A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Landmark frustrations - aren't allowed to work on my account due to low volume - Irritated

Posted: Feb 08, 2013

Once again, we aren't allowed to work on my account due to low volume.  This is about the fifth time in the past week.  I've only been with Landmark for 6 or 7 months and I'm really starting to regret taking a position there.  It was great for the first few months, but then the work started disappearing.  Lucikly, I have a second interview next week with another company.  If I get hired, I'll probably just keep Landmark as a side job, because that's really all it's good for.  There's no way I can make a full-time living there with the way things have been going lately.  Just had to vent.  

That's what I did. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I loved the work I did for LM, but after six months or so my work was diminishing to near nothing. I found another job and kept LM as a backup. It finally got to the point that I was making around $50 dollars a pay period with LM, there was really only a report every now and then that K would so kindly email me and tell me needed to be typed and I just stopped logging in. I never even told them I quit and they never even asked.

Same here - ExLM

[ In Reply To ..]
I was only there for about 4-5 months. I was hired for what I was told was an "extremely busy account" and that I would most likely never run out of work, only to find out that once cold and flu season was over, most of the work went away. I'm pretty sure that my account was only overflow and we just got what was leftover from the hospital's in-house MTs. I kept asking for a backup account, but never got one. I finally got a new job and left.

Even worse, I think they take on "temporary" assignments - ExLM2

[ In Reply To ..]
But, they don't bother to tell the MT that it is a temporary position. When I was hired, I too was hired for a "very busy account." Same situation, work was plentiful, then all of a sudden NONE. I cannot imagine it being "over-staffing" as some have said, because I would log in at all different times, all throughout the day, just to try to get some lines and the work would be NONE.

It goes back to I don't know why companies can't be HONEST, just tell us up front, if it is temporary work, overflow work, part-time work, p.r.n. work or whatever. Stop leading people to believe they can make a living and pay their bills if they "work hard" when they don't give us the opportunity to work!
Exactly! - Frustrated
[ In Reply To ..]
What REALLY makes my blood boil is that I left my job of several years to take what I was told was a full-time position at Landmark because I was assured that I would have plenty of work. I was led to believe that it would be worth leaving my old job for a position at Landmark. I'm really kicking myself now!
Me too! - AnotherLandmarker
[ In Reply To ..]
When I had the phone interview, I was told it was very busy and PLENTY of work. I decided to go with them, because the job I had required a schedule and LM did not. I even asked her point blank if they run out of work often and she said NEVER and her exact words were: "You may have time to run put on a load of laundry during your shift, but not much more than that." I could have hand sewn my entire wardrobe with the time I had not typing, sewn the clothes, hand washed, dried, folded, etc.

Not sure why they choose to mislead and not sure why companies can do that to a person without feeling bad for them.

Curious, do they have a minimum amount of hours you have to work? - me

[ In Reply To ..]
I work there too and work fluctuates. I am barely getting 15 hours a week. Are they going to fire me over it?

No, they won't fire you, they prefer you be happy with your line cuts and not say anything. - NM

[ In Reply To ..]

Maybe I should apply there. I was thinking about getting - a part-time job. See msg

