A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

KEYSTROKES - NEW PAY POLICY STINKS - I now understand why all the good people are leavi

Posted: Jul 26, 2010

Frown

Good way to dispose of some of the old-timers making higher line rate than newcomers! - None

[ In Reply To ..]
XX

Pay - Guest

[ In Reply To ..]
The way I understood it was your pay won't change as long as you are producing 12,000 lines. This only stinks if you are part-time.

it stinks is you are on the Texas account! - OR some of the Meditech.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
I am, and they won't give me anything else - tired
[ In Reply To ..]
I even asked for a 2nd account, and they said none were available.
i have asked for a s second as well - this is what i was offered
[ In Reply To ..]
a heavily ESl account.
yEA...... RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT
with this new pay system? I DONT THINK SO.
i already struggle to make 150 LPH on the ESL I do now...

No MT should be paid 6 cpl - I don't care how much or little you type. That is pure robbery - Soon 2B ex-KSer

[ In Reply To ..]
by KS. They are going to lose a lot of good MTs over this stunt. I'm sure management didn't have to take a cut in their pay. I work for KS and received an email several months ago from Lee on how well the company was doing despite the recession we were in. She bragged about how they were signing new accounts every day and hiring MTs at record pace...now this punch in the stomach??
I agree. I never thought I would see KS stoop to this level. - Greed is the ruler of MTSO
[ In Reply To ..]
I wonder how long it has been since the ones making the rules have had to try to type 1200 lines a day. I would challenge them to try to do it for an entire pay period - they could not (and would not) do it. 1000 lines a day would be 60.00 a day. 7.50 an hour - for all that knowledge and experience. I predict a mass exit.
Mass exit and they SHOULD. $60/day all that knowledge - .
[ In Reply To ..]
Medquist lost a contract to KS, they are not hurting for accounts. Their ad fairly recently asking for 50 MTs.
What a shame, another MQ sounds like.
The only employees at 6cpl are those under 2000 lines over 2 weeks. sm - KS MT
[ In Reply To ..]
If you are doing 1000 lines a day, you keep your current rate.
do the math that's not true - if you do 1200 a day
[ In Reply To ..]
ASK the rest of us how easy it is when there is no work to get 1200 lines a day
Thats why I read the MQ Board every day, the minute -sm - Helena Handbasket
[ In Reply To ..]
I turn on my PC each day. Every time MQ pulls some new stunt to cheat their MTs, my company is pulling the same trick the very next month. All these companies patterning their transcription platforms and business ethics after MQ make me SICK.
Anyone who has to suffer 6 cpl should leave NOW. - observer nm
[ In Reply To ..]
How dare they go down this low. They realize they are setting a new precedent, don't they?

Lee, while you're flying around the country gambling, think about your people back home typing their fingers to the bone for 6 cpl.
This is a wonderful post - I agree. We can't even afford gas for the car! - No frequent flyer miles!
[ In Reply To ..]
NM
Better make sure up to min.wage - mtmom
[ In Reply To ..]
This companies better be careful. Part-time or full-time, by law they still have to make sure you are making minimum wage, otherwise they have to make up the difference. I asked my labor attorney about this because my company was not covering it initially. Now my company has a new system for putting in our hours. It lets them know if we aren't making minimum and they have to pay the difference. But, still sad that with the skills and knowledge we have, we could be making more at McDonald's.
that is what i said earlier... is management taking a pay cut - as well and ANOTHER THING...
[ In Reply To ..]
This is just the tip of the iceburg on what someone said below... what is the difference between part time and full time? 6 cents a line regardless is just hideous, especially with 10, 15, 20 years experience. id like to be full time but when WORK DRIES UP guess what? i cant produce as many lines as they are requiring but if there was enough work i could! you know? this is EXACTLY why i never wanted to work for an MTSO and before i started i heard all sorts of good things. this is such a slap in the face and they first start their little letter stating their clients have been coming to them.. to ask for the same work at a lesser price??? THIS is the biggest shame of them all. I am an Mt that believes we are indispensible and the fact that they are getting the same quality, the same TAT 2 4 or 6 hours for a lesser amount from those of us skilled to listen to marble mouth doctors, thick ESl doctors, look up words, doctor's names, hospitals, drugs..

