A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I got an audit!!! - Viking Fan

Posted: Nov 12, 2009

My score was 96.6.  All the reports docked were ASR reports, missing a few things here and there like leaving in oven instead of correcting to even - well, you get the gist. 

There were no critical mistakes.

Not once, in all my years working for hospitals or doctors have I had an aduit.   I'm wondering if it's just that ASR is only a year old to me and that's why I'm having issues. 

Oh well.

This is just how it starts out - when they want you to quit

[ In Reply To ..]
They just keep you on eggshells until you quit. They only do this to their highest paid producers! So pat yourself on the back. You must have a really high line count.

Some of the errors....just in my paranoid opinion....are put in by the auditor and I know for a fact I would have never made such stupid errors, but there they are miraculously....It destroys your confidence and like you pointed out are mainly ASR mistakes to begin with.

I'm so glad you said that - I've suspected for a long time - Oldy but Moldy

[ In Reply To ..]
that stuff was put in by the auditor. How are we to know? If you do 50 reports a day, are you going to remember them? I don't. I can't remember what I produced 5 minutes ago!
This is just my opinion/suspicion.

I too have always been a high producer with a high line rate and I failed my first audit a couple of weeks ago. I looked at it and thought, there's no way I would do that - but it's there!

IMO, they don't want to pay us UI, so they're waiting until we quit!

I quit and got UI - MQ

[ In Reply To ..]
My UI page actually had Medquist in the top 10 employers list. I clicked on the fast link. Medquist never filled out the paperwork to respond. The examiner said that no reasonable person would work for this company.

audit - stumped

[ In Reply To ..]
They have started auditing EVERYONE. We got an email saying once every 2 months. The reports are picked randomly and sent to your QTL to be proofed. Your final score is an average of the scores from the reports that they have audited. I'm not sure if you got one report that was 96% or if that was your final total. If it was one report, they will be doing others so it will probably average out better. Everyone has one of "those" reports where the doctor gets you so frustrated you can't even make sense of a sentence right in front of your face.

Just be aware that they are checking, blow off this one and look ahead.

Good luck!

Focus/Nuance audits really picky - Mary

[ In Reply To ..]
Their audits are ridiculous. They take off for commmas, etc., or they take off for something that the 30 pages of account instructions does not specify. Very nitpicky, and frequent audits. So, they want me to slow down so much that I change every non-essential voice recognition error, but they don't pay enough to warrant that! They insist on high line count, but pay low, and are very picky (I am very accurate with all important MT details). They will not get what they want. We can't afford to slow down!

Yep...exactly how they get you to quit...sm - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked with them for almost 10 years and LOVED my job when I first started with them (we had flexible schedules, did one account; I did mostly operative notes which I loved; had the same supervisor for 6 years; an office of friendly people I could call, etc). I never had any issues, never had audits, and never was given any reason to think that my work was not meeting their standards. In the 10 years I worked with them I can literally count the number of times I ever called in, always worked my shift and helped out whenever needed.

Then came the cesspool, changing supervisors like changing a pair of underwear, poor communication, and SR. They started with the audits. Then I was performance managed for low production (first time I had EVER talked with my supervisor in the 6 months since she started). I was sometimes doing 10-20 different hospitals in one day, having to check and recheck client profiles, couldn't build up any standards and definitely didn't have the same doctors. During the last few years with them my pay went from bring home $700 a pay period (part-time) to $350 a pay period.

audits - frustrated

[ In Reply To ..]
I got an audit today also - had a lot that were 100% but one with some stuff marked wrong that was just silly - does anyone remember what the percentage is that we are required to maintain - I can't seem to find it anywhere on MQ Central. Overall I think my scores were over 98.5%, so I think I'm okay but not sure.

picky audits - enigma

[ In Reply To ..]
All those middle management people who are getting enough pay to live on, while we are not, need something to do! >:o

Similar Messages:

Post Audit And Now A Post Audit M Report!!
Jan 19, 2015

Has anybody gotten the above email stating now there are 2 post audit reports that we have to pull?  The regular one and now a post audit m report???  What is this for???  This gets crazier every day ...

