A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Just curious how many people are working - Sadie

Posted: Mar 17, 2013

I was just wondering if there is anybody at MM who actually never runs out of work.  I keep hearing everybody say they have no work.  For this pay period that just ended I made 33.23 hours and have 8100 lines.  That was all I could get with the NJA situation.  My CCM told us it was because everyone is typing faster with the new version of DQ or whatever.  She said the NJA situation has nothing to do with offshoring and that she was looking into fixing the problem and that other groups are in the same boat.  We are losing 2 of our hospitals next month.  Is anybody making their line counts?  If not, do they say anything about it?

if everyone is faster - then lines per hour have increased

[ In Reply To ..]
have your lines per hour increased? Neither have mine. This is just another excuse they take from the list of excuses handed down from Corporate.

I hear of people who dont run out of work - I was 16 hours short

[ In Reply To ..]
last pay period. TSM says she is "shuffling people around" - another corporate talking point.

Mine have - I was several hours short

[ In Reply To ..]
Like 12 and when I averaged my totals and divided by 80 I was still at over 170 lph..

For me yesterday was the first day - in a while

[ In Reply To ..]
that the work just literally trickled in, and it was coming from accounts I almost never or never get, so my main accounts (5 or 6 at last count) apparently did not have work. I work both weekend days. I figured end of pay period, blah, blah, blah. I also always stay clocked on no matter what, so always get 40 hours whether I am "modaling" or not.

I also think their new graph thingy is kind of screwy, almost always shows I am making 200 give or take LPH even when I am off doing laundry, cleaning toilets, making dinner, watching cat videos, etc. Also shows I have huge amount of mouse clicks sometimes when I almost never use the mouse, but that could be because I do part of my work day on a laptop and use the touch pad a lot.

I gave up looking at line counts ages ago, just go by my little check which seems to be about the same every 2 weeks no matter how hard I think I've "worked" or how much I goof off.

As they say in Bangalore "veddy veddy strange indeed!" I am so glad to be close to "retirement" or I would be completely ashamed to have this joke of a job.

PS: Logged on about an hour now. - and no work!

[ In Reply To ..]
Could something be broken (besides my spirit, that is)? Oh well, guess I'll make an offering to Ganesh, the god who moves all obstacles! Om shanti to all!

according to posts below - your just a bad one!

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry, couldnt resist.

I know its not true!

They don't say anything about you staying logged on? - when no work?

[ In Reply To ..]
I thought we had to log out when no work?

NJA 4 hours into my shift - mom2huskies

[ In Reply To ..]
I guess I am lucky I even got that much time in.

I got a whole 2 hours in - Buy U a drink;Its St Pats Day

[ In Reply To ..]
might as well drink

Sounds good to me. - mom2huskies

[ In Reply To ..]
I could use a good strong drink.

Work?..Yes, I'll take some please! - Amaysn

[ In Reply To ..]
This place is going down and getting worse (3 cheers to outsourcing..hip!..hip!). I have worked here for 7 years. If you don't mind fighting for the scraps that they call work, then I guess it's not bad. Make sure you have plenty of free time in order to work more as you will likely need to make up tons of hours for work that was not available during your contracted scheduling...Unsteady work for over 6 months now (and counting)...at the moment..this company is just a tad too unpredictable for my needs...unfortunately these are facts...and not rants...it is what it is..at this point??..I think I'll take my expertise and abilities elsewhere...and make actual money...

Similar Messages:

I'm Curious To Know How Long People Plan To Stick With OTI
Jan 29, 2013

How much longer will you be able to last if this "slow down" continues?  And will you stay with them if they sell out to another company? ...

Curious About What Type Of Fiesa Scores People Are Getting
Sep 13, 2013

Just curious about what type of Fiesa scores people are getting?  Anyone received any type of formal warning for their scores?  Just trying to figure out how important Fiesa really is to the whole sceme of things. ...

HOW DO PEOPLE GET AWAY WITH NOT WORKING HOLIDAYS???!
Apr 20, 2014

I've been with this stupid company forever. I was told you MUST pick either a Saturday or Sunday to work, NO EXCEPTIONS! I really would like to spend SOME time with my family on Easter Sunday. I know there are A LOT of people on my account. I am doing work from yesterday that should not even by here! Why do I feel like I am one of the few who is threatened about working on the weekends???? ...

What Companies Are People Working At That ARE HAPPY???
Nov 29, 2014

Would like to know what companies some of you are at that are happy? Would appreciate any advice. ...

Working MT From Home A "Hazard" For Single People?
Jun 01, 2010

Right now I'm working inhouse doing MT and I have a part time working from home.  I would like to eventually work from home full-time but someone mentioned to me that because I'm single, I shouldn't do it.  I am aware of the need to have balance of doing MT and interacting with people.  I live alone and I have no pets.   I have plans in mind if I work full-time at home, for ex. volunteer, take a college class, take an exercise class.  I would app ...

People Skills For Work-at-home People
Nov 01, 2010

I have been at home working full time for about a year.  I have been an MT longer, but I always had kept a job outside of the home also because I like interaction with other.  I have found that I am starting to lose my people skills.  Do others have this same problem?  It is like I have forgotten how to really be able to hold a conversation with others.  This is something that really bothers me as I have always loved customer service and working with people and main ...

How Are There People With No Work, And People On
Jul 17, 2013

We have helper pools for a reason!  Sounds like some TSMs need to get to work. ...

When Does Working For 6.5 Cpl VBC Beat Not Working Because Of No Work?!!!!
Oct 09, 2014

d ...

Just Curious, Did Anyone At DTS
Dec 29, 2009

Did any DTS employees get a Christmas gift, bonus or even a card this year?  (obviously I didn't) ...