THIS IS A DISGRACE to the industry not just Keystrokes, although i was hoping they were above what everyone else seems to complain about on this company board ... just not the case and that's too bad.
Veru well said. I agree. NM - DJ
[ In Reply To ..]
Response - CMT-er
[ In Reply To ..]
Guess what - MT's ARE dispensable!!! The industry is constantly changing, and we need to grow with that change, or go into a different occupation.
need to grow with the change - of taking pay cuts
[ In Reply To ..]
Are you serious? We are not talking about learning new BOS standards or learning new software, we are talking about PAY CUTS. So if that makes us dispensable in YOUR Eyes, so be it.
It is this kind of attitude that has us working for peanuts - Go with the changes - spoken like a true MTSO!
[ In Reply To ..]
Go away. You are the cause of the slave wages in this industry now. YOU go away and leave MTing to the MTs.
I can't believe that anyone would work that little - KSCB
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't understand why anyone would work and only do 2000 lines a pay period, regardless of the rate. To me, why bother for that little bit of money. However, I agree, 6 cents sucks.
I'll tell you why....sm - KeystrokesMT
[ In Reply To ..]
Because some of us are not young anymore and work very dfficult accounts. It is all we can do to work 4 hous a day because of our physical limitations. Get over yourself.

In my heydey when I was 30 years old or so I could work 10-12 hours a day and make tons, not anymore.....
Wow, get over yourself! - KSCB
[ In Reply To ..]
So, if you work 4 hours a day, 10 days out of the pay period, thats 40 hours, so you average 23 lines an hour?? I think it may be time to move on. Even at 8 cents an hour, that's $1.84 an hour.

It was a legit question. No need to be so rude!
I Think her point was you came off - with attitude
[ In Reply To ..]
asking "WHY" would ANYONE work that little?

well many many reasons! Medical reasons, TIME reasons (maybe it's a second or third job)...

It wasn't REALLY a legit question if you understood the MT world...

But now maybe you are starting to, but regardless if they are hiring people to work that little... maybe they SHOULDNT and give some more work to those of us that need it. Bottom line is to me, however, nobody deserves that little of pay.
Attitude - KSCB
[ In Reply To ..]
I have been an MT for almost 20 years, and I understand the MT world, just a little bit, lol.

However, again, I still don't understand why someone would work so little, and if the original poster is working 4 hours a day and only getting 2000 lines a pay period, I REALLY don't understand it!

I agree, noone deserves that low pay, however, from an employer standpoint, it is more expensive to have an employee that works less hour than more hours. Federal and state unemployment are usually paid on the first $8000 or so of annual income, so once an employee caps that, the employer doesn't have to pay that anymore. Also, there is a cost to direct deposit (sometimes as much a $1 per paycheck). It makes sense for a company to want people to work more hours as opposed to less. A lot of MTSOs want 6000 lines for 2 weeks to be considered part-time.

Anyway, there is no reason for people to be so nasty to each other.
Pay no attention to the peanut gallery - Oldtimer
[ In Reply To ..]
They have nothing better to do but complain and moan. Maybe if they worked instead of spending all their time here, they would make more than $2.00 an hour.

I will be glad if they all really do leave Keystrokes - more work for the rest of us!
how dare you - you dont know me
[ In Reply To ..]
and IM not the original poster
but you have NO IDEA what kind of work we getguess what IT'S NOT MY SCHEDULED TIME TO WORK, that's why I am on here!

talk about attitude, I can't believe some people. I agree with the above poster that that people don't need to be nasty, but for you to act like the people that complain just don't work enough is ridiculous and your only defense against what REALLY happens to some people?

just by saying that you HOPE people leave shows what kind of person you are! IF people leave it's because they know they are worth more and deserve more. I NEED MORE WORK as well, but not at the expense of others... and I wasn't the one making $2.00 an hour, I make A LOT an hour, I just don't GET HOURS IN.

wow I can't believe the state of some people's minds and how you dare to judge someone when you know nothing about what they do, how much or how HARD they work.

The old-times making higher line rate that are FT are not affected by the changes. - Re-read the notice

[ In Reply To ..]
This only applies to part time MT's. Most of us that make the most money and have been there the longest do not have changes as we are full time and have been.

EVERYONE is affected. If you do not do 12,000 lines a pay period - you drop a tier. sm - Think again!

