A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Got my new MedQuist computer today. Just wonder what's coming - next?

Posted: Nov 02, 2011

CCM has been pretty mum about it all.  She emailed me to confirm my address for them to send it to me, said the one I have now isn't powerful enough.  Anyone have any ideas or any inside info on what's coming up?

JEALOUS!!!! - tabz

[ In Reply To ..]
I want mine OH SO bad. Tech refuses to call me back about mine and my CCM is FED UP with them too. I was promised once we get our new computers then will come the need DQS and then will come the new speech recognition system which is suppose to be smarter and it better because MQ spent BILLIONS to buy it!

THIS NEEDS TO BE A GOOD THING... so people think positive until otherwise noted! Medquist was an awesome company for me to work for back in 2007 but now I have make literally 1/3 less. Pray together this will be a good thing!!!

It's never a good thing - old and burned out

[ In Reply To ..]
They are going to tell us it's faster and better even though it won't be but because they say it is faster and better we should be producing more and they will decrease the rates to 8 cents and 4 cents.

Since that's what I make now after 5 years, mine won't decrease then. - you are still correct though nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Guess I just needed to read the latest email on MQ Central. - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
Looks like we're getting ready for DocQScribe 7. Hmm, wonder what that will be like. Better, I hope. Oh, and I see that the new name for our new conjoined companies is "MedQuist M*Modal." Fancy! lol. blah.

This has been asked a bunch of times already - MME

[ In Reply To ..]
If you scroll down a bit you will see a few posts about the new computers already. Some of the old computers aren't compatible with the new software that is coming out by the end of the year so in anticipation of that MQ is sending out new computers to replace the old, incompatible ones.

DocQscribe update that old computers won't be able to handle - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
That's what a recent email said.

Better check it for bugs and secret cameras. - Dont link it to your personal info.

[ In Reply To ..]

What's with the little red light inside the mouse? - curious

[ In Reply To ..]
I noticed that every time I click my mouse the little red light inside lights up for a second or two then it goes out. What's up with that, are all the clicks and sites I visit being registered somewhere?

is it optical? - Probably just the laser/LED

[ In Reply To ..]
Where is the light? My turns on with movement. I have a semitransparent case on my mouse.

Yes, I do too. Does this mean anything? - curious ...

[ In Reply To ..]
Mine too ... my light can be seen inside from the transparent bottom of the mouse. It stays lit up but it gets bright red when I bump it or click the mouse. I know our "clicks" are registered somewhere but is that only when we are logged on to work?
nothing to worry about. All optical mice do this. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
when dim, its saving power. When you move it, it brightens up to register your movement. Certainly not monitoring.

This light reflects off the surface and is picked up by the little eye underneath. Mice with balls are pretty much obsolete.

Mouse with red light - Invisible Ink

[ In Reply To ..]
If it's anything like my mouse (cordless), then the batteries need changing.

DocQScribe Update - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
There is going to be an update to DocQscribe which will need you to have more RAM on your computer than you originally had.

Nothing more

Similar Messages:

I Wonder If More Lay Offs Coming Today
Apr 05, 2013

Sitting here hoping the phone doesn't ring.  I personally think that in a year there will be no more US MT's, maybe shorter than that. ...

Has Anyone Ever Tried To Buy Their Medquist Computer From Medquist
Jul 18, 2011

????? ...

Medquist Provided Computer?
Jan 16, 2010

Does Medquist still provide a computer to transcriptionists.  If so, is there a rental fee or deposit fee?  Also,  is this only for full-time or also for part-time?  Thanks! ...

MedQuist Employee Computer Use
Jun 08, 2010

I am a new hire with MQ and they sent me a computer to use.  How strict are they on the thing about being forbidden to use it for anything personal?  It says no personal email, chat, web surfing, etc; however, I had to shut down and pack up my personal computer because I had no space for both right now, so this makes things sort of a pain for me.  I'm on here now from the MQ computer, but I probably shouldn't be.  Do they have a way of keeping tabs on that? Thanks. ...

