A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

My Catalyst announcement email just says "null" inside. - sm

Posted: Jun 12, 2012

Is it anything interesting or important, or does everyone's just say null, LOL...

No. But, I have had some to - gmgt

[ In Reply To ..]
do that. But, then it would be okay after logging out and logging back in.

I get messages that say that when I use Firefox - When I switch to IE, it works.

[ In Reply To ..]
If you are using IE and get the message, you may need to update it.

you didn't miss much - useless

[ In Reply To ..]
First of all, let me just say that by I am sick of them adding exclamation points to everything to make it seem special and important as if we care. It's not and we don't.

Catalyst! is a natural language solution designed to deliver actionable information and intelligence from unstructured and structured data in medical documentation. Which means what? We all know our ASR, I mean Fluency! is supposed to be a language solution too and we see how fabulous ASR does. Why are we supposed to be excited about this? And how much of a pay cut are we going to get this time?

Once again, it is an email designed for their clients and investors making the company seem more important with a lot of !!!! They somehow didn't mention the results of the employee survey in December and how high the turnover rate is or how they have no work for their employees. But they mentioned the 22nd place again and thanked their clients for the growth and momentum together. Makes me just want to throw up.

If they want to improve communication then they need to actually say something other than corporate BS. I know they think we are stupid. I would rather not have any communication than this lousy attempt to pacify the masses.

catalyst - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
This sounds like technology which is designed to do away with MT! I am concerned with the MT profession being lost to technology.

I am sure that is what they would like - never will happen

[ In Reply To ..]
No computer will ever do away with logic and reasoning and critical thinking skills that we possess. ASR or Fluency or whatever they call it does not recognize discrepancies or - go back and add to the end of the PMH and forget grammar and punctuation. All it does it put what it hears. It is our job to make the report make sense and try to keep the errors to a minimum so the patient doesn't get killed.

If MModal doesn't appreciate our skill set (and there are many days I feel they don't) then screw them. They need us, they just hate paying us what we are worth. They have driven off many good MTs and tried to compensate by cheaper labor from India and they found out they get what they pay for. Serves them right.

Catalyst - mbw

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been worried about the future of MTs for awhile now. The switch to EHR cost me my job about 4 months ago. I had that job 9 years. :(

What is Catalyst? My email said "null" too.

just hit reply with history and then you can read it - and delete afterwards

[ In Reply To ..]
Dont know why we have such a lousy e-mail system.

re: wow... do you think this is a part... - anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
mine says dull too....

You just hit - "back to message list"

[ In Reply To ..]
and it usually loads correctly the second time, at least in my experience...

Similar Messages:

Null Inoperatively??
Aug 23, 2011

Doctor says: "We are going to treat this fracture s/l null inoperatively".  Is null operatively correct?  Help please. ...

What Is Catalyst For Transcription?
Jul 02, 2014

Anyone know? ...

So The New Announcement Was That The New......
Oct 02, 2014

WOULD NOT be calculated in compensation at this time??  So what was the exciting news?   That means it has nothing to do with wages or bonuses...not sure what the hype is?   So basically things stay the same with pay and bonuses how they are figured? ...

Anyone Else Get This??? Special Announcement
Jan 18, 2013

There is an important announcement being made Monday, January 01/21/2013. Please attend... ...

October Announcement
Sep 26, 2014

I am no my shift right now......a lot of strange things lately.  I canno get ANYONE to answer an e-mail.  My boss decided to go on "vacation" for 2 weeks and will not be back until middle of October?  FIESA?  I haven't received anything from them in weeks!!   ...

ETrans Sweaty Announcement
Oct 03, 2011

Could have saved myself some weekend anxiety. The 877 call in number was Medquist. The CEO tremored through the whole accounce of the buyout. HUH eat my foot they will recognize and keep everything intact. When I asked for Federal Leave when Q bought Spheris they would NOT recognize my time. eTrans made an "error" last pay taking away all my PTO. The sweaty CEO has a bad conscious because eTrans will make as much as MTs in India. Now I know what the Plus in Etrans stood for. ...

Anybody Else Get A Laugh From The Press Announcement?
May 09, 2012

OOOHH.  Big announcement today, join us.  For what?  DocQscribe just renamed?  Forgive me if I am not excited, sounds like a disappointing regift to me.  In fact, it is probably better they change it to Fluency or whatever because on my new MM computer sent for the upgrade to DocQscribe 7 they spelled the program as DoQscribe.  No kidding.  Be on the watch out for more pictures of corporate parties I am sure because to some people this is a big deal.  ...

Special Announcement Followup
Jan 21, 2013

The big special announcement was our TCM was moving back into her previous roll of QA coach - bringing in a new TCM.   No lost accounts, no jobs cut, no pay cuts... all positives... ...

What Does MModal's Announcement Mean For Current Coders
Mar 13, 2014

There are many of us who left places like that to be coders and don't want to go back. ...

Pitiful Webmedx Community Page Announcement
Sep 01, 2010

What a bunch of nonsense.  They wait until well into their smoke and mirrors BS to say that they lost two accounts and had to let people go. Guaranteed they knew the accounts were gone a while ago--seen this with them before, and the decent thing would have been to warn people--but there seems to be no decency here any longer in how management conducts itself.  Question:   What is with all the new hires this summer who have been scrolling on the community page? ...

