A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Acusis Meeting - Miss Manners

Posted: Nov 02, 2010

Well now, don't all we US MTs at Acusis feel better after our quarterly meeting? After being informed of all the new accounts signed on, we are told that, of course, they are going to India. But this quote they left us with should soothe us. "In times of great change the learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves uniquely equipped to operate in a world that no longer exists." KMA!

I guess you have to applaud their honesty, but that bites. sm - LTMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I thought they sounded like a good company, and I almost went to work for them a couple of years ago. Guess they are no better than anyone else. :(

Acusis is just another Indian parasite on America. - (Now where is my bug spray?) nm

[ In Reply To ..]
X

Didn't they tell us recently that WE would be - working on those new accounts?

[ In Reply To ..]
That quote shows their true intentions, doesn't it? I've been certain for quite some time now, that they are pushing the experienced (or "learned") MTs out, in favor of..... newbies and INDIA. What a sorry excuse for an employer.

The thing is, the clients have the ability to choose US - MTs if they want.

[ In Reply To ..]
Or they can use India MTs. Of course it is less if they choose India MTs, but the choice is the client's.

There was some radiology account that was supposed to be for US MTs, but I don't know what has happened with that. I was discouraged on the last call when they said they would not be seeking new work for US MTs. It shows where the profit margin is biggest.

Anyone else notice how work seems to be drying up at what should be a busy time?

My gut feeling is that US MTs were an "experiment" - that failed; back to all-India soon. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Only a portion of 1 new account would go to US . . . - s/m

[ In Reply To ..]
from what I remember a few months ago . . and rest would be off-shored, nothing new there. But that's what the clients want - cheaper prices to help a facility's bottom line . . . don't like it either, but transcription has been changing for years and not in our favor. We have to change with it - technology, schedules, etc, or just get out of the business. The quote at the end of the call today is just reality.

It may be reality, but it's not morally right. - Once a parasite, always a parasite.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Miss Manners - Nick

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank heavens I do not work for Acusis or I would be furious. I think that last remark is what a psych professor I once had would call a "polite **** you." That is what they are saying to the workers. And while we are on the topic of India, just a reminder to all the AHDI is in favor of offshoring. Just saying.

If I lose my job to India, I will make it my life's - mission to get AHDI investigated by govt. nm

[ In Reply To ..]

If you lose your job, you'll have time to finally get - acquainted with the world you live in. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x
Precisely. I'll start by getting acquainted with - labor watchdogs & govt. first. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
RE: Acusis Meeting - Miss Manners
[ In Reply To ..]
All of the responses to my post are accurate. This is the world we live in. BUT, I have decided that rather than be Reactive, I am choosing to be Proactive. I am making a concerted effort to find an MT job with a 100% United States of America owned and operated company and choosing NOT TO CONTINUE TO FEED THE MACHINE. I can bitch all I want and continue where I am at because it is "comfortable," because I have PTO accumulated, because my supervisor is good to me, because I have always gotten time off when requested, and so on. OR I can work for a US MTSO and possibly make what I used to make, or even somewhat close would be great, since my income has been half of what it was 2 yrs ago, and then when I can get time off MAYBE I will be able to afford to go somewhere nice!! Or am I just a dreamer??? All I know is something has to give real soon and I'm not gonna sit on my butt and wait for my pink slip, thank you very much.
You can give it a shot, but don't - hold your breath for it to last
[ In Reply To ..]
I too decided to take a stance and went to work for a USA owned and operated MTSO, one whose advertising sold itself with the equivalent of a union label...you know, proudly red, white, and blue, American transcriptions doing American work, right up until the day it was sold to a non-American company. It will be interesting to see whether their advertising gimmick changes now.
My suggestion would be to start using that PTO. - n/msg
[ In Reply To ..]
X
RE Miss Manners: - Minnie Mouse
[ In Reply To ..]
So did you find a 100% American company to work for? I thought I did but it did not turn out very well. Just because they don't offshore doesn't mean they are good to work for, I guess!!

I have hoped AHDI's karma - me

[ In Reply To ..]
would catch them for many years. I hope when it does, it hits HARD.

"In times of great change, INDIA & CHINA will - inherit the earth, and the US will no longer exist

[ In Reply To ..]
Don't you think that's what they REALLY meant to say?

SCUMBAGS.

Similar Messages:

Another Acusis Meeting. Another Load Of B.S.
Mar 31, 2010

Always the same old song and dance.  The subject of MTs needing more pay per line comes up, and what does the speaker do?  Redirect the focus on all the added "upgrades" to their software they plan to buy (probably for hundreds of thousands of dollars) to "help us be more productive".   Got news for them.  You can only go SO fast.  There IS a limit.  And after all the emphasis on accountability and accuracy, do they not see that speed just increases errors ...

Wow! Since The Meeting With Amy?
Oct 18, 2012

For 2 days now.  Yep...  out of turn around time for over 2 days.  There is overtime for these accounts,  but it seems NO ONE IS WORKING.  These accounts have never been out of turn around time.  ...

So Regarding This Meeting
Dec 11, 2012

All the build up and fussing for basically no reason? ...

Team Meeting
Feb 25, 2010

Just got email about a "team meeting" next week.  I wonder what it's about?  I don't remembering ever having one of these before in my area.  Maybe we're all going to be told we have to work nights now or our jobs are going 100% outsourced, or maybe we're going to get some actual steady work with the Spheris buy.  ...

Am I The Only One Who Hasn't Had A Meeting Yet About All The New Changes? Nm
Mar 05, 2010

nm ...

