A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Post below says program might not pan out as promised. - But therein lies the problem. There SM

Posted: Mar 15, 2014

hasn't been much promised at all.  All we know is training will be intensive, if you leave the program you have to pay back MM an unknown amt, and you have to work for them for 2 years at unknown pay.

The promises I see there are nothing to write home about.  It is the unknowns, when answered, that will help me decide if this is what I want to do.  And I agree with another poster, I will watchly closely what happens with this first group.  Which brings to mind, if anyone does get in the program, please be sure to come here and keep up posted. 

If you feel coding is a good fit for you - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Please don't let anyone dissuade you. People are speculating, and that is all. No one knows anything for sure yet.

I dont feel my post was speculation. Just stating the facts - as we know them. But I agree, for SM

[ In Reply To ..]
those that want to give this a try, I say go for it. Just dont forget who you are dealing with.

The best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour.

No, yours wasn't - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I was just saying, don't base your decision on anything anyone has said here. No one knows anything for certain. :) Best luck in whatever you decide!

Your post IS speculation. No "facts" are being stated. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
It is your belief about what will happen.

Did you read the email? It says the training will be intense, - if you leave the program voluntarily you SM
[ In Reply To ..]
you have to pay back any cost associated with training you, and after the program you will have to work for MM for 2 years. The facts, ma'am, just the facts.
So THAT is what this is about! - Fear of failure!
[ In Reply To ..]
Coding training usually is "intense." That is why coders are well-paid.

Yes, you will have to actually learn the material. That is the case if you attend any school.

If you fail, you won't have to pay it back. If you leave voluntarily, you will.

If you leave ANY school, you LOSE your tuition. Leave MM, have to pay it back. Leave Andrews, AAPC or AHIMA, you don't get your money back.

Every time my employer sends me to take some course, even if it is a week, I am obligated to remain with them for a year. This is not a big deal.

As for the 2 years, honey, it is guaranteed experience. If you think that is somehow intended to harm you, you are wrong. It is a gift...GIFT!

I don't think I can change your mind. You will expect a worm in every bite of the apple, no matter what.

All I can do is point out to others that what you think are worms really aren't.

Should I be reading this post with an angry voice? - If I HAD to do this, fear of failing SM
[ In Reply To ..]
might play a part, but I dont HAVE to do this. Fail or no fail is not an issue here.

Again, I just stated the facts as presented in the email from MM.
Nope, no anger...try a "matter of fact" voice. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Why would I be angry? No, it is a matter of fact voice.

The problem is that you are not just stating the facts. You are embellishing them with beliefs about what they "really mean." Other people can't see that, they start believing it, they embellish it further, and this whole rumor mill goes wild.

The actual facts as stated in the email have very little potential for controversy. Really.

Several years ago, my employer offered me a similar opportunity with even less explanation and even more risk and obligation. I took it without a moment's hesitation. There were times I wasn't sure if it was going to work, but I made it work.

Sometimes you have to just take a risk. You might not be the kind of person who can do that. Nothing wrong with that.

I just don't want others to see this opportunity as an impossibility, because for most it is not.
I am the OP and have not embellished anything. What do you - see as embellishment? I lifted the SM
[ In Reply To ..]
facts straight from the email, no editorializing added. Is your fervor to set us all straight skewing what you think my post said? I really didnt put anything that was not in the MM email.

Personally, I think MTs are certainly smart enough to see through untruths and embellishments. As I have posted several times, I want all who want to to test. I want only good things for my sista MTs. Why would anybody want anything different?
in agreement - Hopeful
[ In Reply To ..]
I am going for this great opportunity. I have been transcribing/editing for 20 plus years. I've been very disappointed in the lack of pay raises and have been tempted to move on several times, but this is all I know. I have always had a can-do attitude, and when I fall, I dust myself off and get back up. I will give this my all and don't plan on failing. I've been a CMT for 15 years and I believe if I passed that test I will do well on this one...if I don't ....there is always next time.

I agree with you - but,,,

[ In Reply To ..]
I think those who do decide to take the training think about it more in depth than just out of fear of their MT job going bye-bye,which we all fear.

