A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

return of MQ equipment--reporting it as stolen? - mimtt

Posted: Aug 06, 2010

I am a former MedQuister who left over 2 years ago. I just today recieved a letter from MQ stating they have contacted me 3 times over equipment that had not been returned that belongs to them. As far as I know, I was only contacted one time, it was about 3 or 4 months after I had left, and I had returned my equipment about a week or two after I ended my employment.

So...this letter says they will report the equipment as stolen to the authorities, will report $2000 value of equipment on a tax form, and put on my credit report if they don't get it back. I DON'T HAVE IT!

When I spoke to someone from MQ directly the one time I was contacted, they said they would look into it and get back with me. I never heard back, so I assumed all was good.

Has anyone ever heard of this happening with them, and if so, what was the outcome? I am freaking out here! I have nothing to give them since I don't have the equipment and since it's been well over 2 years and we have moved since then...I don't have the UPS/Fedex receipts any longer. I didn't think I needed them anymore!

I did contact them again and told them this same thing, but I'm really freaking out here.

Equipment worth $2000!? Not remotely - MQ is lying

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm sorry for your situation and I don't doubt a bit that they claim it was worth 2K. I used to build PCs and when I recieved their computer brand new, I can promise you it was only worth $400, if that. Go to the Dell site and you can find a computer twice as good for $400.

It IS only worth 400.00, not 2,000. - Agree with this post.

[ In Reply To ..]
My husband is a manager in IT department. It is only worth around 400.00.

He laughed about hearing computer was worth 2,000.

He also stated we work for a crooked company. It must be one of the most horrible companies by the tactics they pull.

Another thing, using the terms "computer stolen"? Ridiculous. My husband thinks they are a mess at MQ with this Spheris buyout and have too many people who do not know what the heck they are doing in the IT field.

Is there anyway to call UPS to find out what can be done? Maybe a serial number of computer.

Praying it all works out and that you find the right person to talk too.

I believe I read somebody else posted the same thing.. sm - xx

[ In Reply To ..]
could be as long ago as a couple of years. never heard the outcome. same as you're saying. If that's any help. For everyone that posts, probably 10 don't. Nice way to keep the finances rolling in the equipment department.

I wonder if the shipping company keeps records that far back. - Worth looking into.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Happened to me some years ago - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
They sent me a letter almost a year later saying pretty much the same thing and I sent them the FedX confirmation/tracking number proving it was shipped back by me and have heard nothing from them since (was even hired back after that). Anyone sending a MQ computer back should get a confimation/tracking number and KEEP IT ON FILE FOREVER. I am sorry this is happening to you and hope it gets resolved. It seems this is happening to more than just a few from what I read on this board. Good luck

Keeping Records - Tired MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I sent my equipment back over a year ago, but I still have the receipt and also printed out the tracking information once it was delivered. It has where it was dropped off, the time it was signed for, and the person's name who signed for it.

SO, don't just keep the receipt, print out the final tracking information.

Very good advice! NM - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
XX

Most companies won't issue a final paycheck until all equipment is returned - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
so if they issued yours, I would think that would be tantamount to an acknowledgment of receipt of your shipment.

Also, did they send you preprinted shipping labels/waybills with their account number to return the stuff? And was it picked up at your home address? If so, I think that should make it very easy for the carrier to trace, even after this time. On the off chance the carrier lost it after they picked it up from you, then MQ's beef would be with them and you can prove it.

And NO WAY was that stuff ever worth $2000, especially if this is going back two years. I had a MQ computer just once several years ago, temporarily while mine was in the shop. When it came time to return theirs, there were some components (monitor being one) they didn't even want sent back. How valuable could that have been? If they really do make a $2000 claim for a tax credit, I would report them to the IRS.

Hope you will post again on how this turns out. This could happen to any of us, and it's scary.

I'll keep posted in case it happens to anyone else--will call tomorow. - mimtt

[ In Reply To ..]
That is true about the final paycheck. I have heard many companies do that as well. Yes, I had recieved the preprinted labels in the mail and I brought it in to Staples for shipping once it was all packed up. However, once I had been gone from there for all that time and never heard anything, no reason to believe there would be a problem, I have gotten rid of anything that had to do with my job at MQ. So really, I have no proof other than I know I did return it all. However, I am going to call them tomorrow and see if I can talk to someone in person and see if I can get anywhere that way. I know for a fact a hard drive and monitor do NOT cost them $2000; probably not even a quarter of that, so I'm going to have to bring that up as well. GRRRRR. Thought I was done with this company!

Similar Messages:

6.1 Has Stolen My Capitalization On Return!! LOL
Sep 08, 2010

specifically useful in listing, when I used to hit return, it would automatically capitalize the next line, updated to 6.1 and no more auto cap on return.  Anyone else have this problem?  My expansion is Instant Text, and I don't see anything on there about the cap on return.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks, Julie ...

