A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Once again MedQ showing they have their finger on - th pulse of the MT work force!

Posted: Mar 16, 2010

It never ceases to amaze me this monolithic company whose primary source of revenue is transcription has no clue in managing their most valuable commodity, the MTs!!!  E-time has proven disasterous in wrangling MTs to keep precise time schedules and produce..and now take away the mainstay of MTing for years..the incentive (which agreed, sucked anyway..).  WE ARE PRODUCTION EMPLOYEES!!!!  WE DO NOT GET PAID HOURLY OR SALARY!!  How do these Hahvad, Wharton School rejects not get this!  They could in one fell swoop weed out the inferior MTs if they put in a proper incentive in place, did away with the stupid time clock and hold MTs to 10 hour time periods to produce,  and even...YES..increase the LPH requirement!  Their costs would plummet..no more bennies to be paid to barely making LPH MTs, and...sorry for the newbies..but unless you are seasoned MT with a minimum of 5 years ACUTE CARE experience, you would not be able to work here.  I guarantee you turn around times would be met, quality would be maintained and you would not need 10,000 MTs barely eeking out the LPH to do what probably 7500 could do who are HIGHLY trained and inspired.

YES!!!!! - How long is it going to take the suits to "get it?

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I agree! We are not salaried employees so stop treating us as such. - mrs.krabs

[ In Reply To ..]
Idiots.

MQ and Etime - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
They're not going to do away with the time clock. The only reason they started it was because the Feds nailed them big time for employess working more than 40 hours a week without compensation (OT pay). This is their way of proving how many hours their MT's are working...so don't look for that to go away any time soon.

What a shame... - starsong

[ In Reply To ..]
Why would anyone want to harm people who are doing their best and are making the requirements for the job - albeit, mostly JUST making it - by wanting to get rid of them because somehow, someway they and not the company, are harming you?

I was a nurse for 20+ years in hospitals and nursing homes and when I could no longer physically do the job, and the politics were unbearable, I ran away from the $25/hour job after taking the training to become a transcriptionist. At least with this job and being able to work from home, I can move around often so the constant back pain is bearable. I can work even when I can't close my fingers into a fist because of arthritis swelling and pain. I can even work my 4 hours a day when all I want to do is crawl in bed, cover up and pray the world goes away for a little while. But at least it is a job I can do and do well. Not as fast or as long as you can, but I also take pride in my work and pride in the reports I send to the client. I am part-time so I get NO benefits. I am working for the same pay I have had since I got off of my probationary period 8 years ago. ASR was a Godsend to me because it actually increased my line count and, therefore, my pay (for the most part) because I didn't have to try to type every single letter of the report and I can read very fast!

I am a Tier 3 transcriptionist who works 24 hours a week (4 hours a day and 8 on Saturday) who is proud of her work and even though the company is very trying at times, at least I have enough money coming in to keep a roof over my head and food on my table (and internet to be able to keep working!) and that is a lot to me because there are not a whole lot of other choices out there for me.

God Bless you for being able to type so fast and do even more than asked for in this job. It's people like you that put out the big production numbers that help keep our job from going overseas. I have never gotten an incentive bonus and really don't expect to ever earn one unless they do them for report content alone, without quantity attached. But I truly hope everyone that qualifies in any way gets their bonus/reward - whatever they want to call it - on a regular basis.

I hear you, Starsong. Unfortunately, in this - world, only the SM

[ In Reply To ..]
strong survive. I agree with everything you posted, am in a similar situation myself. I have always marveled at these "speed demons" LOL (no offense meant BTW). I'm sure there are some bad apples, (always will be in any environment) but those of us who have the experience (over 20 years here),who know our "stuff", but just aren't high producers should not be looked upon as "problems". JMO.

Starsong - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Apparently your ASR account is better than mine. It is not a question of "reading fast." Mine is mostly jibberish that takes more keystrokes and time than straight typing.

I agree, and also doctors are same, gibberish, - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
and I know, because I used to get a lot more decent ones, now get horrible and new dictators a lot, bring me to tears, don't get primary like I am supposed to, just MQ threats.

