A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

It's dangerous to sit all day-- no kidding - Old and Tired MT

Posted: Aug 31, 2011

Very interesting article-- I just wish the MTSOs would read it.  They expect the MTs to sit for 8 solid hours pounding away like robots and even track "inactivity time" on your computer if you stop for a minute or two.  I am finally free from the MT rat race and found another job where I can actually move around and interact with real people instead of staring at a computer screen for 8 solid hours.  I only hope the scar on my leg from the shackle I have had to wear for years will finally fade away!  Even at my age there ARE other jobs out there and I found one, so from now on, I may be "old and tired", but no longer an MT!

I am looking at standup office furniture. - Going to convert sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I found a wonderful one for less than $3000--perfect for what we do. Soooooo,
I am going down to Kmart and get one of those put-it-together-yourself something or other, put a few books under it, and make my own version without the electric raise or lower.

Dangerous to sit all day - Silly Sue

[ In Reply To ..]
When I told my doctor what type of work I do he said I should get up every 15 minutes from the computer and walk around for a few minutes to keep the blood from pooling in my legs which was causing my legs to swell. Helps to keep the blood circulating.

check this out - cluefinder

[ In Reply To ..]
http://www.bjs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10201&storeId=10201&partNumber=P_119482929&sc_cid=DF&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=119482929

This is an adjustable table with 3 different height settings for less than 50 bucks. I got one and love it.

adjustable table - OHMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Is the table sturdy enough at the highest height?

yes - cluefinder

[ In Reply To ..]
That is what is so good about it. You get a solid table even at that height. I do have mine against a wall, though. No point in jeopardizing your equipment.

Using this now too, not by choice though. - Displaced MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Some family have had to come stay with us temporarily and are using my office temporarily, so I have had to move my office (not the desk as it is too heavy to move). I am temporarily using this exact table. I am definitely not in love. I am having a hard time getting everything in the right spot. Have it on the lowest setting now so my keyboard is low enough for my wrist and elbows, but my monitor is too low even propped up on books and it is killing my neck and shoulders. Can't wait to get my desk back.

Either way, I have to get up and stretch regularly, usually about every 1-2 hours. I just can't sit down for that long without getting stiff and sore.

Similar Messages:

ASR Getting Dangerous
Jun 22, 2010

It seems to me that ASR is making more mistakes instead of "learning" like it is rumored to supposedly do. Today, my dictators are speaking clearly (for a change) and in one report, in the discharge meds he says "none" and ASR puts "Dilantin"???  That doesn't even SOUND the same!  In another it clearly says follow up in 2 weeks and ASR puts "no follow up" in 2 weeks!   I've noticed a lot more things like this in the past week.  What's up?  Think we& ...

Dangerous Doc
Jan 21, 2012

Sex with severe impaction fracture. This is what VR typed out as the doctor stated his name at the end of report. ...

Dangerous Abbreviations
Jul 27, 2010

Just wondering if anyone knows where I could get a list of the "dangerous abbreviations" in transcription.  I was at a doctor's office one day and saw a sign on their wall that said something about dangerous abbreviations and something about things that transcriptionists should not type...but I left thinking that it would be something easy to find but have found no information on that at all.  Thanks so much for your help! ...

Dangerous Abbreviations.......
Aug 27, 2010

I don't use dangerous abbreviations and I never abbreviate in the diagnosis and QA has been changing my reports to abbreviations in the diagnosis and changing words and adding the dangerous abbreviations. Does any else do this, not abbreviate etc? ...

BOS And Dangerous Abbreviations
Jan 30, 2012

Do the BOS and dangerous abbreviation rules apply to office dictation that is outside the hospital setting (i.e.  private practice offices).  Thanks. ...

I Have Decided VR Is Just Dangerous!
Jul 31, 2013

Really, with this time of VR, who can actually be accountable for the errors in reports?  My VR is HORRID.  It will completely change the name of medications that the dictator dictates and on and on.  So, when a medical error is made, based on a report where the MT didn't catch a mistake on VR, how can they hold the MT solely responsible?  I mean, we didn't TYPE that error, we just missed a word while proofreading.  I wonder why they would allow something with ...

Dangerous Dictators!
Apr 28, 2014

I had an idea and would like some feedback on it.  I was wondering why we don't just call up, anonymously of course, the hospitals repeatedly and complain about some of these dangerous dictators.  This really is a patient safety issue first and foremost, although it would be awesome to do something about them for our sake.  Anyone who works on account BC with the dictator Dr. RK knows this is a patient safety issue.  He is dangerous!  Thanks in advance for your opin ...

Is There A 'dangerous Abbreviations' List?
Feb 06, 2013

Doctors: Making The Roads A Little Bit More Dangerous.
Jun 20, 2010

Just had a dictator on a cell phone mid dictation say:  &!$%, went through a red light. and then continues dictating.  Just lovely.  ...

IT Has Basically Admitted A Key (and Dangerous) Fact
Mar 25, 2013

I informed them of an error regarding a medication output by ASR,something sometimes said, but was not dictated. I was told this was programmed into the software, and they could not (i.e. would not) correct that. I have accused the software (programmers) of putting in often-said output rather than what was actually dictated which they have previously denied. Guess someone slipped up by admitting that was done with this medication. ...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!!!!!!!
Sep 26, 2010

I get an e-mail from CCM saying OT is approved and not to forget about the incentive this weekend.  Yeah, that would be really nice if the system wasn't down!!!!!  GEEZ!!!!! ...

