A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

do you write down the job # for your record....or - mt2

Posted: May 03, 2012

just do along and work?  I was writing job # and which hospital and work type but its time consuming and I don't see the point because I hope not to be here much longer. 

No - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I do not do that, way too time consuming. I do the Alt+x thing every 1/2 or hour so and I am pretty sure I have never been shorted a job.

ok thank you. maybe I can get more work in without all the writing down crap. - mt2

[ In Reply To ..]

Anon, what is the "alt-x thing." - Thank you. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

alt +x shows your lines for the day. Didn't they tell you that? - mt2

[ In Reply To ..]
alt-x. Not for all buyout companies - sad-ex-WMX
[ In Reply To ..]
Don't think that is applicable to everyone. We are using the WMX Enterprise platform with eScription added on as the speech recognition s/w. Like, when someone had posted about Ctrl+S and the buffer...that does not apply to the Enterprise/eScription platform. That is our spell check shortcut.

I never did but found it actually helps me focus better - improved my count

[ In Reply To ..]
Trying anything to make some kind of decent money..I also turned the music back on in the background..Im so ADD it isnt even funny, just realized it when I came off my pain meds after my last disk surgery...Been on them my entire transcription career,,now I gotta go get something for my ADD I guess...Dont want to have 5 years to go and Im done..

Nothing is going to help me focus....I'm so sick of this crap. - mt2

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm just doing the jobs w/out keeping a log. Two pay periods ago, I busted butt. I did not pend any jobs, researched my butt off - and my incentive was $38. Now I'm just zipping along on this crap. If I can't understand a word, blank. Spelling on some funky Dr. name? blank. I don't care. They want to pay low wages and make huge profits, they can stick this job. I'm just making a check for now.

the point is you may be able to recoup lost - wages if you have the

[ In Reply To ..]
record. You never know when that will come in handy... ;)

They don't even answer me when I email 3 times with question on QA - mt2

[ In Reply To ..]
what makes you think they'd answer any other question? I seriously don't care anyway. On my way out of here.

Yes always - starving MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I always document my job #s because belive it or not I have been "audited" for jobs that didn't even belong to me, even on accounts that I have never worked on.

Similar Messages:

OTI/Record One
Sep 26, 2014

So, we can stay with Records One but just with no work promised except for as soon as it becomes available. Sounds promising. I wish promises paid my bills. It is a sad day for me. ...

For The Record Article About MT Pay
Sep 11, 2012

http://www.fortherecordmag.com/archives/091012p22.shtml   ...

Job Offering On For The Record
Mar 21, 2014

See link below... ...

For The Record Magazine
Mar 27, 2015

There's a very well-written article in the newest edition, called Life on the Low End of the Pay Scale, regarding pay for transcription, current and past, how WE got to where we are now, and MTSOs' role. In essence, a good way to start us back to better income is to refuse the low pay that lots of companies offer. We have to raise our bar, no one will do it for us.  ...

Path Of The Medical Record
Mar 31, 2010

I'm trying to follow the path of a patient medical record. Pls correct me if I'm wrong. But here's my understanding: the doctor dictates (or inputs his data), then it goes to coding. From coding it goes to billing and from billing it goes to the designated payor (insurance company, medicare, etc).  So If my scenario is correct, then if there is not an accurate record, then it can't be coded correctly and it can't be billed correctly and the medical faciility does no ...

Another Medical Record Breach
Apr 05, 2010

Below is a link to another breach of medical records. We can directly blame the fact that today's medical records largely dwell on the internet. Lest some of you come back with "but without the internet, we would not have jobs", let me tell you that we got along without the internet previously and had higher pay because the offshore vultures could not get at the records and we were in higher demand. We can do it again.   http://valley.newhavenindependent.org/index.php/archives/entry/ ...

Not To Sound Like A Broken Record, But
Oct 29, 2010

what is the best school to go to (online) for becoming a coder?  I have been an MT for 15 years and tired of the feast/famine.  Is there financial aid available?  I cannot afford even $250 down and $100 a month.  Also, are there any companies that hire coders to work at home right out of school?  Thanks for any help!! ...

Does Anyone Know What Medical Record Auditing Is?
Jan 24, 2011

My community college offers this course and I would like to take it.   ...

For The Record, MTSOs Who Are NOT Greedy...
Nov 28, 2011

I want to make it clear that this is not a rail against all MTSOs; there are MTSO's still out there who are NOTmotivated by greed, and who continue to pay their employees very well.I have worked for companies which historically have paid employees much higher CPL than other companies - Keystrokes and MTP (both based in Illinois, owned by former MTs, and as far as I know, all work still on US soil) - and several of these companies actually DO pay employees "more than fair" hou ...

Medical Record Summarizer
Jul 11, 2012

Can someone explain to me what a medical record summarizer does and what kind of pay is it?  Thanks ...

Appalled At What A Medical Record Looks Like Now.
Jul 20, 2012

I began working for a doctor's office and we get referrals.  Some of these apparently are entered by the doctor.  It is the biggest mess I have ever seen.  Sentences are run together.  There is no punctuation.  Capitalization is either nonexistent or incorrect.  There are no paragraphs.  The report is just literally words run together for a whole page. Other offices have canned forms, and they fill in a few blanks.  The paragraphs and h ...

Medical Record Errors
Feb 20, 2014

If anyone is on Facebook, search for the "Healthcare Documentation Today" page.  There is an article posted regarding medical record errors.   It is a very interesting article regarding the other side of what we do.   ...

