A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MQ STINKS - vamt

Posted: Mar 01, 2011

So here we go again, in the middle of working, and I get logged out just like probably a lot of the rest of you.   However, we STILL get our e-mails saying we should use our mouse less, not have so much idle time, blah blah blah.  We are not allowed to work hours that are not on our shift, and yet . . .  we don't have work when it IS our shift!!!!!  How about all the time we sit here with no work, how about when we lose jobs because they don't come back to us fast enough to recovery after we get logged out?  It's always our fault, not theirs.  It's okay for us to waste work time sending in those stupid tickets and waiting for the system to come back us, and yet they'll see that as us wasting time. 

cant even shoot off an email.. is your email broke too - ugh

[ In Reply To ..]
??

Yep. nm - mqmt

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I agree 100% - MQMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I totally agree with you. I didn't even bother to send in a ticket or call anyone. The last time this happened I was told it was my ISP.

honey the techs are outsourced too- it is never MQ fault - NJA Queen

[ In Reply To ..]
I didn't bother either with a ticket. No use. The outsourced techs always find some way to blame me- my virus protection, my internet provider, my modem, my router, my computer-- MQ does not want to pay downtime so the easiest route is to blame the MT and never admit MQ fault. Too bad for them we have this board and we know we are in the right. Thank goodness the downtime didn't last so long this time. Hopefully nobody lost too much work. I know somebody got some good lines off of my report that got lost.

Those mouse click statistic emails infuriate me to the point I'd - like to quit.

[ In Reply To ..]
x

why pay attention - shelley

[ In Reply To ..]
Why do you pay them any attention? Just ignore them if they bother you. You don't get paid more for fewer mouse clicks - so really (unless you are trying to improve on any of these areas and just want the information) who cares?

Forget the mouse clicks - I do not think it is humanly possible to make a decent wage - on MQ ASR. sm

[ In Reply To ..]
We MIGHT make above minimum wage with ASR if we just formatted the document with no listening which means no corrections. I'm getting more heavy handed with the F11 as I am to tired of working for free and I suspect I'll hear about that. The accounts I'm on get so much for free (ie out of my pocket!) in the way of many many cc's with every document, never mind the free work they are getting for the ADT. I truly wonder if MQ bills the client for header lines (translation - ADT). They might try to claim ADT saves time as it enters the patient info, but I had to spend the time searching for the patient as rarely does it come to me filled in, but it does have an MR # (if it was entered correctly).

Amen! - Adios

[ In Reply To ..]
I actually paid attention at first, and I see no way to use this as a tool for increasing productivity the way it is set up. I also have tried everything to get ASR to supposedly improve productivity. There is so much waste, I don't think a couple handy hints are going to make a difference. ADT is a joke, as far as not getting credit. Takes too long the way it is set up. Rules on consults are just insulting on 2 extra headers to be pulled in that are a waste. So many things to correct on reports, no way to do it quickly.

ASR is the straw that broke this camel's back. I pray every day for another opportunity outside of MT/ME to come along.

My spirit has been broken.

agree! - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

that was my final straw - MTnorth

[ In Reply To ..]
Most of the rest of the "changes" I was able to roll with. But, after being able to produce 300+ lph doing 95% ASR (with 99% audit scores), a criticism of my mouse vs keyboard vs "idle" time by someone who does not even know how to spell did me in. I am still struggling at my new job to inch my income back up to my MQ equivelant, BUT I get to work days and they appreciate my computer skills, not denegrate them.

How do you do that many lph? - I need help!

[ In Reply To ..]
Do you have a great account? These are stats I sent to my CCM about my experience with ASR. These were the first 3 jobs in my shift and are typical of my day. I get 98% ASR. I counted the number of times I had to move the cursor to a new spot to either correct or punctuate, with the majority of the movements the result of correcting incorrect output. A 3 minute job - 50. A 6 minute job - 95. A 2 minute job - 22. I've tried cursor tracking, but it never stops in the right spot, so I have to either mouse or use a keyboard shortcut.