[ In Reply To ..]
You must make 12,000 lines a pay period - no exceptions. If you have bad dictators, low volume, a cut finger, or a bad day that takes you below the 12,000 lines for the pay period, you will drop to the next tier. Also, how about the accounts that are not able to count their own lines every day - have them sent by a manager? There is no way to know how you are doing. It affects anyone who types - old or new.
I do over 20,000 lines a pay period so no change for me. I need to do that to make my bills. - Another KS MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I have always done that, not just at Keystrokes. If you read the letter again, they are figuring in days like illness and days off. I verified it with the office and those types of days will not count against you.
I don't believe you. I think this is management. nm - Try typing on the Texas account.
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
i already asked what kind of account down below - no reply
[ In Reply To ..]
i mean we are required 24000 a MONTH for full time and you are saying you do almost that much in 2 weeks? of straight typing?? how many hours do you work a day? you must have AMAZING dictators, lots of normals and expanders and NEVER run out of work, lets get serious here...
I do it too - KSCB
[ In Reply To ..]
I average between 20,000-24,000 lines a pay period. A few months ago, I was lucky to get 8000 lines. I kept whining and bugging my supervisor until she found me more work. I work about 8 hours a day. I use my expander like crazy. One account is a clinic that never says the same thing twice, the other is a hospital with horrible ESLs. I work hard and I resent being called a liar because of it.

I agree that this paycut thing stinks, and complaining on this board isn't gonna get anyone anywhere. Complaints need to be made to those in charge and if that doesn't work, by walking out.

Now, I have to get back to work becuase I have 75 jobs in my queue!
im sorry, you get 75 jobs in your queue at one time - what is that all about
[ In Reply To ..]
or 75 jobs on the system?
do you also use chartnet?
My jobs are assigned - KSCB
[ In Reply To ..]
On one account, I do work for 2 doctors. When they dictate, either I drag them into my queue or the boss does.

My other account is a c-phone and it is just 2 of us that work on it.
Texas account - Happy KS MT
[ In Reply To ..]
They are going to "weight" this account and a few others. I am OK with this now that they are saying that as it will not change my pay. I have been happy at Keystrokes and was upset but now am OK.
what does that mean - weight the account
[ In Reply To ..]
and you are happy now cause it doesn't affect you, what about all your fellow mTs, you think it's still okay for theM?

BS
Yes, I am OK with this. When I worked for a local hospital, if the census was low, part time employ - Happy KS MT
[ In Reply To ..]
The FT employees always had priority for hours and shifts. If my fellow MTs are full time, they are not taking a cut. In fact, some of the part time MTs are already at the 8 cpl, so they are not taking a cut. If someone is very part time, the hospitals called this PRN and they were always paid less and only worked when others were off.

This is no different than that.

If you don't have enough work, this might be a good opportunity to talk to your lead, or go above her if you need to. If part-time employees leave, there will be more work for the rest of us.
I believe KS MT is the owner. She knows too much not to be. - Stop pretending to be one of us. You are not.
[ In Reply To ..]
nothing!
I beg to differ - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
As an in-house employee, our true PRN are considered per diem and actually make more hourly than either our full-time or part-time people.
Absolutely. PRNs make more at our hospital, too. It's supposed - to make up for no benefits. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Disgusting - So you are saying it is ok to do this to PT MTs?
[ In Reply To ..]
How do you figure? Is their work less valuable? Do you tell the client whether the MT is part time or full time or do you just pocket the tidy little profit all for your little self?

It's just corporate greed at its worst. Don't try to sugar coat it.
So, now the executives feel it is not "no exceptions" since everyone is upset. Why not be - MadMT
[ In Reply To ..]
NM
Same here - Keystroker
[ In Reply To ..]
I also do well over 20,000 lines a pay period because I need to in order to pay my bills. However, I am very lucky in that I have a fairly easy account that has pretty steady work.
um i need to do 20000 lines to pay my bills too - but i cant get anywhere near that
[ In Reply To ..]
why dont you people that CAN make this amount realize that there are so many of us that aren't given the opportunity. if i could work 8 hours a day with STEADY work as you like to call it, id make that too...
lets get a grip for everyone else that doesn't have it as good as you guys
RIGHT. She was stupid to post that since she has an easy account - AND WE HAVE TRASH
[ In Reply To ..]
NO MESSAGE
Another KS MT and Keystroker appear to be the same person. - n/m
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

YOU re-read the notice.. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Copied directly from the emai: There are no other exceptions to this, regardless of situation or length of time with Keystrokes.
WHATEVER THEY SAY NOW - GET IT IN WRITING - I believe nothing KS says
[ In Reply To ..]
How come people can post here saying they now are going to weigh accounts but that has not been told to everyone. It has to be coming from management - and they are watching this board for reaction. Well, how about this reaction - We are mad, we don't trust you, we think you are dishonest and greedy Keystrokes.
Heres a reaction for them: I think all MTs should - STRIKE. Call in "sick" for a week. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I'm dying to know - what is it?! Please! - Just summarize! nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I'm not sure what the new policy is (don't work there), but - wannie

[ In Reply To ..]
from what I've read, it sounds like their going to a tiered pay system. I work for a company that does that and it really, really stinks. You miss a day for any reason and it could possibly knock you down a notch or so. Have really low volumes (like holidays) and it really is bad. I really feel for you guys if this is what has happened.

it is exactly what happened - what a joke

[ In Reply To ..]
and here they were one of the top companies i thought...
it really shouldn't matter how many lines you produce. it's just a shame.