Coding isn't for everyone, just like MT isn't for everyone. I have seen a lot of people get into MT over the years because they heard there was good money to be made (and there was years ago) so they spent time/money training for it then when they started working they either hated it or they weren't all that good at it. When I worked as a trainer we had close to a 50% failure rate. This company was one of the good ones back in the day, NOT MQ.

My ONLY advice on this would be that you are sure coding is what you want to do and that it falls within your skill set. That is not being negative, that is being smart.

This is what I think - Reading between the lines

[ In Reply To ..]
I think you will be in the first group laughing hysterically at the people who are waiting to see what happens with the first group.

I think you want people to hold off. It will improve your chances of getting in.

There has been absolutely nothing wrong with the way MM announced and offered this opportunity. There is nothing wrong with the program. There is, in fact, very little risk to you. Every bit of it is a good opportunity, and I think you know it.

wrong - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Some people like their schedules and their accounts. If they get part way through and decide coding isn't for them, they can go back to transcription, but they have to pay back the cost of their coding program and there is no guarantee they will get their old schedule or accounts back. So that is the risk. And no, I won't be in the first class laughing. That's a cruel thing to say.

I thought MM had filed for bankruptcy - Not ready for prime time

[ In Reply To ..]
If that happens, none of this will matter anyway.
Not all bankruptcies affect the workers. But ya gotta wonder - how coding fits in with all this SM
[ In Reply To ..]
Is coding an attempt to shore up their bottom line? Will coding take the place of MT all together? Could MT part of MM possible be sold at some pt with a shift to coding? Ya just gotta wonder

There are things to consider - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I like my schedule and actually had to kind of fight to get it and keep it. My supervisor is possibly the nicest woman I have ever had as a boss in 20 years. I would take a pay cut for 3 months during the training (I tend to make more than my benefit rate overall).

So, if my score is good enough to get me in, I cannot say for sure what I will do. I don't think anyone is on here deliberately trying to convince others not to get in so that they have a better shot. Does anyone really believe strangers on the internet have that power??

Also, the INTENSE training part, it's easy to say no problem I can deal with it in the abstract, but in reality will life allow for something like that? Like kids schedules and other obligations that you have less than 3 weeks to rearrange? You are not allowed to miss a single day of training, its graduation season, wedding season, etc. And a biggee for me, is I am moving in a month. Probably not an ideal time for an intense training program.

There is a lot of stuff to think about. It's very short notice. I am thinking about all of those things.

And, I want every single one of those 60 people to be SURE they want in and will complete it, because you can bet there are 60 more who would have loved to take this course and it would just be very rotten of someone to have not thought about it, quit and have taken away the opportunity from someone who really would have gone for it. Thus the reason I probably won't do it if I get accepted, because the timing is just really bad for me.

I want anyone who wants to test, to do so. I dont plan - on testing myself but I want those SM

[ In Reply To ..]
that do, to go into this with wide-open eyes. And the more we discuss this, the more things that might come up that some might not have thought of.

I think the more thoughts that are out there on a subject, the better decisions that can be made about that subject.

I hope this goes so well that the first wave of coders laugh at us cause we were so cautious. If this program is that good, there will be plenty of opportunities for the rest of us. If this program is a great one, MM will not stop at 60.

Great idea - eyewideopen

[ In Reply To ..]
to wait if you are not sure. I already have a CPC-A and need 2 years of coding experiences to get my apprenticeship (A) off my credentials. Most coding jobs require 2-3 years of coding experience just to get in the door. I have had no luck since getting my credentials back in the fall of 2013. On the other hand, AAPC has a course for coding and it is very expensive, plus you have to pay to take the 5 hour 40 minute test. Getting some education from MModal about coding may be the ticket to just having to pay for the coding test. I am going for it.

this is a great opportunity for you and MModal - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I hope you get it! Good luck!

Congratulations, YOU have good sense - Keeping my fingers crossed for you

[ In Reply To ..]
You are correct.

One point, though. If you took a course lasting , I think, 90 hours, they will waive one year.

