A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

*bases* hemoglobin 9.5, white count 8.1, platelet count 208,000 - ls07

Posted: Nov 08, 2012

On admission *bases* hemoglobin 9.5, white count 8.1, platelet count 208,000, and normal BUN and creatinine. Does this make sense? Should it be basis? This is under Laboratory Data for a Discharge Summary.

are you a student? - ICManiac

[ In Reply To ..]
The word could be baseline, but it could just be base. It means that they got initial values to be able to compare to later values.

Similar Messages:

Platelet Count Cannot Be Reported Due To Platelet S/l Crumbs
Nov 01, 2010

Platelet count cannot be reported due to platelet s/l crumbs seen on peripheral blood smear. ...

Labs, Platelet Count, Pls S/m
Sep 29, 2011

I just got a note from QA for a hospital I transcribe for (didn't even know we had QA!) that I have been transcribing platelets incorrectly. D:  Hemoglobin 14, hematocrit 39, platelet count 200, WBC 2000,... etc., T:  Hemoglobin 14, hematocrit 39, platelet count 200, WBC 2000, Corrected:  T:  Hemoglobin 14, hematocrit 39, platelet count 200,000, WBC 2000... I've been transcribing this way for 15 years, will do whatever the account wants but I've looked ...

White Count Help
Dec 30, 2009

Doctor is stating "white count is down to 24,000.2" (twenty-four thousand point 2).  How would you transcribe this.  TIA ...

White Count
Jun 14, 2011

when doc says white count of 5.3 this is to get expanded, is that correct? Also is it expaned to 53,000? ...

White Count Was 7.3 Thousand?
Jan 24, 2011

This is probably a pretty basic one, but how would you correctly word this when a doc dictates a white count this way:  "7.3 thousand?" 7.3000? 7.3 thousand? other?   Thanks -- ...

White Cell Count 27.6000?
Apr 23, 2010

Does it sound right for a white cell count to be 27.6000.  (He stated 27-point-6000).   Looks odd to me but thought I'd ask. ...

White Blood Cell Count
Nov 29, 2011

Doc says 4.6000 wbc cell count....is this correct?  how should this be written??   ...

White Count 13 Point 7000?
Dec 29, 2011

Any ideas on how to type 13 point 7 thousand? My first thought is 13,700 but don't want to guess at it. Thanks. ...

CBC Documented Total White Count Of 14.4 ...
Dec 29, 2012

with a predominance of neutrophils.  *Beta count* normal.  Hemoglobin in the normal range. Serum electrolytes completely unremarkable ...

Help..in Lab Data, Doc Says White Count Elevated At 50.4 Thousand (sm)
Jun 29, 2011

This is a verbatim acct.  Would you type 50.4 thousand? ...

Doctor Dictates The White Blood Cell Count As 12.3 Thousand
Oct 21, 2009

I have not heard this in a long time and I forget how to transcribe it.  The doctor dictates the white blood cell count as 12.3 thousand.  Do I leave it like that, or is it 12,300??? TIA ...

Ine Count Program That Works With Word And Doesn't Count Blank Lines?
Feb 18, 2012

Does anyone know of a line count program that works with Word and doesn't count blank lines? ...

Line Count - Is MTStars Flash Count And/or Abacus Equivocal
Feb 27, 2010

I usually use the line count built into the Word program itself.  Is MTStars flash count and/or abacus equivocal ??  Any one program better than the other ??  TIA ...

White Count Is "2.39 Thousand" How To Type?
May 25, 2012

? ...

Does Count Score Mean Line Count In Fluency?
Sep 20, 2013

x ...

Line Count Software - Anyone Have MP Count?
Apr 01, 2010

Anyone have MP Count?  I used it a few years ago, but my computer crashed so I no longer have it.  I'm not sure if this IC job is gonna work out so I'm not wanting to buy a program at this point. Any advice? Thanks. ...

Character Count/line Count
Feb 23, 2011

Is this correct? I type 70,000 characters a day. I am paid by the 65 character line so I would divide 70,000 by 65 to get 1076, then multiple that by pay per line, say $.10 and get $107. If this is not correct then what is the formula? And what is the average number of lines per day? Thanks so much for the info. ...

How To Not Count Template In Line Count
Jun 25, 2012

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what is the easiest way to not count template lines when trying to invoice? I get a line count through Word, but I hear that Word counts blank spaces as well.  I downloaded and use Flash Count, but it includes all 65 character lines, I beleive including the template headings.  I hope this makes sense.  Please help!! ...

Not To Count My Loss
Nov 05, 2009

why at the end of every shift do I still bother to calculate my line totals - transcription & VR - when 9 out of 10 times I am only discouraged???  Its not my lack of skill, knowledge , speed or anything I have done that determines this loss.  Why, oh why, do I hang in there.  Maybe for the occasional good day?  The high I get when I can fly through a report of an ESL doctor, because I know better what he is trying to say?  Or maybe its the constant editing with ...

Help - How To Get Line Count
Jan 07, 2010

Just did a job with a big standard.  I have the line count, but do not know how to tell if I'm being credited with the lines in the standard.  How can I calculate this?  Thanks. ...

MP Count Software?
Mar 17, 2010

I'm currently working as a new IC for a co. that just asked me to invoice them using MP Count software.  They had an .exe application for it on their ftp server, but of course when I transferred it to my computer and tried to load it, it didn't work.  Now when I go to mp word's website, I see that they charge for the software, and there doesn't seem to be any software that ONLY functions as line counting software. Any experience with the softwar ...

Page Count
Dec 01, 2010

I need a recommendation for a page counting software program. I have a new client who wants to be billed by the page instead of by the line. I thanking you in advance for your recomendations. ...

NEW LINE COUNT
May 24, 2011

Hi.  Can anyone decipher what the memo means about the new line count?  How will our pay change, wait...never mind...I am sure it will go down.  Anyway, what does this new stuff mean? ...

Invivo Count
Aug 26, 2011

How is this written when it is in the laboratory data?  Thanks ...

Low Line Count
Jul 20, 2012

Has anyone else working in the North Region noticed that their line count has gone down since CCM made it so that only one job loads at a time? ...

Line Count...
Sep 19, 2012

I have been working for this company for about 18 month and so far so good. It was even bought out by a bigger company and everything stayed the same with no problems. They don't bother me, I do my work and everything is fine. About 6 months ago my line count started going way down and I really just chalked it up to not being able to concentrate as much because my baby started walking and basically making it impossible for me to work. For the past week my line count has about doubled. ...

No Line Count
Nov 13, 2012

Over an hour into my shift, I went to check my line count, so that I can keep track hourly.. well it has ZERO... nothing has taken effect yet??? is this normal. ...

Need Line Count Help
May 04, 2013

I have been told that I need to increase my LPH.  So last night I kept track of the lines of each document done by using MS Word.  But later when I compared it to Nuance's line tracker (ichart) it only listed half the lines that MS Word listed.  How can this be?  I realized that Word my count blank lines, but how can there possibly be that much difference?  I felt like I really kicked butt last night, but then to look at LPH with Nuance's ichart I felt cheated/ ...

Line Count Rip Off
Aug 10, 2013

Does anyone feel like they doing more jobs for less lines? ...

To RAD MTs, What Is Your Line Count Vs...
Sep 10, 2013

So far, I have calculated the "count score" on Fluency at the new rate of 0.08/.048 vs per report rate.  I 'lost' on average $165-175 per pay period over the past 3 months by the line count.  My report rates are currently 1.20/.072.  Anyone else?  Please share.  Also, the 'count score' is our line count, right?? ...