A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I know how you all feel now about having a silent HDSM. - sm

Posted: Oct 20, 2014

Back in August my very awesome HDSM was let go suddenly and our group was merged with another group.  My new HDSM seems to only send out vague backlogs (a single number for her entire BOB, which means nothing to me) and constantly seems to ask for OT whether it seems we need it or not (this weekend it was 10 minutes before I ran out of work, and I get everything in her BOB).  Anyway, whenever I try emailing her about something, I rarely, if ever, get a response.  It's quite frustrating.  

In contrast, my old HDSM sent out a backlog with a number for each hospital in her BOB and how many were out of TAT, including the group number.  It was very rare to have her take more than a day to respond to any questions, no matter how trivial.  She would work her butt off to assign work from your group if work was going out of TAT and really kept on top of things.  

Ever since the new HDSM, I get my primary only rarely and seem to just jump around in her accounts that was merged with ours. 

Just thought I'd vent a bit. Thanks for listening. 

Same experience. My awesome one was also - let go in August and new one

[ In Reply To ..]
only sends out food recipes and motivational emails daily. What does that have to do with anything?

Let's Just Hope - Frances

[ In Reply To ..]
The "new" HDSM reads some of these posts. If she would break down the number of jobs for each client (like the tremendous, fantastic, efficient, best in the history of the company) old HDSM did, maybe she would get more takers for the OT. I'll be damned if I am going to waste my day off on accounts I can't make a cent on, and that includes accounts that aren't even hers.

Ever notice that the more OT they need, the less audits they do -- don't want to scare us off I guess.

Exactly - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
It seems that every time I do OT, I get other random accounts that I am unfamiliar with and, at the same time, her group gets my accounts that they're not familiar with. Since the merge, I've see more emails about clients being unhappy about quality than ever, and usually about CP stuff that the regulars on the account know to follow.

I try to avoid OT if I can as it just brings my base rate down since I'm going slower. If she wants more OT she will have to:
1. Let us know how much work each group/client has. I'm much more likely to jump on if I see my normal group in trouble.
2. Start assigning work that's going late to people who are on that account normally. From what I hear, she has no control of grouping, the same as the old HDSM; however, the old HDSM worked around that by assigning jobs constantly, typically from your grouping if she could. Work went faster and was of better quality because everyone knew what they were doing.
3. Start responding to emails, even something trivial. Not getting any response makes the HDS/SHDA feel ignored and, in response, they are going to ignore your requests for OT.

I know she's busy with double the workload and I do feel bad for her, but doing the above may make things better in the long run when her workers feel loyal to her. The last HDSM, I would do anything I could to help her out. Why? Because I knew that she would do anything in her power to help me out.

Similar Messages:

What Does The HDSM Do?
Dec 10, 2014

Honestly, I'd like to know if anybody knows.  I know she doesn't answer the phone, and rarely answers emails.  She only rarely sends out the backlog emails.  So, what is her job? ...

I Used To Like My HDSM
Jan 08, 2015

Yes, I'm one of those rare people who used to like her HDSM.  When we changed to the POD system, the only thing that made me happy was that I kept her as my HDSM so I "knew I could talk to her."  Whenever I've had an issue, I was able to call her or email her and request a call, and she always called and we always smoothed over the issue.  That was then.  This is now.  Yes, I've talked to her (finally!!) and I left the conversation feeling good and like I ...

New HDSM SM
Mar 25, 2015

So, HDSM Says
Apr 03, 2015

down. Oh, but BTW, she will be gone Easter weekend. :D ...

HDSM
Apr 28, 2015

I have found out through the grapevine that my "HDSM" is out?.... What kind of "HDSM" doesn't send an email to her MT's letting them know whom to contact in her absence? Was I by chance the only one who didn't receive the email? My "HDSM" is BR. ...

HDSM And PC E-Mails
Jan 10, 2014

I used to keep MModal e-mail open all day, but the e-mails have become so negative and downright nasty that I am only checking it now a few times a day.  It is a distraction and demoralizing and effects my work.  Anyone else? ...

Threats And The HDSM
May 08, 2014

Is anyone else as tired as I am of the HDSM who can never send out an e-mail that isn't ending in some sort of threat?  They can never come out and tell you the truth about anything (losing clients for example), but they sure can sling the threats.  I am so over it. ...

HDSM On PTO For A Week!!
Oct 04, 2014

Breathed a sigh of relief when I read that.  It is so nice to know I will get a week's vacation from the useless e-mails -- now if only the PCs would take some time off.  It would be such a huge relief to work through a week peacefully without holding my breath every time I hear the e-mail bing.  I imagine my line count might actually increase. ...

