A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Dictator ranting about how his stats aren't typed - fast enough

Posted: Nov 30, 2013

I just had a dictator rant to me about how none of his stat reports are being typed in an urgent fashion. The thing is, he only dictates that they are stat reports, saying "this is a priority report" on his dictations, but never marks the reports themselves as stats so they end up being distributed as regular dictations. It looks like someone wasn't paying attention in training. He must think we all have telepathy and know what is dictated in a report before even getting them.

He may have been given incorrect instructions - on marking them

[ In Reply To ..]
...or he might not have been given ANY instructions (the most likely scenario) and thinks your system is just like one at another hospital up the street where he practices. Or he may be following some posted by a phone, where they have been for 10 years, and they may be for the wrong system.

Amazingly, doctors do not get "training" sessions. They might get a sheet of instructions or just be told to access them online.

It could also be that there is a problem with the dictation system.

in any case you should alert your supervisor - n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Alert your supervisor - WHY?

[ In Reply To ..]
Now we have to do more unpaid for work, by keeping the doctors straight on what they should do. Let him "rant" to the proper authority, not into a phone to some random person. It could be the MTs last day, and what does she care? Again, this going beyond the call of duty just doesn't fly any longer; let him rant and let him figure it out. He is making a six figure salary, I think he can do that for himself.
Agree, stopping to sign on the email - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Because the email shuts down automatically, and then it takes forever to sign back into it, and take the time out to write and email, which they probably won't challenge the doctor on anyway because the "doctor is ALWAYS right" screw it, not me.
Disagree. Alerting supe the right thing to do. - Yes ok it takes some extra time.
[ In Reply To ..]
But why not try to let the negativity and cynicism go and maybe try to be an asset to the company you work for?

I know it is tempting to go screw it, I don't get paid to do that and I will get no special kudos for it, but deep down I think we all know giving the supervisor a little heads up would be the responsible thing to do in this situation.
I have actually taken the time to let TSM - know about situations like this
[ In Reply To ..]
and NOTHING is done about it and a few days later, he rants again. I'm on the side of "screw it."
Ok that sucks, but generally that is what one should do. - But now u can just resend your original email.
[ In Reply To ..]
Shouldn't take a lot of time to do that. Even if taking the high road is for naught, you can relax knowing you have done your best.
Definitely Alert Your Supervisor - HECK YES - Sarah
[ In Reply To ..]
I hate what has happened to our profession, but by the same token it is not 100% MModal's fault. You get a paycheck from them, so you owe it to them to do your personal best. If sending an e-mail to your supervisor with an accounting of what this doctor said -- and you are obligated to type every word he said anyway -- then how much does it cost you to alert the proper channel as to how unhappy this physician is? Its the right thing to do, and if you truly don't want to do the right thing, find different employment.
In my opinion, he/she needs to take it up with the MR dept at the facility..sm - Dead and dying
[ In Reply To ..]
Someone is still there to take care of the reports when they come in, etc. and they should give him the instructions he/she needs to do his/her job properly when dictating.

Docs need to rant at supes, not us! When I get - a rant, I delete it, UNTYPED.

[ In Reply To ..]
And if that fails, then the next time I type the rant right into the report. They want it verbatim, they get it verbatim.

Rant - You Win

[ In Reply To ..]
Your response was the best; I totally agree; in fact, I have done that too. At one time I cared, not any more, right or wrong; the company did this to me; jaded me, turned me resentful and not wanting to give one extra second of my time. Wrong attitude, who care's, they certainly don't.

You have lost... and just further contributing to the downfall - of our profession, such as it is...