All of the transcriptionists have good sense - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
The above poster already has coding certification. Her decision is an easy one. She does not need training, just experience.
I think you need to read her post again - You missed the point
[ In Reply To ..]
She IS certified already, but is willing to spend 6 months retraining just to get hired as a coder so she can gain experience.

That should tell you how hard it is to get hired in coding without experience.

That is why every coder at my facility who saw this offer said you would be idiots not to take it.
It's actually 3 months of training & 3 months working as an apprentice - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
She already has her education, so the quality of education provided by MM is not in question. For the people wanting to move on after the two years are over, they want to be able to parlay the education provided to them into a job. That is what this discussion is about.
Yes, and 3+3 is 6 months of training - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
That's what it is ... 6 months of training.

No one needs to worry about parlaying the MM education into a job. It provides adequate means to do that.

Nobody, but nobody will have any problems after completing this.

Actually, no it isn't. Read it again - 3 training and then
[ In Reply To ..]
UP to 3 months as apprentice. You complete training at which point you have 3 months to get a 95% QA score (still cannot believe it is that low)to go onto being a full time coder. Some people could finish that in a week and others will need the whole 3 months allowed.

I am just curious for the coders out there, is 95% QA the standard? That is just crazy low since MTs now have a 99.7% QA standard.
Standards in coding accuracy - Coder
[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, 95% is an acceptable accuracy standard for coders.

It is completely unrelated to MT accuracy. It is derived from different things. It isn't possible to compare them.

Thank you! Good info to have. - anon. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
95% accuracy is not great - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Most places I know require at least 97%. That's a lot of mistakes. I'm beginning to wonder where some of these "coders" work.
Really? Now that is good info to have - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I apologize if I offend anyone with what I am about to say, but I am skeptical about this program.

A 95% sounded insanely low to me, yeah I am an MT where 100% is pretty much required now days, and I get that it is different, but how can it be that different with so much lower standards.

It is so much like what happened with MT a decade ago. I don't know maybe I just have MT PTSD.
Another coder posted here their accuracy was 99% - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I have no way to verify their honesty, however.
I would think it would have to be 100% - Afterall, we are talking about money here
[ In Reply To ..]
Coding is how hospitals/clinics/docs get paid, not to mention how they avoid being charged with fraud. No way is 95% accuracy going to fly in the long run. NO WAY!
Well, it does. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Before you go flying off on this one, it is a MINIMUM. It does not mean it is DESIRABLE.

Most coders do not want to score that low, but it sometimes happens, especially if the number of cases reviewed is small.

Good point. - I just imagine that number will creep up
[ In Reply To ..]
About 10 years or so ago a 96% was the standard for MTs, now it is nearly 100%.

I imagine that will happen with coding as well. Mostly because it is the direct link to the pocket and I imagine there will be a low tolerance for poor performance.

I am not stating these as facts, just based on how the MT biz evolved.

It's going to be interesting to watch how it all works out for coders. I really hope it doesn't end up like it did for MTs but we were all in denial at first too.

There goes the imagination again! - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
You must be thinking this is something new. It isn't. Accuracy expectations have been around in coding a long time and are well-established.

Imagine away, though.
Okay, they were well established in MT world too - then the creep began
[ In Reply To ..]
Yeah, I know, MT and Coding are not the same thing, got that.

Hope that been this way for a long time and so will never change thing works out for you.
Wait, is there only one "sm" posting? - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
If so, based on your previous posts, you aren't a coder.

So I'm not sure you are an authority on the industry. Regardless, the one certainty in life is that things inevitably change.

Is there just one "anon" posting? - SMmeans see message, so no.
[ In Reply To ..]
NM
Haha, right - my bad.
[ In Reply To ..]
I know what sm means, doi (on me). It's funny because there was a SM in caps and an sm in small letters and the tone of the posts all seemed to be from the same person. So my tired little brain bleeped that knowledge away.

Yeesh, time for me to step away, clearly!!