Question For HDSM
Feb 26, 2015

What is the purpose of sending out updates regarding available work throughout the day?  It is awfully frustrating and defeating to see that there is work in your group and then not receive any work from your group throughout the entire shift.  Please have the cojones to answer this question.  Thanks. ...

HDSM/TSA And MM Are REALLY Out Of Their Minds If
Apr 14, 2015

they expect someone to get up in the middle of the night to work an hour of OT.  (Same if you worked nights and were expected to get up and put in an hour dring the day).  That is just unreal and so very, very, very WRONG!!!!  Just what is going on!!  I remember when they screamed if you had 5 minutes of OT on your time card.  ...

The HDSM Who Cried Wolf
Oct 17, 2014

Says there are almost 300 jobs, asks for people to work OT all weekend -- and then bam 10 minutes later I run out of work.  It just goes from bad to worse here. ...

GEM Award?? Really? I Cant Think Of A Single PC TSA Or HDSM
May 18, 2015

puh-lease!!!  ...

We Had A Conference Call With Our HDSM Today...
Oct 22, 2014

...to announce she (KK) has been promoted to a team scheduling type of position at MM starting early next month and another HDSM by the initials of KM will be taking over for KK. According to KK, KM is really nice and there are other MTs who are excited that she is taking over for KK.  Whatever.  I've only been with MM for 8 months so it's not going to rattle my world all that much.  KK was nice and I will miss her, so only time will tell if KM is as nice as KK says she ...

Don't Know Why HDSM Would Send Stupid Message About Flex Time, With All This MOT -
Mar 26, 2015

What schedule!?! ...

Job From Silent Type Sm
Dec 15, 2010

I am wondering what the pay for minute dictation versus line dictation calculates to.  What would be a good pay for minute dictation.  If there are any Silent Type employees who read this board, please email me and let me know what to expect on an offer from them that would be good?  Thanks! ...

Silent Type?
Sep 26, 2011

Can anyone give me info on Silent Type, either on the board or by e-mail? Would like to know about steady work flow, general idea about line rates, if they provide equipment, straight typing versus VR, weekends required, and do they still require you to train on site at your own expense and if so when is that reimbursed?  Any current info would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks in advance. ...

Silent Type. Yay Or Nay?
Mar 15, 2012

Before I entirely commit myself to what seems to me to be their rather intricate and involved application process, would love to hear what others have experienced with them.  I am a long-time MT (20+ years).  I have been around the block but am not a job hopper, so I am looking for a long-term employer.  Thanks! ...

Silent Type UEB
Jun 18, 2012

Have any of you filed for unemployment benefits yet?  I am only getting enough work for about 15 hours a week, if that.  Just curious if anyone has filed for UEB and, if so, did Silent dispute the claim. ...

Silent Type MTs - Nm
Jul 03, 2012

deleted ...

Silent Type MTs
Feb 14, 2014

Do the latest emails mean we are officially part time? Who can live on this? ...

How Has Silent Type Been For Everyone
Sep 04, 2014

How has Silent Type been for everyone else recently?  Do you have work? ...

Silent Type Job Posting
Mar 24, 2010

Did anyone apply or test for Silent Type and if so, would you care to share? ...

Silent Type - Good? Bad?
Aug 02, 2010

Good? Bad? Any info would be appreciated. ...

Has Anyone Had Any Experience With Silent Type? Sm
Jan 10, 2011

I have never seen anyone post anything bad about them, so maybe that it is a good sign?  I wouldn't mind the trip to NJ.  Any information is appreciated.   Thanks. ...

Silent Type 2-day Training?
May 12, 2011

Has anyone actually traveled to New Jersey to do the 2-day training? ...

Is Anyone Familiar With Silent Type?
Sep 02, 2011

Is anyone familiar with Silent Type? What platform do they use? How are they to work for?   Thanks! ...

Silent Type Travel
Nov 17, 2011

Does anybody know if Silent Type still requires traveling to them for training?  TIA ...

Does Anyone Know Whats Going On With Silent Type
Feb 23, 2012

Does anyone know whats going on? ...

Status Of Silent Type
Apr 16, 2012

Does any one know the status of Silent Type?   Is there work there or not?  Are they being bought out?  Did the contracts not get renewed?  Should one look elsewhere for employment?  Any information would be appreciated.  Thank you in advance for your help. ...

Silent Type Work
May 24, 2012

I have been with Silent Type for a year now.  I enjoy the fact we work M-F schedule and no weekends.  I also enjoy the fact that we have good QA.  I also enjoy the fact we get vacation and bonuses.  I also enjoy the fact we are offered health insurance and 401-K.  Girls don't forget these perks when you are complaining about the work being light.  I have been in this field for over 35 years and there is always the concept of too much work or no work in the field of transcription.  Do ...