A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MMODAL STINKS! - mt

Posted: Sep 10, 2013

There must be a bunch of wolves in coorporate!  This place is getting worse every week! I think the TSMs too are cowardly, why don't they have a conference call and tell us what is happening. The management hides behind emails! They barely pay, and now they take away even more. They probably want all Americans to quit. Way to go coorporate America, just keep sticking it to your own people!

HMMM - anony

[ In Reply To ..]
I shudder to think what is in store for us in the future. Economy is getting worse and worse. Ah, the good old days.

Just wish there was some way to screw them, but they are too busy screwing us. Nm - Gag me

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Just when you think your attitude is as low as it can go, NOT! what next? NM - Nana

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

time for a union - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Although I am generally anti-union, they were formed originally to stop sweatshop conditions and that is just what we are at this point..Something has to give. Anyone know what it takes to start one?
Contact this organization - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
They can guide you.

http://www.aflcio.org/Learn-About-Unions/How-to-Join-or-Form-a-Union
For a union to be successful, the have to need us. - time past
[ In Reply To ..]
They have a whole army of MTs offshore. There is no way to cripple them which is what a union needs.

Agreed - Sunflower

[ In Reply To ..]
I cannot fathom why they just do not leave us alone!!!! We are the ones who make them their millions and millions of dollars. We are the ones under so much stress to comply with LPH and high, high, high quality, we NEED our PTO days just to take a breather. I feel like my brain is ready to explode.

WHY NOT TAKE AWAY THE 5 PLUS WEEKS THE TSM - AND QCs GET FOR VACATION TIME

[ In Reply To ..]
They already spend half the day on the phone instead of working! Why not lower their benefits some. The TAT bonus should be gone!

Excuse me - QC

[ In Reply To ..]
Excuse me but get your facts correct. QCs do not spend HALF their day on the phone. We spend our days correcting errors that MTs make and performing re-QA, mentoring MTs, answering MTs questions via email, phone etc. Our day is filled multitasking. Do you actually think we sit here doing NOTHING? Wake up! QCs are here trying to make their MTs shine!
Typical. Maybe feeling the heat? - NM
[ In Reply To ..]
NM
Wait a minute.. - AnoscopyRecipient
[ In Reply To ..]
I have a great deal of respect for my QCs. They are extremely helpful to me and I can only imagine the whirlwind of multitasking their day must entail. However, I also feel that if there is a need for cuts, they should be made company wide. Everyone should share the burden and perhaps that has been done but then why not tell us? It would certainly soothe some of these ruffled feathers. JMHO..if I'm allowed to even have that anymore!
qc - Ari
[ In Reply To ..]
QC- ? - all of our QC was taken away. I had no one to ask questions, have them listen for me, etc. Just me and the facility. I do wonder if the hospitals are aware they are not getting the QC they were promised

Similar Messages:

MQ STINKS
Mar 01, 2011

So here we go again, in the middle of working, and I get logged out just like probably a lot of the rest of you.   However, we STILL get our e-mails saying we should use our mouse less, not have so much idle time, blah blah blah.  We are not allowed to work hours that are not on our shift, and yet . . .  we don't have work when it IS our shift!!!!!  How about all the time we sit here with no work, how about when we lose jobs because they don't co ...

VR Stinks
Nov 26, 2012

Nothing like having a string of the worst VR out there, having to retype the entire dictation, but not get paid to type it up b/c "a few sentences did match"...a few sentences out of a 10 minute dictation each is not even a drop in the bucket.  I love working for NOTHING.  I am so sick of this company. ...

Spheris Stinks!
Nov 18, 2009

That company is in trouble, and it is a terrible place to work.  The MTs are very, very nice, but it is not a place to make a living! ...

Reasons Why VR Stinks
May 05, 2014

* - It sucks at numbers (not that numbers are important on a legal medical document or mean life and death in dosing etc.) * - It puts diagnoses on paper that weren't even said! * - It takes a phone number (emergency contact for patient) and inserts 02/08/2014 07/04/2013 04/03/2014 05/05/2013 04/02/2014 (what the ????) * - You can't make any money * - It can't recognize the difference between ASSESSMENT: AND IMPRESSION: It doesn't matter, whichever they said, it will say ...

