A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Really curious - productive MT

Posted: Jun 13, 2012

Are so many of you intent on being miserable that those of us who are not miserable and who are actually doing well are called liars?

Why are we "rubbing it in" when we share that there are good gigs out there, that we have one and that we are doing well and yet when you are all spreading your misery, hate, and discontent you're "just telling the truth?"

If you're working for a company that pays crap, is it then the company's fault or yours that you don't have a better job?  And if you are so miserable at the job you have, wouldn't your life be totally enriched by finding another job? 

I do get tired of the "I'm happy" and "you suck because you're happy" threads.  We aren't bragging, we aren't rubbing it in your face, we're sharing that you really can be happy and successful and still be an MT.  Just as much to show you that if you keep looking, the good jobs are there.  No they aren't proliferative and frankly every MT looking for work is going to find one, but why pee in someone's cornflakes because they've managed to stay productive, happy, and profitable?

Im really curious also - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Why do so many of you blissfully ignorant MTs, who happen to be blessed (only currently) with a suitable job, continue to piss and moan about the fact that some of us highly skilled MTs are only making minimum wage at the same damned job where we used to make over $25 an hour! Dont tell me I am not skilled, or tell me to find another job, or tell me to stop pissing in my corn flakes (althought I choose to be heart smart and eat the cheerios)! LET ME BE MISERABLE DARN IT! STOP TRYING TO CHANGE ME. I DONT LOOK GOOD IN ROSE COLORED GLASSES AND DONT WANT NONE OF YOUR HAPPY DRUGS!

Wow you are having a bad day...... - no one

[ In Reply To ..]
Hope it gets better for you.

Yes I am, and thank you very much! - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
:)
I think we can all agree - Dickens
[ In Reply To ..]
Things tend to be going downhill for the industry, and although there are still some good jobs out there, they are fewer and fewer, a trend which will probably continue for a few years and possibly even peter out at some point. That's why people are upset. There is no longevity in this career, and some of us are afraid because we don't know how to do anything else.

Just my thought.

PS--I apologize, I've responded to the wrong person. I meant to respond to the OP.

I am kinda surprised that - has not been deleted yet. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

But that's just it - productive MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I personally don't come on here and negate ANYONE's negative experience. If you are in a crappy situation, I feel it's your right to be as unhappy as you would like. I don't get staying and I don't get the power so many of you seem to hand over, but it's your right to do nothing but complain. I'm okay with that.

But this isn't a forum just for underpaid, unhappy, kvetching MTs. And sometimes, it's nice to hear that there's a reality different than that so many of you are espousing. I have a good job. I make a decent living.

You don't have to wear ANY colored glasses or take any happy drugs. You could just say- Thanks for letting me know there are still good gigs out there.

Instead, you, in true form of the miserable MTs on here, berate me. Whatever floats your boat. I hope some wonderful job comes knocking at your door asking if you are unhappy in your work and want a change. It won't be me knocking cause I'll be busy. But I hope you find something to turn your misery into something less negative.