I'll be leaving ASAP - MM

[ In Reply To ..]
I've had all I can take of this company. And I'm a so-called "high" producer. They make a lot of $$$ off of their MT's but don't treat very well at all. NO raises, very little PTO and virtually no communcation except when you do something wrong.

i'm right behind you - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

As soon as I can, I'm gone - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

So am I .. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

supposedly they are one of the better ones - nmradmt

[ In Reply To ..]
Never hear anything positive from them anymore. Anymore it is take, take, take. What I would like to know is now they have a designated employee to verify our logs, is this another new hire? They are cutting our pay, increasing our production requirements and creating another paycheck to write. Who is this one related to? This is how things seem to be going at the office, all family hires. We know who is making the money now don't we?

family hires? - something i must have overlooked

[ In Reply To ..]
haven't been with them too long but what is this Log thing all about anyways???

I work on chartnet and doesn't it COUNT our lines itself? um yea. i dont do it manually. why do i have to take MORE TIME out of my day to do a log.. of what??? what for??

chartnet is SOOOOO friggen slow anyways, talk about trying to get line counts up now that the new tiered system is taking effect. OMG. what next!
logs - nmradmt
[ In Reply To ..]
not all accounts have a computerized counter. Some of us have to keep logs as to the work we do, and you are right, we have to take time out of our work time to keep these logs up. I have to keep one for both of my accounts.
oh i have to keep one now - but WHY
[ In Reply To ..]
starting aug 1 ... is there a reason behind this? cover our butts i assume but geez. what else can happen to lower our line counts...

I think there are 5-6 family members working. Wonder if they are all taking - cuts in pay and benefits...NM

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

If you are a high producer, your rate doesn't change. - KS MT

[ In Reply To ..]
As stated above, this only affects those that are very part time.

Days off are figured into the numbers. Re-read the email. It does not change anything for those of us that are full time or even those that are part time, only those that work very little.

work very little - are you kidding me

[ In Reply To ..]
this should be an outrage to anyone REGARDLESS if you happen to be lucky enough to not be affected.

I should be high producing if they didnt have 12 people on my same account. i dont get anywhere near the amount of work i should so dont act like it's up to us to start producing more.
you should feel a little more sorry for those on shift differentials that were scheduled that way and then dont have the work .... SERIOUSLY but i guess it's all about you cause YOU can make your counts so its all good right

HELLO - if you are not a high producer - there may be a REASON - - Bad account, low volume, ESL, bad platform...nm

[ In Reply To ..]
You are trying to make it sound like everything is equal across the board. Truth is some people have good accounts, good platforms, no QA, and some people just don't have those luxuries. They have trash, high ESL, bad platforms, slow connections, no work. Stop making it sound like they are lazy or not working.
thank you - cause you are so right
[ In Reply To ..]
some people cant see past the end of their noses though.

Oh, REALLY!? How does one "produce" when the - work isnt always there? Or when the accounts - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
are so flippin' lousy, it can take an hour to decipher a 5-minute dictation that's nearly unintelligible? Or how about the times the software is on the fritz?

If they want "high producers", tell them to get back to us when they make some long-overdue repairs at THEIR end, for change.

12,000 lines per pay period? wet dreams....

Very Tired - NoWayOut

[ In Reply To ..]
To be honest, I feel like the education I undertook to get into this career was a waste of my time. I've seen this industry do nothing but go downhill with very little concern for those in practice. As if it is not bad enough there is no such thing as a "raise," every time I turn around there is talk of someway to cut what little pay we do make. What is expected of us is loyalty, dedication, "quality" work, long hours to make a decent income, and gratitude that we are even employed, but what do we get in return... Don't know how to handle this latest news because I really haven't seen much difference anywhere else.

I totally agree - nmradmt

[ In Reply To ..]
I was sooo pissed off when I read the email this morning. Makes me even happier that Friday is my last day with this company. My accounts have been slow for the past, how are you supposed to make count with no work. I feel bad for the others left there.

Was recently hired, but...... - no thanks

[ In Reply To ..]
I was hired by KS recently, but HR never got back to me as far as a start date. Says alot about a company when they screw up in the hiring process - guess they did me a favor after hearing this.

