A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anyone laid off from Diskriter not get the promised PTO? - Grand5

Posted: Mar 19, 2015

When I was laid off in November, Diskriter said they would pay all PTO earned up to that point.  They only paid half of what they owed me.  They will not respond to emails, phone calls or letters. Has anyone else had this issue? They have really sunk to the bottom of the barrel into the sewer!

You need to lodge a complaint with...SM - Old Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
your states DOL, wage and hour division, or whatever it's called in your state. Mine has a website with a form to complete for nonpayment of wages, etc. You'll need copies of Diskriter's policy regarding PTO at termination, any emails they sent to you, any letters or emails you sent to them; in other words, as much proof as you can. The DOL will hopefully attempt to get your money for you. Why did you wait over 3 months to question this?

You just got handed a lottery ticket, really - Yup

[ In Reply To ..]
This happened to me 10 years ago, but it gets better.

Not only will the labor board get you your money owed, they will punish them for 30 days of day. So, if you made $100 per day, they will give you a $3000 bonus, on top of the pay they never gave. It is that simple.

Lottery ticket you have, now call your labor board now.....

anyone laid off from diskriter - Grand5

[ In Reply To ..]
After receiving the low PTO check in mid January, I couldn't get a hold of anyone at Diskriter until the end of January. After exchanging emails of our PTO documentation, which the HR guy, AB, couldn't understand/explain the info they had from their global accounting company because their numbers didn't add up, and mine came directly from the timesheet, I thought they would honor their verbal commitment to pay the PTO but I heard nothing further from them. My lawyer is now involved and DOL. I have all documentation except a copy of the employee handbook. I'm hoping someone on this site has this and can send me a copy. TIA

Nobody will send that to you. It's a confidential company sm - acuteMLS

[ In Reply To ..]
document. You also didn't need a lawyer for this, only the DOL.

Diskriter - Grand5
[ In Reply To ..]
Perhaps, but we'll see. The lawyer was quite helpful in giving me options but thanks for your input.
Dump attorney, Labor Board does it all - Okay?
[ In Reply To ..]
Trust me, no attorney needed. Labor Board rocks on this.
Not where I live - Grand5
[ In Reply To ..]
DOL can't do much regarding getting earned PTO paid when you're laid off, even if the employer says they will do it and don't honor it, have no work ethic, and no conscience. So if any ex-employees or others out there have the info I need, please let me know.
Contact you state representative...SM - Old Anon
[ In Reply To ..]
from your voting district and see if he/she will intervene on your behalf. Obviously, the DOL is not doing their job. I hope someone here can at least tell you what the company's policy document says regarding payment of PTO upon a layoff. I don't know what state you live in but mine would be on this one like bees on honey. My state requires all companies to be licensed to do business here in order to submit payroll taxes. Could you check to see if maybe this company is not registered in your state. I don't know what difference this would make except to maybe get them into trouble which might incentivize them to pay you what they owe you.

Similar Messages:

DSG Has Done What They Promised They Would NEVER DO!
Feb 07, 2012

Well, here we go again.....DSG has done exactly what I was promised, when I went to work for them almost seven years ago, that they would never do.....sell out to MQ or MModal, whatever their name is.  I left MQ for a reason....because they are an awful company to work for and could care less about their employees.  Promised work is not there....no one is ever available to help when you need it and if you complain they put a thumb down on you about your production or your accuracy and ...

Post Below Says Program Might Not Pan Out As Promised.
Mar 15, 2014

hasn't been much promised at all.  All we know is training will be intensive, if you leave the program you have to pay back MM an unknown amt, and you have to work for them for 2 years at unknown pay. The promises I see there are nothing to write home about.  It is the unknowns, when answered, that will help me decide if this is what I want to do.  And I agree with another poster, I will watchly closely what happens with this first group.  Which brings to mind, if anyon ...

They Promised They Would Fix The Speech Wreck.
May 23, 2014

We were supposed to provide 3 job numbers with examples of the same errors being made over and over again. Well, I did just that with numerous jobs because of numerous errors. Not one stinking thing has been done. Does this mean my TSM was just whistling Dixie and blowing smoke and did nothing about the information I provided, or does it mean the ASR technicians were whistling Dixie, blowing smoking and did nothing? Why is no one held accountable for the mess that is called Nuance? ...

Being Paid A Lower Amount Than Promised
Dec 18, 2009

Has anyone ever signed a contract with a company that specified a certain cpl and then when you started, you discovered that you  were being  paid a full cent less, with no explanation?  How did you handle it? ...

Promised Work, But Didn't Deliver
Sep 17, 2014

I recently started working for a urologist who in the ad said that work would be daily, Mon-Fri two hours worth and they would be paying by the hour for it.  I thought that would fit in great with my schedule.  Well a few months later and I get work once or twice a week and they tell me how long it should take (in other words how much they are willing to pay).  My last invoice was for about 150.00 for a month.  It does not take me long to do it, but I'm not happy that th ...

Just Wondrin' When MedQ Took Away Incentive, And Promised Raises
Apr 06, 2010

Memo promised all those high producers who were making the incentive grade would be compensated in the form of a raise...anbody here get one?  ...

Diskriter :: Enough Work At Diskriter
Sep 07, 2011

Is there enough work at Diskriter most of the time or feast or famine like other companies? ...

Anybody Been Laid Off By MQ?
Feb 18, 2010

I hear MQ employees are eligible under the TAA to get re-training paid for in another field, but how do you get "laid off"???  ...