TT Are You Kidding Me?!
Feb 17, 2011

We were starving for work these past few weeks and now TransTech is hiring 10 more MTs?  This is really starting to tick me off! To the suits at TT who read the board:   Please stop hiring more MTs! We can handle the workload and do it well within TAT.  You always tell us that we are the best, we rock, etc., so why not just trust us to do the job? We really, really don't want to sit at our desks for 10 to 12 hours a day waiting for work and just barely making our 1500 lines ...

CMT Now $305 To Take? Are They Kidding?
Apr 15, 2011

After debating about whether I should take this test or not, I went to the site and found out that they are charging $305 (not the 150 it used to be) to sit for the CMT test if you are an MT who doesn't already have their RMT? I've been working for 10 plus years and I have to pay to take the RMT, which is a test for people just out of school?  I was going to bite the bullet and take the test as my company gives a small pay incentive for CMT status, but I think I may have to forge ...

Are You Kidding Me
Apr 27, 2012

"Hello, this is Dr. ____.  I have laryngitis.  I am going to see if you can hear me." And then this lovely doctor, who is usually one of my favorites, continues on with her dictation in a raspy whisper.  Oh.  Dear.  God.  ...

Just Kidding
Apr 28, 2012

His head was placed on a donut roll.  (I hope it wasn't a jelly donut). ...

Are You Kidding?
Aug 22, 2013

Feedback from QA (MME?)  not enough space between state and zip code.  Mind you, this was pulled in from the database.  Maybe the person entering this info should take a little more time and check.  This is not the first time, nor the last time I suspect, that I have found errors when pulling in an address.  Really? BE CAREFUL fellow MT/ME's.  ...

Are You Kidding???
Feb 25, 2014

Stuck uploading a job.  What a wonderful way to start the day.  At this rate, I will be working till all hours of the night.  Can't they get this fixed?????????? ...

You Have Got To Be Kidding Me
Feb 24, 2015

If sales are so good and business is booming why not pay your grunts (MTs) better?  We are the ones who do all the dirty work so you can take the credit and the benefits and the pay.  We are the ones who listen and relisten to the mushmouth, careless dictators who eat, spit, cough, sneeze, pee, mumble, yawn, and more while they dictate.  MTs are the ones who get busted for a wrong lab value or missing an incorrectly dictated medication dosage or typing "th ...

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!
Mar 22, 2015

Started at 2 a.m., and hour early, to get my "mandatory OT " in for the day....no NJA???  Why are they not calling off the mandatory OT this weekend???  This is insane!!!! ...

DQS Slowing Down AGAIN? You're Kidding, Right? Nm
Jul 27, 2010

. ...

What The Heck? Are You Kidding Me?
Sep 08, 2010

So I get this report, a LONG REPORT.  I type it, I download it, and it is sent off and I get the next job.  I start typing away and in 2 minutes I get this error message stating you will lose this file or something and boom, everything goes away and I am out of the system.  I am supposed to be typing during my shift.   Then I go back in again and I get 3 jobs reserved to me and the is the same dang report LONG REPORT that I just did and they want me to do it all over again? ...

An Overpayment? Are You Kidding Me??!!
Dec 16, 2014

I cannot believe this!!!!  This is what we were told about the new part of the compensation plan they "forgot" to tell us about.   The one they are only going to pay us 88% of our production.   They won't take the overpayment away from us???  I just don't have any words for these people anymore!!  "I also wanted to let you know the changes will now take effect for the pay period beginning 1/3/2015. While we recognize this will result in an overpaym ...

Are You Kidding Me ??? We Are On Mandatory OT
Jun 21, 2015

Why on earth are we getting a new account?  Anyone with half a brain would know that if your employees are on mandatory OT because we cannot get the work done during normal working hours you do NOT add another account.  I guess it is mandatory OT until infinity now.  No hope of getting off it any time soon.  Way to ruin another week just as it gets started MModal  ...

Are They Kidding? Proscript Hiring? For What???? Sm
Apr 20, 2010

They lost another major account and most days there are literally 10 jobs available. I have NEVER seen a company with less work...besides the fact that it is run by the WWOTW. ...

Are You Kidding Me? ANOTHER Weekend Incentive? NM
May 07, 2010

No message ...

The Transcription Doctors - Are You Kidding?
Jun 17, 2011

They have an ad on this site hiring at 8 cents and 3 cents for straight typing and editing.  But, on another site, they have an ad for the same exact thing but the pay is 7 cents for straight typing and 2.5 cents for editing!  Are you kidding?!?!?!?!  I hope no one applies for that job, even if you are desperate! So glad I am getting out of this line of slave work.  ...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? No Info, No Directions.
May 18, 2011

SUCKS!!  Too confusing.  No info on how this works, just a warning how we will be able to make corrections is all?????  What corrections??? HOW????  How the heck do you clock in and out???  What is this???  I am tooooooo old for this!  ...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? ROCKS ARE BEING THROWN
Sep 14, 2012

I AM SOOO TICKED RIGHT NOW??  I GAVE MY JOB AWAY TO INDIA???  THIS IS WHAT THEY DO TO THE UNITED STATES?? Throwing rocks to anything related to the United States??? Country Sudan burned up a Kentucky Fried Chicken and Arbys.  Hope other United States companies do not get into trouble.  Tunisia country is burning down American Schools.  ...

Is She Kidding! This Entire Call Seems
Apr 17, 2013

for the company!  ...

ARE YOU FRICKEN KIDDING ME? Hey CEO, RICCI
Nov 22, 2013

WHAT THE HECK?  WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU WILL PAY YOURSELF THIS YEAR?  You think you deserve a bonus?  WHAT ABOUT MT RAISES AND BONUSES FOR US YOU MOTARD!  (Moron and Retard put together).  It's time for Ricci to go. He paid himself $37 million last year, even though Nuance shares have declined 23% in value in the last 12 months. ...