ASR Audit
Feb 10, 2011

I got 2 ASR audits lately.  Is everyone getting them?  I only do about 50 ASR reports a month and they seem to think I use my mouse too much.  I am dangernous with short-cut keys.  I tend to not stop to think and hit the wrong key and something goes whacky.  I always know where my mouse is!  Anyway, we run out of work at least 3 nights a week.  Am I supposed to master the short-cut keys so I can do my work faster and run out of work sooner and sit here longer a ...

99.75% On Audit...
Mar 15, 2011

and told I should have caught something (which I should have).  It was something trivial like suggestion versus suggestive.  Got a mail from mentor that I should have slowed down & caught this.  I've been an MT for over 2 yrs now, and it wasn't something that put a pt's health in any kind of harm.  Knew I had one very hard ESL auth go to auditing & watched it until it was done.  100%.  Any word on a nice job?  Not hardly.  Love my jo ...

QA Audit Below 99%
Oct 13, 2011

Has anyone failed their QA audit with Medquist, if so, what happens next if you have been with them for more than a year and were recently changed to a new account.??? Would appreciate some help on this oneeeeee??? ...

My Last Audit
Nov 14, 2012

Last audit was 99.4 something percent accuracy.  LPH was about 265.  But oh, too many of my reports are sent in with blanks (worst accounts I have ever worked on) and I need to send more work to QA.  Do they really think I am going to sit here and do this crap for 3 cpl?  It would not even pay my utility bill.  Think they will ever face reality? ...

What Does SC Audit Mean?
Jun 01, 2015

I really hate these weekly audits.  Do they count?? ...

Audit
Jun 28, 2015

Has anyone with MM been audited lately? Been with them 9 yrs and just had my first. Worst Mgr ever ...

Audit: What Is Passing?
Oct 29, 2009

I have gotten audited twice in the past week!  They have pulled 6 reports on me. I thought that they only do 3 and do it about twice a month.  I think something is going on there.  What is the passing score.  I know it is 98. something.  Thanks! ...

Has Anyone Been Fired Because Of A Bad Audit?
Dec 03, 2009

It's obvious they're cracking down on us, nit-picking, etc., to what end?  Everyone, myself included, seem to be getting less than 98%.  Is it just to keep us on our toes, or to have ammunition to hold against us when the time comes to ship everything to India? ...

Audit Question
Jun 29, 2010

Does anyone know how the audits work?  Is it the average score of 5-6 reports together?  What if you failed 1 report but passed the other 4-5 and the average of all of them together is still passing?  Are you put back on 100% QA for the 1 report?  Sorry for all the questions. Thanks   ...

Anyone Been Terminated For <98% Audit??
Apr 14, 2010

Good-bye ...

Audit Procedures
Apr 22, 2010

Does anyone know the rules for placing an MT on 100% audit.  Do you have to fail 2 audits in a row or just 2 audits.  I failed in Feb, passed in March and will probably fail in April.  The point system is whacked in my opinion, but my opinion doesn't really count.  It is probably listed somewhere on MQ Central but I find navigating that system is somewhat like navigating a maze.  Unless you know where to find it, it takes forever.  I have sent an e-mail to my Q ...

Audit - I Probably Will Be Gone This Week
Apr 27, 2010

I have been put on a written audit and received 92%.  So I am being given 1 more week.  Which means I am more than likely out of here. I did not not have any Major marks, but only a lot of minor - i.e., two liters versus 2L, grams versus g.  I should just quit and go work at the big lots, less stress more money   ...

HELP! Failed Audit
May 15, 2010

So, I failed another "audit".  I have to bounce back and forth between at least 10 accounts, therefore 10 different client profiles AND have to keep up with the ever changing QA preference of the day!  I'm so depressed.  It's really heard to understand that VR stuff and ESL dictators.  Has anyone failed more than a few audits and continued working?  Will they fire me?  I, like everyone else, am really struggling, but I NEED this job.  Any ideas on h ...

Can Someone Tell Me How Many Reports Are QA'ed For Each Audit?
Jun 02, 2010

last week and that is all that were done.  Score 97.8. :(  I don't agree with the errors but what can you do.  So, out of the approx 40 plus reports I did per day last week, only THREE were audited and that will cause me to fail my audit?  I haven't heard from anyone about this yet--could that mean that they are not done and will audit more reports?  I hope so, because then my score will probably go up as those 3 reports were unfamiliar accounts, ESLs...... ...

