A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Wow, I think I have found the longest - medical word ever......

Posted: Feb 22, 2010

Encephaloduroarteriomyosynangiosis.  Jeesh.

Anyone have anything longer? 

Longest I know is -- SM - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
pneumomicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

Ooops! Make that -- SM - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

My bad ... just waking up. :-)

Similar Messages:

What Is The Longest You Have Been Kept On QA?
Nov 06, 2009

I have been on QA now at this one company for 4 months!  What is the longest some of you have been on QA?  I wasn't kept on QA this long when I was a newbie!  And all the other places I have worked, I was off of QA in a few days.  What is a company's reasoning for keeping MTs on QA for such a long time?  So, they don't have to pay you more.....can get rid of you faster if they need to....I just don't get it.  ...

What Is The Longest Report You Have Ever Done?
Feb 05, 2015

I got a report of close to 5000 today.  Did not think I would ever get it done.  I wonder if the receiving doctor bothers to read through all the information? ...

The World's Longest Invoice - Freelancer's Union
Apr 27, 2012

Hmmmm:       Freelancers have long been the envy of cubicle-trapped office workers. From the flexible hours to escaping mundane office politics, there's a lot to love about operating solo. Yet, one major downfall that almost every freelancer experiences is unpaid invoices. The fact of the matter is that if a self-employed freelancer gets shortchanged, the cost of taking the issue to court is often greater than what the bill is worth. But now freelancers are joining ...

Longest Medical Word, Or Any Word Apparently
Jun 04, 2010

Just thought it was interesting.     pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis:   pneu⋅mo⋅no⋅ul⋅tra⋅mi⋅cro⋅scop⋅ic⋅sil⋅i⋅co⋅ vol⋅ca⋅no⋅co⋅ni⋅o⋅sis   // //  /ˈnumÉ™noʊˌÊŒltrəËŒmaɪkrəËŒskÉ’pɪkˈsɪlɪËŒkoÊŠvÉ’lËŒkeɪnoʊËŒkoÊŠniˈoÊŠsɪs, ˈnyu-/ Show Spelled Pronu ...

Think I Found My Out!
Sep 09, 2010

I think I have found my out of MTing finally.  I am going to try to be a home health aide.  It is perfect for me in every way!!  I am just so excited! ...

Look What I Found
Oct 28, 2011

I found the below on the Company Board, and wondered if this could be true? ... Because you've already put in your 40 hours. It is illegal to change your timesheets so they don't have to pay overtime. If they can't give you sufficient work and keep hiring people who take your work away from you, find a company that will give you enough work. Save the emails and send them to the department of labor. ...

I Just Found Out
May 13, 2012

I just found out that even though I am doing the minimal required lines (120) I am not earning minimum wage and so even if I increase my lines I won't make any more money....Until I am typing over 160 lines.   I am so angry.   Now they are pressuring me to get higher lines so I can get out of them paying minimum wage.  Which is insulting in itself.  I am going to try to do it and then be a benefited employee.  But I am just angry that 120 lines doesn' ...

Found This On FB......
Aug 18, 2013

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/mmodal-inaugurates-new-medical-transcription-center-at-mysore-182340551.html   While not an MM employee, my heart goes out to all who got let go recently. ...

May Have Found A Way Out........
Aug 24, 2013

I have been in this (medical transcription) boat for a long time.  I have enjoyed it and been able to support myself.  The last few years I have been stubbornly trying to hang on and "ride the waves", but have finally gotten it through my thick head that this is NOT working for me anymore!  I hate what this industry has become!  Anyway, was looking on the website of our local technical college, and I think I have found something I may be interested in.  Going to lo ...

Found This On MSN....sm
Jun 18, 2015

BEST JOBS FOR WORKING AT HOME: Proofreader Average Pay: $18/hour Education: Bachelor's degree Medical Transcriptionist Average Pay: $17/hour Education: Associate's degree or one-year certification program Show me a company I can make $17/hour at. And proofreader....we already do that and again, not for $18/hour. ...

Something That I Found Very Interesting
Nov 21, 2009

Just for the heck of it, I went to the resume section of this board, and noticed there were quite a few MTs with "entry-level or less than 5 year's experience" wanting to be compensated 10-15 cpl  -- I really seriously doubt that is going to happen, especially for a "newer" MT.  I would suggest that if you are really serious about finding a job in MT, then revise your expected compensation rate to something a bit more realistic. ...

Something I Found Interesting
Nov 21, 2009

I also posted this on the main board, but here goes. Just for the heck of it, I went to the resume section of this board, and noticed there were quite a few MTs with "entry-level or less than 5 year's experience" wanting to be compensated 10-15 cpl  -- I really seriously doubt that is going to happen, especially for a "newer" MT.  I would suggest that if you are really serious about finding a job in MT, then revise your expected compensation rate to something a bit more realistic ...

Found Out What's Is Wrong With (at Least Some) Of Us.
Aug 01, 2010

In my quest to improve SOMETHING, I stumbled across "job burnout."  I think it is my problem and wanted to share. "A strong signal that the burnout victim is sliding into an existential crisis of meaninglessness is evident when the person's statements about work are cloaked with a "so what?" or "why bother?" attitude. This is particularly striking among burnout victims who were once very enthusiastic and dedicated." There is some very good information and might be helpful.  At ...