[ In Reply To ..]
... if you are so jaded you could not send a simple message to your supervisor about an unhappy doctor! Especially if it is my primary account, I would do everything possible to keep the account within the company that I have chosen to work for and not let the account go to India or to a much worse behemoth transcription company, i.e., Nuance.
Yes! For the love of Mike! Send a note! - The decision of whether
[ In Reply To ..]
your account goes to India or not hangs in the balance! This ranting third year resident could decide to offshore! Save Our Accounts!
exactly. We just got warned our huge BOB is extremely unhappy - and we are on the verge of losing them
[ In Reply To ..]
i would do anything and everything to make them happy. It may not be what it once was, but it's still a job. and we are all in this together. If you aren't please leave and someone else will take your place.
Here is the thing. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Do you honestly think this job is going to be here much longer? Docs are taking pay cuts, what do you cut out? The "nonprofessional" job. Yes I said it, we used to be a profession, but have been dumbed down. If we can send ASR to a foreign country to figure out our obscure medical terms, don't you think it would be good "training" for a medical student to do it? for free. Seriously, you better start preparing for the ax, it is coming down, just a matter of time. Technology has done us in.
The Thing - Not jaded
[ In Reply To ..]
but realistic! Send away, do you really think it will make a difference? Like the post states, we are all but gone, especially with this company. Most of the MTs bust their behinds to do a good job for this company and look what it has gotten them, nothing! Cut wages, Nazi tactics, lay offs, firings, unreasonable demands, and so on. So go ahead and be a do-bee, but in the long run, it won't make a difference. BEEN THERE!
Ok, so "game over man, game over!" - Love, Private Hudson
[ In Reply To ..]
Well, I for one am really tired of getting my energy sucked out by the negativity around here.

I am trying to make the best of the job I have, and my BOB losing my primary account is not in MY best interest. Yes I know this job is disappearing down the drain, but for now, it is still here. For what it is, the crappy pay and all, I have decided I want to work here for the time being. So, yeah, I guess I am a "do-bee."

Similar Messages:

Just Ranting
Nov 02, 2009

I was switched CCMs a month or so back.  One of the accounts from my previous CCM provided a lot of work and we were still able to access it.  Well that account is going to Voice Recognition, and my current CCM has yet to move us to her BOB accounts.  So starting next week, who knows how much work I will have to do.  Her accounts take a while to get access on.  I don't know what the hold up is, but I am not happy about.  No one seems to be listening to me when I talk about it (or give ...

Ranting And Raving
Mar 16, 2010

My appeals hearing was held regarding my initial TRA denial due to the fact that I quit and was not "laid off."  The hearing officer could not say enough bad things about Medquist and the fact that they were covering up their lack of work for employees by reducing wages again and again.  We may not be able to fight back collectively, but the petition #72153 has given us something we should take. ...

Just Ranting - Bear With Me
May 08, 2013

I just have to vent - bear with me.  We make 100,000 corrections on this  ASR and I get in trouble for the one mistake I made.  I understand I made a mistake and I own up to it, but it irritates the crap out of me when doctors dictate mistakes.  And stupid ones at that!  I mean what about the one I fixed for the doctor (maybe I shouldn't have) who dictated that an elderly patient use a Cepacol SUPPOSITORY for their sore throat?  I can't speak for anybody else, but there's ...

Doc Ranting About Insurance While Dictating
Oct 16, 2010

a doc dictating on a teenager with new-onset seizures, numbness, slurred speech had ranted a little and made it clear he was angry in his report when an insurance company would not cover a brain MRI on this person.   Family were worried enough to get one anyway and it found a glioma that the CT didn't pick up.  I pay 750 a month for health insurance, I think I would make quite the stink if this happened to me.  ...

Abuse Of Stats
Jan 07, 2011

If I reported a dictator that consistently abuses his priority button to my CCM, will anything be done about.  Just getting annoyed with all these 20 or so 10-minute discharge summaries from my second-secondary of non-emergent issues that this one garbage mouth dictator is putting out, when I've got H&Ps going out of TAT on my main account (that are super easy lines by the way, which annoys me more).  just venting. ...