[ In Reply To ..]
If they dont care whether or not you get a certain amount of hours in and your only looking to make a little bit of extra, that might work for me. I can understand being ticked for those who are full-time though. I wouldn't appreciate running out or not having enough work either if that was my primary. But just wondering what it's like part-time. Are they IC? and what do they require per week for part-time?
From my experience they are employee - me again
[ In Reply To ..]
but I've read on here somewhere they also have IC jobs, so I don't know. The pay apparently varies as well, as I only get 3CPL for editing and others sound to get more. The problem with 3CPL editing is that you have to work so incredibly fast to make any money, it really stresses you out! My account has work, but it's about 95% ESL and 3CPL. I feel like crying some days.
Thanks me. I didn't know the pay was 3 cpl. I suspect - that those who make more are
[ In Reply To ..]
people who have been here a lot longer. Its probably the new hires who hey are now starting at 3cpl. On second thought, maybe that wont work. Im sure you do have to work extremely fast to make any money with that rate. Thanks for the reply.
They're really only good for part-time - Frustrated
[ In Reply To ..]
Landmark is EXTREMELY flexible with schedules. That's really one of the only good things about them. I was hired full-time and they asked me what I prefer and I told them the time of day I prefer to work and that was it. I don't even have a schedule. That's one of the reasons I plan on keeping my job with them part-time if I get this new job that I have a second interview for. Don't go to Landmark if you are going to depend on it as your main source of income. It will be great for a while and you'll have more than enough work, but then it will start to dwindle and you'll be out of work before you know it. However, if you already have a full-time job and want something part-time that is really flexible with schedules for a little extra/supplemental income, then it would be perfect.
What hrs are considered parttime? Will they let you SM - Mn LMT
[ In Reply To ..]
just work 10 hours a week if that's all you want? I think I'm going to need very part-time soon.
LOL @ "very part-time" I need **very** part-time too. - 10hrs would be about all I need as well.
[ In Reply To ..]
Most MTSOs want 24 and I just cant do that.
I'm not sure they hire for "part-time" - LMmt
[ In Reply To ..]
With me, they told me they ONLY had full-time and they didn't hire part-time. They DO hire IC though, but they "say" it has to be full-time IC 1200 lines per day (That's what they told me). You just put the amount of lines you can type per day on a schedule and that's that. When you first start, you may have to work harder,but then your work will run out and you will be less than part-time, so no worries:)
Thanks again. Frustrated - Do you also make 3cpl? - Sounds great for part-time, but
[ In Reply To ..]
not sure it would be worth it for 3cpl.
I do straight typing at 8 and editing at 4 - Frustrated
[ In Reply To ..]
Pay at LM varies by account. For straight typing I get 8 cpl and 4 cpl for editing, but I do know of other accounts that only pay 3 for editing.
Not trying to be rude but sm - NeedTheLines
[ In Reply To ..]
It's a little irritating when the original post is about the lack of work and people then post about wanting to apply for a supplemental job, only to swoop up what little work there is!
Agree!!!! - Another LMMT
[ In Reply To ..]
Nothing else to be said. I, a full-time MT at Landmark struggling to make the amount of lines I need, agree 200%!!!!
Why is someone wanting to get a part-time supplemental job - ID
[ In Reply To ..]
less deserving of work than someone who is working full-time? I guess I don't understand. Both need money. Both are doing what works for them. If it was a job that had plenty of work, then I would understand a bit more, but when it's hard to get a full-time amount of lines, then it leads MTs to have find work elsewhere. Whatever helps them. I don't understand being mad at them.
IC part-time - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
They require 600 lines per day for part-time. You WON'T get the 600 lines per day. I never even got enough work to have part-time and it was a waste of my time.

I have a question for LM (I don't know any personally) - hello!

[ In Reply To ..]
Is K. the only person you go to for anything? I feel terrible asking her stuff becauses I see she's on IM 23 hours a day and she has so much going on (at least from what I can tell). Is anyone else on board to talk to, or is she the only one? What does she do when she gets sick? I like her a lot, she's been very helpful to me and I have no complaints other than I feel terrible asking her for help on something dumb because I figure she's swamped.

I think she's the only one - Frustrated

[ In Reply To ..]
I know what you mean. It seems like she works 24/7. I was never given any other people to contact other than her.

She's the only one I contact, but on my account she has help - Landmarker

[ In Reply To ..]
She didn't used to, but at least on my account there is one other person doing QA now. I would imagine that person is helping her out in many areas. If I have questions though (which I hardly ever do), K is the one I go to. She's always good about responding, though. The IM is showing on all the time because I think she leaves her computer on when she's not on it. A couple of times I've IM'd her at weird hours and gotten no response, so I figured she actually was having a life.
There are TWO QA people I know who came from KEYSTROKES - One just started in November
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know if they allow QA to type, but if they do, there's where your line counts are going. One of the QA used to be my lead at KS, and she would route all the cake work to herself! Good luck to you is all I can say!
Interesting you say that because...... - just me in MN
[ In Reply To ..]
I have noticded bulks of work will be missing when I'm the only one typing and I believe they are the non-ESL docs that are missing! My account is mostly just ESL and it's very frustrating. One night I was working extra late and I had several really good docs. I was thinking maybe this hospital only hired people would didn't speak English originally. Now I wonder if someone is taking the good reports. Things that make you go hmmm.

Similar Messages:

Landmark Frustrations
Jan 14, 2013

Sitting here all dang day asking for next job.  I have spent more keystrokes hitting next job than I have transcribed.  This is disgusting. ...

One Landmark Account Out Of Work...
Feb 05, 2013

So it is claimed the account is slow what they really need to say is we overhired for this account and it is in turnaround and we're happy but you all have to fight to meet your line counts. That has been the story for the last week and this week is looking no different. So glad this is only part time for me!! If you're on that account full time I feel sorry for you! ...

Landmark Escription Account?
Mar 12, 2013

Anyone out there work on a Landmark escription account? Can you tell me what your experience is like...enough work, CPL? I was thinking of applying, but want to know if it's worth my time. TIA. ...