DTS/Transcend Meeting Pay
Jun 28, 2011

Has anyone actually received pay for manditory meetings we attended discussing the transition from DTS to Transcend?  Our acct mgr even sent out an email saying that payment on the LAST meeting would be delayed until this pay period, but I find nothing on my check stub to suggest we've been paid for any of them yet.  If you have, where is the information located on your check stub?  All I have is straight pay and holiday pay. TIA ...

MT Meeting Today
Mar 19, 2012

The email said 12pm Eastern time, does that mean 11am central time? Sorry if seems like a stupid question, but just wanna be sure. I get confused with time zones. ...

Don't Forget This Meeting!
Mar 13, 2012

March 19th at 12:00 pm Eastern, we will hold our first MT "All Hands" Webcast. Question:  What is the BOOST initiative?   ...

All Hands Meeting
Mar 19, 2012

anyone else trying to attend this all hands meeting?  All I hear is music ...

What Is This All Hands Meeting?
Oct 15, 2012

I've been recently "acquired" by MModal and am jumping through lots of hoops.  Have been informed by our CCM that we are required to attend the All Hands Meeting today at 12 EST.  Just wondering what this is and if it's something I need to worry about.  ...

Do We Get Paid For This Meeting, And If So, Under
Oct 15, 2012

Thanks. ...

Townhall Meeting Available
Nov 14, 2012

Hooray . . .  . the townhall meeting is available for us to watch!!!!  Good, I could use a good laugh today.  ...

Meeting Today
Dec 11, 2012

Please please post meeting info when it is complete today on this site.  This is the only way I am able to keep up during the day.  Thank you!!  I do not plan on any good news that way I am not disappointed.  ...

TRCR Meeting
Dec 11, 2012

Well, the fact that they are saying this meeting is for all TRCR MLS's tells me for sure they are just going to show us the reduced pay scale which will bring us in line with all their other worker bees. ...

Nuance Meeting
Dec 11, 2012

Let me know what was said and how much of a cut we have to take.  I will have my quit resignation notice ready by the time I get home! ...

Questions In Meeting
Apr 17, 2013

F5 n then put in questions. It worked. I sent some questions ...

Managers In Meeting
Nov 18, 2014

Several of the managers I have on my IM have statuses saying they're in a meeting.  Not sure if this is just their regular monthly meetings with the COM or if this has something to do with the new compensation plan or whatever.  Anyone else have managers in meetings all morning?   ...

MT Shame For Not Meeting TAT.
Jun 13, 2015

I am so tired of receiving the frantic emails about TAT, I am tired of being on MOT, I am tired of attempts being made to make the MTs feel like it is THEIR fault the POD has the highest number of unedited jobs in the system.  I am tired of groups being blamed for work going out of TAT when the problem is under staffing.  We are human.  We are limited in the amount of production we can crank out.  If high volume is the case for a week or two, I can understand putting in a lit ...

Acusis - Don't Know Anything About Them
Oct 12, 2009

tyvm ...

Any Acusis MT's Out There? In Particular -
Mar 15, 2012

are there any MT's left at Acusis that worked for DRC before Acusis bought it? ...

Acusis - Anyone Know Anything
May 18, 2012

about this company - tested, passed, need to make decision within 24 hours.  I acted on impulse or maybe desperation when I applied.    Really don't know the company.  Can anyone offer  anything please.   TIA ...

Acusis?
Jul 12, 2012

All right, anyone work or have worked for this company in the past..........and have any feedback for me?  I will be testing for them soon and want to know what I'm getting into. They look to be a bit better benefit wise than Softscript that I just interviewed with.  Input appreciated, please.  ...

Want To Know About Acusis
Sep 10, 2013

I have seen some posts where people want to know about Acusis. I will tell you what I know and about my recent experience with them. The Human Resources person, Susanna Sovek,is located in Pennsylvania. My supervisor was located in California. The IT folks are in India and the CMT's are all over the place. You are given 3 weeks of "training" as per the "roadmap". The first week you are paid $180, the second $240 and the third $260 provided that you are meeting the criteria of 99% accu ...

Acusis, Anyone Know Anything About Them..
Mar 25, 2014

I remember applying for a job with this company, but I do not remember the rate of pay or anything else.  Does anyone know anything this company.  Thanks in advance ...

Any Acusis MTs Out There??
Sep 11, 2014

Been there a year, always had loads of work.  The past few weeks have been agonizingly slow.  When I ask supervisor, I get told it's the nature of the beast, feast or famine in the industry.  Something just doesn't seem right to me.  Would appreciate any info.  Thanks.   ...

Anybody Know Anything About Acusis?
May 29, 2015

Good to work for? ...

Acusis ??
Jun 09, 2015

I'm wondering how is it working at Acusis.  Pay scale is "funky" being you get paid less if your work goes to QA, but otherwise seems reasonable.  I searched and the only thing I turn up is stuff that is from 2009, so looking for fresher info.   Thanks in advance ...

Transcend Townhall Meeting
Oct 09, 2010

Just wondering if anybody went and what was discussed.  I was not able to listen in.  Thanks.  ...

Conference Call/meeting
Feb 16, 2011

It is such a beautiful day today, finally spring is here.  I have DQS refresher course today and am going to take my laptop to the back porch.  2 hours in the sun, with some iced tea and a spring breeze, don't mind if I do!  ...

If MQ Fires You For Not Meeting Your Line
Oct 06, 2011

will they fight you in getting unemployment?  Anyone know? ...