When Leaving Medquist Has Anyone Ever Purchased The Computer?
Apr 17, 2011

Wondering if anyone heard of option to purchase computer when leaving.  Mine Medquist computer is pretty old, but faster than our others at home.  Thanks. ...

II'll Probably Fail The Medquist Test Today Again
Nov 26, 2011

I took the Medquist test again today, but I don't expect the perfection they seem to demand.  I actually got an RLP (real live person) at Medquist to speak to me about testing 2 weeks ago.  She was a little help.  She said they have 1,000 take the test monthly so no wonder they are not interested in any particular transcriptionist.  I suspect, though, that only 20/1000 pass it.  I actually worked for Mx for 7 years part-time, and I love their platform.    ...

Medquist M*Modal Bought My Employer Today
May 18, 2012

Medquist just bought the company I work for today. Do they do IC or employees? I know there is a lot of stuff out there on Medquist, and I tend to believe it, but does anyone have; how long before volume of work goes down on your account (presumably shipping lines over to the motherland Indian), and when does pay get adjusted downward (this ALWAYS happens in mergers, I have seen it twice). What is the transition period of time before they take the reins, essentially. I have heard for over a deca ...

I HAVE To Buy A Computer TODAY! Mine Just Died. Can I Get Opinions
Jul 03, 2010

and suggestions.....my budget is around 700.00.   Does anyone use a laptop? Will that withstand an 8 hour day of typing? I have an Emachine now and it is horrible.  If I go with a desktop I would only need the tower. I think I would like a laptop but know nothing about them. I have a shift today so I have to do this ASAP!! Thanks for any suggestions.   ...

Is It My Computer Or Is Docqscribe Super Slow Today
Aug 01, 2012

Seems to be taking forever to download and upload jobs today..Took 3 tries to get the program to start this morning, got error messages.. My internet soeed is fine. ...

Webmedx - Company Computer Versus Own Computer?
Feb 04, 2010

I read that Medmedx supplies computers but you can only have Cable or DSL connection.   I live in an area where I cannot get cable or DSL.  I have a wireless connection.   My question is, do they allow you to use our own computers?   Thanks for your time and have a great day? ...

Own Personal Computer Versus MQ Supplied Computer?
Jul 18, 2011

The reason I ask this question is for my internet I have a USB modem.  Do the computers supplied by Q have any extra USB ports so I can plug my Verizon in there? Thanks! ...

Change From Company-provided Computer To Own Computer
Aug 04, 2011

I am in the process of transitioning jobs and will be going from a company-provided computer to my own.  Any suggestions on what software programs are needed, virus protection, word expanders, line counting, and hardware like foot pedal?  The hospital I am looking into will be using Microsoft Word.  Any comments on whether this is a good program or not to transcribe on?  Any tips?  I have been with the same company for 15 years, so have been out of the loop and need ...

Anyone Know About New Changes Coming To MQ?
Dec 27, 2009

Posted on Christmas Eve!  CBAY of India has 6,500 MT's with another 800 soon and MQ has how many MT's, 3,000-4,000?  http://www.newswiretoday.com/news/62574/ CBaySystems Expands India Operations with New Mumbai Centre     NewswireToday - /newswire/ - Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, 12/24/2009 - New Centre at Mindspace2, Airoli - Plans to add 800 people by end 2010 at this new Centre.       CBaySystems, th ...

Keep Them Coming
May 12, 2011

I have posted on here many times about putting in requests to have doctors removed from ASR and have been told it doesn't do any good.  Apparently some people are listening.  I was told that they are flooded with requests now and it is taking a little longer to get to my requests reviewed.  I have also noticed that some of the doctors I used to do in ASR are no longer in ASR.  Thanks to all who are sending requests and keep them going.  Some don't get removed, ...

QA/QC Changes Coming??
Dec 14, 2014

Sure hope so.  QA  are being set up to be the "Payroll Gods".  Setting us against each other.  I know there is one particular QA that I cringe when I see her name.  She is probably a nice person and just trying to do her job, but talk about nit-picky.  She has a Master's degree in that area. ...

