A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Doctors: making the roads a little bit more dangerous. - Gonzo

Posted: Jun 20, 2010

Just had a dictator on a cell phone mid dictation say:  &!$%, went through a red light.

and then continues dictating.  Just lovely. 

I once had doc get into an accident while dictating - ***

[ In Reply To ..]
Ruined his nice sports car.
Really expanded my vocabulary.

I would be more than just a little tempted to send the - recording to the police as evidence. n/m

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Doctors/surgical Staff Making Fun Of
Apr 20, 2015

Makes me sick.  They are making fun of this man's penis size.  I know they are dictating from the OR because you can hear them trying to wake this man up in the background.  I hope he hears them.  Jerks. ...

Doctors Making Us Type In An Edited Document
Jan 08, 2013

They just dont know a thing about how we are getting paid or dont care. Will you please go back and type this full medication list for me after the physical exam, thanks. Not when I am being paid 4 cents to type it! Rant over. ...

ASR Getting Dangerous
Jun 22, 2010

It seems to me that ASR is making more mistakes instead of "learning" like it is rumored to supposedly do. Today, my dictators are speaking clearly (for a change) and in one report, in the discharge meds he says "none" and ASR puts "Dilantin"???  That doesn't even SOUND the same!  In another it clearly says follow up in 2 weeks and ASR puts "no follow up" in 2 weeks!   I've noticed a lot more things like this in the past week.  What's up?  Think we& ...

Dangerous Doc
Jan 21, 2012

Sex with severe impaction fracture. This is what VR typed out as the doctor stated his name at the end of report. ...

Dangerous Abbreviations
Jul 27, 2010

Just wondering if anyone knows where I could get a list of the "dangerous abbreviations" in transcription.  I was at a doctor's office one day and saw a sign on their wall that said something about dangerous abbreviations and something about things that transcriptionists should not type...but I left thinking that it would be something easy to find but have found no information on that at all.  Thanks so much for your help! ...

Dangerous Abbreviations.......
Aug 27, 2010

I don't use dangerous abbreviations and I never abbreviate in the diagnosis and QA has been changing my reports to abbreviations in the diagnosis and changing words and adding the dangerous abbreviations. Does any else do this, not abbreviate etc? ...

It's Dangerous To Sit All Day-- No Kidding
Aug 31, 2011

Very interesting article-- I just wish the MTSOs would read it.  They expect the MTs to sit for 8 solid hours pounding away like robots and even track "inactivity time" on your computer if you stop for a minute or two.  I am finally free from the MT rat race and found another job where I can actually move around and interact with real people instead of staring at a computer screen for 8 solid hours.  I only hope the scar on my leg from the shackle I have had to wear for years will ...

BOS And Dangerous Abbreviations
Jan 30, 2012

Do the BOS and dangerous abbreviation rules apply to office dictation that is outside the hospital setting (i.e.  private practice offices).  Thanks. ...

I Have Decided VR Is Just Dangerous!
Jul 31, 2013

Really, with this time of VR, who can actually be accountable for the errors in reports?  My VR is HORRID.  It will completely change the name of medications that the dictator dictates and on and on.  So, when a medical error is made, based on a report where the MT didn't catch a mistake on VR, how can they hold the MT solely responsible?  I mean, we didn't TYPE that error, we just missed a word while proofreading.  I wonder why they would allow something with ...

Dangerous Dictators!
Apr 28, 2014

I had an idea and would like some feedback on it.  I was wondering why we don't just call up, anonymously of course, the hospitals repeatedly and complain about some of these dangerous dictators.  This really is a patient safety issue first and foremost, although it would be awesome to do something about them for our sake.  Anyone who works on account BC with the dictator Dr. RK knows this is a patient safety issue.  He is dangerous!  Thanks in advance for your opin ...

Is There A 'dangerous Abbreviations' List?
Feb 06, 2013

IT Has Basically Admitted A Key (and Dangerous) Fact
Mar 25, 2013

I informed them of an error regarding a medication output by ASR,something sometimes said, but was not dictated. I was told this was programmed into the software, and they could not (i.e. would not) correct that. I have accused the software (programmers) of putting in often-said output rather than what was actually dictated which they have previously denied. Guess someone slipped up by admitting that was done with this medication. ...

"There Was A Time When Doctors Were Doctors" By James Ong
May 06, 2014

From the KevinPho MD site:   There was a time when doctors were doctors. There was a time when young men and women sacrificed the best years of their youth, learning to treat patients and conquer diseases, not to become typists, paper pushers, data-entry clerks, or to have hospitals, insurance companies, and the federal government dictate to us how to practice medicine.   There was a time when doctors were trusted. There was a time when we were not guilty until proven ot ...

List Of "Do Not Use" Dangerous Abbreviations
Jul 12, 2011

I've searched the JCAHO website.  I used to have a copy but can't find it.  Would someone please be kind enough to point me to the link for the JCAHO list of dangerous abbreviations? ...