Keystrokes - Sparky

[ In Reply To ..]
It stinks! I always defended them, but this low. I never got pay differential for working nights. Many nights there has been no work so I lost PTO time because of. Now this. I'm worth more than 6 cents a line.

im sorry i TOTALLY agree - my bf makes more on unemployment

[ In Reply To ..]
THAT'S how bad this is... he makes more than i do not working at all... VERY MESSED UP SYSTEM

i thought there was a shift differential just as there should be for their 2 hour TATs etc.

im pretty sure i can keep it at 7 cents but that is still way below what i know im worth. im feeling so sorry for myself right about now i need to snap out of it and look elsewhere...

this industry has gone so downhill. who takes pay cuts all the time??? maybe not raises
but 4 years ago I was making 12 cents a line. 2 years ago i was making 10 cents a line. a few months ago knocked down to 9 cents... now im gonna be at 8 cents or below?? HORRIBLE.

Im LOOKING FORWARD to getting fired and being - on unemployment, because then I will - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
have the time, and the proper frame of mind, to start doing what I do best: WRITING. A novel? No. Letters and news story query letters to absolutely everyone and anyone I can think of. One way or another, once my time is freed up by unemployment, I plan to BLOW THE WHISTLE big-time.

Maybe we all should start thinking about blowing the whistle. The more people that write in complaint about this travesty, ESPECIALLY those whose letters or stories get PUBLISHED, the louder that whistle will be.

And what better time to do it? When the economy is still getting worse, more and more people out of work, the Pres. has extended unemployment benefits time, and all these companies who got money thrown at them by the Gov. have NOT been hiring. States, counties and cities are bankrupt. Maybe if they improved their tax-base by bringing ALL WORK back from offshore, (not just MT!) things would start to improve. Whenever the subject of unemployment is mentioned in the news, ever notice not ONE WORD is ever spoken about offshoring American jobs? Maybe it's time for us to give them a clue.

Keystroke and tiered pay scale - jinx12

[ In Reply To ..]
Keystrokes considered the tiered pay scale but did not adopt it. They pay the same as they did.

Re: Keystrokes new pay policy stinks - kjh

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree with the posts that have been made below and couldn't have said things better myself. I have been hoping things will get better for some time but now I just don't know. We shall see what happens and how many MTs do indeed leave the company because of this issue. What I really don't understand is how we, the MTs, are supposed to pay for things that are honestly not our fault and totally beyond our control (ie, lack of work, system down time, upgrades, etc.).

I clarified with the office. Things beyond our control, days off, system down, illness, etc. - Another KS MT

[ In Reply To ..]
They are going to send clarification on that to make sure that everyone is clear.

Lies. I'm leaving anyway - not for me anymore

[ In Reply To ..]
x

LOL - Do you think we're all stupid! - YOU ARE THE OFFICE!!!

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

They have already let the proverbial cat out of the bag - Save the damage control it is too late!

[ In Reply To ..]
Do you really think we are that stupid? Making the MTs pay for YOUR administrative costs is a new low in this business.

More money for her to put in the slots - gambling is addictive

[ In Reply To ..]
All the money you are losing is going into slot machines all over the country. Trust that.

Anyone get the e-mail about weighting the lines? - tired

[ In Reply To ..]
I did...Those of us with the Texas account apparently need to get in 9600 lines instead of the 12,000....still not sure how to feel about this.

i didn't get the e-mail and I work on Texas acct - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Seems like a temporary bandaid to stop the immediate bleeding. - Confused

[ In Reply To ..]
How about all the other people who work hard on different accounts but will not be able to get 12,000 lines for various reasons. Here is a scenario. You work like a dog for a payperiod. The doctors are given suspension letters and a few of the duds come out of dictation retirement, flood the system, and that is what you get for 2 days. You do not get the required line count, through no fault of your own. As hard as it is to even get a phone call returned, there is no reason to believe that KS will weigh each and every situation when the initial email said there would be no exceptions - period. That is what it will be - no exceptions, period. I am so tired of all this double-dealing junk! Time to just fine a 9-5 job, do the work, go home, and save the headaches of modern MT.
So utterly true. A couple of days of horrible dictator sm - yes!
[ In Reply To ..]
hell and there goes your tier. This is what upsets me so much.
One word: STRIKE! - NM
[ In Reply To ..]
XX

