A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What companies are people working at that ARE HAPPY??? - lm

Posted: Nov 29, 2014

Would like to know what companies some of you are at that are happy? Would appreciate any advice.

working for 2 that I am happy with - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
Working for 2. Happy because both are straight typing. Happy because one pays weekly and the other pays every other week. IC status and no set hours. Also, PLENTY of work on both.

What is good for one person, may not be good for another person.

may I ask which companies? - lm

[ In Reply To ..]
May I ask which companies?

Reply to your post - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
United Transcription and New England Medical Transcription, both of whom have had recent ads on various sites. However, I believe their positions have been filled.
Are there any other that you would recommend? - lm
[ In Reply To ..]
Are there any other that you would recommend?
thank you!
No, because there are a number of factors that would come into play - nn
[ In Reply To ..]
I really can't as I have NO clue what your background or level of experience is. Both of the companies that I work for are acute care facilities. If you have only ever done clinic work, then it would be hard for you to possibly test with these companies. Again, what might be a wonderful fit for someone, might not be a wonderful fit for someone else.

Unfortunately now, you just have to learn by "trial and error."
Maybe - try...
[ In Reply To ..]
TransPortal and NEMT. They are both mainly independent contracting positions, but well-established and I've never heard anyone complain about not being paid on time. Also, they are seldom mentioned here.

Keep in mind that there will always be someone who has had an unpleasant experience, but that does not mean that yours will be the same. As long as the complaint does not involve not getting paid, then it would be worth considering.

There are a couple of others I cant think of off the top of my head, but had I not been working would have given them a shot. Also Patient First comes to mind, but they are not a company, they are a string of multispecialty ambulatory care facilities who hire their own MTs. It can be hard to pass their testing, but they are a good place to work for with great benefits and you choose your own schedule and they are all straight typing.
NEMT - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
They just ran an ad on another site about a month or so ago, and I believe those positions have been filled. They are also starting to transition into VR.
It would be worth a shot to apply in case someone didn't work out. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
Did it ever occur to you that they would probably draw from other candidates? - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Did it ever occur to you that they would probably contact other candidates, whom had previously submitted resumes and invite them to test? I was invited to test by the company after submitting my resume and had to pass both the written test and the typing portion of the test. If someone "didn't work out," they would more than likely hire someone whose resume was already on file with them and not run another ad. They generally advertise MAYBE 2 times a year and seem to advertise only if they have a new account coming on board.
I'm sure it "occurred" to that poster. - What a strange thing
[ In Reply To ..]
to say. It doesn't mean that they ABSOLUTELY will. Why would you discourage MTs from sending in a resume if they want to??

2 companies here also - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
For anonymity reason I don't believe in stating names unless it's a company already being talked about.

One FT employee status doing VR and one PT, IC status doing straight typing. The FT is for one of the well-known companies, hardly ever mentioned on MT Stars. And my PT, IC company is *never* mentioned here. My IC company is small though and I actually lucked up on it because they don't advertise which I guess is why the work is fairly plentiful, but we do a good job keeping it within turn-around-time.

2 companies - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
well congratulations to you....... why mention if you are not willing to share info

I can't help but notice that both posters who are happy - have to to work 2 jobs

[ In Reply To ..]
I honestly couldn't say I'd be "happy" if I had to work 2 jobs just to make ends meet. I've been in the business 20+ years and it's only been in the last 5-6 years that I've seen so many people having to work 2 jobs just to get enough work. Sad what the MT world has become.

People in various lines of work besides MT - work 2 jobs. SM

[ In Reply To ..]
Not too long ago I worked for a multispecialty clinic as a medical assistant after leaving MM and picked up my part-time IC job. I knew of about 4 other girls who worked 2 jobs while working there. One girl works in the lab and also works part-time at a grocery store, another medical assistant who happens to be a close friend of mine works part-time at the Dollar Tree, and one of the girls worked at a pizza place part-time. We all worked in various departments, varying years of service to the network, so obviously had different rates of pay.

It is not unusual for people to work more than one job. I would rather work more than one and be comfortable, then struggle and feel sorry for myself and not be doing anything about it. Whatever floats your boat I guess.