Happy MT - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
You took the words completely out of my mouth and when I posted yesterday under the forum stating that I was happy and making a good living at 8 cpl, I was surprised to see how many MTs actually came forward to express their happiness as well instead of me being overly bashed for being a liar, which is usually the case. Let them be miserable and us happy folk who know how to look for jobs until we are satisified, will keep being happy since they are too miserable to believe good things are out there and spend too much time moaning and groaning instead of looking!!
Glad you tooting your horn on your gig. No time to boast at 8 cpl. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
You are also knocking others who are telling the truth in this profession. The job has been taken over by injustices. Glad you found what you call a 'gig.' We used to call it a 'career.' 8 cpl used to be gross line and we could never eat corn flakes for that matter--had to type.
Amen, another happy MT - jusst me
[ In Reply To ..]
I enjoyed your posts and you are correct. I have some accounts that pay different than the standard cpl and make great money, tons of work. I have some accounts that pay per procedure and really make great money on that. I had tried hiring other transcriptionists to transcribe these accounts, but because the pay was not cpl, they were so busy bashing me instead of checking it out for themselves.. I can make up to $100 per hour.. other dictators not as much but still... I never run out of work.
OH, WAKE UP FOR GAWWWDS SAKE - UNBELIEVABLE
[ In Reply To ..]
There is no flippin way you make $100 an hour! Gimmie a break! Why, why post such stupidity?
Because it is the truth - another happy MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, I do. Moral of the story: Think outside of the box and try before saying no to a job that pays other than cpl.
OH i know the word I'm looking for! - SMUG
[ In Reply To ..]
Looky looky how much I make. SMUG.
will you shut up about that? - for god sake
[ In Reply To ..]
If we could find jobs that weren't cpl don't you think we would?
see message - another happy MT
[ In Reply To ..]
No I do not, as I actually posted jobs here previously but do not anymore. Instead of anybody actually checking out for themselves if the pay was good, they sat and bashed the pay because it was not the average cpl and per procedure or page, somewhat like radiology reports. I had 3 other facilities available with same set up as the ones I work on. My point is people need to think outside of the box or at least use a calculator to figure out pay before jumping to conclusions everybody is out to rip them off. Also transcriptionists who have been fired for substandard work will not post the truth and say, "Yes, great job and pay, but my work was substandard on numerous occasions, and I made too many mistakes." They usually post a lot of untruths.
well hell hire me then - no subpar work here
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm the best you've ever seen and that's no brag.
See message - another happy MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I will try shoot you an email this weekend. I just turned down several accounts, including an easy ortho earlier this week, but need help on accounts I have and have access to other accounts my clients have, other facilities. A lot of my work is templated and/or canned reports, so ability to follow instructions is important.
8 cpl - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I totally agree with you on the "thinking outside the box." That's why I originally posted about being able to make money with 8 cpl because it can happen. I've applied for the odd jobs...the p.r.n. jobs...the part-time jobs, all the while these jobs were completely bashed on here. I've applied for jobs with people who don't have websites, all the while these people on here are bashing them saying they're not legit. Well if they're not legit, then oh well. All I've sent them is my resume which is information that is available on google if you really wanted to find out about me. I have done this for 11 years and have only had one or two doctors who I have struggled to understand. Otherwise the rest have been "never have to take my hands off the keyboard or foot off the foot pedal" kind of dictators. I don't work on platforms, I don't work in a pool, etc. I am a true IC and work when I want as long as I have work back within turnaround times, etc. I have lost jobs to SR and point and click EMR, but I find new ones and magically (because they don't exist) I find me a new one and a new one and a new one. I will keep thinking outside the box and I will keep making money. I refuse to spend time typing a doctor I can't hear or can't understand. If I get a job and that's what the doctors are like, I move on. If I apply for a job and the test they send me is horrible, I don't continue. If you want to pick that easy ortho job back up, I'll help you out!
let's talk this weekend - also happy MT
[ In Reply To ..]
You and I are a lot a like!

I do not work on a platform or a pool. My clients dictate very clear for me. I do not keep clients who cannot bother to dictate clearly. I have had to build my business back up after losing a major client to EMR. I now have surgery center accounts and the surgeons are so happy with the work that I transcribe several of their offices and have been turning down work left and right. I specialize in clients not going EMR or have gone and would rather have me transcribe the work because they make money being doctors, not typists! Happy as a clam picking up smaller accounts nobody wants because they add up, money is money!
Email me on the ortho account also please - love ortho
[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks.
Email me... I did send you an email but not sure if you got it. - I want to be hired by you!
[ In Reply To ..]
Hi,

I responded to an earlier post and asked that you email me through reply by email here. Please send me an email about your positions available and I would love to work for you. I am very meticulous and detail oriented and am looking for some work where I can make some money.
work - also happy MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I will email you this weekend...late for work today. I have short TATs on my surgery center work but a bit longer on the other workload. I deeply appreciate MTs who pay attention to detail. Thanks!
Thank you so much -- NM - I want to be hired by you!
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
sent an email - another happy MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I just sent you an email, as I was tied up this weekend with work and my mother, who has lung cancer with mets. Where do you live? This question goes to TAT. Thanks!