ALERT!!!! See Inside
May 20, 2010

Someone asked that I start a new thread on this subject so it does not get buried regarding a job posting I received (and others also).  Below is the link to my original post if it does get buried.  If anyone wants to know the company....and I will post it here if that is allowed...you can contact me by email.  Otherwise, perhaps the monitor will advise whether I can post the company name.  I do not have a good feeling about this outfit.  I have not posted all the conten ...

Anybody Ever Try This..(read Inside)
Sep 24, 2012

My job is extremely stressful these days b/c of constant threatening e mails to the whole team by our manager. I really don't want to look at e mails anymore.  They are making me feel really bad about the job.  But the work itself is good and the pay is minimum wage (of course).  So I can't quit.  I am thinking about not looking at e mails.  Has anyone been able to continue working without getting in trouble by not reading e mails. What is the longest you hav ...

Inside States...
Apr 24, 2014

Inscribe posted on job seeker's site, the new state laws do not allow them to hire from California.  What is that all about?  Geez.. ...

Need Inside Info
Jun 25, 2015

would anyone care to share experience with Saince?  thank you, SMC ...

S/l Gerota's Fat...see Inside For More Detail
Dec 18, 2009

This is on an enhanced CT of the chest...   There is also interval development of a focal area of nodularity measuring 1.08 cm in diameter within the (gerotas jerotus, gerotous, jerotus) fat on the left in the vicinity of the previous biopsy which could represent inflammatory changes. ...

Please See Inside Message, S/l Auger
Mar 08, 2010

During this procedure, the ovary was nicked and chocolate s/l auger _____ fluid was released.  This was suctioned.  Careful tedious dissection was done until the ovary was completely released.  Even though the ovary did drain a small amount of chocolate s/l auger ____  endometrioma fluid into the pelvis, the majority of the ovary was still filled.  Then using the 12 mm port, ...

Can Someone Please Tell Me What The Difference Is, Please See Inside Message
May 15, 2010

What would be the difference in taking a Medical Coding Program such as Andrews or AHIMA offers, versus taking THIS BELOW that Herzing offers.  I see Herzing says Insurance coding. So career wise, what is really the difference between being a Coder and an insurance coder?  Is there any difference in the job, the pay, etc?   I have a Pell grant and you see, Andrews and AHIMA do not accept it. from Herzing Online University Medical Billing and Insurance Coding - Overview Med ...

Pay Cuts. See Inside Message
Jul 11, 2011

I think it is time for some complaints to state and federal labor boards.  It is ILLEGAL  for the Q to cut us to below the Federal minumum wage.  ...

Word Help Please, Sentence Inside
May 31, 2012

The patient still has the s/l wedin soft tissue mass in the subcutaneous tissue at the distal aspect of his left total hip incision.  ...

Check This Out! How Accurate! (inside)
May 19, 2014

See Link Inside. What An Employer Can/cannot
Dec 04, 2014

when it comes to docking your pay, and docking our pay is now the law of the Nuance landscape, sending reports to QA, etc.  I have seen nothing or heard anything good, including during the conference call.  Did you agree to this new and exciting plan~~~in writing?  The link below, as long as the title may be, is from U. S. News and World Report.  Wonder if Nuance had their lawyers look at what they are doing?    ...

ORTHO HELP - Let's Try Again With The Full Sentence - See Inside!
Nov 23, 2009

"I have discussed with the family and I have anticipated approximately a 4 to 5 cm difference of the possibility that pan-genu epiphysiodesis at the appropriate time for ultimate equalization." ...

It Is Beautiful Outside And I Am Stuck Inside W/NJA, Just Waiting
Apr 13, 2010

NM ...

See Inside For Comments On This Very Odd Situation For Transcribing
Jun 09, 2011

Did anyone ever hear of a place where you do ASR or VR and having to cut and paste because they want specific macros.  Never did this before.  Any comments.  They pay very low for this work to begin with, very low. ...

Whoever Thought VR Up Needs To Be Slapped! VR Screw Up Inside...
Jan 30, 2013

This is what VR spit out.  "The patient appears obese but appears healthy and talks rectally."  ...

How To Type A Test Question Inside A Sentance. Prostate Cancer Pt.
Jan 20, 2011

He scores 10 out of 25 points on the SHIM components of the International Index of Erectile Function, but all 10 points are for "when you attempted sexual intercourse, how often was it satisfactory to you," he gave himself 5 points there.  Otherwise, he is not able to have sexual activity. ...

Holy Yikes..got An Email From MedQ With All Email Addresses
Nov 17, 2011

I am sure these are closely guarded as they would let MTs actually communicate with each other..and that would be a no no.. MTs might actually band together ...

Is Anyone Having Email Issues. Just Tried To Reply To An Email And It Didnt Work.
Dec 02, 2014

x ...

Vent - MQCentral Email Is The Lousiest Email
Dec 07, 2010

system devised!  It never seems to work and is so unbelievably slow I can't stand it!!  Glad I got that off my chest. ...

Good Ole MM. They Want Us Perfect But Their Email Saying Email Purge
Oct 19, 2012

x ...