offering Insurance To Part Timers??
Jun 21, 2011

I saw below where Transcend may be offering health insurance to part timers in September, just wondering if anybody has heard anything about that.  I would like to have insurance again, so am very curious if that is true.  Thanks for your help!  ...

Path Of The Medical Record
Mar 31, 2010

I'm trying to follow the path of a patient medical record. Pls correct me if I'm wrong. But here's my understanding: the doctor dictates (or inputs his data), then it goes to coding. From coding it goes to billing and from billing it goes to the designated payor (insurance company, medicare, etc).  So If my scenario is correct, then if there is not an accurate record, then it can't be coded correctly and it can't be billed correctly and the medical faciility does no ...

Another Medical Record Breach
Apr 05, 2010

Below is a link to another breach of medical records. We can directly blame the fact that today's medical records largely dwell on the internet. Lest some of you come back with "but without the internet, we would not have jobs", let me tell you that we got along without the internet previously and had higher pay because the offshore vultures could not get at the records and we were in higher demand. We can do it again.   http://valley.newhavenindependent.org/index.php/archives/entry/ ...

Not To Sound Like A Broken Record, But
Oct 29, 2010

what is the best school to go to (online) for becoming a coder?  I have been an MT for 15 years and tired of the feast/famine.  Is there financial aid available?  I cannot afford even $250 down and $100 a month.  Also, are there any companies that hire coders to work at home right out of school?  Thanks for any help!! ...