Does Anybody Know If LPH Stats In 7.2 Accurate?
Mar 28, 2013

Mine shows consistently over the 150 minimum and sometimes over 200, but my supervisor keeps saying I am below 150, and you know what that means..... ...

Looking At My Stats And Doing Some Calculations,
Apr 30, 2014

and, in my case, ASR saves about 25% to 30% of time versus straight transcription, so the fact that I personally am only making 50% of my regular line rate on ASR is the reason my paychecks have gotten so pitiful.  The bottom line is MM has to know ASR is not helping us do the reports twice as fast, so they are purposely not paying us fairly for ASR.  What I would like to know is are they giving the clients a 50% discount on ASR reports? ...

Individual Stats
Feb 02, 2015

since I stopped sending blanks to QA.  No 3cpl deduction for me. ...

When Will The Stats Show The Reality In Transcription?
Nov 15, 2009

In searching the web for a new job I keep running into federal and state stats that say the low end salary of a newbie transcriptionist is $14 and high end is $24.  They must be talking American dollars because Indians make $0.78 an hour.  They also say it is a growing field (so much so it's spilling into the sea and floating to India) and there is a high demand for experienced medical transcriptionists (!?)  Where the heck do they get their outdated information???  I f ...

Farewell To The Proficiency Stats Email
Mar 14, 2013

the latest proficiency stats email says it will be the last - which is good because I don't think anyone likes them. ...

Has Anyone Seen Reliable Stats On How Many MT Jobs Have Been Offshored?
Dec 16, 2013

xx ...

What Successful MTs Are Saying To Each Other When You Aren't Around
Jun 28, 2012

The "When You Aren't Around" part is just to get your attention. I know that many of you are also successful MTs. There are many others who believe they are and will argue until the cows come home to convince us that they are, when they aren't. Most successful MTs have seen the ones I'm talking about. I've been a successful MT for years. Throughout the years I've known a lot of MTs, some managing to get jobs and somehow keep them because of connections or friendships, o ...

So If Demographics Aren't Important Enough For The
Jan 20, 2010

Why are we getting multiple e-mails about spending extra time on them because HIPAA is so important these days?    ...

An MT Supervisor Told Me (Regarding MTs Who Aren't Doing Well)
Mar 12, 2010

An MT supervisor told me that when they aren't happy with an MT's work because they aren't following instructions or are getting sloppy, they just take them off the schedule. Sometimes they do it gradually and other times leave them with little or no work. They keep the work for the MTs who are doing the best job with the least fuss. Interesting. ...

Buch Of Vipers Aren't We
Aug 23, 2010

I am sooo sick and tired of the "snping and snarking" on this board and it is ALL over - I  have been an MT for 30+ years and seen this profession "dowm the crapper".  I live in Miami  -- AVERAGE rent for a one bedroom @1200.  Can I make it, can I get food stamps  -NO but I am supporting the "illegals who can in this country.  America  - I am sick and tired of "I  CANT LIVE OF LEFTOVERS because of hubby or S/O  -- guess what, having to move, and I mak ...

Hope There Aren't Any San Fran MT's Out There!
Nov 05, 2014

San Francisco voters approved a bill to raise the minimum wage to $15 yesterday!  I hope no Nuance MT's live there (HA! Like a Nuance MT could afford to live in the most expensive city in the US).  At the current line rates for editing, they'd have to produce over 375 LPH to not have make-up-pay!  I don't know for certain that Nuance has a federal contract, but assuming they do for their Dragon software (or speech recognition software, period), I wonder wonder if N ...

All The Things We Do That Aren't Production
Dec 08, 2014

Here's the thing that gets me.  We have a punch in for production or continuing education, but what about all the general stuff we do that we either have to do on our own time, or if we do punch in, it will go against our production rate.  And it may be that it is just a small amount of time everyday, but the fact is the salary people don't have to read their emails or maintain their computer systems on their own time.  We have our Quality person who is maintaining a boo ...

