A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

HOW DO PEOPLE GET AWAY WITH NOT WORKING HOLIDAYS???! - 7th child

Posted: Apr 20, 2014

I've been with this stupid company forever. I was told you MUST pick either a Saturday or Sunday to work, NO EXCEPTIONS! I really would like to spend SOME time with my family on Easter Sunday. I know there are A LOT of people on my account. I am doing work from yesterday that should not even by here! Why do I feel like I am one of the few who is threatened about working on the weekends????

I know what you mean! - Depressed

[ In Reply To ..]
I have not had 1 single holiday off in over 4 years. I think some people just call in sick and take it off. :(

I don't care about working holidays - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I do care about working every weekend without a pay differential. Anyway, it's not right for you, you have family you want to spend time with. My kids are grown. You'd think the big brains at Nuance who can figure out how to gyp us out of every penny could come up with a schedule that was fair to folks like you.

I don't care about working... - catherine

[ In Reply To ..]
how is it NOT fair to "folks like you"...when everyone works at least one weekend day. Do you really think Nuance...or anyone else...gives a rip if you have a family...or a dog...or dreams, hopes and aspirations of your own? Please. You give them wayyyyy too much credit. Oh and BTW...I work straight M-F and no weekends and I work for Nuance. how did that happen? NO IDEA. But that's my schedule.

"when everyone works at least one weekend day" nm - Office girl

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

that's my schedule too - day shift. nm - mt2

[ In Reply To ..]
x
I work both weekend days - nn
[ In Reply To ..]
I volunteered to work both Saturday and Sunday and don't mind. My kids are grown, live far away, and it's just me and my DH. Holidays for us are very low key. In fact, since I started in this field 4 years ago I've worked Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years all 4 years. I'm hoping someone else might get to spend those days with their family who otherwise might not. Cheers.

Mon-Fri for me........ - NTS MLS

[ In Reply To ..]
When I was hired on I asked for weekends and they told me I could have them as long as I was willing to work a later shift...2p to 10p, which ends up earlier since I am on the west coast, so I didn't think that was so bad. I have been asked a couple of times to give up my weekends, but I won't. I will, however, work overtimes some weekends. Sorry your shift did not work out.

Similar Messages:

I Am Not Working Any More Holidays!
Oct 23, 2010

Got denied for Thanksgiving request.  I have put my life on hold for this company for 15 years.  I have missed Christmases, Thanksgivings, family functions and fireworks and for what? To sit at my desk and wait for the work to trickle in? Or no jobs at all.    I am not working another single holiday for this company. Let the Indians work them. I am not even sending in a request for them; I am just going on with my plans. What are they gonna do, send my work to India? Fi ...

Working Holidays As An Employee (sm)
Oct 05, 2010

I have never been "required" to work holidays as a SE or IC, so I am wondering how the work loads are when you are an employee.  I was recently offered a PT job as an employee, but I was told if I was scheduled to work, I would have to work.  Well this year would have been both Thanksgiving and Christmas, which would really put a damper on my family gatherings.  Checking in every few hours would not be a problem, but actually missing Thanksgiving dinner at my mom's would be d ...

Hypocracy Of MTs Working On Holidays
Jan 02, 2012

Dictator apologized to the family for not spending more time with them when they found out a young loved one had terminal cancer. 12/24 visit. I seriously had to get up and walk around and cry before I could finish the report. My best friend was diagnosed with the same disease before Thanksgiving last year. Her demise was inevitable, but what was left of her quality of life was compromised by the lack of health care personnel, including her PCP, during to the holidays. I find it ironic that ...

Question About Working Holidays...
May 28, 2012

If you run out of work for over 15 minutes, you're supposed to fill out a ticket & take the rest of the day off, without even checking to see if work comes in later?  Won't they be mad that you didn't check back since it's a holiday?  But then on the other hand, if they've made you clock out & take PTO instead, then I guess you couldn't check back even if you wanted to...?  I don't really understand the point in making everyone work holid ...

WORKING MAJOR HOLIDAYS
Nov 07, 2014

Now that the holiday season is upon us many MLSs and MTs are required to work Thanksgiving and/or Christmas Day, I am wondering if coders are doing the same? Thinking of making a career change.  ...

Hard Thiing About Working Holidays
May 26, 2014

Hard to sit here and work on acounts I have not done in a very LONG time while family is getting ready to leave for a cook-out.  Imagine work will run out mid-shift but too late for me to go to cook-out.  That's the hard thiing about working holidays.  Oh well, it least it helps pay some of the bills. ...

Just Curious How Many People Are Working
Mar 17, 2013

I was just wondering if there is anybody at MM who actually never runs out of work.  I keep hearing everybody say they have no work.  For this pay period that just ended I made 33.23 hours and have 8100 lines.  That was all I could get with the NJA situation.  My CCM told us it was because everyone is typing faster with the new version of DQ or whatever.  She said the NJA situation has nothing to do with offshoring and that she was looking into fixing the problem and tha ...

What Companies Are People Working At That ARE HAPPY???
Nov 29, 2014

Would like to know what companies some of you are at that are happy? Would appreciate any advice. ...

Working MT From Home A "Hazard" For Single People?
Jun 01, 2010

Right now I'm working inhouse doing MT and I have a part time working from home.  I would like to eventually work from home full-time but someone mentioned to me that because I'm single, I shouldn't do it.  I am aware of the need to have balance of doing MT and interacting with people.  I live alone and I have no pets.   I have plans in mind if I work full-time at home, for ex. volunteer, take a college class, take an exercise class.  I would app ...