High 5, agree! - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
Hate what's happened to MT industry but luv your comment!

Curious - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
While MTSOs promised SR would significantly increase MTs production, experienced MTs now struggle to produce the same lph---and now for half the wages. That's called a rip-off. Don't expect ripped-off MTs to welcome ludicrous posts from other supposed MTs claiming "But I've always produced 400 to 500 lph all day, every day. What's the problem." No matter how great the glossary/short-cuts, the MT still hears dictation at the same rate, analyzes the data at the same rate, and now with ever-increasing near-perfection 99% accuracy requirements, proof-reads at the same rate. 400 to 500 lph all day every day? Come on.

Simply not so - hearing and analyzing at the same rate

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm an MT who does 400-500 lph all day, every day. I have for 20+ years. I don't come here and brag about it, but in my world, it's just a fact. I don't need anyone to validate it.

But humans do not hear and analyze at the same rate necessarily and to think they do is highly overrating a lot of transcriptionists.

I'm so hard-wired into this that if you give me a letter to COPY, it would take me forever. Not all MT are like that, just as not all transcribe at the same rate.

And no one is asking anyone to welcome anything, just stop calling us liars. You don't have to welcome me, but you don't have to be rude either. BTW, are we (those who are happy and doing well) supposed to welcome the constant "omigodmylifesuckssobadicantearnaliving" posts??

Productive MT--you are the reason victims of abuse don't come forward. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Many years of experience and abuse. We were also noted to have the most wierd people in our profession. I could never argue that one.

Come on, this person isn't telling people not to complain - they are just wondering why, sm

[ In Reply To ..]
they don't get the same respect when they say they are happy with their situation. There is no comparison here between victims of abuse and MTs who chose to continue in a job that they do not like or are not making enough money at or an MT who is telling everyone she is happy in her situation. Believe me, my resume is long as I have jumped ship when need be.

continuing in a job - reasons

[ In Reply To ..]
There are just too many reasons one can stay in a job for longer than need be. I have been at my job for 15 years. I stay because I have been taught longevity on a job is an asset. Who knew? I firmly believe that if you are straight typing now, it is short lived, and I cant see chaning jobs and then going backwards again.

I do believe my job has become stagnant, and I am bored, but who is anyone to tell me it is time to move on. Maybe it is, maybe I believe that the whole MT world is coming to an end and I just need to search my soul for a bit to find out where I want to go.

I am so tiree of people saying "just leave, find a new job, move on." It is not that simple.
I didn't tell you to leave and move on, I said I did - that worked for me, nm
[ In Reply To ..]

Looks to me like they are coming forward every day, read the boards - now taking action might be, sm

[ In Reply To ..]
another story. I complain all the time about my job, just because it really does suck now and I used to like it, but I do what I have to do to put food in my children's mouths. I have to say though that I would definitely not take some of the abuse that I have read about from some of these MTSOs ever. I just don't apply for jobs with those companies. I have a list of standards for any company that I will work for and go by that list as anyone should. If the list starts getting short, I know it's time to leave.

Leaving, not leaving, complaining/happy - beentheredonethat

[ In Reply To ..]
Changing jobs is *just not that simple.* Of course it's not simple! It's never simple to look for and change jobs. The comparison to abuse is made because there comes a point in a person's life when they don't want to put up with abuse/crappy job and change...push thru the fear and apprehension and take a chance.

makes no sense - productive mt

[ In Reply To ..]
I actually work with victims of abuse in another part of my life. You can validate one's experience without having to live in it or them stay stuck in it.

What happens here is someone "abused" starts to complain and lots more jump on and say oh yes, poor you, you're so right, big, bad mean life that's done this to you.

Do you think those people who thrive after abuse do so because they heard nothing but commiseration and had people piling on telling them how abused they were? No, they are the ones who look around and realize there is a more POSITIVE aspect to life out there.

I'm not beating anybody up and like I said, you have the right to be as unhappy as you'd like to be. When it becomes a lifestyle, however, maybe it's time to look at some alternatives.

I've made my point, homeostasis shall resume.

now THAT is ridiculous - and abusive itself - so far gone

[ In Reply To ..]