What Equipment Do You Return?
Aug 06, 2012

What equipment are we supposed to return?  Just the hard drive?  I don't want to call my CCM about this so I hope someone who recently quit knows.  Since my computer doesn't have enough power to run 7.1, do you think they still want it back? ...

Equipment Return
Sep 08, 2012

The number that this person called from doesn't say M-Modal, just Raleigh, NC? I refuse to call and pay the long distance from my house phone where he left the message, so I tried all day yesterday to call from my cell phone and get a busy signal and "network not available" message.  Does this all sound jicky or maybe weather-related?????? ...

Return Equipment Labels
Apr 06, 2010

Left MQ the last day of March 2010.  I have read on this board numerous times that that they a long time to send return labels.  I have been gone 1 week and already have return labels, but the joke is, I do not have MQ equipment to send back.  Have been using my own equipment from day one.  I even had to have it repaired a couple months ago and my CCM asked if it was my computer.  If it had been theirs they would have gotten it back then.  Just thought you might enj ...

Someone Explain To Me How I Am Supposed To Return My Equipment To A Company
Oct 30, 2011

that immediately locked me out of company email and no one is answering the phone at corporate headquarters? I resigned a week a couple of weeks ago.  It was all very cordial and professional.  I sent an email outlining my reasons for leaving, thanking them for the opportunity to work of the company, and closed with please let me know how and to where you would like me to ship your equipment.  I get an email basically accepting my resignation and informing that someone from the ...

LOL Maybe Dr. H Will Be Reporting On The New
Jul 27, 2012

Whatcha think? :-) ...

Reporting USA Out Of Texas?
Aug 01, 2010

anyone work for them? ...

Court Reporting
Mar 03, 2011

As I have all of my eggs in one basket with medical transcription, I am looking into court reporting.  I have been in this industry for 20 years and I have seen the constant decline of this industry.   I am just curious if anyone has knowledge of court reporting and if it would be an easy transition.  I will primarily be focused on worker's comp depositions.  I don't foresee any problem with the doctor's deposition as I have the medical terminology down.  Thanks for any i ...

Reporting F11 On Self Care
Jul 28, 2011

I keep a log of my F11s and report then all at once, at the end of the day, like instructed since a couple of months ago.  I apparently left one number out of the IJ# last week and just got a phone call.  I got chewed out about ABUSING F11!    I got so angry that I argued back that as the person that is having to attempt to decipher a ESL dictator using a poor quality system with disgustingly poor audio quality that I should be given a MEDAL to have made heads AND tails ...

I Am Reporting Discrepancies Under The Help Tab
Aug 27, 2012

Is that the right place, cause have been doing it for over 3 weeks now and getting really frustrated...my comments are getting nastier and nastier by the day, would hate for no one to be seeing them. ...

Anybody Else Having Trouble Reporting
Nov 19, 2012

Log into Remedy and when I click report a problem-->report NJA, the screen turns blue and won't let me do anything. On hold with support, just wanted to check here.TIA ...

Under Or Over Reporting Hours
Mar 06, 2014

What difference does it make if we are over reporting our hours.  We don't get PTO any longer so what does it matter?  We r supposed to clock in and out when we get up to use the restroom or just stretch our legs.  Other people that work outside of MT don't have to clock in and out each time they get up to go to the bathroom then why should we?  That way we have to work an hour or 2 longer than we are scheduled just to get in potty breaks or leg stretching time!!!! ...

Reporting Time Pay
Feb 08, 2015

I had posted about this when I was still with the company.  I'm reposting this to help you all out, as when I had last posted about it I had emailed Nuance regarding the New York law.  I had emailed them regarding my shift, that I followed all procedures, and then I sent a .pdf of the New York State Labor statute regarding reporting time pay.   THEY PAID IT.  THEY ABSOLUTELY PAID IT.  My TSM was not happy and thought I had mismarked the time card.  HR/Payrol ...

Anyone Work For Heritage Reporting In DC?
Oct 10, 2011

it's a legal transcription that had a job listing late September and it has intrigued me.  Apparently they pay by the page, and I have no idea how that would work out. I also wonder about work flow/ does it dry up?  can you have backup accounts, etc etc.   Thanks in advance. ...

Reporting A Problem In Remedy
Sep 19, 2012

can anyone tell me how to report an incident in Remedy? I click on report a problem then the only choice I have is Report a hardware/software issue, report NJA or F11. There is nothing there about reporting a new incident?? ...

Radiation Dose Reporting - Sm
Jul 21, 2014

Regarding the DLP - I've seen it written variously mGy-cm, mGy•cm and mGy.cm.   Becuase it's a product, my inclination is think that the second (with the dot used as in mathmetical publications to indicate multiplication) is correct but just not sure.  Anyone have a definitive answer & reference?   Thanks :)  ...