That's exactly what I mean, - as you said

[ In Reply To ..]
You have to work 2 jobs, to be "comfortable" and not "struggle". Nobody works 2 jobs because they love it (especially if they have a family or others they want to spend time with), they do it because they need the pay. I don't quite know why you're defending it as a good thing. It was NOT common for an MT (I started in the '80s) to have to work 2 jobs just to make ends meet. Now fast forward and the people who are happy with their companies can't even work for just one, they have to work for two to bring home a dependable paycheck. I'm not saying anything negative about MTs who have do this, I'm making the observation that this career has deteriorated to a point where the only people 'happy' so far on this post have to work 2 jobs.
I was one thar originally mentioned working 2 jobs and being happy - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Even though both of my jobs have plenty of work right now, there could come a time when one of those 2 jobs is very slow. I am my sole support and have no one else to rely on, so yes, I want to make sure that I have some way of making sure my bills are paid.
Of course. I understand completely the necessity - of working 2 jobs in this MT day and age
[ In Reply To ..]
To reiterate, I'm not saying anything negative about MTs who have do this, I'm making the observation that this career has deteriorated to a point where the only people 'happy' so far on this post have to work 2 jobs.
The thread that sparked this one on the main board had happy MTs - working 1 job.
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know what the big deal is whether you work 1 job or 10, who cares as long as you're happy and it works for you.
Umm. This IS the same thread. It was moved from the Main Board - to the Company board.
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know why you would make up the fact that there were "happy MTs working 1 job" that had posted on this thread, but that is not true. I'm sure they exist, but my point was not one has posted (yet).

To explain this thread to you more clearly: OP asked "what companies some of you are at that are happy". One person responded basically that they were happy, had 2 jobs, but they would not answer/share the names of the companies. Another MT responded they were happy, also working 2 jobs, and answered the poster with their companies.

I simply made an observation that, wow, only 2 MTs thus far have responded they were happy and both have to work 2 jobs. Argue all you want, it's a fact, worth mentioning, and I've simply commented on it.
MAKE IT UP?! There is a thread on the main board called "I LOVE MY JOB" - did this thread NOT stem from that?..sm
[ In Reply To ..]
What would be the point in me making that up? You know exactly what I am talking about. Before this thread was moved to the company board, it was posted RIGHT ABOVE THE "I LOVE MY JOB THREAD."

One person in particular states she worked for Nuance and never mentioned working a second job, as a matter of fact, there were others who commented who only worked 1 job. Go back and read the thread. I am not arguing with you, you seem fixated on the fact that nobody can be happy doing this job since you obviously are going through a tough time or having a bad experience.

News Flash - Your experience does not speak for everyone else. Why it's so hard for you to believe that a person could be happy is beyond me. And for the record, I don't slave over 2 jobs. I may work two days a week at my part-time job and that's really not a lot to ask, so its not like its killing me. Granted I can do more and no restrictions are placed on me, but I choose to stick with the minimum so I don't get burnt out.

I am also married and my husband makes reasonable money, but we have bills and I dont mind working extra, especially if it does not require me to get dressed and leave the house and I can do it at my leisure. Why wouldn't I be happy.

You need to go back and re-read the "I love my job thread." and no, I am not the author of the thread, just an observer. I didn't even comment on that one, only this one.
LOL. Now you are shouting? - Reading Comprehension 101
[ In Reply To ..]
I was talking about this thread, the one I commented on, and the one you commented on, which is why my responses are referencing THIS topic. Why would I be referring to some other thread I hadn't posted on (or read)? There are two separate threads, two separate OPs, two separate topics. Hint: That is why that one is still on the Main Board and this has been moved.

You need to take a deep breath and, again, stop making things up. The OP (lm) asked a question. I made an observation on the responses, and you suddenly declare that I'm "going through a tough time or having a bad experience", and that I "can't believe that a person could be happy". I never said any of those things. I never said you or anyone "slaved" over their jobs You're having your own conversation in your head since I never posted anything remotely close to that. Crazy.

Reading Comprehension lesson: AGAIN, to repeat, this is what I said (here on THIS thread where the OP (lm) asked about recommendations for the names of companies where people are happy) "I'm not saying anything negative about MTs who have do this, I'm making the observation that this career has deteriorated to a point where the only people 'happy' so far on this post have to work 2 jobs."

I'm happy in my present position and certainly not going through a "tough time" or "bad experience" and never said anything other than the above posts. It is so bizarre that you made that up. If you are going to get strangely worked up over those few sentences enough to invent things about me in your head - well I'm done responding. I only talk to rational people.
Now see, there you go again telling me I am making things up - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, I got worked up because I hate being called a liar since lying is something I totally despise.

Again, you know full well what I am talking about. Your thread was moved to the company board because you were curious what company the *happy* MTs worked for; THATS HOW YOUR THREAD ENDED UP OVER HERE.

I don't think its rocket science that this thread was in direct reference to the one posted on the main board, which I referred to in my previous post where you accused me of "making things up."

You found it hard to believe that anyone could be happy so you decided to post a thread asking what companies the happy MTs work for. When you received responses from those working 2 jobs, you preceded to question how they could be happy working more than 1 job and tried to debunk them on the sly. Sounds to me like the only one unhappy here is you. Otherwise why waste so much time and energy questioning other peoples happiness and trying to point out reasons why they shouldn't be happy?