what is special about the texas account - why is there a difference

[ In Reply To ..]
does anyone know why ya'll would receive different treatment? is Texas exceptionally hard?
Extremely difficult account... - Another One of the Masses
[ In Reply To ..]
The "Texas" account has been known to actually bring seasoned MTs to tears...
on Texas account - Yes it is-sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Texas account is difficult, very detailed specs, some special demos even though no pay for demos but a write up if error. You will usually put in more than 40 to meet 1200 a day line requirement. I have never gotten OT. And paying lines and a half for OT for employees is not OT. LEGALLY, OT is time and a half over 40 of our base hourly average PLUS lines and a half since we are on production. Also, since when did they start the requirement of 1000 lines for FT to earn incentive when they need help on weekend if you are FT. If regular M-F FT, anything over that should be OT. WHY the heck would we have to get 1000 lines first if I want to "help" them stay in TAT and make extra money. ILLEGAL!! They are treating us like ICs when it comes to pay and like employees for PTO, etc. And if the weighted lines stick which I only think, like someone else said on here, that that wis a band-aid fix to prevent a mass exodus off the Texas account which is their bread and butter, then why do 12000 lines at all? Those "MTs" getting 20000 lines must not be on Texas account because it takes about 50 hours a week for me to go over 1200 and I have a ton of of expander stuff, etc. I do ALL worktypes on that account but the odd thing is when there are a ton of progress notes I never get them. That's where the $$ is. Even if that's all that's in queue,I get the crap stuff and I can see in DQS where the PNs are going down. The pain on this account is all the darn discharges!! Those should be separated out anyway but they lump it all together-one big pile of crap. That's my rant for the day and I feel a little better--but not really. When a certain favorite person left suddenly, I started looking elsewhere, so glad I did
Seasoned MT that struggles on Texas - FellowKSMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I know exactly what you mean. It always seemed like when I started getting my line count up, they would come out with an email warning about this or that and I would worry about my quality again, which I know is pretty good. Then all of a sudden, I started getting the clinics, which I hadn't done on this account before. There goes my line count again, trying to learn the new doctors. That's funny in itself considering we can type for a "new to me" doctor every day at least once... And you are right that it can bring a seasoned MT tears. There are days where I just get soooo frustrated, I am surprised I am not bald yet! LOL
I am opposite though...I don't want the PNs. Give me the discharge summaries! That way if there is something that the doctor wants to mumble through, there are old reports to look at and figure it out!
Not sure why they would want to screw the Texas MTs. Who are they going to get to replace them if they left??
I am just glad to read I am not the only one on this account that struggles for a line count! Its certainly a challenge...and not always a good one. Glad KS sees that!
what is DQS - sorry not familiar with that account
[ In Reply To ..]
and did a certain favorite person you mention happen to be an account facilitator ?
docuscribe and the first person that left earlier last month sm - disillusioned KSr
[ In Reply To ..]
The one who kept us all up to date on the numbers for Texas account, sent out expander ideas, etc, and often made us smile with her E-mails.

Keystrokes and home transcription in general - SusieQ

[ In Reply To ..]
I feel sorry for all of you that work at KS or at home. This profession is getting PATHETIC!! I am sorry to say that, but it is the gospel truth. I am so glad I got out of the home and got a job in-house with benefits, PTO, health insurance, etc. and be a part-timer. A load was lifted off my shoulders. What a relief. I know I could lose my job at any time like anyone else, but it was the best move I made. No annoying phone calls, emails and the like. I am free...free at last. You all need to think long and hard about staying because from the looks of these posts it has not gotten any better by any means, only worse.

Time to move over to a better paying company! - Kathyduck

[ In Reply To ..]
I used to work at Keystrokes and I was not very happy there. I moved over to Focus Infomatics and I have to say the benefits are great and there is always work. In fact, I'm always asked to work extra. They have have a lot of new BIG accts from what I heard. I'm a happy camper over at Focus. Don't read all the negative, try it and see for yourself. And I'm NOT management.

Similar Messages:

Keystrokes Change In Payroll Policy
Feb 11, 2011

I simply do not understand why Keystrokes employees  were not informed of changes in  issuing pay.    Pay was usually the last day of the week if the 1st or 15th was on a weekend.   I am sure there was a very good reason for the change.  However, I think it was inexcusable not to inform people.  The checks that would have been issued on December 31, 2010, were issued on January 3, 2010.   January 15, 2011, changed to Janu ...

MQ STINKS
Mar 01, 2011

So here we go again, in the middle of working, and I get logged out just like probably a lot of the rest of you.   However, we STILL get our e-mails saying we should use our mouse less, not have so much idle time, blah blah blah.  We are not allowed to work hours that are not on our shift, and yet . . .  we don't have work when it IS our shift!!!!!  How about all the time we sit here with no work, how about when we lose jobs because they don't co ...

VR Stinks
Nov 26, 2012

Nothing like having a string of the worst VR out there, having to retype the entire dictation, but not get paid to type it up b/c "a few sentences did match"...a few sentences out of a 10 minute dictation each is not even a drop in the bucket.  I love working for NOTHING.  I am so sick of this company. ...