Electronic Medical Record
Jan 14, 2015

I have been corrected by QA twice on this one. The first time it was changed to capitals (Electronic Medical Record), so I started typing it that way. However, recently I had it changed to lower case (electronic medical record). Both times the sentence was the same... "Detailed in the electronic medical record."   I had always typed this lower case until it was changed the first time. I never did understand why it should be capitalized. How do you usually transcribe this one?  ...

Hate To Sound Like A Broken Record
Jul 15, 2010

but when is next pay day AND could someone tell me where on MQCentral I can find the pay schedule for 2010?   Thanks so much. ...

Has Anyone Ever Tried Using A Gaming Keyboard To Record Keystrokes In VR?
Aug 28, 2010

NM ...

S/l Vista Web Pathology Medical Record. Sm
Feb 01, 2011

Brushing biopsies were obtained with final pathology consistent with squamous cell carcinoma, according to the Vista web pathology medical record from the Montana VA.  ...

Working With The Electronic Health Record (EHR)?
May 12, 2011

I know that transcriptionists at Veterans' Hospitals have used the EHR for years and it works really well at VA. Now it seems that you hear about it all the time, but every single description is different from every other one. Nobody seems to know anything. When I ask how it works in other hospitals and clinics or with MTSOs, I hear that it's really no big deal. You just transribe like you always have. If each system is different, I guess what I want to know is, are any of you using it ...

Typing In Your Own Record At The Doctor's Office
Mar 20, 2014

My husband went to the doctor last week.  The lady asked him his medical history, typing it in the computer, then spun it around and asked him to enter some of his personal information, name, address, etc., himself.  Now that might be a first.  ...

New Record Error Count In 1 Report!
Apr 08, 2014

Thanks ILP.  You have blown me away.  In a 10-minute report you have managed to get approximately 50 errors... This is of course after your MT finished the report, routed it through 100% review with your QA, and then sent it to lucky me... Yippy. ...

The Future Of Coding The Cover Story Of For The Record Mag
Jan 28, 2012

Timely! Computer-aided coding and its impact upon the coding job market is the feature story of the just-released For The Record magazine. Some excerpts: "...From what I've heard from those hospitals for years now is that it's not that they need fewer coders."  Instead, Bronnert sees coders being used more effectively and at a higher skill level.  "They become even more valuable to a facility.  I don't see their roles or positions diminishing at all.  I see ...

Electronic Medical Record No More Dictation, No More Transcription
Jun 26, 2014

Everywhere I turn I see nothing but EMR - No more dictation, no more transcription.  At an eye appointment today when I told the technician I'm a medical transcriptionist, she responded with "DO THEY STILL HAVE THAT?"  It's time to wake up and smell the coffee.  Transcription and even VR will not be needed by next year.  Walmart please hire me! ...

Any Transcription Services Hire People With A Record?
Dec 05, 2014

I have been doing transcription for 15 years.  My youngest daughter got into some trouble as a teen and has a record.  She is having a hard time finding work in our rural community.  I could probably train her at home to be a transcriptionist and help her, but just curious if anyone knows if any of the companies hire someone with a felony?  Thanks for any input :)  If you have any other ideas, it would be great.  FYI, she also has bipolar type 1, so working at home ...

Baby Having Seizures, On The Other Hand, Towards The End Of The Record The Overall Pattern Does Sugg
Jun 20, 2011

xx ...

Boss Let It Slip My Hospital Account Is Going To Electronic Record...
Jan 24, 2011

I've been at this midsized company for about 2 years.  As many as 50 of us work this large account.  I do acute care.  Would like to hear from anybody who's experienced this; how long till this severely (?) affects us?  Can you give me a play-by-play?  I figure the boss won't be telling us much of anything along the way.  ...

Medisoft EMR Remote User Problem - Cannot Paste Into Pt Record
Jan 24, 2014

I am hoping someone is familiar with Medisoft program.  I just obtained a position as a remote user for an office that uses Medisoft.  Today is day one.   There are two other remote transcriptionists.  The way they are doing this is to transcribe the dictation in word and then cut and paste into the various sections in medisoft.   They are able to cut and paste, no problem.  I am unable to paste into the patient records from my Microsoft Word document.   This ...

Want To Setup A Phone Number For My Client To Call And Record In My Computer
Jan 17, 2013

Hi, I am a MT and would like to setup Telephone/voice recroding(must save as wav file). Is there anyone who  can help me?. What is the cheapest way to do this? Should I set up Vonage phone for this? Also, it should allow to receive multiple calls from my client. Thank You, George ...

Write Off?
Jun 11, 2010

Hi, eveyrone. I just started as an MT in Michigan, and I am going to be working from home fairly soon. I am moving back to New York for my music degree and transcribing in my free time. Problem: I have a very old laptop that is starting to fall apart. The keys don't always work and, although it is my baby, I can not keep using it for transcriptions. My boss had said he heard that we could write off a new laptop as an expense (much as flight attendants can write off their own laptops and mak ...

How Should I Write Out This CK Lab Value?
Jul 19, 2010

The doctor says,  " CK of fifty-nine-three-nine-four".   59,394? 59.394? 59-394? 59/394? 50, 93, 94? Thanks in advance for any and all enlightenment you can bestow upon me.  My brain is a fried mess - time for a break! ...

Write About It
Oct 13, 2012

Yahoo contributor network.  They will publish you.  All you have to do is register and write.     ...

How Do You Write Out...
May 02, 2013

It's a Whisper wire over-the-wire 1520Is over-the-wire capped or not?  I've seen both.  How do you write 1520?  Appreciate the help.  ...