I'm not extremely happy with my job, but - I am making a decent living, sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I have a whole list of things that have changed in the past 2 years that I wish were the same, but for the most part, I am making a living and paying my bills. I do straight transcription but wish it paid what I used to make years ago. I am not bragging either when I say I type 300-400 lph every hour for an 8 hour shift. I am just stating the facts of my own situtation. When I worked in an office, I saw this kind of thing from other MTs who would not produce. It wasn't that they couldn't produce, they just spent time doing other things, i.e., on the phone, talking in the hallway, and less time actually typing. I attribute my success to actually sitting in my chair and pounding on the keyboard for 8 hours. If I take a phone call or get interrupted, I make sure I make up the time I spent doing other things so that I get in the lines that I need to make some money.

Don't agree with the liar threads either but... - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I can't figure it out when someone posts "please recommend some good companies to work for" and the response is "I make great money but I'm not telling you where or how I do it". That IS bragging, rubbing it in, etc. Why bother to do that if doesn't help the OP? It is just a way to gloat.

I DO NOT think those who are making good money are liars. Personally, I think if you've been in this industry for years, 300 lines per hour (especially with expander programs) should be the average an MT does. Obviously this doesn't count in flipping through pages of specifics, typing in or researching unpaid demographics, speed of program, unfamiliarity with accounts so you have to constantly look up city spellings, google doctors' names, etc. Someone said yesterday platform and companies do not matter, it's your ability and if you type fast you'll make good money anywhere you go. That was uninformed and ridiculous.

This is a MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTION Board. Yes, I can see if someone was personally asked by their company not to recommend it because it's small and will be overwhelmed with resumes, but that would be unusual. But why do 99.9% of MTs refuse to give their company good press? Very strange, and makes me suspicious. You'd think you'd see more friendly, helpful, informative posts such as "I make good money where I work at xxxx. It's a small family-owned company who care, we do straight typing with incentives and I have assigned accounts, etc. They're not hiring now, but good luck!". THAT is what is helpful, not "my job is great, but it's a secret, and if you're not making the money I am it's because you don't have a good work ethic".

If someone asks if you are making good money, or tips to improve productivity, or are you happy with this career, yes of course, post away positive comments. It gives MTs hope that it can be possible outside of some of these corporate MTSOs. But why so many of you respond in that way to someone who is asking for help in their situation , or looking for a good company, or venting about a bad day - that is what rubs people wrong.

I agree - productive MT

[ In Reply To ..]
with a lot of your points.

When asked, I've said who I work for. I work for MD-IT and for Transportal. Both good companies. I do both so when the work load fluctuates I still get a full day in. When they are both hopping that's challenging but doable.

I've done this for many years and do have shortcuts galore which helps. I have experience in every specialty so there's no need to look up stuff 99% of the time. I've summarized my account specs into a notebook so if I have to find something I just open the book and it's easily accessible. After being on an account for a while, you know what specs are used and the ones that generally aren't. For one company, I cover four different accounts and I often need a quick refresher of things like date format etc.

Again, not knocking anyone for being miserable, just don't get it. If I was sitting in a sinking boat, I wouldn't wait until the water was over my head before I decided I'd best move on. (And I'm not telling anyone to quit, change jobs, blah blah. For ME, I can't wait until I'm going under (and I've been there with some of the larger companies).

HOWEVER, you do have to kiss a lot of frog MTSOs to find the good ones. And when someone says - Tell me a good company to work for, I cringe. First, nothing like screaming - do the leg work for me. Second, what I think is good, you might hate. I like working a weekend day. Many hate it. I like a service that leaves me alone, some feel like that's just wrong. So our "good" would be defined differently.

I found the companies I work for by a lot of trial and error. You only find what works for you when you take the risk. I don't like when someone thinks it's okay to take my risk and skip their own.

I think we can all agree - Dickens

[ In Reply To ..]
Things tend to be going downhill for the industry, and although there are still some good jobs out there, they are fewer and fewer, a trend which will probably continue for a few years and possibly even peter out at some point. That's why people are upset. There is no longevity in this career, and some of us are afraid because we don't know how to do anything else.