Look Out For More New MT's Coming On Board.
Jan 29, 2010

Obama announced a new tax break for every new employee hired will get a 5,000 tax break and up to 500,000 total for each company who hires new employees.  My congressman is going to hear from tomrrow when I call his office.  You all know how MQ loves to hire new employees and I sure hope they do not plan on getting rid of us old ones and if they do?  I see ANOTHER lawsuit coming called age discrimination.  ...

What's The World Coming To
Feb 19, 2010

On my every-other-month audit by my QTL I lost points for expanding Clostridium difficule, but SHE wanted me to put (I kid you not) C Diff. Now I have been reading stories by newswriters about E-coli, but I'm still putting E. coli. Please don't tell me those idiot biddies at AHDI have changed the "rules" on us again.  I also make money typing papers for professional journals, and I really HATE dumbing myself down for MQ. and...I'm still getting broken jobs with terms like ...

How To Get Downtime Pay You Have Coming To You
Oct 07, 2010

Okay people, if you were in the middle of your shift, or you could not sign on for your shift, make sure you filed a Q-care ticket and notified your CCM.  Mine has been sending E-mails throughout the day stating that she KNOWS that DQS is still down even though it shows a green light.  By Medquists own Policy description for downtime for ME/MTs, this definitely qualifies.  Go to MQ Central Home page---Human Resources---policies.  At the bottom of the page there is a link call ...

Christmas Is Coming!!!!!
Nov 16, 2010

So what do you think we'll get as a Christmas present this year?  A new mouse pad, an envelope opener, perhaps a pencil with the Medquist logo on it, an eraser maybe?  Oh, the possibilities are endless!!  I'm sooooo excited, I just can't wait!  After all, we know how much Medquist appreciates us by the way they treat us!   Oh wait, I forgot, there have never been even cost of living raises let alone merit raises.  Oh wait, I forgot ...

Does Anyone Know When The TransTech W2 Will Be Coming Out? Nm
Jan 13, 2011

MT Week Coming Up
May 01, 2011

Gee, we at WMX just got our present early.  A surprise cut in pay and bonus plan.  I really hope they don't have any other little "gifts" in store for us. ...

Where's The 99% Thing Coming From?
Jun 03, 2011

just wonderin, cuz this board is the only place i've heard of it.  is it in email or MQ central or what? ...

100 New MT's Coming To M*M. Anyone Concerned
May 21, 2012

Is it just me, or would I be concerned 100+ folks are coming to M*M this week? Does anyone get concerned about this, such as going from FT to PT due to the pressure of tons of typists? ...

Coming Across A Mistake
Aug 03, 2012

I was looking over already transcribed reports by others to check on a medication and came across a mistake that really makes us look foolish and is something, IMHO, that any transcriptionist would know and this doctor speaks good English.  Would you notify QA so they can correct the report or notify the hospital to correct the report?  Thanks for your opinion.  ...

Work Coming
Aug 08, 2012

a big chunk of work is coming back to the US.  India couldn't figure Texas doctor's accent I guess! ...

Coming Back To MT
May 15, 2013

ok, I have been offered a secretarial job but it is with a new company so I am iffy on whether the comany will make it. My question to everyone here if it doesn't make it I would probably go back to MT.  How long do you guys think I could be away  and still be able to find a job?  Edited to add that I currenlty have 6 years experience at MT. ...

Late In Coming, But,
Mar 03, 2014

apparently I was only employed by Nuance thru last December.  Starting in January I was employed by Transcend.  This is as per the state unemployment benefits office.  They were really interested that my check stubs said Transcend/DBA as Nuance out of Mass., and the W2s only had Transcend out of Melbourne, Florida.  Asked me questions about it, but told them I had never noticed when Transcend was added to the check stubs, which I didn't.  Don't know anything ab ...

No Search Box Coming Up
Apr 10, 2014

Does anyone else have trouble when clicking Search where no search box comes up?  Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't for a very long time.  Just wondering if it is my computer or what.  Anyone else have that trouble? ...

Were There Some Changes Coming To FIESA?
Apr 25, 2014

Just waiting and hoping... any news anyone? ...

Coming To Nuance
May 31, 2014

I currently work for MModal.  Considering Nuance. Opinions and/or advice would be appreciated. ...