KEYSTROKES - NEW PAY POLICY STINKS
Jul 26, 2010

401K Match Stinks. Needs To Be Improved.
Nov 19, 2013

Here is an article that talks about 401K. Mmodal's 401K plan stinks. "The most common 401(k) employer match is now dollar-for-dollar for the first 6% of income that an employee defers." Mmodal only matches 25% up to 4% which equals 1% in a lump sum which is even stingier than matching it each pay period to allow the participants to take advantage of compounding. The worst thing - We don't even know if Mmodal is going to match this year. In years past they sent out a letter res ...

It Stinks That I Won't Be Able To Recover The Document I Was Working On When The System Went Do
Oct 07, 2010

so sad... ...

POD Pilot Program In North Region Stinks
Jan 13, 2014

North region went from 4 accounts, to being tried on this POD Pilot Program and put on at least 10 more accounts, with a few having several divisions.  After 1st week, workload fell way behind, over 1400 reports by this past Friday.  Around 4 p.m. Friday, we were offered OT plus an extra $10/h for Fri, Sat & Sun, but have to work at least 3 hours OT each day.  Interestingly, not told up front, but via email AFTER THE FACT, that the OT pay might be paid on the 2/7/2014 pay, 2 m ...

Recent Change To M-Modal, Anyone Have Great Success With This VR System? I Think It Stinks.
Jan 30, 2010

I have been using this system for a couple of months now and was hoping it was going to get better, but it really has not.   Is there anyone who is have great success on this system?  Do you work on another VR system that you really like and can make $20/hr or more on? I am just wondering if it is M-Modal or the way ours is set up, or what.   By the time I pay for my insurance, computer costs, software, taxes, etc.  , there is not a lot of m ...

Anyone Using MModal
May 19, 2011

and noticing that it is really not doing a good job lately.  I've not usually had problems with it when it comes to regular English-speaking doctors, but this week it has been a mess.  It is either not putting in entire sentences or putting in off the wall stuff that sounds nothing like what is being said.  I've come to expect that with ESL, but certainly not with English as native language.  Weird.  Must be taking some time off for MT week. ...

What Is MModal?
Feb 13, 2012

What is MModal company?  General typist edit company or Medical transcription company? This question is bugging me ever since this ASR took over from us.. LOL to wrap it up..   ...

SS# And MModal
Apr 30, 2012

MModal asks for your SS# on the application process of applying for jobs there!!! Thanks to some of you, I ran ran ran from this place.  When I inquired about how uncomfortable I was with sharing my SS#...I was told to just use any number.  WHAT?!!? Then why have it there!!! Who in their right mind would give their SS# to a company that hasn't even hired them yet.  I agree with the rest of you. RUN SALLY RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN ...

MModal, WHY????
May 24, 2012

Why is MModal posting job openings, when so many of use are running out of work or worse falling into the pool--what with the pay cuts, VR being paid half even though it takes nearly as long to edit most reports, and the fact that I only get my "primary" accounts about 30% of the time and the rest of the time I am typing from the pool so that nearly every report that comes up is a new facility or dictator, I have gone from making $16 an hour to minimum wage. I cannot afford this. Why can' ...

Does MModal Pay OT? Nm
Oct 02, 2012

nm ...

Does MModal Pay For
Oct 17, 2012

nm ...

MModal 6 Cpl
Oct 23, 2012

I just saw that MModal has a tier 3 level where VR is 6 cpl.  Thinking is it worth it to move over when you top out at 4 cpl for acute care here. ...

New To Mmodal
Jan 03, 2013

Would someone mind briefly explaining how the QA penalty works for MModal? ...

Does Anyone Like MModal?
Jan 22, 2013

I see so many complaints about MModal. Does anyone actually like them? I'm in the hiring process and they are calling with an offer. I would like to try it out. I work in-house now, but eventually my position will be eliminated due to VR. I do not make that great of pay, and have lots of down time, but still have to sit in the office all day. I know that all companies have their ups and downs. My hospital being Union makes doing anything impossible and makes it easier to keep the "bad ...