Spheris Stinks!
Nov 18, 2009

That company is in trouble, and it is a terrible place to work.  The MTs are very, very nice, but it is not a place to make a living! ...

MMODAL STINKS!
Sep 10, 2013

There must be a bunch of wolves in coorporate!  This place is getting worse every week! I think the TSMs too are cowardly, why don't they have a conference call and tell us what is happening. The management hides behind emails! They barely pay, and now they take away even more. They probably want all Americans to quit. Way to go coorporate America, just keep sticking it to your own people! ...

Reasons Why VR Stinks
May 05, 2014

* - It sucks at numbers (not that numbers are important on a legal medical document or mean life and death in dosing etc.) * - It puts diagnoses on paper that weren't even said! * - It takes a phone number (emergency contact for patient) and inserts 02/08/2014 07/04/2013 04/03/2014 05/05/2013 04/02/2014 (what the ????) * - You can't make any money * - It can't recognize the difference between ASSESSMENT: AND IMPRESSION: It doesn't matter, whichever they said, it will say ...

401K Match Stinks. Needs To Be Improved.
Nov 19, 2013

Here is an article that talks about 401K. Mmodal's 401K plan stinks. "The most common 401(k) employer match is now dollar-for-dollar for the first 6% of income that an employee defers." Mmodal only matches 25% up to 4% which equals 1% in a lump sum which is even stingier than matching it each pay period to allow the participants to take advantage of compounding. The worst thing - We don't even know if Mmodal is going to match this year. In years past they sent out a letter res ...

It Stinks That I Won't Be Able To Recover The Document I Was Working On When The System Went Do
Oct 07, 2010

so sad... ...

POD Pilot Program In North Region Stinks
Jan 13, 2014

North region went from 4 accounts, to being tried on this POD Pilot Program and put on at least 10 more accounts, with a few having several divisions.  After 1st week, workload fell way behind, over 1400 reports by this past Friday.  Around 4 p.m. Friday, we were offered OT plus an extra $10/h for Fri, Sat & Sun, but have to work at least 3 hours OT each day.  Interestingly, not told up front, but via email AFTER THE FACT, that the OT pay might be paid on the 2/7/2014 pay, 2 m ...

Recent Change To M-Modal, Anyone Have Great Success With This VR System? I Think It Stinks.
Jan 30, 2010

I have been using this system for a couple of months now and was hoping it was going to get better, but it really has not.   Is there anyone who is have great success on this system?  Do you work on another VR system that you really like and can make $20/hr or more on? I am just wondering if it is M-Modal or the way ours is set up, or what.   By the time I pay for my insurance, computer costs, software, taxes, etc.  , there is not a lot of m ...

Can Anyone Tell Me What The NJA Policy Is?
Jan 01, 2010

I can't seem to find anything on MQ Central.  I just started last week and already have no work.  What am I supposed to do?  I cannot get ahold of manager.  TIA ...

OT Policy
Mar 19, 2011

Let me see if I have this right - I am thinking about going FT and this never applied to me much before.  So if we work overtime we get paid our benefit rate x 1.5 - we don't get paid per line for anything over that.  Correct? ...

What Is The Policy Of NJA?
Mar 23, 2011

For the past few weeks I have been getting NJA all night every night!  I am barely making my hours or money that I need.  Am I allowed to make up some of this time during the day.  I have fixed my schedule so the time I work is the time I have allowed myself with my 3 kids and all the demands of my household.  I really can't work any extra at night.  I barely sleep as it is with getting off the computer at 1 am and putting the kids on the bus at 6:30 am.  I thi ...

QA Policy
Dec 29, 2012

Our company was just bought by MModal.  Can anyone explain to me the 5% policy on sending reports to QA? ...

Possible Use Of New NJA Policy?
Sep 05, 2013

I know this isn't what they intend, but I'm wondering if we need to stick to our schedules anymore.  If we can "make it up" in the same day, is it necessary to wait til our scheduled start time if we usually run out?  I mean, why wait til our scheduled second shift hours if we're afraid of running out?  Can't we get on earlier ("same day") and get whatever is available then?  I'm not saying this is fair to those who are scheduled earlier, but there� ...

PTO Policy
Sep 10, 2013

So help me understand this "new" policy.  Are we taking a cut in what we accrue for PTO?  I have over 15 years with this company and find it hard to believe longevity/loyalty do NOT count.  So as I read it, the person that started yesterday will accrue at the same rate as me?  "full time employees will accrue 0.059 hgours of PTO for each paid hour up to a maximum of 4.62 hours  acrrued in a pay period."  HUH?  Not real clear to me.  So we only get 4.62 hours per pay period?  Havin ...