I Found This Quite Funny (in A Sad Way)
Jun 21, 2011

I put my resume up on one of the resume sites and it had an area where you could find out what the local and national average salary of whatever career you are in.  I typed in Medical Transcriptionist and my area.  Locally, I should be making $38,600, and on a national level I should be making $39,000!  Are any of us anywhere near those numbers???  I sure as heck am not!  My mouth would be totally shut if I was making that.  I know there are people who definitely ma ...

Found On DSG Website
Feb 04, 2011

while looking to respond to a job opening that they have a "Director International Transcriptionist Operations," is this meaning they outsource?  ...

Found This Interesting
Nov 10, 2011

Time to do something, nja, not enough money, will not allow me to schedule so I can find part time employment to supplement. This company is abusing us without question.   Doing some research and found these two articles:   http://www.mediate.com/articles/davenport.cfm and http://minoritysurvival.com/2011/07/15/six-ways-employers-abuse-workers/     ...

Found Out Something Interesting....
Jan 08, 2013

I was looking for job openings at our local hospital and it's a long story but, found out that they have taken their transcription back in-house.  Too many mistakes, not enough quality work, bad turn around times, et al.  I am applying today, in person with them.  I will offer to scrub their floors if that is what it takes to get back in to transcribing.  I know folks who work there and they get a very fair wage, benefits and time off!  ...

Found This In Archives And I Think It
Feb 26, 2013

I agree with her 100%. There will always be more of us, and we really could make a difference if we would just band together. I have always wanted to start a new association for MTs-AMERICAN MTs. Don't let them win. ...

I Am Almost Scared To Say This, But I May Have Found
Jan 04, 2014

a nonMT job!!  It is at WM.  As much as I hated WM, if they give me a job and I can earn a straight, steady, hourly wage, I will be SO grateful.  After being dumped on and treated like an idiot for 18+ years, I am almost out.  I sure hope so.  I need this so bad.  ...

Found This On A Job Website
Mar 21, 2014

I saw this post while doing a little research into the field.  The company is not named, but the location was given as Franklin Tennessee.  Hmmm, I wonder what company that could be.   http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?APath=2.21.0.0.0&job_did=JHQ3946ST7FZF49Q5P1&sc_cmp1=js_jrp_jobclick&IPath=JRKTV0A ...

Does Anyone Actually Use Benchmark? I've Never Found It Useful.
Jul 29, 2014

FYI - Found Out That If You Don't Listen All The
Feb 21, 2015

for example, even though the dictator is obviously finished, so you upload...but if you don't listen to the very last millisecond the report will autopend and that will count against your QC.  I think this happened to me several times when I knew I didn't pend anything but it showed I did.   ...

Found This On LinkedIn
Apr 08, 2015

From MModal's page Job description We are looking for individuals interested in doing medical transcription for a career. We are offering *FREE TRAINING!* Avail of our training program and be hired in the succeeding months! Company is located at Madrigal Business Park, Alabang Muntinlupa City. Send your applications now! Great "opportunity" for those in the Philippines! ...

How Are You Paid For PTO? Just Found Out About Mine
Dec 11, 2009

I always thought that companies paid for PTO based on an average of your last 3-6 months production. I just found out that my company pays by the hour!  This means my PTO for a week will be half of what a I normally make?   Have you ever heard of this?  Is this the norm?  ...

Hey Kiki, I Found Out Today...
Dec 30, 2009

that due to the problems of the Kapersky program they are not pushing the remaining few of us to install.  I spoke with my CCM yesterday who told me that almost everyone was up on Kapersky at this time.  However, there are still some of us that have not been contacted to install due to major problems it causes running MQ programs such as ASR. Personally, I was not happy with McAfee even in its advanced stage.  So I purchased on my own Microsoft One Care Live (I got permison ...

I Just Found Out That My Company Is Hiring Sm
Jan 18, 2010

a couple hundred MTs in the next couple of months. Apparently, they got several MQ hospitals. Good for me, not so good for MQ. ...

Shipwrecked, I Found You The Perfect...
Feb 17, 2010

retirement hut.  It is on the inner island.  If it makes you feel better there is no tsunami and/or hurricane season in this area of the South Pacific. Bunion, I was not sure of your island preference, water, beach or inner island hut.  There are plenty to choose from. Shipwrecked, you may have NJA tonight (I have it almost everyday as well), but it won't be long before we say "Q who" and move into these huts in paradise.  http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/common ...

I'm Glad I Found This Board
Mar 12, 2010

I am really glad I found this board.  I felt really alone.  It's nice to know I'm not the only one who thinks MQ is making a profit off of the MTs.  Being cut in pay for ASR was bad enough, but this first time right stuff is too much. I am going back to school and I'm getting out of the MT business.   ...

Found This Article...any Thoughts?
Jun 25, 2011

http://education.yahoo.net/articles/5_growing_health_care_careers.htm?kid=1H693 ...

For WMXers, Where Are PTO Totals Found?
Oct 30, 2010

Hey all, I would like to find out how much PTO I have available but cannot find it. I looked in the Employee Self Service site (where the pay stub info is), but there is nothing on the PTO page, just column titles.  Thanks. ...