Where I work - Not ready for prime time
[ In Reply To ..]
We are expected to be 99%-100% accurate. Think about it: Would you want a doctor or hospital bill that was only coded 95% correctly? That could mean missed diagnoses or procedures not being billed. From my experience, no newbie reaches the kind of accuracy you are addressing in a week, some people never get there. There is going to be a learning curve, a huge one from what I gather from what I have read. You may only be able to code one or 2 charts a day in the beginning. It is going to be a humbling experience for many MTs and I see a high attrition rate. Something that needs to be looked at: Are the MTs being brought in to help them get over an ICD-9 backlog before the conversion? I keep posting but I keep coming up with questions/things to say. I'm a new coder and have only been in my job since last June - I remember how difficult it was at first. We've starting ICD-10 boot camp sessions, it will be interesting to see how MM approaches the training, it boggles the mind.
I believe they are training ICD-10. - good post.
[ In Reply To ..]
I think it is going to be an eye opener for sure. There is no way that all 60 people will pass the training course. I would actually gamble some real money on that. No program has 100% success rate.

But some on here are hanging onto the idea that QA IS 95% and will never, ever, ever change.

As I said before, you are talking about the wallet of the provider, it seems highly unlikely they will put up with 95% accuracy for long.
Is that more speculative "intellectual discussion"? - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
NM
No, just common sense really. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Think about it, do you really believe the QA requirement will stay 95%? Actually it is not "industry standard" some are much higher.

Also, do you really believe that all 60 people will successfully complete the program? Have you EVER heard of a program of any kind with 100% pass rate?

Just using common sense.
Do the coders you work with think that they could have - been adequately trained in 3 months?
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Yes, of course - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Some had less than that. I know a lot who took the AAPC course, which is 80 or 90 hours.

You are looking at MONTHS, and that is wrong.

These programs are counted in contact hours, not months. The AAPC course is 80 or 90 hours, and 80 hours is what they require to waive a year of the experience on the CPC.

MM is half time for 3 months, which us 240 hours. Even if only 1/3 of that is actual teaching time (classes) you still end up with an 80-hour course.

1/3 of 4 hours is only 1 hour 20 minutes. So, all you need is 1 hour 20 minutes of class a day for 3 months to have your 80 hours. That is only 4 hours of class a week.

You will be getting a lot more than that, though, because it is 240 hours plus the3 months of full time internship, which does count as training.
As a brand new transcriptionist, were you fully trained at three months? - Anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I wasn't.
No kidding. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I honestly don't think I was fully trained for at least 3 years.

Also, I did the bulk of my training in-house at a hospital where the brilliant woman next to me put up with incessant questions.

I cannot imagine trying to train from home in that short of time with no one's ear constantly available. God Speed to you folks who do it.
Oh yes - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
The poor woman who sat beside me . . . it's a wonder she got anything done. I would not trade that inhouse experience for ANYTHING!
The discussion was about coding, not MT. - They are nothing alike (nm)
[ In Reply To ..]
NM
Not alike in the work, seem to be a lot of - similarities regarding
[ In Reply To ..]
evolution of the business. MTSOs getting into the game, outsourcing, off-shoring, remote training, etc.

We were just comparing the idea of training from home versus in-house. I don't think we were all that far off topic, and if we were, so what?
I did not know everything MT at 3 months. - But I was certainly good enough to start. (nm)
[ In Reply To ..]
!
"Good enough" really isn't good enough in coding - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I understand what you mean, but there are no gray areas with coding. Your code is either right or it is wrong.
That is what I have been trying to say. But - keep getting shouted down
[ In Reply To ..]
A code is either right or it is wrong.

In MT it is much more subjective.

It takes more then 3 months or 6 months or even a year to be proficient at anything really.

Why do you think it is so hard for coders to get their first jobs. They want 2 years experience because there is little room to make errors.

It's right or it's wrong.
It is clear that you are not a coder - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
NM
That seems to be your response to everything - And yet my pay check says differently
[ In Reply To ..]
Strange.
NO ONE starting out in coding is going to be perfect. - Gee I guess why even try then, huh? (nm)
[ In Reply To ..]
?
Of course you should try, I don't think they - meant that you should not
[ In Reply To ..]
I think perhaps there is some miscommunication happening. I think the coders and whoever are just trying to make you aware of the realities of coding and the training process. Don't expect it to be easy and don't expect that if you were an A++ MT that it translates into being an A++ coder.