Not Passing Audit
Jun 22, 2010

when you are told you didnt pass the audiit test, are you booted out after so many of those or what? I am not even sure if sending a question lowers your score??? anyone know? ...

New Audit Process
Jul 16, 2010

Just wondering if anybody had been audited by the new audit process yet?  My CCM says they are being done by an auditing team now and have since May.  Could you still tell you were being audited by looking in feedback and were the reports current or old?  Thanks. ...

Computer Audit
Sep 01, 2010

Has anyone had to have a computer audit to get hired by a transcription company?  I have had a request and have to sign a form to let them do a remote audit.  It sort of scares me because I don't use my computer solely for work.  Really don't like the idea of someone having access to my computer.  Any thoughts?  ...

Audit Of My Computer????
Nov 03, 2010

My transcription company suddenly wants to do an "audit" of my PC.  Anyone know exactly what this means? ...

Faild Audit
Jan 25, 2011

What kind of consequences do you face if you fail an audit?  At my company, your pay is drastically reduced for a two-week period. ...

TransTech Audit
Feb 23, 2011

How often does TT do QA audits? ...

SoftScript Audit Changes
Jul 17, 2012

I received an email from my production manager this morning stating that all MTs will have audits done every pay period now. This makes me sad. The clients must be complaining about the quality of work. Does anyone know if this is company wide, or just for certain regions, or accounts? ...

I Fear QA Audit - Help!
Aug 04, 2012

I just started a few days ago. I fear the QA audits. How tough is it? Do they give us a chance? Do they can us immediately if we fail a few times during training? Help, raw data needed! ...

You Can Learn A Lot Looking At Job Audit
Nov 17, 2012

Hmmm this job has been "discarded" a few times.  Couple of jobs have been "discarded" by the same person.  "Discarded" happens when you log out.  Can also see what has been "abandoned", funny, the same names keep showing up.  Truth be told, these dictators they are dumping are not all that bad.  All that logging in and out and abandoning must make for a long day.  Sometimes the easiest answer is to just do the job. ...

Failing Audit
May 09, 2013

so, how does one rationalize getting 90% and 94% on an audit when there are 2 minor errors?  do they choose shorter reports so we fail?  will i finally hear from my manager after nothing for months over this? ...

Audit Report
Jun 11, 2013

Working for my first MTSO.  Got an audit report.  What are these used for?  Is it for constructive criticism, for downgrading, what?  I was just curious.  I did learn some things that I was doing wrong, so that was good.  Thanks for the input. ...

Flunked An Audit
Jun 19, 2013

99%! Horrors!!!!!! Came thisclose to telling her to go ahead and let the Indians knock themselves out on this garbage. ...

What Happens If You Fail More Than 1 Audit?
Aug 05, 2013

Last year I failed an audit, barely and was out on 100% QA for 6 weeks after 1 email from TSM and no responses afterwards until suddenly I was off and back to regular work. Later I was transferred to another TSM. Wednesday I got an email that after multiple complaints from a specific doctor, all his reports were 100% QA and my report had failed the audit (barely). Nothing from TSM yet, but I am off Sunday and Monday. I wish I could quit so bad, but can't afford it. If I get fired and apply ...

Who Is Audit Team?
Nov 09, 2013

We have a right to know who is auditing our work and essentially who holds our jobs in their hands.  We also have a right to be able to review our reports that have been audited.  I used to get the links for the reports that were audited, now I just get an email telling me how many mistakes I made, whether they were critical or minor and my score.  I want to be able to listen to the reports that were audited and that I supposedly made mistakes on to see if I agree with the audit t ...

TTS - Anyone Have Their Score Go Below The 98% On One Audit
Jan 19, 2014

Anyone have their score go below the 98% on one audit?  What normally happens?  First one that I have gotten.  No serious critical errors, mostly ESL physicians where I missed something or heard a different word then what apparently what was dictated.  Only 1 major error, rest small ones.  ...