Now you are twisting things and telling me I am "making things up." You sound like a real piece of work. Yeah, I guess I did get heated, but done wasting my time now since I would be no better than you to keep going with this nonsense.
The original poster is "lm". You are confused and not making sense (nm) - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
x

For me, its not about having enough work, I *WANT* - 2 concomitant paychecks.

[ In Reply To ..]

What companies - Happy

[ In Reply To ..]
I work for MModal as an MT part-time now and as a dancer at Sinners and Saints as I make way more money dancing.

I am happy. - HMT2

[ In Reply To ..]
I work for Recordsone and I am extremely happy with my job, although my income is only supplemental. Couldn't ask for a better company or platform.

"are you happy?" posts - iveseenitall

[ In Reply To ..]
These type of posts puzzle me. What does a person being happy at a company have to do with giving advice? That's not the way to look for a job, is it?

Similar Messages:

Is There Anyone Working For OTI Who Is Happy?
Feb 28, 2011

I have seen so many unhappy/unsatisfied comments on here about Oracle. I just wonder how they stay in business if there are so many dissatisfied people working or them. ...

Just Curious How Many People Are Working
Mar 17, 2013

I was just wondering if there is anybody at MM who actually never runs out of work.  I keep hearing everybody say they have no work.  For this pay period that just ended I made 33.23 hours and have 8100 lines.  That was all I could get with the NJA situation.  My CCM told us it was because everyone is typing faster with the new version of DQ or whatever.  She said the NJA situation has nothing to do with offshoring and that she was looking into fixing the problem and tha ...

HOW DO PEOPLE GET AWAY WITH NOT WORKING HOLIDAYS???!
Apr 20, 2014

I've been with this stupid company forever. I was told you MUST pick either a Saturday or Sunday to work, NO EXCEPTIONS! I really would like to spend SOME time with my family on Easter Sunday. I know there are A LOT of people on my account. I am doing work from yesterday that should not even by here! Why do I feel like I am one of the few who is threatened about working on the weekends???? ...

Is Anyone Happy Working For Nuance? What About Mmodal? And Why?
Sep 21, 2013

i, too, like a couple others on here right now, am wondering what if any transcription companies still out there are good to work for. ...

Is There Anyone Here Working For Nuance Or MModal Who Is Happy With Their Job? Nm
Nov 06, 2013

, ...

Working For Two Companies
Mar 06, 2011

I currently work full-time for one MTSO and as an independent contractor for two physicians in my area.  I would like to give up this independent contractor work and work 4 hours a day for another MTSO.  Is it acceptable to apply to a second MTSO part-time if they know you are already working full-time and will they accept my application? ...

Working For 2 Companies ??
Jul 13, 2011

Not too computer literate here, so bear with me.  If you have Transcend BeyondText on your computer and want to work for another company also, is there a conflict between these programs on the same computer or something to be on the alert for?  ...

Working 2 Companies ?Wmx And Transcend??
Oct 05, 2011

Anyone working or have worked for both and can give input as to how your earnings vary from one to the other.  I know accounts, etc. make a difference.  I see both companies are hiring and offering about the same wages.  WMX recently bought by Nuance so I am sure things will be changing.   Wondering if work is more stable with one or the other.  Any info helpful in deciding which company to apply to.  TIA for any comparisons between these 2 companies. ...

Why Do All The Companies Have You Working Every Weekend Either Saturday Or Sunday?
May 24, 2010

Why do all the companies have you working every weekend either saturday or sunday?  I would much rather work both sat and sun every other weekend than be tied up every weekend.  Just wondering if anyone knows the reasoning for that. ...

Why Are Companies Stuck On Everyone Working 40 Hours A Week?
Mar 02, 2012

I've got great experience and when I'm scheduled to work, I'm there working.  What the hell difference does it make if I only want to be scheduled for 6 hours on four of my weekdays?  Would they rather I said I would work 8 hours and actually only work 6 like a lot of people? I'm willing to work 10 hours on Sunday, so we're talking 34 hours a week and more if I have the time, and I'm not asking for benefits.  I'm so sick of this job search.  ...

Working MT From Home A "Hazard" For Single People?
Jun 01, 2010

Right now I'm working inhouse doing MT and I have a part time working from home.  I would like to eventually work from home full-time but someone mentioned to me that because I'm single, I shouldn't do it.  I am aware of the need to have balance of doing MT and interacting with people.  I live alone and I have no pets.   I have plans in mind if I work full-time at home, for ex. volunteer, take a college class, take an exercise class.  I would app ...

Why Do People Post "thank You Notes" Here To Their Companies For Christmas Gifts? Sm
Dec 20, 2010

I sincerely doubt that the company big shots are reading the postings here, plus the anonymity wouldn't make your thank you mean much.  I would think it more appropriate to send a handwritten thank you note, which is what I used to do when I worked for TransTech. I'm glad your comany sends you gifts.  In this day and age, most of us are just lucky to have a job.  Still, it kinda rubs it in to those of us who work for Scrooge companies who treat us like piece worker ...