At least that is what I think they are mostly saying. You should absolutely go for it, if that is what you want.
Thanks much. It just sounds like people are looking - for reasons why this cannot possibly ever work.
[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the well wishes! :)
That is because they dont want it to work - or you to apply.
[ In Reply To ..]
Keep in mind that a lot of this posting is coming from just a few people, including someone who has been posting and answering herself as several different people.

Some seem to want to discourage others from applying to improve their own chances, but I think there are others who have such bad track records with the company, including at least one who was fired by them, that they are ineligible and jealous of those who might get this. They just seem to want to drag others down with them.

You have no proof someone is asking and answering themselves - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
That you would think such a thing, just because you disagree with people, should make people pause before they believe anything else you say. I have had questions about this program because of the length of the training program and the information I know that needs covered in a coding program. I honestly don't see how they can cover adequately all necessary parts of a coding education in 3 months. I have been very encouraging of the transcriptionists taking their tests, and I don't want anyone to fail. The issue has never been with the intelligence of the transcriptionists - only with the quality of the education they are going to possibly be receiving.
No one is saying that - A new coder needs training and support
[ In Reply To ..]
Just like a new transcriptionist, or a new anybody does. Our new hires, even with a CCS certification, are required to work 6 months in house with a mentor, just to make sure they are hitting those accuracy standards. How anyone could expect a new, new coder to meet those standards in that same amount of time confounds me. Maybe they have an entirely new training method no one else knows about. I don't know. But this isn't about discouragement.
Sorry, there are lots of gray areas - Good enough, too
[ In Reply To ..]
NM

That is scary, if it's true - there should not be gray areas
[ In Reply To ..]
when it comes to coding a medical bill. People can get sued for fraud, especially if you mess up on a Medicare bill. No wonder so many people's hospital bills are so messed up. A 95% accuracy rate playing with other people's money.

It may be "good enough" for you, but it isn't for me and hopefully it won't be for facilities for very long.

This is stated as a consumer, not as an MT or wannabe coder.
Go complain to CMS, then. - NM
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Wow, never heard people fight so hard - for mediocrity. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
Try coding E and M levels - then tell me that. - No gray areas in coding? That is a laugh.
[ In Reply To ..]
You know what medical documentation looks like, right? And you think there can not be gray areas in coding based upon this documentation? Yes, Virginia, coding is not all black and white.
I am saying it should be higher than 95% accuracy. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
But if that is all you aspire to and find it adequate, so be it.

I do not.
Well I certainly aspire to much much more than 95%. - What gave you the idea I did not?
[ In Reply To ..]
I aspire to 100% in everything I do that is work-related.

All I was trying to say that coding (for example E and M levels!) has gray areas and subjectivity to it. That is all.
You gave me the idea. You emphatically stated - 95% was perfectly fine.
[ In Reply To ..]
Your new position isn't all that convincing after the aggressiveness of your previous posts as a strong supporter of, well, like I said before, mediocrity.

Nope sorry that was not me. - I was the one talking about E and M codes.
[ In Reply To ..]
You have me confused with someone else, and by the way you are really coming across as snarky and aggressive now. I will leave you to it.
There are no gray areas. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Your documentation supports your code. If you do not have the documentation to support your code, you query the physician until you get the necessary information. I must say I'm getting kind of shocked at what supposed coders are describing. That is simply unethical.
I 100% agree with you!!! If the documentation is not - there to support the code SM
[ In Reply To ..]
Then you have the wrong code PERIOD; if in doubt, query the doc.
If you think that... - Coder
[ In Reply To ..]
That is an overly simplistic view of things.

It just isn't that easy. If there were no gray areas, there would be no need for Coding Clinic, CPT Assistant, thousands of questions asked to the AMA, the two sets of guidelines CMS wrote to establish standards for E&M codes (neither of which succeeded, prompting efforts on a third, after which they gave up), RAC audits, etc.

Querying only goes so far, you can't keep doing it ad infinitum, and you can't force them to give you what you want.

