A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

My return to MQ bites the dust - Ex-ex-MQer

Posted: Sep 29, 2011

Several years ago, after working for MQ for a few years, I gave up on them - it was right around the time they introduced the whole cesspool thing and all my work disappeared.  Then, I began working elsewhere and guess what, same boring story, the work dried up.  So, with painful reluctance I came back to MQ and these last few weeks has been one heart-wrenching day after the next.  There's either no work, or I get another hospital with completely different CP instructions or my favorite - (and this is what really broke the camel's-already-bruised back) learning that my audit score was way down.  I looked at the individual scores for certain jobs and on one I got a 98% on a job where the only infraction was a blank I left.  That would have been fine if it was a flagrant use of a blank, like if I was just too lazy to figure it out, but even QA couldn't figure out what it was.  They left it blank too!  But I still get a 98% even though there was nothing, neither I or they, could do to fix it.

So yeah, I'm outta here.  I can't possibly work for a company that sets me up to fail and then has the temerity to blame me for not making line count.  WELL DUH.  I gave it a shot, I really did but they've made it clear in so many ways they don't care if I'm here or not.  And quite frankly, the feeling is mutual.

I wish you guys success for those of you who are sticking it out.   

Wait a minute..98% on a job because you left a blank (sm) - shortcake

[ In Reply To ..]
and QA still sent it off without filling it in and you are penalized for it? How is that fair? Did you talk to your whatever they are call a manager these days? This company really is setting us up for failure. How frustrating. I've recently been bought but my days are hopefully limited. Too stressful to work under such conditions, especially from our own homes!!!

QA on work - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
The only person who should be scoring your work is your Quality Coach. So if you have question regarding your scoring you need to talk to her. It could be that an MME mistakenly hit something wrong while trying to fill in that blank. MMEs do not score reports.

deductions for blanks - very seasoned

[ In Reply To ..]
Anyone getting deductions for blanks should challenge. No points are to be taken for blanks on any audit.

That's correct ... something's not right here - health and wellness coach

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm an MME and while we're not quality "coaches", part of our training is knowing the weights of all infarctions. If you genuinely did get deducted for one blank that cost you a whole 2% on your audit you should run, don't walk, to challenge it for sure.

A) There isn't supposed to be any point deduction at all for blanks.

B) I can't think of ANY single infarction that would cost 2% of an audit. Most deductions are fairly miniscule.

I agree, definitely need to challenge it - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I was just audited and two of the reports had one blank each and no points were given to these; one they got and the other was left blank, 100% score on these 2 reports.

I thought they did not audit reports with blanks and surprised they picked the only 2 reports in that week that had blanks in them, but they were sent to QA and not the customer because I wanted to know what the blanks were for future reference on a difficult dictator, so maybe that is why...killing two birds with one stone so to speak?

Similar Messages:

Another One Bites The Dust....
May 18, 2012

U.S. Transcription caves to M*Muddle.  Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide.  Say it ain't so Joe. ...

Another One Bites The Dust - SS
Mar 12, 2013

Comments?? ...

Another One Bites The Dust.
Oct 21, 2014

Received call from TSM (or whatever they are called now) yesterday that she will be done as of November 18th.  MModal is doing away with too many good ones.  Don't understand their thinking, we will be merged with another BOB, another quality coach will be added, and a scheduling person.  Why not leave it alone!  She mentioned all the good things that will come of this, all I see is bad.  I tried to be optimistic before, but after hearing this, I am not right in the ...

Another One Bites The Dust
Jan 05, 2015

Well just got word that the physical therapy company I work in house for is going point and click.  Inevitable I know.  We have about a month/month and a half.  They are keeping one of us to work the system, make sure everything is correct in it, etc.  So I'm going to start pounding the pavement.  I am thinking of looking for PT front desk work.  Wish me luck. ...

Another WMXer Bites The Dust.
Mar 23, 2012

TE is leaving. ...

Another One Bites The Dust...let Go Today
Aug 17, 2013

PT. Ccm said all PTers being let go due to lack of work. I could tell that she knew that I knew the reason WHY there was a lack of work--offshoring to india. I was at top of tier level btw. Good riddance MM. You saved me from having to quit, which I planned on doing very soon as I was sick of working for such a sh____, greedy, unethical company. ...

So The Incentive Plan Bites The Dust. Now What?
Mar 15, 2010

I guess what it's saying is that we will get raises instead, based on how we did in Jan/Feb?  Oh you mean the two months that I had little to NO WORK?  How do we know if we're getting a raise anyway?  Is the Raise Fairy going to hit us with a wand and tell us? ...

Got Last Advance Mag Today. Another One Bites The Dust.
Apr 15, 2010

There is an article about the future of MT profession, which I didn't read yet.   I am almost afraid to.  ...

Another Production Coordinator Bites The Dust At Keystrokes!
Mar 21, 2011

nm ...

Another One Bites The Dust - Accentus Acquired By Nuance.
Nov 20, 2012

to really get out of this field.     sigh ...... ...

Another One Bit The Dust
Mar 02, 2011

Are there any companies that are offering transcription only jobs that are descent.  I was full time at home and now am struggling with VR, etc. ...

What Is The Best Way To Get Some Bites On A Job. Nm
Jul 12, 2014

nm ...

Three Of My Accounts Bit The Dust!
Aug 30, 2010

So, I had work. No problems.  Then, a few months ago, the work started coming in slowly.  Then, I started receiving NO JOBS AVAILABLE here and there.  Then, the NO JOBS AVAILABLE started being constant, even at 11PM and 2AM.  Knew something was going on.  Found out 3 of my accounts are gone.  Went to India.  I was worried about my manager and what would happen to him and the rest of the MT's working on the other accounts, but comes to find out, the manage ...