Just my thought.

PS--I'm sorry to have posted this twice, but I responded to the wrong person the first time.

Happy people sometimes afraid to share their company names. sm - This is what I am curious about.

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't diss people that are happy with their jobs. What does irk me is that most who post here are not willing to say the name of the company that they are so happy with, usually because they claim to be worried about overhiring. Heck....when I was happy at WMX, I would post here when people asked about them and even at times recommended them to people looking for a company. It is called sharing.

So, that is what bothers me when I see posts about how happy people are...the lack of willingness to share the name of their employer. Also, happy people rarely post what their gig is. Are they IC, employee, full or part-time, doing acute care or clinic. Just my 2 cents. Glad for all the happy folks. I'm retiring soon, so not looking for a new gig.

WHY is this on Company board?? sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
This kind of endless pointless nonproductive thread is why I avoid reading the main board. I come here to read/talk about specific companies, get info, etc. Am I wrong or shouldn't all this really general stuff be on the main board??

thank you Moderator for moving this to Main board!! - nm anon

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

I agree that there are people - happy

[ In Reply To ..]
but I also feel if you are going to come on a public forum and advertise your happiness when the majority of MTs have not been that fortunate, you should be willing to at least share the name of the company you are happy at -- if you share your pay rate, etc., share the name of the company--that is the only thing that bothers me---and no I'm not looking for another position right now but I'm sure a lot of people are--- and we need to stick together and help each other!

To: Really Curious - Productive MT - BRAVO! Excellent post - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Productive this is why - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
because you NEVER miss an opportunity to tell us how much money you make. Because you turn EVERY conversation into an opportunity to tell us how much money you make. Yes, you're happy. We got it. so stop telling us about it.

To: ... this is why - happy where I am

[ In Reply To ..]
By using the word "you" in your post, it gives the appearance of singling 1 person out. Did it ever occur, that there must might be more than 1 person pleased with what they do and who they are doing it with? Unfortunately, when one states facts, you call it bragging. Must be horrible to be so miserable....
I'm not miserable - please see message
[ In Reply To ..]
actually I'm not too unhappy at all. But have you ever gone to dinner or out for drinks with someone who never fails to tell you how much they make? It's like that.
I mean can't you just say - I am happy, doing alright
[ In Reply To ..]
and leave it at that without telling us how much you make? would your mom like you to do that?

Just because you're not doing well in this biz - Quit dragging us down

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm sick of all the negative posts and how people only make minimum wage, yada yada. I personally want to hear from other people who are doing as well as I am to know that MT is NOT DEAD, that MT is continuing to be a lucrative career, etc. I'm tired of hearing from all the naysayers who call us liars because some of us are succeeding. Some of you tell us successful MTs who jump onto boards that if we don't like what we are reading, then go somewhere else...well same goes. If you don't like the "bragging" then go somewhere else and let us successful MTs have a conversation. We aren't "bragging" either, we are trying to let you unhappy MTs know that good things still exist and quit "settling" for what you are doing!!
Yes, this career is still flourishing, doing quite well and happy - Happy MTer here!
[ In Reply To ..]
Happy here and worked hard to get there. There is still money to be made in this career. For the transcriptionists not happy with their jobs, keep looking or better yet, start up your own business or obtain your own clients. Quite frankly, it will gie you more satisfaction than working for nationals plus you control your prices (to some degree), control sound quality, workflow, control getting paid, and can become more productive transcribing the same accounts and dictators. No platforms to deal with... I am very happy but... I have had to rebuild my business all over again after EMR took my biggest clients. Hard work now paying off. I want to also hear from happy MTs and how they got there, obtain or kept their clients happy, success stories and not people who always claim they are getting ripped off by so and so and QA is too picky, etc. In real life, clients are real picky. If the job is that bad, apply for others and keep trying...

Happy or mad and resentful - blondy

[ In Reply To ..]
Do you know what I think it is? It is easier to be unhappy and just resigned to ones lot in life than to make an effort and be positive. Life's not fair. A concept most people refuse to accept.

