A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Another one bites the dust...let go today - kiki

Posted: Aug 17, 2013

PT. Ccm said all PTers being let go due to lack of work. I could tell that she knew that I knew the reason WHY there was a lack of work--offshoring to india. I was at top of tier level btw. Good riddance MM. You saved me from having to quit, which I planned on doing very soon as I was sick of working for such a sh____, greedy, unethical company.

Ditto - artlady

[ In Reply To ..]
Same experience. I asked the same questions, same response at the other end.

Manner in which this was done is totally unethical. Someone has posted the WARN act. I hope an attorney will intercept.

which region? Waste of time..... - xx99

[ In Reply To ..]
Curious what region. So ALL part timers are being let go? Who can do this job for 8 solid hours a day? It must be torture, this "piecework." Once upon a time I worked for the prosecutor's office and worked 6.5 hours a day which was full time. What a waste of precious time working 8 hours a day for this satanic company. I was let go Thursday. First Saturday, with just a few exceptions, that I don't have to work in 25 years. It's an unbelievable feeling.

Unethical - artlady

[ In Reply To ..]
North. I, too, have been a long-time transcriptionist - over 30 years. Never more than 3 days without keyboarding since I was 24. I got my fatal call at 10:00 on Tuesday morning. Others, I understand by the posts, just had their programs shut off in mid-work. I try to understand re-organization, but when I was given the name of a VP to e-mail with my questions, I realized that possibly most of the mid-management is Indian. I always ask locations of outside support and invariably it has been India in IT for several months now. I think the only satisfaction any of us will have is if this company implodes upon itself. My understanding also is that this was a higher mid-management plan in the making for several years now. It is imperative that US medical facilities drop their contracts if this off-shore hiring continues and bring this company down. There are too many women and men in this country without work to be allowing this corporate greed to take place. Very unethical and un-American. I am very supportive of world communities, but this company has created a cyber-sweatshop on the backs of primarily skilled women. When women in India are already complaining about the difficulty to maintain the work loads and requirements to keep their jobs, one knows for sure something is wrong. The government or some other entity needs to step up and regulate transcription companies who are hiring off-shore immediately. You are right, 8 hours a day is ridiculous, working at the pace expected for 8 hours is nothing short of ridiculous. This has got to be taken up by a bigger constituency. I hope some lawyer or lawyers will step up.

I love it. We are working for a satanic company. - Still part timers working.

[ In Reply To ..]
I have friends who are part time and still working.

It feels so strange not having to check work all the time. Just know YOU ARE NOW FREEEEE from this demoralizing, unethical company. :)

Similar Messages:

Got Last Advance Mag Today. Another One Bites The Dust.
Apr 15, 2010

There is an article about the future of MT profession, which I didn't read yet.   I am almost afraid to.  ...

Another One Bites The Dust....
May 18, 2012

U.S. Transcription caves to M*Muddle.  Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide.  Say it ain't so Joe. ...

Another One Bites The Dust - SS
Mar 12, 2013

Comments?? ...

Another One Bites The Dust.
Oct 21, 2014

Received call from TSM (or whatever they are called now) yesterday that she will be done as of November 18th.  MModal is doing away with too many good ones.  Don't understand their thinking, we will be merged with another BOB, another quality coach will be added, and a scheduling person.  Why not leave it alone!  She mentioned all the good things that will come of this, all I see is bad.  I tried to be optimistic before, but after hearing this, I am not right in the ...

Another One Bites The Dust
Jan 05, 2015

Well just got word that the physical therapy company I work in house for is going point and click.  Inevitable I know.  We have about a month/month and a half.  They are keeping one of us to work the system, make sure everything is correct in it, etc.  So I'm going to start pounding the pavement.  I am thinking of looking for PT front desk work.  Wish me luck. ...

My Return To MQ Bites The Dust
Sep 29, 2011

Several years ago, after working for MQ for a few years, I gave up on them - it was right around the time they introduced the whole cesspool thing and all my work disappeared.  Then, I began working elsewhere and guess what, same boring story, the work dried up.  So, with painful reluctance I came back to MQ and these last few weeks has been one heart-wrenching day after the next.  There's either no work, or I get another hospital with completely different CP instructions or ...

Another WMXer Bites The Dust.
Mar 23, 2012

TE is leaving. ...

So The Incentive Plan Bites The Dust. Now What?
Mar 15, 2010

I guess what it's saying is that we will get raises instead, based on how we did in Jan/Feb?  Oh you mean the two months that I had little to NO WORK?  How do we know if we're getting a raise anyway?  Is the Raise Fairy going to hit us with a wand and tell us? ...

Another Production Coordinator Bites The Dust At Keystrokes!
Mar 21, 2011

nm ...

Another One Bites The Dust - Accentus Acquired By Nuance.
Nov 20, 2012

to really get out of this field.     sigh ...... ...

Another One Bit The Dust
Mar 02, 2011

Are there any companies that are offering transcription only jobs that are descent.  I was full time at home and now am struggling with VR, etc. ...

What Is The Best Way To Get Some Bites On A Job. Nm
Jul 12, 2014

nm ...