Losing Account-Landmark
Jun 06, 2014

Anyone else suffering from this at Landmark?  Worked for company for almost 10 years as an employee.  Now all of a sudden they lost an account, have no work available to compensate for it.  Notified us by an email which I personally never received.  Asked if I wanted to be put on a waiting list for new work.  Are you serious?  I'm just baffled that they have gone to treating their MT's this way as they have been nothing but great to work for in the past. ...

Work On The Landmark Oncology Account?
Apr 12, 2012

I had a message on my voicemail last night from Landmark offering me a job on their Oncology account. Is anyone currently working on this account, if so, has there been plenty of work, or have you been running out? I have noticed quite a few post lately about them running out of work. Just want to know what I am getting into before I return their call. Thanks so much! ...

Anyone Else Starting With The New Landmark Account Today?
Sep 17, 2013

New account starting up today.  Anyone else giving it a shot? ...

Landmark Transcription Lost Radiology Account
May 09, 2012

Whoever worked for Landmark Transcription recently and lost a hospital radiology account, I am wondering if you have found other work yet?? ...

Landmark Is Hiring For A Bayscribe Oncology Account
May 16, 2013

Landmark is hiring for a Bayscribe Oncology account.  Just a heads up, I currently work on a Bayscribe oncology account for them and I NEVER EVER have work!  I made $237.00 for the last 2-week paycheck.  I don't know if it is the same account they are hiring for, but even if it isn't, I have asked and asked for a new account, getting no response.  Just a warning, don't quit your day job! ...

Frustrations....any Suggestions
Aug 11, 2010

I am getting frustrated with applying for a job and just wondered if anyone had suggestions on how to keep positive.  I have about 7 months experience from a prior job but left due to it not being the "right" fit.  I look on here and MTjobs every day and also have professional help with the transcription school I graduated from.  Thanks for the help.   ...

Landmark NO WORK On "'NEW ACCOUNT"
Jan 25, 2010

Here we go again!  Same story, different day, week, month or year it seems!  Landmark hires 40+ MTs for a "new hospital account" and the work trickles in like water out of a cement block!  Why hire 40+ full time MTs to cover what is soooo obviously an over flow account?   why promise work and talk of "worried we may not have ENOUGH coverage....." if you know you have a slew of MTs trying to make an honest living on an account you have so totally overstaffed its ridiculou ...

Landmark Insurance - Does Landmark Offer To Full Time Employees?
Jan 24, 2012

What kind, if any, insurance does Landmark offer to full time employees? Medical, life, dental, etc Need medical and dental and thinking about taking a job here. ...

What Successful MTs Are Saying To Each Other When You Aren't Around
Jun 28, 2012

The "When You Aren't Around" part is just to get your attention. I know that many of you are also successful MTs. There are many others who believe they are and will argue until the cows come home to convince us that they are, when they aren't. Most successful MTs have seen the ones I'm talking about. I've been a successful MT for years. Throughout the years I've known a lot of MTs, some managing to get jobs and somehow keep them because of connections or friendships, o ...

So If Demographics Aren't Important Enough For The
Jan 20, 2010

Why are we getting multiple e-mails about spending extra time on them because HIPAA is so important these days?    ...

An MT Supervisor Told Me (Regarding MTs Who Aren't Doing Well)
Mar 12, 2010

An MT supervisor told me that when they aren't happy with an MT's work because they aren't following instructions or are getting sloppy, they just take them off the schedule. Sometimes they do it gradually and other times leave them with little or no work. They keep the work for the MTs who are doing the best job with the least fuss. Interesting. ...

Buch Of Vipers Aren't We
Aug 23, 2010

I am sooo sick and tired of the "snping and snarking" on this board and it is ALL over - I  have been an MT for 30+ years and seen this profession "dowm the crapper".  I live in Miami  -- AVERAGE rent for a one bedroom @1200.  Can I make it, can I get food stamps  -NO but I am supporting the "illegals who can in this country.  America  - I am sick and tired of "I  CANT LIVE OF LEFTOVERS because of hubby or S/O  -- guess what, having to move, and I mak ...

Hope There Aren't Any San Fran MT's Out There!
Nov 05, 2014

San Francisco voters approved a bill to raise the minimum wage to $15 yesterday!  I hope no Nuance MT's live there (HA! Like a Nuance MT could afford to live in the most expensive city in the US).  At the current line rates for editing, they'd have to produce over 375 LPH to not have make-up-pay!  I don't know for certain that Nuance has a federal contract, but assuming they do for their Dragon software (or speech recognition software, period), I wonder wonder if N ...

