A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Silent Type MTs - sm

Posted: Feb 14, 2014

Do the latest emails mean we are officially part time? Who can live on this?

this is discussed below - in thread dated 02/05. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Yes, it was - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I think OP is referring to this week's emails.

02/05 thread includes comments on this week's emails - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x
By golly, I think you're right - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
However, I don't think this changes the fact that we have been reduced to part-time status. Here we are on 2/14 and now what? Any suggestions? Partial UE?
suggestions - yes, we should ALL file for partial unemployment b
[ In Reply To ..]
human nature being as it is, we will probably just all continue to bury our heads in the sand. I myself wouldn't know where to begin as far as filing for partial UE. If anyone has been through it, please share.
I applied and received partial UE from Transcend - Rachel
[ In Reply To ..]
a few years ago. It was very easy to do. I was able to do it all over the internet. I live about 20 miles from the UE office so I don't know if that is why it was done over the internet or if it is all done that way. Transcend was bent out of shape about having to give it but the UE office was not working for them. It was pretty black and white. No work, you get paid.

I think that if we filed UE, there would be work on a more regular basis and less over hiring. As it is, if we do nothing they will continue to walk all over us. What more can they do to us for filing?
The services have ways because they can. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Since you are not getting your line count, they tell the UE office that it is a case of "misconduct." Remember the UE office personnel know nothing about 3 cpl for voice recognition and 250 lph, 7 cpl and a 65 character line and not counting spaces and 1500 lines a day on ESLs! They just know you are misconduct and not doing your job!! Good luck...file...construction workers do when there is no work.
That's why you need to document everything. - Every single clock in/out to check for work. SM
[ In Reply To ..]
If you can prove or show you've been checking for work and there is none, as evidenced by constant clock in/out as per their rules, how in the world can you even come close to making line quotas??

Document any use of all your earned time or whatever it's called, because of no work and not enough hours in the day to make it up and no work available if there were 30 hours in a day to use for makeup time.

You guys have to start doing screen shots, digital cam photographs or copying your emails or something/anything to help and protect yourselves.

I did that when I was terminated from a big hospital. I had nothing but 99% and above quality and only one 98.8% in the past year, so that showed I definitely was trying to do the job and was not a case of "misconduct." That was even on my judgement from UC, they found no evidence of misconduct and I was awarded UC benefits.

I strongly suspect they tried to show "not performing to standards" or some such thing in order to not pay, just for spite.

To Rachel - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I did some Google research but could not find the answer to my biggest question. The rules vary from state to state. In the case of a remote worker, which rules apply, the state of the company or the state of the employee?
UE - SM
[ In Reply To ..]
UE goes by your state. So if you are working for a company in another state, however, physically performing the work in your state, the employed state should be paying (deducting from you) UE that is paid to your state.

I filed against Synernet several years ago. They tried to fight it. However, it turned out they were not paying my state UE insurance and they were held liable for payment. I collected with no problem once the arbitration was held.
It could not be easier - x-ST
[ In Reply To ..]
You can do it online in most states.

You go to the website, fill out some information and wait to see what happens.

question - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
what website?
I just tried it. I typed in unemployment - Rachel
[ In Reply To ..]
my state and it came right up to the state site that you need. There were several times I received full UE and the wages I received from Transcend. If I made too much at Transcend because there was actually more work, they would decrease it somewhat but not dollar for dollar. If I had a full week of work at Transcend then I would skip that week for filing but the next week would file again if need be. Well worth it. We would work if there was work. We are hired as employees. Employees can collect UE for lack of work. And this was without juggling shifts to make it work for them but working the agreed upon shift. They would complain plenty if we were not at our desks at the agreed upon time. Let them provide the work or pay UE is my way of thinking.
Silent Type - Broke MT
[ In Reply To ..]
" program installed on all computers to monitor your keystrokes, web visits, etc. (and this actually works to our advantage NOT hers, not to presume to speak for
pretty outrageous allegations - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
just wondering, how do you know about this "watchdog" program and how do you know about and how can you document the video cam recording you? My company-supplied laptop does not even have a video cam!
.. - Broke MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I was originally concerned about virus/stalking/predator as it had been on the news about others watching folks via webcam. I use their supplied computer strictly for work, no play, so couldn't see how a stalker could have gained any access.
watchdog program - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I have no clue how to search for such a program and couldn't care less if it does exist, I have nothing to hide. What I DO care about is having enough work to pay the bills.
To Broke MT - years of unpaid OT?
[ In Reply To ..]
This really surprises me. In my years at ST, I have never once been asked to work OT. Have you? If you were working more than 40 hours a week, was it your own decision to do so? Seems to me that just takes away work from the rest of us.
OT - Broke MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Gee, I try to offer something helpful, and I get attacked. I will not respond after this, and will fend for myself. And YES, I have been asked to work OT. And also, my point WAS, that when you sit there for 12 and 14-hour days to get what is usually made in an 8-hour day due to lack of work, THAT EQUALS OT. Or alternatively, they could pay "minium wage" for the time we sit and wait. And yes, it was my decision to work OT to get what I was making in normal days. (AGAIN, I REITERATE, as in my original post, what I generally made in 8 hours when work was available) versus sitting there with her nastygrams telling us to wait for work to come in. That is my point, legally that is still OT even if it takes 10 hours to get her stinking minimum, by law, OT is to be paid). I have never taken work from another, I'd much prefer to have a LIFE instead of sitting at that stupid desk in pain all stinking day.
To Broke MT - my sincere apology
[ In Reply To ..]
I was not attacking you in any way. I totally misunderstood what you meant by OT, thought you meant more than 8 hours a day of actual work. I know you are trying to be helpful and we all appreciate it. We have to stick together, and I think we both misunderstood each other. I'm so sorry.
I apologize too - Broke MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I apologize too; I read your response as accusatory, and in reading it again, it is not. No harm done, misunderstandings happen when discussions are done via "print." It is hard to read another's intent.
Broke MT speaks the truth - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
While I don't agree with the webcam thing, all keystrokes and possibly web visits are monitored by ST. Be sure to keep all of her emails.
videocam! wow! - ex-STMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I worked there a couple of years ago, and luckily the laptop she gave me did not have a webcam on it. But I'm not surprised that she has started doing this. I would put a piece of black tape over the camera so she can't see anything. Her control issues are really over the top. So glad I left!

I'm also sending you a private email.

my opinion - just guessing

[ In Reply To ..]
I have suspected all along, based on job numbers, that work is not necessarily slow but that we are overstaffed. The number of jobs available this morning, and the number of jobs I was able to do before running out, seems to confirm this. I'm wondering if there were new hires at the end of last year or beginning of this year, and if this is the case, things will never get better even if work does pick up, because there are too many of us. Of course, this is all conjecture and we will never really know, but has anyone else thought of this?

just guessing - I tend to agree

[ In Reply To ..]
Unfortunately, it's all about the TAT these days. MTSOs just don't seem to care about their MTs and that's a shame. Hard work and dedication used to be appreciated. I also think that the hospital(s) may be experimenting with other options such as speech wreck/editing their own cases, etc.

Similar Messages:

Job From Silent Type Sm
Dec 15, 2010

I am wondering what the pay for minute dictation versus line dictation calculates to.  What would be a good pay for minute dictation.  If there are any Silent Type employees who read this board, please email me and let me know what to expect on an offer from them that would be good?  Thanks! ...

Silent Type?
Sep 26, 2011

Can anyone give me info on Silent Type, either on the board or by e-mail? Would like to know about steady work flow, general idea about line rates, if they provide equipment, straight typing versus VR, weekends required, and do they still require you to train on site at your own expense and if so when is that reimbursed?  Any current info would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks in advance. ...

Silent Type. Yay Or Nay?
Mar 15, 2012

Before I entirely commit myself to what seems to me to be their rather intricate and involved application process, would love to hear what others have experienced with them.  I am a long-time MT (20+ years).  I have been around the block but am not a job hopper, so I am looking for a long-term employer.  Thanks! ...

Silent Type UEB
Jun 18, 2012

Have any of you filed for unemployment benefits yet?  I am only getting enough work for about 15 hours a week, if that.  Just curious if anyone has filed for UEB and, if so, did Silent dispute the claim. ...

Silent Type MTs - Nm
Jul 03, 2012

deleted ...

How Has Silent Type Been For Everyone
Sep 04, 2014

How has Silent Type been for everyone else recently?  Do you have work? ...

Silent Type Job Posting
Mar 24, 2010

Did anyone apply or test for Silent Type and if so, would you care to share? ...

Silent Type - Good? Bad?
Aug 02, 2010

Good? Bad? Any info would be appreciated. ...

Has Anyone Had Any Experience With Silent Type? Sm
Jan 10, 2011

I have never seen anyone post anything bad about them, so maybe that it is a good sign?  I wouldn't mind the trip to NJ.  Any information is appreciated.   Thanks. ...