Coding guidelines do not cover everything, leaving some things open to carrier and local interpretation.

Further, there is disagreement between coding guidelines and carrier requirements. And now, there are issues with CMS's treatment of cases in which the official principal diagnosis doesn't meet medical necessity and there may be a need to reprt something different.

But, since you think it is so black and white, maybe you can help us out by telling us exactly how to tell if a physical examination is "detailed" or not.
I can tell you if a PE is detailed or not and I'm not - even a coder.
[ In Reply To ..]
No you can't - Not ready for prime time
[ In Reply To ..]
E & M coding is different than just knowing if an exam was detailed. There are different modifiers for the severity of the presenting problem, how many elements were queried in the review of systems, if a social history was taken, the extent of the exam, and how much time was spent with the patient. Then, the complexity of medical decision making needs to be determined. All of those things affect how a facility gets paid. You will learn all of this soon enough when you become a real coder.
No, you cant ... LOL - Coder
[ In Reply To ..]
It doesn't mean what you think. The meaning also differs between the 1995 and 1997 guidelines.

What did you think it meant, though? Try to put it into words and you will see just how hard it is.

I will have to check - eyeswideopen

[ In Reply To ..]
the AAPC website about the 90 hours, thanks for the tip.
I checked .., it is 80 - Coder. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
Nm
Did AAPC website - eyeswideopen
[ In Reply To ..]
state it has to be an "accredited course." If it does, do you think the MModal program would qualify. May be something else to check into. Thanks for checking the website.
Answer - Coder
[ In Reply To ..]
Who would be doing this accrediting???

There are no "accredited" coding courses. That notion is something someone on this board fabricated.

Neither AAPC nor AHIMA accredit. You do not need a course at all for AAPC, and you can even take AHIMA's CCS or CCS-P exams without a course if you just have 2 years of experience.

You WILL be able to take the CPC, at the very least. Eventually more.

This should not be an issue. Seriously, it should not. Regardless of what they are teaching, it will benefit you. No one in the future will look down on it, if they look at it at all.

Do not worry about this. I can see where it is going. I think it is great.

Apprenticeship - Darkhorse

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm with the OP. MM clearly has no one's "best interest" at heart. There is definitely something in this for them. Yet there is something in it for the MT as well. I would go for it, regardless of the two year stipulation. Look at it as a paid internship. You'd be a fool not to take advantage of it, in my so humble opinion.

Another thought: Get everything about your pay, - hrs, bennies, training, etc. in -

[ In Reply To ..]
writing, up-front, before signing anything. That way, should your training turn out to be far inferior to what they promised, or your pay starts to go down, or requirements start to go up while you're in the training/apprenticeship program, it might just be that since they didn't keep their end of the bargain, you won't have to keep yours, should you want to bail. Of course, I would check that out with an attorney, first. But if they don't stick to their end of the bargain it seems only fair that you wouldn't have to stick to your end (i.e., paying them back), either, if you didn't receive what you were promised.

That is good advice. - Keep a record

[ In Reply To ..]
If the potential is there for them to charge you for training if something happens, then you need some backup. My guess is they probably won't follow through on that.

Here is my honest opinion about the whole pineapple, it is going to be exactly what it seems to be. It's going to churn out some good coders and some not so good coders (who will then be culled from the herd). Not everyone will pass this thing, I have never heard of a 100% success rate in any training program.

I don't think this is some great conspiracy for MModal to destroy the coding industry. I think it is MModal trying to save their business.

If you want to hear a paranoid conspiracy theory, here is mine, MTs need to be thinking of an escape plan, whether it be this coding program or something else. I have a real bad feeling for us MModal MTs, which is not to insult MModal, they gotta do what they gotta do to survive as a corporation and their allegiance is with their stockholders not the MTs.

So while I have reservations about this coding program preparing us little birdies for the coding world et al, it seems like a much better bet than being an MModal MT a year from now.

Just my opinion, not a single fact involved, just pure gut feeling based on 20 years in this industry.