All The Things We Do That Aren't Production
Dec 08, 2014

Here's the thing that gets me.  We have a punch in for production or continuing education, but what about all the general stuff we do that we either have to do on our own time, or if we do punch in, it will go against our production rate.  And it may be that it is just a small amount of time everyday, but the fact is the salary people don't have to read their emails or maintain their computer systems on their own time.  We have our Quality person who is maintaining a boo ...

MTs Aren't Eligible For Choice Plus And Can Only Get The HRA Plan?
Oct 08, 2010

Wow, it doesnt' say on the website that MTs aren't eligible for Choice Plus and can only get the HRA plan.  What a huge disappointment to work 90 days and find that out.  I am super bummed...     ...

Why Aren't The Archives In Date Order?
Oct 31, 2011

Looking through archives here for info on a couple of companies, who uses ChartNet and so forth... there is NO order to the way posts are listed.  Why is that?  It should be an easy fix and soooooooooo helpful! ...

Can You Succeed In Coding If You Aren't Good At MT
Apr 05, 2012

I'm very interested in learning new things. I have a certificate in cosmetology, an associate degree in business admin/microcomputers (worthless now because I learn pre-windows), had a real estate license (couldn't make money in my area), a dental assitant diploma (can no longer work in the field due to a latex allergy and a hip replacement due to a tumor), and a MT certiificate. All the other fields academically I did VERY well at but MT was a struggle for me because I could never dev ...

How Would You Explain Why You Aren't Working At This Time?
Aug 30, 2013

I was terminated in March and now I cannot find a job. I have been working for 31 years, and this past account was a disaster. (I worked for 2 years at this company but moved to another account and had to learn so many, many things, and one of the docs were so bad, that when I asked for help I instead got a critical error. The TSM's seemed to not like me and would not help me learn VR (because my immediate supervisor went on leave of absence). So I ran out of work after 5 hours every day a ...

We're In The Driver's Seat, So Why Aren't We Driving?
May 21, 2015

A national work stoppage of 2 days would be sufficient to arrest the downward spiral and bring MTSOs to a bargaining position.  So, why hasn't it happened? I guarantee you that none of the horrible consequences that you might believe would happen would occur.   ...

Aren't Bonuses Supposed To Be Paid Out Tomorrow?
Jul 30, 2013

Aren't bonuses supposed to be paid out tomorrow?  I went on to ADP because normally your check that is coming will show up a day or two in advance and there is nothing there so I guess that means no bonus.  I got one last time and I thought this will probably the last one I ever get with this company due to the new errors that I have all of a sudden started making after 15 years of typing.  ...

Dictator Ranting About How His Stats Aren't Typed
Nov 30, 2013

I just had a dictator rant to me about how none of his stat reports are being typed in an urgent fashion. The thing is, he only dictates that they are stat reports, saying "this is a priority report" on his dictations, but never marks the reports themselves as stats so they end up being distributed as regular dictations. It looks like someone wasn't paying attention in training. He must think we all have telepathy and know what is dictated in a report before even getting them. ...

How Many F11's Are We Allowed?
Feb 02, 2011

x ...

Should It Be Allowed (they Just Did This To Me)
Feb 02, 2013

I sent a dictation to QC for blanks because the dictator was saying wrong words, and mis-speaking.  I just got about 7 major errors for things which the dictator changed mind, slurred, and that is why I put it in the pending with questions to begin with.  So, is this the correct policy. Put in the blanks, question certain words and then still get in trouble for this as major errors? I did not put through to client, questioned each, put difficult dictator in box, please help and then I ...

Uh Oh...we Were Allowed To
Dec 25, 2014

in case of NJA, which I did, but now I am not having NJA.  Will have to find out what to do.  All the new ideas seem to be bad ones, but then, what would one expect with MM. ...

Aren't Any Companies Hiring Part-time? Frustrated!
Nov 09, 2009

I have applied at so many of these companies, taken and apparently passed the tests, filled out extensive interview forms, only to have them get back to me with "we don't have any part-time positions at this time". This is getting old and I am really getting frustrated. ...

If & Is Not Allowed To Be Use Why Does ASR Print It
Jul 18, 2012

x ...

I Was Not Allowed To Take Off For This Weekend.
May 25, 2013

As I watched my family leave and our dog to head to our relatives cabin in the next neighboring state last night, I cleaned the house and did some laundry and worked my last hour typing.  This morning I am ready to work my 8 hours and what happens???  NO WORK.  You think I would be used to this by now after all these years, but now I am really ANGRY!  I have done this when it is Easter, Thanksgiving, Fourth of July, etc.  That is it.  No more will I ...