Cheers! - Nowherebear

[ In Reply To ..]
Good for you for enjoying your work and having a great gig. **** anyone who tells you there's anything wrong with what you're doing, how you're doing it.

Similar Messages:

Just Curious, Did Anyone At DTS
Dec 29, 2009

Did any DTS employees get a Christmas gift, bonus or even a card this year?  (obviously I didn't) ...

Just Curious....how Many Of You
Jan 18, 2010

would actually like working over-time on an every single week basis, not just occasionally, but EVER SINGLE WEEK, cutting into your life and trying to plan things around this extra work.  I wouldnt mind once in awhile, but weekly mandatory is killing me.  Opinions welcome! ...

Curious To Know What Others Are Using For
Sep 10, 2010

internet search engine. I have found that Google is causing serious slow down of the computer since upgrading to 6.1 and wondering if this could be the culprit of the problems with 6.1 as when I switched from Google to other search engines I am not having the slow DQS 6.1 problem. Support suggested this when they tried to fix the problems I was having.  I want to know what others have found to be a good search engine for MT other than Google. I don't know why Google would have any ...

MQ CURIOUS
Jan 17, 2011

With FTR still in play and all the other requirements made of us highly-paid MTs, when ASR 4 cpl goes into effect in February, does that mean 3 cpl would still be deducted if our "performance" had to be improved?  Would that mean 1 cpl or, as an example, if an MT produced 1000 ASR lines in one day, would that MT make $10 for a day's work?  TIA ...

I'm Curious About Something - Sm
Feb 20, 2011

Everytime I post a question asking about OSi/Nuance I don't get any answers.  Does anyone know why?  Thanks for your help. ...

Curious About UE
Jul 13, 2011

I have always worked as an employee and about a month ago went to work as an IC, however, the company has now gone under and was wondering since I was an IC at the time, does that mean I cannot get unemployment or can I qualify because I worked as an employee up until a month ago?  Thanks for any advice. ...

Just Curious, How Many Are Doing The F11
Sep 01, 2011

on every ASR report today? ...

Just Curious To Know
Nov 09, 2011

If you had access to an education in any field of your choice and wanted to completely leave transcription, what field would you choose?  (This is not a trick question, just something I have wondered about.  Me, I would choose engineering.) ...

Curious To Know
Jan 05, 2012

Are there any Andrews MT grads out there who cannot land a job, feel unprepared for work, or hate MT?   ...

Just Curious--how Did We All Get Here?
Feb 01, 2012

I had never even heard of medical transcription until 4 years ago when I was invited to a "graduation party" by a friend who had finished her online MT course. How did everyone else get started in this business, both vets and newbies? What was it like before telecommuting opened this field up to so many people? ...

Just Curious - What Are You Doing To Get Yourself
May 30, 2012

x ...

Curious About Something...
Aug 07, 2012

I know why I've been an MT for so long.  I've had long periods in and out of the industry.  I'm on my way out for the final time now.  I've been interviewing and it looks good. My question is this.  Why are YOU an MT?  What is keeping you from getting a good job that pays you what you deserve instead of servant wages?  What is holding you back from your self-respect? With me, it's my bad temperament and my general dislike of people.   ...

OTI- I'm Just Curious And Would Like To Know If Anyone Else At OTI
Feb 25, 2013

gets the feeling they are trying to get you to quit.  ...

Curious About Something
May 22, 2013

When I was hired to this field a million years ago,,,there was flexibility and no vacation days. To me it was a trade off. Now, I have vacation days and the pay is lowered, so I can't afford to go anywhere. Are people willing to say, hey, I'll trade paid vacation for flexibility and better pay? ...

Curious About Something,,,again
May 28, 2013

As I just got of a dictation with variable volumes and of course the eventual hang up with the loud dial tone, seems to me we could make a real good case for a worker's comp hearing loss problem. Not so much to collect now but to make an argument that they need to fix the volume on the system and maybe actually train the doctors to dictate correctly or be liable for lawsuits before we all go deaf. Too late for me, the ringing is staggering at this point. Thoughts anyone ...