Just Curious....how Many Of You
Jan 18, 2010

would actually like working over-time on an every single week basis, not just occasionally, but EVER SINGLE WEEK, cutting into your life and trying to plan things around this extra work.  I wouldnt mind once in awhile, but weekly mandatory is killing me.  Opinions welcome! ...

Curious To Know What Others Are Using For
Sep 10, 2010

internet search engine. I have found that Google is causing serious slow down of the computer since upgrading to 6.1 and wondering if this could be the culprit of the problems with 6.1 as when I switched from Google to other search engines I am not having the slow DQS 6.1 problem. Support suggested this when they tried to fix the problems I was having.  I want to know what others have found to be a good search engine for MT other than Google. I don't know why Google would have any ...

MQ CURIOUS
Jan 17, 2011

With FTR still in play and all the other requirements made of us highly-paid MTs, when ASR 4 cpl goes into effect in February, does that mean 3 cpl would still be deducted if our "performance" had to be improved?  Would that mean 1 cpl or, as an example, if an MT produced 1000 ASR lines in one day, would that MT make $10 for a day's work?  TIA ...

I'm Curious About Something - Sm
Feb 20, 2011

Everytime I post a question asking about OSi/Nuance I don't get any answers.  Does anyone know why?  Thanks for your help. ...

Curious About UE
Jul 13, 2011

I have always worked as an employee and about a month ago went to work as an IC, however, the company has now gone under and was wondering since I was an IC at the time, does that mean I cannot get unemployment or can I qualify because I worked as an employee up until a month ago?  Thanks for any advice. ...

Just Curious, How Many Are Doing The F11
Sep 01, 2011

on every ASR report today? ...

Just Curious To Know
Nov 09, 2011

If you had access to an education in any field of your choice and wanted to completely leave transcription, what field would you choose?  (This is not a trick question, just something I have wondered about.  Me, I would choose engineering.) ...

Curious To Know
Jan 05, 2012

Are there any Andrews MT grads out there who cannot land a job, feel unprepared for work, or hate MT?   ...

Just Curious--how Did We All Get Here?
Feb 01, 2012

I had never even heard of medical transcription until 4 years ago when I was invited to a "graduation party" by a friend who had finished her online MT course. How did everyone else get started in this business, both vets and newbies? What was it like before telecommuting opened this field up to so many people? ...

Just Curious - What Are You Doing To Get Yourself
May 30, 2012

x ...

Really Curious
Jun 13, 2012

Are so many of you intent on being miserable that those of us who are not miserable and who are actually doing well are called liars? Why are we "rubbing it in" when we share that there are good gigs out there, that we have one and that we are doing well and yet when you are all spreading your misery, hate, and discontent you're "just telling the truth?" If you're working for a company that pays crap, is it then the company's fault or yours that you don't have a better job? ...

Curious About Something...
Aug 07, 2012

I know why I've been an MT for so long.  I've had long periods in and out of the industry.  I'm on my way out for the final time now.  I've been interviewing and it looks good. My question is this.  Why are YOU an MT?  What is keeping you from getting a good job that pays you what you deserve instead of servant wages?  What is holding you back from your self-respect? With me, it's my bad temperament and my general dislike of people.   ...

OTI- I'm Just Curious And Would Like To Know If Anyone Else At OTI
Feb 25, 2013

gets the feeling they are trying to get you to quit.  ...

Curious About Something
May 22, 2013

When I was hired to this field a million years ago,,,there was flexibility and no vacation days. To me it was a trade off. Now, I have vacation days and the pay is lowered, so I can't afford to go anywhere. Are people willing to say, hey, I'll trade paid vacation for flexibility and better pay? ...

Curious About Something,,,again
May 28, 2013

As I just got of a dictation with variable volumes and of course the eventual hang up with the loud dial tone, seems to me we could make a real good case for a worker's comp hearing loss problem. Not so much to collect now but to make an argument that they need to fix the volume on the system and maybe actually train the doctors to dictate correctly or be liable for lawsuits before we all go deaf. Too late for me, the ringing is staggering at this point. Thoughts anyone ...

Curious About EMR
Nov 26, 2013

Can anyone who has done EMR records tell me, is it that much different than transcribing a document?  The ads that I see where they are hiring for EMR usually want experienced, but doesnt the experience just have to do with learning the platform?  I would love to learn to do EMR, thats why I'm asking.  I'm very experienced in transcription, been a QA for 9 years even, so the transcription part is no concern for me, I'm thinking it is just learning the system, am I r ...

I Am SO Curious!
Mar 26, 2014

Our hospital just went with M*Modal.  We are getting laid off in a couple of months. I am curious to know the answer to this question.  We have three doctors that stand out way ahead of the rest of our doctors with their HORRIBLE dictation.  I MEAN HORRIBLE! However, I have no problem doing the dictation only b/c I have done their work for almost 17 years.  How many transcriptionists or editors or whatever will those particular reports go through when sent to M*Modal before t ...

I Am Curious About Something. Why Would One
May 31, 2014

"friend" tell another their place of employment was great more than likely knowing that when the friend finds out, they will know it is not great.  I can only think of a referral bonus, but I did not think those were given anymore. ...

Curious If RW/JR Still Here?
Mar 21, 2015

Can anybody tell me if RW n JR still here? ...

Just Curious
Jun 01, 2015

Question for QC friends.   Have you resigned yet? I have.  ...

Is Anyone Happy At MQ, Wow. Just Curious
Nov 10, 2009

Been an MT for 12 or so years and I realize what everyone is going through.  Yes line counts are bad, money is bad, but I think every company is the same.  I have been through so many myself.  But we all have a job and that is good right now.  I just want to hear something good about MQ is there anything anyone can tell me. ...