My gut feeling is that there will be no MTs a - year from now. Anywhere in the US.
[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

DSG Has Done What They Promised They Would NEVER DO!
Feb 07, 2012

Well, here we go again.....DSG has done exactly what I was promised, when I went to work for them almost seven years ago, that they would never do.....sell out to MQ or MModal, whatever their name is.  I left MQ for a reason....because they are an awful company to work for and could care less about their employees.  Promised work is not there....no one is ever available to help when you need it and if you complain they put a thumb down on you about your production or your accuracy and ...

They Promised They Would Fix The Speech Wreck.
May 23, 2014

We were supposed to provide 3 job numbers with examples of the same errors being made over and over again. Well, I did just that with numerous jobs because of numerous errors. Not one stinking thing has been done. Does this mean my TSM was just whistling Dixie and blowing smoke and did nothing about the information I provided, or does it mean the ASR technicians were whistling Dixie, blowing smoking and did nothing? Why is no one held accountable for the mess that is called Nuance? ...

Anyone Laid Off From Diskriter Not Get The Promised PTO?
Mar 19, 2015

When I was laid off in November, Diskriter said they would pay all PTO earned up to that point.  They only paid half of what they owed me.  They will not respond to emails, phone calls or letters. Has anyone else had this issue? They have really sunk to the bottom of the barrel into the sewer! ...

Being Paid A Lower Amount Than Promised
Dec 18, 2009

Has anyone ever signed a contract with a company that specified a certain cpl and then when you started, you discovered that you  were being  paid a full cent less, with no explanation?  How did you handle it? ...

Promised Work, But Didn't Deliver
Sep 17, 2014

I recently started working for a urologist who in the ad said that work would be daily, Mon-Fri two hours worth and they would be paying by the hour for it.  I thought that would fit in great with my schedule.  Well a few months later and I get work once or twice a week and they tell me how long it should take (in other words how much they are willing to pay).  My last invoice was for about 150.00 for a month.  It does not take me long to do it, but I'm not happy that th ...

Just Wondrin' When MedQ Took Away Incentive, And Promised Raises
Apr 06, 2010

Memo promised all those high producers who were making the incentive grade would be compensated in the form of a raise...anbody here get one?  ...

Is The CareerStep Medical Coding Program A Good Program?
Nov 22, 2010

TIA ...

Anyone Receive A Reply From The Transcription Doctors Job Post On Their Post For Editscript MTs?
Mar 24, 2010

nm ...

Orthopedic Surgery, Is It Perineal Post Or Peroneal Post? NM
Feb 10, 2012

xx ...

RE: New Post Replies, Do They All Go To The Bottom Of The Original Post?
Jan 23, 2010

I don't remember that yet when I post lately it goes all the way to the bottom rather than immediately after the original post.  Perhaps I just never noticed it before.  Oh well... ...

Question On Post Vs Status Post
Oct 22, 2009

Sometimes I'm not sure what to do when they say "post" ... something. I know if it is postauricular (for example), it is attached ... but how about post aneurysmal surgery?  It does not seem like it would be attached.  - Is it proper to leave it stand-alone or should I change it to status post ... or actually attach it? Thanks in advance!!  ...

Postdischarge, Post-discharge, Or Post Discharge?
Nov 14, 2011

Which one do you guys use?  I find it all 3 ways on the net, with no clear indication as to what's correct.  Thx.   ...

Post Audit And Now A Post Audit M Report!!
Jan 19, 2015

Has anybody gotten the above email stating now there are 2 post audit reports that we have to pull?  The regular one and now a post audit m report???  What is this for???  This gets crazier every day ...

About That TAA Program...
Jan 07, 2010

I know you have to be drawing unemployment to quality for this.  Does anyone know exactly what this is and what the benefits are?    ...

FTP Program
Mar 15, 2010

I had a company send me an IP address to take a test. Once I e-mailed them back and asked what in the world am I suppose to do with this, they told me I had to have a FTP program. I tried one and it confused me to no end. Does anyone have any ideas on FTP programs? Thanks a lot! ...

Yet ANOTHER New Program???
Jun 09, 2011

Is it just me, or is this Cornerstone BS this just another way to chip away at our paychecks?  ...