Curious About EMR
Nov 26, 2013

Can anyone who has done EMR records tell me, is it that much different than transcribing a document?  The ads that I see where they are hiring for EMR usually want experienced, but doesnt the experience just have to do with learning the platform?  I would love to learn to do EMR, thats why I'm asking.  I'm very experienced in transcription, been a QA for 9 years even, so the transcription part is no concern for me, I'm thinking it is just learning the system, am I r ...

I Am SO Curious!
Mar 26, 2014

Our hospital just went with M*Modal.  We are getting laid off in a couple of months. I am curious to know the answer to this question.  We have three doctors that stand out way ahead of the rest of our doctors with their HORRIBLE dictation.  I MEAN HORRIBLE! However, I have no problem doing the dictation only b/c I have done their work for almost 17 years.  How many transcriptionists or editors or whatever will those particular reports go through when sent to M*Modal before t ...

I Am Curious About Something. Why Would One
May 31, 2014

"friend" tell another their place of employment was great more than likely knowing that when the friend finds out, they will know it is not great.  I can only think of a referral bonus, but I did not think those were given anymore. ...

Curious If RW/JR Still Here?
Mar 21, 2015

Can anybody tell me if RW n JR still here? ...

Just Curious
Jun 01, 2015

Question for QC friends.   Have you resigned yet? I have.  ...

Is Anyone Happy At MQ, Wow. Just Curious
Nov 10, 2009

Been an MT for 12 or so years and I realize what everyone is going through.  Yes line counts are bad, money is bad, but I think every company is the same.  I have been through so many myself.  But we all have a job and that is good right now.  I just want to hear something good about MQ is there anything anyone can tell me. ...

Curious About Pay Structures
Dec 30, 2009

I have been a transcriptionist for 10 years and on my current account for almost 2.  Recently a LOT of changes have happened at the acct. manager level, and everybody is looking to me for help getting things under control and have also started asking me to do QA.  However, I still get paid to type by the line and a flat rate per report QA'ed.  I find I can't make ANY money doing QA since its a flat rate and I don't get paid at all to help people answer questions.&nb ...

Curious - Have Questions
Feb 10, 2010

I have a few questions about VR. Does the dictation translated by VR need limits on how fast the dictation is spoken, or can the audio be slowed down to accomodate? On what sort of dictation will VR not work? If you use VR presently, do you feel you could transcribe and proof faster uisng straight transcription instead? If you have experience with VR, how confident are you that VR will eventually be used for all medical dictation? I find it interesting that VR is pushed so much more in our ...

Curious. Those With No Work....
Aug 11, 2010

I see MQ'ers here complaining a lot about having no work and even asking if they can get unemployment. I'm curious why you don't go to another company when you have no work, or go to another company rather than try to get unemployment? Why stay with a company you obviously hate so much? ...

Anyone Know Anything About ProScript? Just Curious
Sep 08, 2010

I haven't heard much about them. ...

Also Curious About When They Ask For Proof Of
Oct 28, 2011

elibility to work here in the US.  What do they need to see to prove I can work here? ...

So, Ok, Starting A New Job And Curious To Know,
Apr 26, 2012

or just that of a few companies out on an anallimb, because after many years in the buisness, this the first time it was asked of me -- to get my IDs witnessed and notarized.  Just wondering what's up with that?  Overprotective or wave of the future?   ...

Just A Curious Thing...
Jul 26, 2012

Okay, I'm sure this is just a telemarketing coincidence of some sort, even though I'm also on the do-not-call list; however, last night I arrived home to find a message from JP Morgan (so said my caller ID anyway) something about some important information, and to please call them back at a number they left and refer to number "tree, tree, tree" something or other.  The person is such a heavy (female) ESL that I can barely decipher ANYTHING being said.  Sure, I'm gonna g ...

Curious Question
Aug 08, 2012

I have kind of a silly question I can't seme to find the answer to. I need to know how to add a note to the dr on a transcription. Is it as simple as just sticking a post it on the report? ...

I Am Curious If Anyone Who Has Asked Has Ever
Sep 02, 2012

received a response as to why they were not given a job or even given the chance to test.  I never have.  ...