People Skills For Work-at-home People
Nov 01, 2010

I have been at home working full time for about a year.  I have been an MT longer, but I always had kept a job outside of the home also because I like interaction with other.  I have found that I am starting to lose my people skills.  Do others have this same problem?  It is like I have forgotten how to really be able to hold a conversation with others.  This is something that really bothers me as I have always loved customer service and working with people and main ...

Happy Transcriptions Is Still Happy
Aug 19, 2013

Who in their right mind names a company "Happy Transcriptions?" In this day and age, all I see is "sad" MTs and, in my opinion, if "Happy Transcriptions" is still happy, they can only be messing even more with us poor "sad" MTs. All I can say is I am so "happy" I am so close to being on my way out of MT! ...

HAPPY TRANSCRIPTIONS - Not Happy
Nov 10, 2013

Am I the only one who feels that life is not happy at Happy Transcription?  I love the work, but the owner is totally unprofessional and needs to revamp the organization. ...

How Are There People With No Work, And People On
Jul 17, 2013

We have helper pools for a reason!  Sounds like some TSMs need to get to work. ...

When Does Working For 6.5 Cpl VBC Beat Not Working Because Of No Work?!!!!
Oct 09, 2014

d ...

Always See The Companies To Stay Away From, How About Companies To Go To?
Oct 23, 2012

I see many warnings about bogus companies but I need help to steer me to a good company or at least a company that is fair, hiring and gives a fair entrance test.  any ideas?   ...

THERE ARE NO HAPPY MQ MTS OUT THERE?????? NONE????
Dec 08, 2009

nm ...

Happy At TTS
May 03, 2010

I've been at TTS for almost 3 years and I have nothing but positive things to say about TTS.  I never have to guess what TTS expects from me, and I do my best to deliver that on a consistent basis.  Communication flows freely and efficiently.  My team leader and 2 shift leads are EXCELLENT managers in my opinion.  Everything I invest in my job comes back to me and then some.  I can recommend TTS to anybody unapologetically. ...

Happy 10-10-10, Everybody. :)
Oct 10, 2010

x ...

Is Anyone Happy Being An MT
Oct 30, 2010

I am surprised at just how many or your are miserable with what you do.  I am a new MT ans I am also having trouble finding work.  It's not easy.  I can see that having editing to fall back on would be good.  I have read the posts about don't do this just to work from home.  I have small children and my only choice would be daycare if I went to work somewhere, which would eat up half my pay check.  Sometimes it's not just money, sometimes it's fo ...

Is Anyone Actually Happy With VR?
Jul 08, 2011

I've read tons and tons of negative complaints about VR, but are there people out there who actually like it? I'm starting training on a new job this weekend and 90% of it is VR, but all clinic notes, no ops or discharge summaries. It seems like it might easy and a nice change from straight typing for me. Any thoughts? ...

BE HAPPY
Jul 30, 2011

To all of you complainers, and I was one of them.  Be happy you have a job and can work at home.  I was actually bringing myself down with all the complaining.  Hey, things are not what they used to be and complaining just makes it worse.  HAVE A GREAT DAY. ...

Any Happy MTs Out There???
Nov 28, 2011

Hi, everyone.   I was just wondering if there are any MTs out there that are happy with their jobs and are able to make some good money in this profession.  I have read lots and lots of posts, and it seems like a huge percentage of the posts are about how bad people's jobs are and how little money they are making.  I understand people need to vent, but there have to be some MTs that are happy and making money.  I recently graduated from one of the top MT schools and ...

MME: Are There Any Happy MME's Out There?? Considering MME
Jan 06, 2012

nm. ...

TTD, Anyone Happy There?
May 18, 2012

Anyone feel comfortable working there? Getting paid on time and correct amount? It would really help me right now to know this company is legit.  Thanks much. ...

Are There Happy MTs Out There?
May 31, 2012

If so.......who are you working for and is it straight transcription or VR? Employee or IC? Thanks! ...

Happy?
Jun 15, 2012

I am a seasoned (25+ years) transcriptionist who has recently found this site and like it thus far.  I have been looking for supplemental income.  However, there seems to be a lot of negativity regarding at-home transcription jobs.  Is anyone happy at home and with their employer?  If so, what companies are good companies?  I recently tested for M-Modal, but am a little apprehensive after seeing some of these comments.   ...

Is Anyone Happy And Doing Well Here
Jul 01, 2012

I start with MM in a couple of weeks and I just wonder if ANYONE is happy and doing well here.  After reading this forum, I'm a little scared about the choice I made. ...