Thanks to all for any help you can give me. I normally can only produce 100 lph on ASR.
I rarely use the mouse - MTnorth
[ In Reply To ..]
The keyboard shortcuts to move around are the same as MS Word, so I have always used them. Teach yourself these and you will increase your speed. I used the highlighter, followed along the text listening to the audio, and used only the keyboard to move around. I also ran spell check first to nuke out duplicate words and scanned and deleted s p e l l e d out words, then typed in what was actually said as I went along.

When I started at my new job, I still did about 80% SR and the keyboard shortcuts were the same on a different platform. Now I am on 100% transcription and I actually miss doing SR a bit.
I tried no mousing yesterday. No gain in - dnr
[ In Reply To ..]
my count :( In fact, slightly less. I'll give it a few more days. I really had high hopes - but then I checked my count from yesterday. Plus, the ASR was better yesterday.

where did u get a job? - I need one 2

[ In Reply To ..]
tired too.

Similar Messages:

VR Stinks
Nov 26, 2012

Nothing like having a string of the worst VR out there, having to retype the entire dictation, but not get paid to type it up b/c "a few sentences did match"...a few sentences out of a 10 minute dictation each is not even a drop in the bucket.  I love working for NOTHING.  I am so sick of this company. ...

Spheris Stinks!
Nov 18, 2009

That company is in trouble, and it is a terrible place to work.  The MTs are very, very nice, but it is not a place to make a living! ...

MMODAL STINKS!
Sep 10, 2013

There must be a bunch of wolves in coorporate!  This place is getting worse every week! I think the TSMs too are cowardly, why don't they have a conference call and tell us what is happening. The management hides behind emails! They barely pay, and now they take away even more. They probably want all Americans to quit. Way to go coorporate America, just keep sticking it to your own people! ...

Reasons Why VR Stinks
May 05, 2014

* - It sucks at numbers (not that numbers are important on a legal medical document or mean life and death in dosing etc.) * - It puts diagnoses on paper that weren't even said! * - It takes a phone number (emergency contact for patient) and inserts 02/08/2014 07/04/2013 04/03/2014 05/05/2013 04/02/2014 (what the ????) * - You can't make any money * - It can't recognize the difference between ASSESSMENT: AND IMPRESSION: It doesn't matter, whichever they said, it will say ...

KEYSTROKES - NEW PAY POLICY STINKS
Jul 26, 2010

401K Match Stinks. Needs To Be Improved.
Nov 19, 2013

Here is an article that talks about 401K. Mmodal's 401K plan stinks. "The most common 401(k) employer match is now dollar-for-dollar for the first 6% of income that an employee defers." Mmodal only matches 25% up to 4% which equals 1% in a lump sum which is even stingier than matching it each pay period to allow the participants to take advantage of compounding. The worst thing - We don't even know if Mmodal is going to match this year. In years past they sent out a letter res ...

It Stinks That I Won't Be Able To Recover The Document I Was Working On When The System Went Do
Oct 07, 2010

so sad... ...

POD Pilot Program In North Region Stinks
Jan 13, 2014

North region went from 4 accounts, to being tried on this POD Pilot Program and put on at least 10 more accounts, with a few having several divisions.  After 1st week, workload fell way behind, over 1400 reports by this past Friday.  Around 4 p.m. Friday, we were offered OT plus an extra $10/h for Fri, Sat & Sun, but have to work at least 3 hours OT each day.  Interestingly, not told up front, but via email AFTER THE FACT, that the OT pay might be paid on the 2/7/2014 pay, 2 m ...

Recent Change To M-Modal, Anyone Have Great Success With This VR System? I Think It Stinks.
Jan 30, 2010

I have been using this system for a couple of months now and was hoping it was going to get better, but it really has not.   Is there anyone who is have great success on this system?  Do you work on another VR system that you really like and can make $20/hr or more on? I am just wondering if it is M-Modal or the way ours is set up, or what.   By the time I pay for my insurance, computer costs, software, taxes, etc.  , there is not a lot of m ...