New NJA Policy
Feb 03, 2014

I would love to know how people are handling this new NJA policy.  As I understand it, if we get NJA during our work schedule, we are supposed to keep checking back for work through our shift.  We are allowed to work at any time up until midnight to get in our hours for the day without approval.  I really think if they have no work during your shift, they should pay your benefit rate for the hours there is no work.  I know some states have this, but mine does not.  It just does not seem rig ...

New PTO Policy???
Jan 21, 2015

Anyone heard when the new PTO policy is going to be rolling out.  I thought they said it would be in January, so does that mean in Nuance time March/April?   Maybe they have to wait until they have "perfected" Fiesa.  This post audit M crap .. I feel soooo sorry for them having problems. My TSM has been on conference calls a lot the last week or so.  Much more so than usual, but getting no info from her.  Anyone else have a TSM that is sharing info? ...

No Work Policy
Dec 02, 2009

Can anyone explain the no work policy?  If you are not in one of those few states listed, does that mean you recieve your state's minimum wage rate for hours missed?  Am I reading this wrong? ...

New QA Submission Policy
Mar 03, 2010

How do we send a report directly to the hospital with a blank, doesnt it automatically go to QA/MME when we put a blank in a report? ...

Downtime Policy?
Nov 04, 2010

Can someone tell me the policy for downtime?  Do we log out?  How much downtime do we get paid?  Cant get into MQ Central to find policy. ...

What Is MQ's Bereavement Policy?
Nov 14, 2011

My father passed away this morning.  ...

QA Submission Policy.... Again
Apr 18, 2012

Hello, can't find it in MMCentral, can't locate the orig email (somewhere in my PCs cyberspace) but thought it was 5% per pay period.  Can someone please point me to the HR policy that dictates this?  TIA   ...

Conflict In Policy
May 29, 2012

A couple weeks ago someone on here mentioned that we do not have to use our PTO for NSA. She advised me to contact HR, which I did, who also told me the policy is we do NOT have to use our PTO for NSA. The conflict is, my SM sends out emails prior to time card approval stating we have to use PTO if we have it, or submit PTO for unpaid if we have no balance. I am curious to know if my SM just isnt aware of the policy, or if she just wants us to use our PTO so our hours will all be accounted for. ...

NJA Policy Nuance
Dec 25, 2012

New to the company. No work available. What is the no jobs available policy? Spend the rest of your night checking back for work or do you get paid for work availabilty? ...

Interesting This New Policy After My
Aug 23, 2013

When we got the New Work Availiability Policy last week I replied and made a suggestion that they go back to the idea of a 12-hour shift within which to get your 8 hours.  I pointed out that it would eliminate the work tickets and all the other administration and mumbo jumbo that goes on trying to get everyone's work hours in.  People would be more likely to be able to get their 8 hours in if they had 12 hours to look for work. It would increase employee satisfaction being able to ...

Confusion About New Policy
Aug 24, 2013

As I read the new policy what has been eliminated is the option if you run out of work during your shift, to just call it quits for the day and take leave without pay.  Instead, you have to keep checking back during your shift.  However, if you still are short hours you have the option then to take leave without pay.  I know this is not what the TSM's are saying, but the option to take PTO or leave without pay still remains in the official policy on line, at least as of yeste ...

TTS Bereavement Policy?
Jul 25, 2014

I can't find anything about this in the documents on the TTS website.  Does anyone know where I can find info?  I emailed the "team" 5 days ago and no response. Does this mean they don't HAVE a bereavement policy? I need to know how many days I get and which family members' deaths qualify as deserving of bereavement days. ...

KS Hiring Policy
Oct 31, 2014

Heads up--in addition to the typing test, they require you run their 3rd party 'computer speed test' and if it doesn't past muster (according to the 3rd party speed test), despite computer being brand new and on high-speed broad-band, they turn you down for the job. A first for me being asked to run this test on my computer before hiring. Anyone else have this experience?  ...

Could Someone PLEASE Help Me With A Question About Transcend Policy??
Feb 02, 2010

I have a question about Transcend policy for which i would really like to get an accurate answer.  I am currently working as a full time employee for them, which requires a minimum of 7 hours per day, in addition to the $900 gross pay per check.  However, I am able to make the $900 gross pay in about 3 hours' work per day and can far exceed it in 4 to 5 hours a day.  Also, I have no need of their insurances.  In short, I have no real need to worry over working 7 hours a ...