Silent Type 2-day Training?
May 12, 2011

Has anyone actually traveled to New Jersey to do the 2-day training? ...

Is Anyone Familiar With Silent Type?
Sep 02, 2011

Is anyone familiar with Silent Type? What platform do they use? How are they to work for?   Thanks! ...

Silent Type Travel
Nov 17, 2011

Does anybody know if Silent Type still requires traveling to them for training?  TIA ...

Does Anyone Know Whats Going On With Silent Type
Feb 23, 2012

Does anyone know whats going on? ...

Status Of Silent Type
Apr 16, 2012

Does any one know the status of Silent Type?   Is there work there or not?  Are they being bought out?  Did the contracts not get renewed?  Should one look elsewhere for employment?  Any information would be appreciated.  Thank you in advance for your help. ...

Silent Type Work
May 24, 2012

I have been with Silent Type for a year now.  I enjoy the fact we work M-F schedule and no weekends.  I also enjoy the fact that we have good QA.  I also enjoy the fact we get vacation and bonuses.  I also enjoy the fact we are offered health insurance and 401-K.  Girls don't forget these perks when you are complaining about the work being light.  I have been in this field for over 35 years and there is always the concept of too much work or no work in the field of transcription.  Do ...

Silent Type.. Just Wondering
Jul 11, 2012

Anyone gotten any info on the "something spectacular" that was suppose to happen in June? Still waiting..... ...

Silent Type MTers
Jul 16, 2012

Anyone have a clue anymore?  Looked like work had picked up a little and today nothing, got a couple of jobs, then ZIPPO-nothing.  Is anyone getting any work?   QAs, MTs, anyone????  time to cut the losses and move on!!!     ...

Silent Type - Any New Information?
Jul 26, 2012

Does anyone have any new information about Silent Type in New Jersey? Thanks! ...

Silent Type MTs Come Forward
Sep 27, 2012

Is anyone getting work?? I am told there is plenty of work, but keep getting "no jobs available". If you are getting work, when do you get it?? I have flexed every way I know and still get no work. If you are getting work, are you milking the system 24 hours a day to get it?? If someone would please tell me how they are making production requirements I would sure appreicate it, because I haven't made it for months now. ...

Silent Type - No/low Work
Dec 27, 2012

I checked the archives and there were some posts from earlier this year about no/low work. Just wondering if anyone has any more recent information on this company. ...

Silent Type MTs - Who At ST Does VR, Are You Meeting Yours?
Feb 06, 2013

Any MTs at ST doing straight transcription, and if so are you meeting your required production? Who at ST does VR, are you meeting yours? If you are meeting your required production, would you mind sharing with me the schedule you are working to meet the requirement. Thanks in advance for any info. ...

Silent Type Is Advertising Again. Is There Sm
Aug 22, 2013

really work for them?  Wondering. ...

How Is The New Year Looking At Silent Type? Nm
Jan 02, 2014

? ...

Silent Type - What VR Platform They Use?
Jan 23, 2014

Can anyone tell me what VR platform they use?  Thanks. ...

Silent Type Is Getting So Scary
Feb 05, 2014

This is getting so scary.  It's more than just holiday slowdown and winter storms.  Where is all the work?  Please, please, please, if any CURRENT employee knows anything, I'm begging you to share with the rest of us.  ...

Any Current Information On Silent Type
Nov 11, 2010

Any current information on ST?  I kow you have to go to N.J. but other than that, what's the scoop?   Thanks!! ...

Silent Type - Enough To Share Any Updates?
Apr 10, 2012

Anyone brave enough to share any updates? ...

Silent Type MTs - Required Pages For The Day?
May 23, 2012

Are any of you getting the minimum required pages for the day?, because I'm not. Kinda erks too, as it really brings our average down and our benefits and PTO are based on our average pages, not to mention the bonus, which will now be the minimum because we can't get work. ...

Silent Type - Anyone Else Still Out Of Work Today?
Jun 14, 2012

Anyone else still out of work today?  Just wondering if anyone else has work actually.. im out. ...

Silent Type MTs Plenty Of Work
Aug 21, 2012

I was hired and told there was plenty of work.  I could get all the pages I wanted.  I am seeing a patten of only 1-2 days a week where  I get work and the other days it just trinkles in.  Is the the normal pattern for the work flow??  If so, I may have to swim out of this stream real fast.  Any info you would be willing to share with me would be appreciated.  I left my last job because of low work volume but was getting more than this.  I came to Silent Type because I was promised pl ...