ASR Program
May 06, 2012

The abbreviation "q.d." is listed as one of the dangerous abbreviations and we are not supposed to use it, ever.  Yet when someone dictates the word "daily" in a report, ASR routinely substitutes "q.d." in its place.  This is just wrong and has to be corrected manually. ...

Does Anyone Have A Program Where We Can
Sep 04, 2012

These counts just seem awfully low to me for some reason..wouldnt be the first time they skimmed them...short of actually sitting and counting characters was wondering if there is a program out there that I could use ...

Tax Preparer Vs. Do It Yourself Program
Oct 15, 2009

I have hired a CPA friend to do my taxes the last umpteen years and now would like to just do it myself with TurboTax or the like.  Does it work well for schedule C... and all the few deductions, health insurance premiums, etc., or am I best to fork over the big bucks?  Thanks, Connie ...

Lantus XYZ Program
Dec 09, 2009

This is an elderly female with a ton of issues.  Her diabetes is way out of control, and the doctor is looking into switching her to a Lantus "xyz" program.  Thanks. ...

Free Fax Program
Mar 19, 2010

Are there any free fax software programs? ...

New Incentive Program.....
Mar 15, 2010

I like how they try to make this seem great.  It's probably no better or worse than we were before with the monthly incentives.  When I got that email that said "line rate change" I really thought it was another pay cut. I tried to figure how much the increase would be.  I figured that the raise would give me 7 cents more per hour or about 56 cents a day? That can't be correct, although considering who we are dealing with.....maybe it is?  How do you figure exactl ...

Has Anyone Done The MT Program At MedL*ne
Apr 18, 2010

Hi everyone. Has anyone  had any experience with MedLi ne Sc hool of Medical Tran scription ? I can't find any posts on that school. Any graduates from there?   Thanks, Brenda     ...

Allied Program
Apr 22, 2010

Has anyone here completed the Allied program? I'd appreciate hearing about your experience, any job assistance they may provide, & whether you'd make the same choice if you could do it again. Thanks! ...

What's The Best Program To Run DSS Files On?
Aug 01, 2010

I downloaded ExpressScribe but the sound isn't that great.  I'm not sure if it's my file or if there's a better FREE program to download.  The files I'm trying to transcribe are .dss. Don't mean to be cheap, but I don't want to buy a program to test on if I'm not going to need it later. ...

What's The Best Program To Run DSS Files On
Aug 01, 2010

I downloaded ExpressScribe but the sound isn't that great.  I'm not sure if it's my file or if there's a better FREE program to download.  The files I'm trying to transcribe are .dss. Don't mean to be cheap, but I don't want to buy a program to test on if I'm not going to need it later. ...

MT Grad W/SUM Program Eight Yrs Ago
Aug 11, 2010

Eiight years ago I took a transcription course through a local school that offered the SUM program.  It was intensive training for nine months and earned a certificate for completing the program.  I went to work for a local hospital and transcribed doctor's dictation; which included ER, radiology, psych, and scope reports.  Plus various reports that came accross overnight, I worked the 3-11 pm shift.  I did this for eleven months, until the hurricains hit Florida and fo ...

Regarding IT Expansion Program
Sep 22, 2010

Does anyone here that uses IT have problems with capitalizations after periods in ASR?  I know it was always an issue with ASR and even with docqscribe expander, but not sure if using IT would capitaliize the first letter after the period.  TIA ...

Has Anyone Taken PennFoster's Program?
Oct 05, 2010

I just received information in the mail from Penn Foster for their medical coding and billing program.  The booklet says that the program will provide students with the skills necessary to obtain entry-level employment as medical coders, coding specialists, medical billing specialists, and medical insurance clerks.  It also says that you can earn 18 credits toward an associate degree in medical assistant or 17 credits toward an associate degree in health information technology at Penn ...

What FTP Program Would You Recommend
Feb 14, 2011

I am almost finished my online course and have started looking at Job Postings.  I noticed one company requesting an FTP Program for file transfers.  I have been training with Express Scribe, which they specifically said they do NOT use.  Can anyone recommend a good, easy to use FTP Program?   ...