What Has Mmodal Done To Me?
Apr 12, 2013

Well, I suppose any transciption job would do the same.  Before this profression, I was a good little girl who would never swear or cuss and even chastised others for doing so, but since becoming an MT (especially with MModal), with all these horrendous dictators and this buggy platform, if you listen from outside my office, you'd think someone locked a surly sailor with Tourettes in with me.  I've called dictators names that would make a construction worker blush.  I al ...

MModal ??
Jun 26, 2013

How long after being hired to get health insurance? I am currently with Nuance, my ex, who provides health insurance for our son just got laid off and lost health insurance. Our son has antiphospholipid syndrome., he is chronically on Coumadin, and he cannot go without health insurance. I cannot afford $735 a month to cover him and myself working at Nuance.  Thanks ...

Mmodal PI:
Sep 05, 2013

cupcakes, candy filled mugs and T-shirts.  They look so happy, smiling.     Mmodal US:  We get NJA, the swamp board, UE (if we are lucky).  We live on edge and with constant worry.   I really am happy for the Filipinos, because I know this probably represents a wonderful opportunity for some of them.  Time for the rest of us to move on.  Whoever's last to leave the building, please turn off the lights.   ...

Ex-MModal
Sep 16, 2013

Left MModal 18 mos. ago and have been on here encouraging everybody that there is life after MQ/MM.  This week my wonderful clinic goes live with EMR.  The trainer won't even recognize transcription.  He is just adamant that the docs will enter everything themselves and when they don't, he is pushing Dragon Medical.  So I guess I was wrong.  I really thought I found a way out, but apparently not.  It was a great year and a half though.  ...

WOW MModal Is The New UPS
Oct 16, 2013

There is one area we do plan to adjust for 2014 which we expect will impact a very small percentage of our employees. If your spouse or domestic partner works and is eligible to receive health benefits in another qualified plan in 2014, you will be subject to a $100 per month surcharge if you elect to include them in the M*Modal healthcare plan.  Keep in mind that this cost applies only to working spouses and domestic partners, not to children or other dependents ...

MMODAL SUX
Feb 11, 2014

I am so sick of Mmodal.  I resigned recently and I keep getting letters to return things that I have never ever owned or received or stuff that I had sent back to them years ago.  The DEPOT apparently is as ignorant as the rest of them. SO glad I found  real job that pays, respects and appreciates their employees.  I have only one PC to return and they sent me five boxes and a bunch of labels and stating that I have in my possession 7 different things.... OMG.. what a joke!!! ...

Mmodal BK
Mar 08, 2014

There's no mention of the bankruptcy on their facebook page. I have an idea. Why don't we all head on over to there and write something. From what I've seen no one either knows about it or have their heads in the sand. I would be tickled to see that. ...

For All Of You Who Want To Sue Mmodal
Apr 06, 2014

can you specify exactly what laws they have broken?  Yes, we are all unhappy here, but I cannot see that they have done anything they cannot do legally. The last judgment against them was for witholding pay.  I think they are too smart to break laws again. What do you expect to gain anyway by suing a company that has filed bankruptcy, which is always a very smart business move to make if you can get away with it. ...

Only At MModal
Apr 08, 2014

Only at MModal would you get an audit report back from March with a score of 99.67 and feel like a total failure.  Also told I must contact QC for a mandatory review.     ...

Does MModal's
Jun 17, 2014

Fluency work with Windows 8 yet? ...

BOO MModal
Dec 15, 2014

I refused to work OT last week, gave them my reasons.  I think we should all let them know how we feel rather than just venting on here!  I know everyone will think this is a waste of time, but JUST DO IT!  Email either Shaw or our new CEO, tell them how we feel.  They cut our PTO, increased our insurance premiums, no rate increases ever yet they expect us to jump through hoops to get the backlog down.  For who???  Certainly doesn't benefit us, but gives them a ...

MModal ASR
Jan 11, 2015

into mushy gibberish today.  Bah! ...