Similar Messages:

I Have A Sore Finger! The Skin On My Index Finger Was Dry And Split And Now It Hurts When I Type!
Oct 13, 2009

Any suggestions?  It's really annoying makes typing difficult and I definitely cannot type with a band-aid on my finger.  I'm one of those finicky MTs who takes forever to find a comfortable height of my chair, distance from the keyboard, height of my monitor, etc.  And absolutely nothing on my wrists and hands!  No rings, watches, bracelets, band-aids! I was considering putting super glue in the split, but then chickened out. ...

S/l Line Of The Finger Or Lamina Finger?
Oct 19, 2009

The line of the finger is great. Motion is satisfactory. Strength is limited. ...

2010 MedQ Transcriptionists Of The Year
Aug 09, 2010

MOUNT LAUREL, N.J, Aug. 9 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Austin, TX, AHDI 2010 AnnualConvention & Expo --MedQuist Inc. (Nasdaq: MEDQ), a leading provider of medicaltranscription services, and a leader in technology-enabled clinicaldocumentation workflow, announced the winners of its 2010 MedicalTranscriptionist of the Year Award on Saturday, August 7, 2010 at the AHDIAnnual Convention and Expo in Austin, TX.As a part of its comprehensive Rewards and Recognition Program, MedQuist, aplatinum sponso ...

Just Wondrin' When MedQ Took Away Incentive, And Promised Raises
Apr 06, 2010

Memo promised all those high producers who were making the incentive grade would be compensated in the form of a raise...anbody here get one?  ...

Is It 1 Finger Dissection Or Blunt Finger Dissection?
Dec 17, 2010

It sounds like he is saying "1 finger dissection" or could this be blunt finger dissection? ...

"dys*something*" During Finger-to-finger Touching
Jun 06, 2011

This is a physical therapy evaluation.  The audio goes out so all I can hear is the first syllable "dys": "The patient has no dys*something* during finger-to-finger touching." I am totally drawing a blank.  What could this be?  Thanks! ...

Holy Yikes..got An Email From MedQ With All Email Addresses
Nov 17, 2011

I am sure these are closely guarded as they would let MTs actually communicate with each other..and that would be a no no.. MTs might actually band together ...

Reports Not Showing Up
Feb 05, 2010

Doesnt look like the reports are rolling around in DQM for some reason. ...

Schedule Not Showing Up
Aug 25, 2010

Does anyone know if your schedule is not showing up in teamwork if it matters or not??  Since lockout is not in place I do not know if this is a big deal or not.  I It was always there until just recently.  I do have a new ccm so maybe it got lost in the shuffle. TIA ...

What Are These Non-s Markers Showing Up Now? Sm
Oct 31, 2010

Since the new upgrade 3 days ago, the ASR reports are showing continuously these red non-s markers....   Annoying.  And I don't hear in the report any lapses of time.   I thought this was supposed to be something that was manually put in, so my guessing is Yes, we are editing ILP work!!!!   Oh well, I am just ecstatic I now have high speed internet and now no longer at the mercy of dial up on top of NJA and other problems.   I actually do li ...

Is Is Just Me Or Is The Latest Post Showing From Oct 20? Sm
Oct 23, 2009

I just switched browsers to Mozilla Firefox, as I was having trouble seeing the posts at all.....Does anyone else use Firefox and read the board just fine?  I hope I don't have to switch browers again. ...

TW Showing No Schedule After The 15th
Nov 12, 2009

We are almost out of work in an account that rarely runs out of work and I have noticed in my Teamwork there is no schedule for me after the 15th.  Anyone else have no schedule after the 15th?  TY ...

Lines Showing Up Very Slowly In DQM. What Is Going On.
Dec 14, 2009

The reports are just taking about an hour to roll around in DQM.  ...

DQM Not Showing My Reports For A Few Hours
Sep 30, 2010

I am not seeing my reports rolling around into DQM when I look back there.  ...

Excuse Us; Our Expertise Is Showing.
Feb 06, 2012

Just did a VR report where in the lab section, the VR cut off the first bit, but I'll bet most of you could fill in what was missing from context and by just knowing what should be there FROM EXPERIENCE. LABORATORY DATA: _____ 3.5, hemoglobin 9.8, platelets 229.  I think that warrants being paid at least our regular, LOUSY, depreciated rate of 8 bloody cents a line instead of HALF of that.   ...

