A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

See inside for comments on this very odd situation for transcribing - MT

Posted: Jun 09, 2011

Did anyone ever hear of a place where you do ASR or VR and having to cut and paste because they want specific macros.  Never did this before.  Any comments.  They pay very low for this work to begin with, very low.

this happened when I worked at acusis - s/m

[ In Reply To ..]
Most of the doctors were on SR, but there were a few doctors that had templates and they would state "Please use form XYS", which is what the SR engine would write. That meant we had to add in that template by hand. Not too big a deal if there were no adjustments to the template as it could be put into an expander, but many times there would be additions and subtractions to said template. All paid for at the SR line rate, of course.

These templates are all the headings. That is what makes it rough. nm - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

and they don't pay for template lines, either. - Cheap, cheap, cheap!

[ In Reply To ..]
()

Similar Messages:

ALERT!!!! See Inside
May 20, 2010

Someone asked that I start a new thread on this subject so it does not get buried regarding a job posting I received (and others also).  Below is the link to my original post if it does get buried.  If anyone wants to know the company....and I will post it here if that is allowed...you can contact me by email.  Otherwise, perhaps the monitor will advise whether I can post the company name.  I do not have a good feeling about this outfit.  I have not posted all the conten ...

Anybody Ever Try This..(read Inside)
Sep 24, 2012

My job is extremely stressful these days b/c of constant threatening e mails to the whole team by our manager. I really don't want to look at e mails anymore.  They are making me feel really bad about the job.  But the work itself is good and the pay is minimum wage (of course).  So I can't quit.  I am thinking about not looking at e mails.  Has anyone been able to continue working without getting in trouble by not reading e mails. What is the longest you hav ...

Inside States...
Apr 24, 2014

Inscribe posted on job seeker's site, the new state laws do not allow them to hire from California.  What is that all about?  Geez.. ...

Need Inside Info
Jun 25, 2015

would anyone care to share experience with Saince?  thank you, SMC ...

S/l Gerota's Fat...see Inside For More Detail
Dec 18, 2009

This is on an enhanced CT of the chest...   There is also interval development of a focal area of nodularity measuring 1.08 cm in diameter within the (gerotas jerotus, gerotous, jerotus) fat on the left in the vicinity of the previous biopsy which could represent inflammatory changes. ...

Please See Inside Message, S/l Auger
Mar 08, 2010

During this procedure, the ovary was nicked and chocolate s/l auger _____ fluid was released.  This was suctioned.  Careful tedious dissection was done until the ovary was completely released.  Even though the ovary did drain a small amount of chocolate s/l auger ____  endometrioma fluid into the pelvis, the majority of the ovary was still filled.  Then using the 12 mm port, ...

Can Someone Please Tell Me What The Difference Is, Please See Inside Message
May 15, 2010

What would be the difference in taking a Medical Coding Program such as Andrews or AHIMA offers, versus taking THIS BELOW that Herzing offers.  I see Herzing says Insurance coding. So career wise, what is really the difference between being a Coder and an insurance coder?  Is there any difference in the job, the pay, etc?   I have a Pell grant and you see, Andrews and AHIMA do not accept it. from Herzing Online University Medical Billing and Insurance Coding - Overview Med ...

Pay Cuts. See Inside Message
Jul 11, 2011

I think it is time for some complaints to state and federal labor boards.  It is ILLEGAL  for the Q to cut us to below the Federal minumum wage.  ...

Word Help Please, Sentence Inside
May 31, 2012

The patient still has the s/l wedin soft tissue mass in the subcutaneous tissue at the distal aspect of his left total hip incision.  ...

Check This Out! How Accurate! (inside)
May 19, 2014

See Link Inside. What An Employer Can/cannot
Dec 04, 2014

when it comes to docking your pay, and docking our pay is now the law of the Nuance landscape, sending reports to QA, etc.  I have seen nothing or heard anything good, including during the conference call.  Did you agree to this new and exciting plan~~~in writing?  The link below, as long as the title may be, is from U. S. News and World Report.  Wonder if Nuance had their lawyers look at what they are doing?    ...

ORTHO HELP - Let's Try Again With The Full Sentence - See Inside!
Nov 23, 2009

"I have discussed with the family and I have anticipated approximately a 4 to 5 cm difference of the possibility that pan-genu epiphysiodesis at the appropriate time for ultimate equalization." ...

It Is Beautiful Outside And I Am Stuck Inside W/NJA, Just Waiting
Apr 13, 2010

NM ...

Whoever Thought VR Up Needs To Be Slapped! VR Screw Up Inside...
Jan 30, 2013

This is what VR spit out.  "The patient appears obese but appears healthy and talks rectally."  ...

No-win Situation
Nov 22, 2010

I've been a transcriptionist for 29 years, the last 14 of which have been working from home.  My husband used to always carry me on his insurance but he lost his job (the plant closed down where he worked) and he has subsequently gone on disability.  He's 62, and is soon to be on Medicare.  I need insurance in a bad way, but I've tried and I just can't maintain 150 lines an hour.  I manage between 125-150.  I think holding us to a quota like ...