Three Of My Accounts Bit The Dust!
Aug 30, 2010

So, I had work. No problems.  Then, a few months ago, the work started coming in slowly.  Then, I started receiving NO JOBS AVAILABLE here and there.  Then, the NO JOBS AVAILABLE started being constant, even at 11PM and 2AM.  Knew something was going on.  Found out 3 of my accounts are gone.  Went to India.  I was worried about my manager and what would happen to him and the rest of the MT's working on the other accounts, but comes to find out, the manage ...

Transcend Bites!
Jun 02, 2010

Why do you continue to paint yourselves in such a negative light?  So that the owner can get her jollies by coming here to see how many lives she has ruined today and try to bait that poor MT into a debate online?  You people have NO CLASS.  I have never worked for Transcend nor would I ever after what I have been reading on these boards the past couple of months. I hope you go out of business.  That is the least you deserve.  You are the worst of the worse out there.&n ...

FIESA Bites The Big One
Jan 02, 2014

Need I say more?  ...

Are Timesheets Approved Today? Nothing From TSM On Monday Or Today. NM
Jan 01, 2014

xx ...

Email Working Today? Silent Today.
Feb 25, 2015

By this time in the day, usually, there has been at least 7 emails - several from QA, at least 2-3 backlog updates, and 1 reminder to work our shift and work our entire shift. ...

Is Anyone Else Getting Less ASR Today?
Feb 03, 2010

My work is normally about 97% ASR, today I have only had 1 ASR job.  I'm not complaining, quite the opposite actually.  I'm just curious if anyone else is getting less ASR work today.  I was hoping it was down and we can expect a day or two of straight typing. ...

Anyone Else Down Today?
Apr 29, 2010

Unable to log on because DQS needs to be updated.  Then can't update on DocuManage because there's no link.  They tell me they someone will call back and help me, but they have no way of knowing when.  This would definitely qualify for technical downtime, am I right?  Anyone else having this issue today? ...

What Is Up With DQS Today?
May 23, 2010

DQS is driving me crazy today.  When I push the pedal, it takes a couple seconds to start playing.  If I let off the pedal, it keeps going for a couple seconds and I can't get it to stop.  The typing I am doing does not keep up with my finger speed either, with words not showing up until after I've typed them. I use my own computer and have never encountered this issue before.  It is a major hindrance though, slowing me down. What's next? ...

Today Was My Last Day With MQ.
Jun 08, 2010

Typing that last report, signing out for the last time.....it was all very surreal.  I still can't believe I actually left.  Sad though because I wasn't offered anything PT (not that I would had taken it), and nobody said "we'll be happy to take you back".  AND....no exit interview.  Guess I thought they appreciated me more than that.  Oh well.  Some of my friends wished me well and will miss me.  Thats all I need.  ...

QA'd My First ILP Today.
Feb 02, 2011

Horrendous, absolutely horrendous.  It felt like I was editing an ASR report.  If they are all like this one, then I have no worries about losing my job to the Indians because once the clients see the garbage that is coming out of there, they will be begging for the USA.  ...

Have Gotten SO Much Done Today Already!
Feb 04, 2011

Since my shift started a little over an hour ago, I have blown out my hair, cleaned the bathroom, made a dentist appointment and paid some bills! Whew! Looking for what to do next because it sure doesn't look like I'll be doing any typing this morning.  NJA all day so far! Weeeeeee!!!!! (Sorry, just needed to try to make some humor out of it). Hope everybody has a great weekend! ...

Today Is When I Let It All Go
Jul 13, 2012

I get so fuming mad about all these things that are going on at Nuance and with our careers and livlihoods, the lies and deceitful practices of this company that came along and gobbled up all the MTSOs and made my life a nightmare. I am the type of person that wants to fight for what is right and make my voice heard. Why such a company could come in and treat the employees the way Nuance does. I fell that if I try to fight I will just get myself into major trouble. ...

The BIG Lay-off Today
Apr 04, 2013

I have not posted on this site for a long, long time because there is so much negativity on here and stuff that was posted that is simply untrue.  Not sure why anyone would stay with a company when they are so unhappy and then good people get laid off.  Today I got the call, about 3 hours into my shift. I knew something was up as my caller ID never says Medquist on it.  My TSM's voice sounded really awful and all she could say was I am sorry to call with bad news but you have ...

Is Today Pay Day?
May 17, 2013

I thought today was pay day??  No direct deposit for me.  Maybe i'm confused ...

ASR Bad Today
Jul 08, 2013

Noticing this a.m. really BAD.  Putting in a lot that is NOT said and leaving out what IS said.  As if our job isn't aggravating enough.  More typing than editing. ...

MM ASR Seems To Be Particularly Bad Today.
Aug 04, 2013

nm ...

MM ASR Seems Especially Bad Today. Anyone Else?
Sep 28, 2013

Missing a lot of words and totally random punctuation. Oh well, I'd be at minimum either which way. ...

What's Up Today? Sm
Mar 20, 2014

I have not received 1 email with account status updates, stupid "joke of the day", tip of the day or error emails. Also, none of the TMs are on. ...