Return To Transcription
Nov 29, 2011

I have been away from transcription for 2 years, but have 10 years experience before that.  I am looking to return and would love any advice on ways to brush up on transcription without having to pay for expensive courses.  Also, any companies that would be willing to hire in this situation.  Thanks! ...

Has Anyone Researched Court Reporting Or Scoping? SM
Oct 19, 2010

All of my work seems to be going to EMR or voice recognition.  I have three kids and I need to stay financially stable.  As I hang on to my last account, I am looking to go back to school.  I dont know where to go.  I was thinking about court reporting and/or scoping work.  Does anyone know where I can find information on these careers? Better yet, does anyone have personal experiencing working within this field? ...

Has The Same Thing Happened To Court Reporting?
Nov 06, 2013

Just got to wondering. I know back when I made 50K doing MT, I was told court reporters were making twice that.  I never really understood what they do, some kind of shorthand machine? only I don't think they use that anymore.  So has their career gone down the tubes as well? anyone know? ...

Reporting Companies To Labor Board?
May 21, 2015

I am just curious...has anyone ever reported companies that don't pay you for your work? I have been reading posts about some of them particularly the one that has a new pay system where I think you all said you only get paid for 80% of your work?? How absurd. That has got to be illegal. I have provided the link to get you started. I reported a company I worked for 30 years ago in a different field who tried to withold my paycheck because I just quit without notice. All I had to do wa ...

Return To Maker - Paycheck - What Does This Mean
Aug 01, 2010

Went to the issuing bank with my paycheck in hand.  Bank supervisor was called over.  After they stared at the screen for several minutes, handed me back the check and said they could not cash it.  When asked why, was told that it was to be "returned to maker."  Is that reason to believe the MTSO is not able to cover the paycheck? ...

MT Training - Want To Return To Transcription
Feb 08, 2011

Hi there!!  I was a medical transcriptionist eons ago - learned on an IBM Selectric typewriter while listening to a dictaphone machine.  I was quite good, if I may say so myself.  However, lots of years have gone by, I became an EMT, then an LPN, but now I'm retired.  I want to return to transcription and need the advice of experienced MTs.  It seems smart to take a course online but I really don't know which course you all would recommend.  HELP!!  I need the most comprehensive ...

My Return To MQ Bites The Dust
Sep 29, 2011

Several years ago, after working for MQ for a few years, I gave up on them - it was right around the time they introduced the whole cesspool thing and all my work disappeared.  Then, I began working elsewhere and guess what, same boring story, the work dried up.  So, with painful reluctance I came back to MQ and these last few weeks has been one heart-wrenching day after the next.  There's either no work, or I get another hospital with completely different CP instructions or ...

Famous Vs. Veinous Return?
Nov 15, 2011

Dr. states use legs and muscles to encourage _____ return.  Sound like famous.  Possibly veinous?  Thanks! ...

I'm Going To Start Reporting Every Single Company That Is Advertising
Jan 21, 2010

...if it's obvious they are really looking for employees but want to avoid paying benefits.   Just how much abuse and illegal crap are we supposed to take in this industry. Enough already!! ...

Doctor Reporting Poor Quality Reports....
Feb 18, 2015

sooooo...I just received an email from the quality person of the day.  She said the client requested an audit of all reports for a certain provider based upon poor quality.  Two of my reports came up on this audit as being below 99.5.  These reports had 1-point errors on them because of omitted and/or inserted medical words.    I am not denying that I made the mistakes.  However, if there is a consistent quality problem with a certain provider, perhaps...and I kno ...

How Hard Will It Be To Return To Medical Transcription?
Jun 17, 2010

I'm not exactly new to the field, I transcribed clinic reports for 3 years.  After I graduated from MT school (Andrews), I ended up taking a job with a local medical transcription business.  Due to some health problems and also the owner subsequently running the business into the ground, I have been away from transcription for nearly a year.  How hard will it be to find a job after a year away from the field?  Do I have to start over as a new MT?  Thanks. ...

Systematically Suction Curetted S/l Was/with Return
Aug 20, 2010

contents were then systematically suction curetted s/l was/with return with a very small amount of gestational tissue. ...

Outsourced Call Centers Return To U.S.
Aug 27, 2010

Nothing about MT but its a start. Here's the link: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=129406588&ft=1&f=1003 ...

She Can Return The Emergency Room Or CPAP?
Sep 07, 2011

Ok, I've been getting a lot of doctors saying this. That patients can go to/return to what s/l CPAP (see pap).   Is this correct? I'm not sure if it's a nickname for another local facility either. I have a list of commonly referred to places for this client and nothing like CPAP is on there.  Just curious. ...