Bad, Bad Situation
Dec 23, 2012

I expect to get flamed or slammed here, but I have a question. Is there anyone else on this board that works for the measily 7 cpl for straight typing and if so, how in heck do you survive? I am a pretty fast typist and I use a word expander, but I find it almost impossible to make any kind of a living from this now. The last MTSO I worked for the hospital decided to go with the Q and I did find another MTSO to work for, but for 30% less than what I was making before. I have been an MT for 1 ...

NJA Situation
Jul 19, 2013

What are the jobs like today in other regions- Strategic is currently zero! Going to relax and enjoy my morning for now. Yesterday was zero also.  ...

What Do You Do In This Situation?
Sep 16, 2013

Doc is dictating and it makes Zero sense. There are several "sentences" where the words in no way, shape, or form make anything close to a formed thought. And just continues rambling. Do you all leave it word for word? not that I can remotely find a way to make it make sense, just curious and really frustrated. ...

OOW Situation - ??
Jun 10, 2015

Paycheck Friday will be almost 200 short.  Anyone's TSM giving them any input?  I doubt they are going to say --- QC now in the pool with you, but... We have lost no accounts, TSM says there have been no new hires in our group.  (like I believe everything I am told...) Tired of this crap. Would love to apply at WalMart but right now all the college kids are hired on.  Maybe after school starts, but in the meantime I am going to have to be a (&*^%*^ and steal wo ...

How To Type A Test Question Inside A Sentance. Prostate Cancer Pt.
Jan 20, 2011

He scores 10 out of 25 points on the SHIM components of the International Index of Erectile Function, but all 10 points are for "when you attempted sexual intercourse, how often was it satisfactory to you," he gave himself 5 points there.  Otherwise, he is not able to have sexual activity. ...

Need Some Input On My Situation
Jan 27, 2010

I have had offers from several different compaines this past week and I'm not sure which way to turn.  Can anyone give me some input on AssistMed, The Transcription Docs and Ascott Transcription (ATS).Thanks! ...

Landmarkers - Has Your Situation Gotten Better?
Jan 29, 2010

Has your situation gotten better?  Do you have enough work? ...

This No Work Situation Is Getting To Me. Am I The Only
Dec 21, 2011

one out here with nothing most of the time?  I filed for partial unemployment but I really don't know what that is going to do for me yet.  I am just trying to get through the holidays and then really pound the pavement looking for something else.  Right now there are just no jobs in my area.  Thank God my husband is working but we do need my pay to make ends meet, so I'm really discouraged what has happened since being bought.  Sorry to vent, I just feel reall ...

Very Discouraged About Job Situation.
Jan 26, 2012

I have been in business for 30 years and I have never seen things this bad. I am currently out of work, after having steady work for the last 5 or 6 years. This is new for me and after applying for several companies and no response, I am very discouraged. The companies say they are bogged down with applications and not able to reply to everyone. I feel for all you out there who are out of work now. God help us all. I guess all we can do is pray for a miracle at this point. ...

Coping With NSA Situation
Aug 07, 2012

How are you all coping with this NSA crap?   Giving up Friday evenings to try to make up hours is just not always possible.  Sometimes there are too many hours to make up anyway.  Most of my PTO was used up before they decided to let us take unpaid time off.  Second jobs?  Using PTO?  I know I am not alone in this situation, how are you all handling it?   ...

Hypothetical Situation
Feb 19, 2014

Let's say for a moment you get this kind of exchange: TSM: When will be making up the time you missed from your appointment? (note, MT was lying, this was really an interview for a job that didn't pan out) MT: I won't be. To be honest, I don't really like this line of work at all, my motivations are being here are strictly financial. Your company is just a stepping stone, a crutch, until I can find something that can get me out of this dying industry. Has management ...

Can Anyone Explain The Situation When You Are OOW
Mar 05, 2014

Every week on certain days there is no work so I am having to flex flex flex PTO PTO until all used up, etc. I have read of some of you getting minimum wage due to OOW, can someone tell me how to achieve that? I am so fed up with this. I am pretty much out of PTO and don't want to use it for this anymore. I work a second job because my pay has been halved with Nuance, yet I still have to also work around the clock just to get my hours in with Nuance. I think we all know if this were a re ...

Need Suggestions About Work Situation
Jan 01, 2010

I am an IC with a small MTSO and have been working there since the end of October.  My training was a total of 30 minutes maybe.  This company has no dedicated QA.  There is no company specifics manual.  There are no clear, concise specifics for each account, just samples which it turns out are incorrect or conflicting half the time.  I have to ask questions to the office manager who is not a transcriptionist and passes information on to another MT.  She does not un ...

This Really Reminds Me Of Our Collective Situation...
Aug 25, 2010

http://despair.com/viewall.html ...

Need Help With Shuting Down A KVM Switch Situation ...
Oct 08, 2010

Yesterday I had someone fix 2 computers with a KVM switch to share the monitor and keyboard... I know someone on here has this situation too,  How do you shut if down or turn it off... I did shut one down, but then could not get to the other with tapping the button twice as I do to switch between them...   Thanks in advance for any help... ...