Laid-off
Jun 23, 2010

Recently laid-off and I am looking for a job. I was just wondering, being an IC medical transcriptionist has anyone ever qualified for unemployment?? I know this is considered self-employed and most states will not give you benefits, but I was just wondering if anyone has ever gotten benefits being an IC.   Thank you for your time. ...

Getting Laid Off
Mar 01, 2011

4th time in 4 years. Sick of this!!! Will be finding something new to do. ...

Laid Off
Apr 04, 2013

I was laid off today too.  I have been with the company for 8 years.  I consistently make my quota by a long shot, at over 375 lph.  I had my audit a month ago at 99.3%.  I am a single mom trying to support my family, and no, there was no warning, no severance, no nothing.  My supervisor said it is across the board, and she did not have an answer for me as to why me.  I spent the day working on my resume and job hunting and came here to see if anyone had any answers.  To those of you in t ...

If You Are Laid Off, PLEASE TELL US
Jul 24, 2013

TIER REGION PART TIME OR FULL TIME so that maybe we can find a pattern for this. We're sorry for you all but know you will be going to a better place. ...

If You Were Laid Off
Jul 24, 2013

It seems like a lot of the folks who were let go had been with MM a long time. Just curious if there is a trend here, do you mind letting us know what your e/t cpl rate was? Did they just let go of those who were making a decent wage?  ...

How Many Laid Off?
Jul 24, 2013

Does anyone have any idea how many were let go today?  It doesn't seem like many, but of course only a fraction of MModal MTs actually come to this board. ...

Laid Off.....
Jan 12, 2015

Well, it's official.  I just got the call that I am officially laid off!  I am glad that what I knew was inevitable has finally happened so I can move forward, but at the same time can't help grieving over the loss of what once was a career that I loved and was good at.  It's not just the company I worked for; it's the whole medical transcription industry, so as of right now I am totally THROUGH with medical transcription! ...

Diskriter?
Jul 27, 2010

I am just wondering if anyone has had a problem with Diskriter.   Thanks ...

WHAT Is Going On With DISKRITER
Oct 20, 2011

Anybody know reasons for the strangeness lately?  Seriously... things are a bit well unusual... maybe it is me... ...

Anybody Know What Is Going On At Diskriter?
Nov 06, 2011

Work is low and just a strange sense in the air.  I have my own theories, but would be interested in any ideas.   ...

Thank You, Diskriter!!
Dec 23, 2011

I have been happily working for Diskriter for the past few years, and I just got an amazon gift card for the holidays!  They thanked me for my hard work this year.  I LOVE this company; it is nice to know that I am appreciated!!!   What a nice touch.  Happy Holidays, all! ...

Anybody Know What's Up With Diskriter?
Oct 21, 2013

Anybody know what's up with Diskriter?  Got laid off Friday, now can't get ahold of Hr to retrieve my 401K. ...

Diskriter Anything?
Jul 16, 2014

What can anyone tell me about Diskriter?  How is the QA dept from both the QAS point of view and the MT point of view.  How is the company to work for?  Good and bad ? ...

Has Anyone Seen The Ad From Diskriter On
Aug 26, 2014

They pay 5.5 cents a line for STRAIGHT typing?  Are they insane?  I hope they don't think any of us are THAT desperate.  WTH? ...

Diskriter
Sep 02, 2014

Does anyone have any information or opinions regarding Diskriter?  I was wondering if they were a good company to possibly work for. ...

Laid Off, No Notice
Nov 19, 2009

I just got laid off from Proscript in an email, I think this was very cold, no warning, no 2 weeks notice, nothing......I have worked for them since 2005, this is just wrong..... ...

Those Laid Off From Webmx
Sep 26, 2010

Did you get a severence or any sort of financial support?  ...

Laid Or Lain? Help
Jul 15, 2011

I have this hint that normally helps me:  “lie, lay, lain” (to recline); “lay, laid, laid” (to place or put down). The sentence is:  "The patient was brought into the endoscopy suite and 'laid' in the left decubitus position."  I was thinking it should be lain, but the patient was technically "put" in that position, so it should be laid.  Correct?  I've gone and confused myself. ...

I Wasn't Laid Off
Apr 06, 2013

I was straight-up fired.  I own it, as well as my part in it (production).  I feel for anybody else in my boat.  My husband, thankfully, has a good job so I can take a minute to breathe before plunging back underwater.   I love being an MT; too bad it's an unrequited love.  :/   I was straight-up fired (last week).  I own it, as well as my part in it (production).  I feel for anybody else in my boat.  My husband, thankfully, has a good ...

If You Are Fired/laid Off, Do You
Apr 06, 2013

or at the end of the month. I am making appts like crazy, just in case... ...

Laid Off From M-Modal
Aug 22, 2013

It was never my choice to work for Mmodal anyway, I was an acquisition.  But as I was perusing the help wanted lists, the horrible thought occured to me,  what if I got bought by Mmodal again? I think I am going to get out of this racket entirely, retire my foot pedal, hang up my earphones for good!  (And it has to be for good, it can't really get that much worse, can it?) ...

FOR ALL LAID OFF EMPLOYEES TTA (?)
Nov 08, 2013

First let me tell you I was laid off after 9 years last August.  I was told many lies like all part-time employees are being laid off, you won't be able to get unemployment, don't feel bad you didn't do anything wrong.  I applied for unemployment and have been getting unemployment ever since.  I got selected (yeah me) for a special project going on with the UE commision and the lady who I report to is wonderful.  She believes M@Modal made a plethora of errors a ...