A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Bankruptcy court will hold hearing at 12PM CST - to confirm sale of Spheris to MQ

Posted: Apr 15, 2010

MedQuist Inc. is set to buy bankrupt medical transcription firm Spheris Inc., sources confirmed to NashvillePost.com this morning.

The New Jersey-based company came out on top in the race to buy Spheris' assets, beating out competitors Transcend Services and Nuance Communications in an auction that apparently lasted through Wednesday night and into this morning.

It is unclear this morning what price MedQuist (Ticker: MEDQ) will actually pay for Spheris. Transcend offered $78.2 million to join the auction.

The Delaware bankruptcy court will hold a hearing at 12 p.m. CST to confirm the sale. As of 9 a.m., the sale order was not available.

http://www.nashvillepost.com/news/2010/4/15/medquist_to_buy_spheris

blahhhh, blahhhh, blaaaahhhhh - dry heaves

[ In Reply To ..]
totally unstopable now

That's where your money went if you still work for MQ! - mrs.krabs

[ In Reply To ..]
They don't own me anymore.

Does MQ ALWAYS GET WHAT THEY WANT? - I wonder.

[ In Reply To ..]
I would like to know if this buyout was a bribe, blackmail, threat, conspiracy, who paid who, for this buyout to happen. I doubt it was done the RIGHT LEGAL WAY.

If MQ was involved, I am sure it was shady. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

YUP - MT Idiot

[ In Reply To ..]
Pretty close to "always."

Similar Messages:

Is It Possible For CCM To Hold
Feb 25, 2010

and assign them as needed WITHOUT them ever showing up on the DQM backlog? ...

Shouldn't I Hold Off
Jun 12, 2013

If one has never done any coding wouldn't it be better to wait till the schools are teaching ICD-10? ...

Should I Upgrade To 7.4 Or Hold Out And Keep 7.3?
Mar 22, 2014

nm ...

Doc Just Told Me To Hold My Water.
Feb 11, 2010

He started dictating an Op note and then got confused.  While trying to figure out what the heck he was doing, he said "hold your water." Maybe I'm just really bored today, or maybe my sense of humor is out of whack, but I started laughing hysterically at that! When the doc actually talks directly to me instead of just dictating (unless they are being a jerk) it's nice because you realize that he or she knows there is someone listening....even if they're telling you to ...

New To Psych, S/l Patient On Hold For Greater Than 70T? Nm
Jan 26, 2010

nm ...

Anyone Have A Master Ticket Number? I'm On Hold!!
Oct 06, 2014

x ...

Court Reporting
Mar 03, 2011

As I have all of my eggs in one basket with medical transcription, I am looking into court reporting.  I have been in this industry for 20 years and I have seen the constant decline of this industry.   I am just curious if anyone has knowledge of court reporting and if it would be an easy transition.  I will primarily be focused on worker's comp depositions.  I don't foresee any problem with the doctor's deposition as I have the medical terminology down.  Thanks for any i ...

MT To Court Reporter
Aug 10, 2011

Reading online earlier about 5 jobs where you can earn over $100K without a degree.  The last was court reporter and the 90th percentile earnings were $105K, median $57,200.  Not looking to even earn that much but would like to know if anyone knows what the training entails.  TIA ...

Scoping For Court Reporters
Jul 26, 2010

I am considering taking a scoping course/do reports for court reporters, may be in the future to make a switch from medical transcription.  Anyone has any advice for me.  Thanks. ...

Heritage Court Reporters
Jun 22, 2011

Has anyone heard of this company out of D.C.? and if so, what do you know? ...

Has Anyone Researched Court Reporting Or Scoping? SM
Oct 19, 2010

All of my work seems to be going to EMR or voice recognition.  I have three kids and I need to stay financially stable.  As I hang on to my last account, I am looking to go back to school.  I dont know where to go.  I was thinking about court reporting and/or scoping work.  Does anyone know where I can find information on these careers? Better yet, does anyone have personal experiencing working within this field? ...

Has The Same Thing Happened To Court Reporting?
Nov 06, 2013

Just got to wondering. I know back when I made 50K doing MT, I was told court reporters were making twice that.  I never really understood what they do, some kind of shorthand machine? only I don't think they use that anymore.  So has their career gone down the tubes as well? anyone know? ...

Proof Of Work For Small Claims Court?
Apr 08, 2010

So hoping it doesn't come to this, but I'm thinking I may need to take someone to small claims court.  Would my invoices work? Logs? Or do I need the actual reports and if so how does HIPAA play into that? Any advice? many thanks busybee ...

Your Opinions, Please, On Passage Of Obamacare By The Supreme Court!!
Jun 28, 2012

Will MTs become dinosaurs?  Will everything be point-and-click by the doctors and traditional dictation become a thing of the past?  I've been using IntraScript for my doctors' dictation for many years now.  Will these types of digital platforms become obsolete? I admit I'm worried.  I'm the sole support of my family. All opinions are appreciated, and I look forward to reading each one.... ...