Transcend Bites!
Jun 02, 2010

Why do you continue to paint yourselves in such a negative light?  So that the owner can get her jollies by coming here to see how many lives she has ruined today and try to bait that poor MT into a debate online?  You people have NO CLASS.  I have never worked for Transcend nor would I ever after what I have been reading on these boards the past couple of months. I hope you go out of business.  That is the least you deserve.  You are the worst of the worse out there.&n ...

FIESA Bites The Big One
Jan 02, 2014

Need I say more?  ...

Return To Transcription
Nov 29, 2011

I have been away from transcription for 2 years, but have 10 years experience before that.  I am looking to return and would love any advice on ways to brush up on transcription without having to pay for expensive courses.  Also, any companies that would be willing to hire in this situation.  Thanks! ...

What Equipment Do You Return?
Aug 06, 2012

What equipment are we supposed to return?  Just the hard drive?  I don't want to call my CCM about this so I hope someone who recently quit knows.  Since my computer doesn't have enough power to run 7.1, do you think they still want it back? ...

Equipment Return
Sep 08, 2012

The number that this person called from doesn't say M-Modal, just Raleigh, NC? I refuse to call and pay the long distance from my house phone where he left the message, so I tried all day yesterday to call from my cell phone and get a busy signal and "network not available" message.  Does this all sound jicky or maybe weather-related?????? ...

Return Equipment Labels
Apr 06, 2010

Left MQ the last day of March 2010.  I have read on this board numerous times that that they a long time to send return labels.  I have been gone 1 week and already have return labels, but the joke is, I do not have MQ equipment to send back.  Have been using my own equipment from day one.  I even had to have it repaired a couple months ago and my CCM asked if it was my computer.  If it had been theirs they would have gotten it back then.  Just thought you might enj ...

Return To Maker - Paycheck - What Does This Mean
Aug 01, 2010

Went to the issuing bank with my paycheck in hand.  Bank supervisor was called over.  After they stared at the screen for several minutes, handed me back the check and said they could not cash it.  When asked why, was told that it was to be "returned to maker."  Is that reason to believe the MTSO is not able to cover the paycheck? ...

6.1 Has Stolen My Capitalization On Return!! LOL
Sep 08, 2010

specifically useful in listing, when I used to hit return, it would automatically capitalize the next line, updated to 6.1 and no more auto cap on return.  Anyone else have this problem?  My expansion is Instant Text, and I don't see anything on there about the cap on return.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks, Julie ...

MT Training - Want To Return To Transcription
Feb 08, 2011

Hi there!!  I was a medical transcriptionist eons ago - learned on an IBM Selectric typewriter while listening to a dictaphone machine.  I was quite good, if I may say so myself.  However, lots of years have gone by, I became an EMT, then an LPN, but now I'm retired.  I want to return to transcription and need the advice of experienced MTs.  It seems smart to take a course online but I really don't know which course you all would recommend.  HELP!!  I need the most comprehensive ...

Famous Vs. Veinous Return?
Nov 15, 2011

Dr. states use legs and muscles to encourage _____ return.  Sound like famous.  Possibly veinous?  Thanks! ...

How Hard Will It Be To Return To Medical Transcription?
Jun 17, 2010

I'm not exactly new to the field, I transcribed clinic reports for 3 years.  After I graduated from MT school (Andrews), I ended up taking a job with a local medical transcription business.  Due to some health problems and also the owner subsequently running the business into the ground, I have been away from transcription for nearly a year.  How hard will it be to find a job after a year away from the field?  Do I have to start over as a new MT?  Thanks. ...

Return Of MQ Equipment--reporting It As Stolen?
Aug 06, 2010

I am a former MedQuister who left over 2 years ago. I just today recieved a letter from MQ stating they have contacted me 3 times over equipment that had not been returned that belongs to them. As far as I know, I was only contacted one time, it was about 3 or 4 months after I had left, and I had returned my equipment about a week or two after I ended my employment. So...this letter says they will report the equipment as stolen to the authorities, will report $2000 value of equipment on a tax f ...

Systematically Suction Curetted S/l Was/with Return
Aug 20, 2010

contents were then systematically suction curetted s/l was/with return with a very small amount of gestational tissue. ...

Outsourced Call Centers Return To U.S.
Aug 27, 2010

Nothing about MT but its a start. Here's the link: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=129406588&ft=1&f=1003 ...

She Can Return The Emergency Room Or CPAP?
Sep 07, 2011

Ok, I've been getting a lot of doctors saying this. That patients can go to/return to what s/l CPAP (see pap).   Is this correct? I'm not sure if it's a nickname for another local facility either. I have a list of commonly referred to places for this client and nothing like CPAP is on there.  Just curious. ...

Shortcut To Return To Beginning Of Audio?
Jan 24, 2013

Does anybody know if there is a keyboard shortcut to get back to the beginning of the audio?  With 6.whatever you just went back to the beginning of the text and then did control m to put the audio there and went to the beginning because of the skip markers, now with no skip marker, it only goes back to where the actual report starts, not the beginning of the ADT, if it will go back at all.  I like 7 way better in all other aspects, but having to manually slide the audio back over with ...

Grammar - The Patient Will Return In 4 Weeks Time
Jan 27, 2010

This is a simple question, but I see it both ways and get mixed up.   Which is correct? The patient will return in 4 weeks time. The patient will return in 4 week's time. Thanks!  :-) ...