People Skills For Work-at-home People
Nov 01, 2010

I have been at home working full time for about a year.  I have been an MT longer, but I always had kept a job outside of the home also because I like interaction with other.  I have found that I am starting to lose my people skills.  Do others have this same problem?  It is like I have forgotten how to really be able to hold a conversation with others.  This is something that really bothers me as I have always loved customer service and working with people and main ...

Why Do They Always Do This Right Before The Holidays?
Nov 24, 2009

Just got word from the hospital where my full-time coding job is that we will be laying off and/or terminating employees, eliminating positions and changing others.  Why, oh why, do companies always do this around the holiday time? It gets more and more sad and more frightening daily, doesn't it, seeing more and more good people out of work and such a lack of prospects for employment.   ...

You Can Tell Holidays Getting Near, NJA Again
Nov 15, 2013

I usually never have NJA but in the past two weeks, have had it 2 times. ...

Holidays In India
Aug 03, 2010

Here's a link to holidays in India.  My opinion?  Don't work on these days.  It's the closest thing you can get to a strike.  Could be interesting.  http://www.travelindia-guide.com/holiday_calendar.aspx   ...

Crappy Holidays To Us All
Sep 30, 2010

Just got the email today that effective 10/01/2010, my MTSO (whom I will not name) will no longer be paying holiday pay (aka 1.5 cpl) for any holidays anymore b/c of "the economy." R U *** kidding me? First of all, I thought that the recession was officially over in 2009, but I could be mistaken. Secondly, I know holiday pay and OT and all that is a "perk" and not required by law to pay us, but yet they expect us MTs, er me, to work all major holidays for the same crappy cpl as always ...

Happy Holidays To All
Dec 18, 2010

I don't post here often but do read.  No matter what our differences or opinions when it comes to MQ, we all have it in common and sometimes it's just nice to know that you are all there with that common bond.  So, thank you and I hope you all have a wonderful holiday and a bright new year.  Jaybee ...

Never Got So Much As A Happy Holidays From The Q.
Jan 06, 2011

I don't need some gift (that wasn't worth the money they paid postage on). It just would have been nice to at least send out a company email wishing us a happy holidays. That would have only cost them the money it would have taken some salaried person to type it up and sned it out which is really nothing as that person would have been paid whether they did that or not. Guess 'cause we're an Indian company and that is not one of their holidays. What would have been appreci ...

Increased Pay On Holidays
Oct 26, 2011

Does anyone know if you get time and a half for work on holidays? ...

Paid Holidays??
Jan 02, 2012

Hey MQ Mt's, Does anyone know if we get paid time and a half for New Year's Day?   Couldn't find it on MQ Central.  Thanks!  ...

Keystrokes Holidays
Apr 04, 2012

Does anyone know what the paid holidays are at Keystrokes?  Thanks!! ...

How Does The Holidays Work Here?
May 23, 2012

The only 2 I want off are Thanksgiving and Christmas.  How do they pay you?  Minimum wage for 8 hours?   ...

Question On Holidays.
Oct 10, 2012

Happy Holidays Everybody!
Dec 19, 2012

Just wanted to say Happy Holidays to everybody and hope they have a great time and a great holiday! This was our first time decorating and shopping as well as sending cards and stuff in over 7 years due to severe pain and financial issues. It feels so good to do normal things during the holiday this year, although it took numerous doctors appointments to do so. I felt so good when my cousin emailed me that my grandma was searching her mailbox everyday and nobody had sent a card yet, but me... s ...

Happy Holidays Everyone!
Dec 26, 2012

I hope all of you have a nice holiday with your family.  I know times can be hard, especially with work, but keep in mind that family is important and enjoy them while you can cause you never know when that will change in a just a moment.  I hope your new year will be better for all of us.  I wish for work for everyone.  hugs for all of you! ...

Mmodal Holidays
Jul 24, 2013

I thought 4th of July was one.  I can't find them, looking in Ultipro. ...

Upcoming Holidays
Sep 27, 2013

Becoming a little/lot concerned.  Realizing that we wiill have low work.  Don't have much PTO built up because of having to use it for prior NJA.  Wondering what will happen.  I think a lot of us are in this same boat.  We don't have much or none at alll built up and there will be little to no work.  ARGH!!!!!!  Another layer of stress. ...

How Are There People With No Work, And People On
Jul 17, 2013

We have helper pools for a reason!  Sounds like some TSMs need to get to work. ...

Joyous Holidays Transcend
Dec 17, 2009

Thank you for keeping me informed of the travels and adventures of Transcend.  I am delighted that I have worked so diligently this year (when there has been enough work for me) to enable you to afford to take this coast-to-coast trip.  I am sure you economized as much as you could by staying at low cost motels/hotels, eating at very inexpensive restaurants, and using economy/red-eye flights and that you impressed your future investors by displaying your very thrifty side by havin ...

Just Got My First Happy Holidays From A Dictator
Nov 22, 2010

It's the little things that make a difference in your day. ...

From Post Below About India Holidays.
Oct 07, 2011

Supposedly, Obama WAS hoping to make Indian markets accessible for American businesses, to help create jobs in the U.S.  ARE YOU KIDDING ME????  Obama is not helping us, but doing the opposite.  This is during the time MQ MTs had to work because MTs in India had a Holiday, FOR 5 DAYS.   We are lukcy to get Thanksgiving off and when we are scheduled to work??  WE HAVE NO WORK.  Obama's India Visit Coincides With National Holiday Posted by ryang on Nove ...

Holidays For Nuance-Work Or Take PTO
Dec 23, 2011

My company was bought by Nuance.  We are now told we either have to work entire shift on a holiday or take PTO.  Is everyone being told this?  Are the other big companies going this route too?  It was bad enough having hlidays with no pay, but now, to work or take what little PTO is accumulated?  Any suggestions!  Merry Christmas to all!   ...