Please Tell King Vern, Princess Amy, And Court Jester
Jun 03, 2013

You know this board is being watched today after that email.  I am sure the Royal 3 are being kept abreast of every post here today. ...

MedQuist Awarded Court Approval For Domestic Assets
Feb 28, 2010

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/medquist-awarded-court-approval-as-stalking-horse-bidder-for-domestic-assets-of-spheris-85356647.html   Wow, court okayed and approved for MQ to go ahead and bid on April 13, for Spheris.  Plus MQ is coming out with their own EPIC and it causes 70% less dictation.  EXPECT NO JOBS AVAILABLE COMING SOON.  Also expect getting picked on with your job audits because they want to fire most of us and just keep the BEST OF THE BEST which I h ...

Going Back To School - Info On Court Reporting And/or Scoping?
Nov 06, 2010

Anybody have any info on court reporting and/or scoping? ...

Bankruptcy
Mar 08, 2014

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303369904579425691066660768?mg=reno64-wsj&url=http%3A%2F%2Fonline.wsj.com%2Farticle%2FSB10001424052702303369904579425691066660768.html ...

WELL WELL WELL....BANKRUPTCY
Apr 03, 2014

Not to stomp on someone when they are down....but WOW! You mean with all the outsourcing and cutting pay, you STILL cannot pay your bills M-Modal???  I was really surprised to see this in the mail today.  Almost threw it away when I saw it because it looked like junk mail.  Glad I didn't.  Unbelievable. But I imagine they are not filing Chpt 13, just getting a fresh start. Best of luck to all my former sister and brother MTs there!  Wow!!! ...

Going Through Bankruptcy But Advertising For New MTs?
Mar 10, 2014

Just got an e-mail from Glassdoor about "new jobs for medical transcription" and the first one in the list is M-Modal for acute care MT 3 days ago.  How could they do this if they have filed for bankruptcy?  Or is this just an automated posting for new MTs? ...

M-Modal In Bankruptcy
Apr 06, 2014

I am curious about this.  Are they just reorganizing or going out of business? ...

MModal Bankruptcy
Apr 08, 2014

Im an analyst who is following the bankruptcy of Mmodal and am trying to understand the company better on both the transcription and ASR side.   I have read that on the transcription side, many of you have seen pay cuts, lower task volumes, increased quality standards and/or outsourcing of jobs.  If anyone has the time, would you mind sharing with me when this transition first started?  Has it been 5yrs, 3yrs, 1yr, or only in the last few months that things have gotten more difficult for ...

Bankruptcy Notices
May 03, 2014

Does anyone know why I am receiving notifications of this process when I no longer work for the company?  Are past employees filing claims against the company?  If so, for what exactly?  It appears to be a reorganization of the company and not a dissolution, which is good for those still there.  Just curious about what's going on.  Thanks!   ...

MOT Related To Bankruptcy?
May 12, 2015

It's been my experience that when there's a deluge of work all at once to be finished up, it's because the hospital/company is about to switch gears, with the MT suffering the most.  I'm not financial savvy, but I wonder if this latest MOT stuff is related to the recent bankruptcy, that possibly the reserve money to pay the MTs is running out, so the company is about to go under or sell out.  Something's up for sure. ...

Spheris Bankruptcy Question. Sm
Feb 16, 2010

Today I received 2 letters advising of Spheris bankruptcy.  I want to know if this went out to all employees and ex-employees (like me).  Anyone know why we got these letters? thanks ...

Filed Bankruptcy Today
Feb 18, 2010

Gonna lose the car.  Thank God I work at home, but it still sucks.  ...

M*modal Files For Bankruptcy
Mar 08, 2014

Wall Street Journal M*Modal Preparing to File for Bankruptcy Wall Street Journal M*Modal is in discussions with its creditors on a prearranged restructuring plan that would streamline its trip through bankruptcy court, these people ... ...

Official Notice Of Bankruptcy
Mar 21, 2014

http://www.healthcareitnews.com/news/mmodal-files-bankruptcy-protection?topic=76,02,08 ...

WHY Are WE Getting Legal Notices Of The Bankruptcy??
Apr 02, 2014

Got mail entitled "IMPORTANT LEGAL DOCUMENTS ENCLOSED", and its the legal filings and info on the Chapter 11, as if we, the employees, are creditors???  That makes me WAY WAY NERVOUS, as if I wasn't nervous already.  Any thoughts? I flinched at the email that brought up we "would be paid".  Now I'm freaked.  Been with companies before that went BK and NEVER was included in the legal papers. ...

MModal Bankruptcy Notification
Apr 03, 2014

I also just received the notice of the MModal bankruptcy.  What I'm worried about are the words, "A discharge means that you are barred from attempting to collect your debt from the Debtors..."   Does that mean they won't have to pay us what we worked for once the bankruptcy goes through?  ...