The Reason They Started Out By Showing Us
Oct 16, 2012

was just to let you know not to go anywhere because eventually they will swallow that company, too. ...

Why Is The DEP Now Showing A Green Light? NM
Nov 26, 2012

x ...

Accounts Not Showing Up In DQM Anymore
Dec 20, 2012

So I usually check my primary account in DQM when I get work from it just to see how much work is in. Yesterday afternoon and all of today DQM was drawing a big blank on those accounts even though I had jobs in my Q. Am I going crazy or possibly is something else going on? ...

Tired Of TMs Showing Vacation Px.
Feb 24, 2014

I am probably just jealous, but I find it hard to be happy for them taking these luxurious vacations when on my wages I am lucky to go to Price Chopper and WalMart.  Tell us you were gone, had a nice time and don't rub it in.  It is not making us feel more friendly and "family like", or at least to me it doesn't.   ...

Last Quarterly Bonus Now Showing In ADP
Jan 28, 2015

D3 (?) Trigger Finger
Nov 16, 2009

What does the D3 stand for?  Is it distal third?  Thanks!!! ...

Finger Pain
Jun 25, 2010

Hi, everyone. I'm sure that this is a common problem in the transcription field, but I was hoping someone had some sort of remedy. I've been typing every day for the past couple of weeks about 9 hours a day and one of my fingers (the one I use for the Backspace key) is really starting to hurt every time I push down on it. It's right at the second knuckle on the digit and it's starting to become problematic. Any suggestions from more experienced MTs? Thanks. ...

Where The Finger Should Point
Jul 20, 2011

So much ire and angst pointed at MTSOs.  I even read where the TAT is a marketing ploy :)   It helps to remember that we're all in the same boat and for the same reasons, to support ourselves. What so many of you don't seem to get is that the INSURANCE industry is dictating much of the TAT.  If reports aren't on a chart in xxx time then the facility/physician is dinged financially. If an MTSO doesn't meet TAT, they are dinged financially.  So they a ...

Finger Into Ileostomy?
Sep 15, 2011

Would a physician insert a finger into an ileostomy to check for problems, or is there some tool that sounds like finger/feeger? Context:  The patient's ileostomy demonstrates minimal output. I did insert a [s/l finger/feeger] to see if there was evidence of continued problems there, and there is a very tight opening through the fascia... ...

Crooked Finger
Feb 04, 2013

Has this happened to anyone else?  My right index finger (the one that operates the arrow keys to navigate the cursor when editing) has become definitely crooked (pointing off to the left).  It doesn't hurt at all.  The left index finger is totally straight and normal.  When I look at it while striking my arrow keys, I can see I'm directing it that way.  It's the only thing I can think of that could have caused this.  Anybody else?  (I'm def ...

No Line Counts Showing Last Hour.....
Jun 07, 2010

Is anybody else having a problem with slow appearing line counts?  I'm really wondering what's going on today.  There's been no CCM or QC emails either.  Very curious!!!  ...

Working And DQM Showing I Transcribe No Lines. Anyone Else Ever Get This? Sm
Mar 31, 2011

I am not a cheater.  I worked on a day that was not my regular day, to make up for a doc appt.  Now I am told I show no lines typed for the 2 hours.  I, like a fool, did not write down my job numbers.  (which they told us to quit).  I am not a dishonest person, I even clock out when I go to the restroom for crying out loud.   So, please MQ, fire me okay.  I can draw unemployment, but you don't want to do that do you.   It is now my word agai ...

Depnow.mmodal Showing Red Light
Feb 05, 2013

depnow still showing red light.  How are you back in, or did you not disconnect from DQS?  Not sure whether to try signing in again or not if the red light is still up. ...

Why Is The Number Of My Speed Showing Red And Not Green?
Apr 09, 2013

The number of my speed 1.2 or 1 is now showing in red.  It used to be green.  Have I just commenced shut down sequence for Fluency or is it not a big deal? ...

Text On Forums Showing Up Weak
Feb 12, 2015

Does anyone know why when I'm typing in the message field here, the font is coming out rather light and choppy? Example: Part of the "f" letter is missing. (All the letters have an issue.) This happens on my computer as well as another computer in my household--so it's not something with just my computer. The Subject field, Nickname/Alias field and E-mail field type out fine. The final product after physically submitting is showing up fine. ...