Making Less And Less
Oct 17, 2009

First there was line count....then there was ASR.....now there is MME. Does anyone know how much less they are making doing MME?  I just started and I am not making any money. Who is doing the work on the accounts that we used to do? ...

Making Even Less
Oct 20, 2009

I have just been switched to another BoB because we lost several accounts in the BoB I was in....now I have to learn all new accounts....at 3 cpl I will end up owing MQ money!! ...

How Much Are You Making?
Feb 21, 2010

Hey everyone.  I am just curious as to what everyone makes these days (if you are being paid by the line) and how long should you stay at that rate before you ask for more/raise your price? I've been at 12 cents per line for the past 3.5 years and I don't know how much more I should ask for.  I don't want to ask for too much, yet I don't want to sell myself short.  I am just thankful to even have my job so I don't want to rub anyone the wro ...

To Me2 Making 40K
Jun 17, 2010

Just have to ask, how much ASR do you do? Are you able to fly through at high speed without going back to proof and still getting strong audit? Do you have several dictators with several formats or a handful with all the same format? Your credentials are impressive but there are only so many things you can do to make that kind of money anymore and it is painful for me to know you are able to make that much at the same company, doing the same kind of work. Also, how much time would you say you ...

Making More Than Me
Nov 29, 2010

Just found out through the grapevine that someone was hired at my company at a higher cpl that I was offered.  I have been there since June and was offered a low rate compared to most MTSO companies.  But it did get me off the midnight shift at a different company, which I would have stayed with had I been given the opportunity to change shifts.  She was offered 2 cpl more for straight and 1.75 cpl more for ASR.   I also have more years in the profession than she does, a ...

MAKING $$
Jan 15, 2011

Can I make over $35,000 with Medquist? ...

Anybody Making Over 30K On SR?
Sep 30, 2011

How in the heck are you supposed to make any money doing SR?  Is it possible?  I make good money as a transcriptionist and have avoided SR up to now.  Now my company is transitioning over and I'm contemplating running for the door. I don't see how it's possible to make any money when you get paid half the cpl that you would make for transcribing.  I generally transcribe as fast as the dictator talks (unless they're really crappy, of course).  You stil ...

Am I The Only One Making
Dec 11, 2012

Input is appreciated, thank you! ...

So, If You Are On 100% QA Does That Mean You Are Only Making 1 Cpl? Nm
Feb 26, 2013

xx ...

Do You Any MTs Making $50,000 Or More Per Year?
Nov 11, 2009

Does anyone know personally of any MT who makes $50,000 a year or more?  A college recruiter called me at home one night and asked what I did for a living and when I told her I did not make that kind of money she said "I was told most MTs make around $50,000 a year.  Only in my dreams.  LOL.  ...

TO THOSE MAKING THE BUCKS
Nov 12, 2009

To those making 50+ K a year: I'm glad to know that in this industry it is still possible to make a decent living! I LOVE transcription!  I've been an at-home MT for about 5 years and see the potential, but seem to get easily distracted being at home and get restless and can't sit still.  What is it that you are doing to stay focused on your work?  Is it really about working weekends and second, third shifts?  Please share! I'm stuck at around 25K, when ...

This NP Is Making Me Crazy!!!
Nov 21, 2010

Honest to Pete, this woman has no clue about pronunciation.  A couple of reports ago she's reading a radiology report and says very clearly "primitive destruction" and then goes on to spell it "permeative."  Those are two very different words and to me have very different pronunciations. Now she's on a patient who has had chemoradiation therapy, "altima" and zometa.  Umm, you mean Alimta?  It's going to be a long afternoon.  ...

Making Pleurals
Jan 13, 2011

This dictator is saying "glute-i" to make gluteus a pleural.  I can't document a correct spelling for the pleural form of gluteus.  Thoughts?   ...

The Q Must Be Making A Lot Of Money Off Me.
Feb 13, 2011

I calculated my hourly pay for this week. Mind you, I gave it all my effort every day this week. Drum roll..... I made $6 per hour. Because we have to be paid at least minimum wage, I get paid $8 per hour. My accounts are 99% ASR. I have been getting paid minimum wage for sometime now. If they weren't making plenty of money off me, they would have let me go some time ago. ...

I Need Help With Making VR Work For Me...
Mar 17, 2011

I'm really apparently missing the magic that is needing to make VR work for me.  Please if there is someone out there that can provide me with some insight on this, I would be forever grateful.  I am struggling with getting to even 150 lph which is overwhelmingly disheartening given that prior to recently having to become a traditional employee again due to a massive life change after 20+ years as a small business owner of a small MTSO I was QAing and/or typing upwards of 250 ...

I Know How Some People Are Probably Making
May 10, 2011

ASR. They aren't following client profiles and not even reading the output based on what I saw on a report from today that I looked at! No wonder we have been told the client has been complaining about quality. ...