MTs Aren't Eligible For Choice Plus And Can Only Get The HRA Plan?
Oct 08, 2010

Wow, it doesnt' say on the website that MTs aren't eligible for Choice Plus and can only get the HRA plan.  What a huge disappointment to work 90 days and find that out.  I am super bummed...     ...

Why Aren't The Archives In Date Order?
Oct 31, 2011

Looking through archives here for info on a couple of companies, who uses ChartNet and so forth... there is NO order to the way posts are listed.  Why is that?  It should be an easy fix and soooooooooo helpful! ...

Can You Succeed In Coding If You Aren't Good At MT
Apr 05, 2012

I'm very interested in learning new things. I have a certificate in cosmetology, an associate degree in business admin/microcomputers (worthless now because I learn pre-windows), had a real estate license (couldn't make money in my area), a dental assitant diploma (can no longer work in the field due to a latex allergy and a hip replacement due to a tumor), and a MT certiificate. All the other fields academically I did VERY well at but MT was a struggle for me because I could never dev ...

How Would You Explain Why You Aren't Working At This Time?
Aug 30, 2013

I was terminated in March and now I cannot find a job. I have been working for 31 years, and this past account was a disaster. (I worked for 2 years at this company but moved to another account and had to learn so many, many things, and one of the docs were so bad, that when I asked for help I instead got a critical error. The TSM's seemed to not like me and would not help me learn VR (because my immediate supervisor went on leave of absence). So I ran out of work after 5 hours every day a ...

We're In The Driver's Seat, So Why Aren't We Driving?
May 21, 2015

A national work stoppage of 2 days would be sufficient to arrest the downward spiral and bring MTSOs to a bargaining position.  So, why hasn't it happened? I guarantee you that none of the horrible consequences that you might believe would happen would occur.   ...

Aren't Bonuses Supposed To Be Paid Out Tomorrow?
Jul 30, 2013

Aren't bonuses supposed to be paid out tomorrow?  I went on to ADP because normally your check that is coming will show up a day or two in advance and there is nothing there so I guess that means no bonus.  I got one last time and I thought this will probably the last one I ever get with this company due to the new errors that I have all of a sudden started making after 15 years of typing.  ...

Aren't Any Companies Hiring Part-time? Frustrated!
Nov 09, 2009

I have applied at so many of these companies, taken and apparently passed the tests, filled out extensive interview forms, only to have them get back to me with "we don't have any part-time positions at this time". This is getting old and I am really getting frustrated. ...

Landmark Frustrations - Aren't Allowed To Work On My Account Due To Low Volume
Feb 08, 2013

Once again, we aren't allowed to work on my account due to low volume.  This is about the fifth time in the past week.  I've only been with Landmark for 6 or 7 months and I'm really starting to regret taking a position there.  It was great for the first few months, but then the work started disappearing.  Lucikly, I have a second interview next week with another company.  If I get hired, I'll probably just keep Landmark as a side job, because that's really all it� ...

How Should This Be Typed
Feb 23, 2010

1-1/2 inch or 1.5 inch Had a doctor say 1.5 inch needle and I was taught that it should be 1-1/2 inch needle. Thanks ...

How Is This Typed?
Aug 14, 2010

Is it 36 weeks and 1 day gestation or 36 weeks 1 day gestation?  Thanx ...

Typed By An ILP
Feb 03, 2012

Typed (not ASR):  CAT scan of the cervical area done on the genitalia first.  Dictated:  CAT scan of the cervical area done on January 31. This person isn't even on 100% QA.  You get what you pay for.   ...

6MP Protonix - Typed Right??
Nov 07, 2009

I'm just not sure.  thanks for any help! ...

No Pay For Lines Typed
Dec 04, 2013

No pay for lines typed (1400 to be exact).  Manager and supervisor won't address issue.  Have no contact with HR or Payroll as they will not respond to e-mails or phone calls.  Should I contact the labor board to get paid? ...