A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Filed Bankruptcy today - MT2020

Posted: Feb 18, 2010

Gonna lose the car.  Thank God I work at home, but it still sucks. 

Don't you usually get to keep one car? - Sounds harsh to me. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Not necessarily nm - MT2020

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

yes, you can keep the car, but you have to - Snow Bunny

[ In Reply To ..]
"reaffirm" it. That basically means that if you're still making payments on it you agree to continue making those payments. You do the same thing if you own a house. If you don't want to lose the house to have to reaffirm it.

To my knowledge, that goes for both Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy.

Sorry to hear, I did last year. It'll be OK. nm - Discharged

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Going through same thing and - Heading south

[ In Reply To ..]
on top of everything else I am losing my home of 25+ years to the bankruptcy court. Get to keep the 15-year-old truck though. I just could not keep up with the medical bills, etc., with my lowered wages. I don't know what I am going to do with the 2 dogs (they are old) and the bird. I am not left with much to even rent an appartment at this point, most do credit check. I am heading south, where living on the street will be warmer than here in the north.

Oh Honey.... - MT2020

[ In Reply To ..]
I am so sorry. I pray you are exaggerating and its not that bad. As for me, I'm just sitting here waiting for them to come and take my car! I am so mortified. I don't want the neighbors to see. But too embarrassed to call the credit union to ask them where they want me to bring it. Sigh. God help us.....

Thank you. I was just informed two days - Heading south

[ In Reply To ..]
ago that they would be taking the house and I am in panic mode; you know how the mind works when in panic mode. Never in my life have I been in this position, but my fault I guess. I was injured during a backpacking trip and with not being able to work for almost a month and the medical bills piling up, everything just got away from me. I lost my long-time accounts due to being gone so long and was put on new ones that had mostly ESL and VR and just could not seem to make the lines needed to keep up with living expenses, so ran up the credit card also, which I knew better. I do have a sister I can stay with in an apartment, but she is struggling herself and I am too embarassed to ask for help from family and way too old to have gotten myself into this mess. I have faith that everything will work out in the end, it is just getting there that is hard. It is the animals that I worry most about, especially the one who saved my life on that backpacking trip.

I feel for anyone going through a bankruptcy and know that many are through no fault of their own, we are all really just one paycheck away from being on the street.

I hope all the best in your situation and am sure everything will work out for you. This is the first time posting anything on here and thank you for letting me vent, it helps.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is, how you cope with it is what makes the difference."
(((HUG))) - MT2020
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm so glad I was here to listen. I know how hard it is. I am so kicking myself right now. Panic mode? I'm just numb. I'm so afraid of the future. Afraid people will come and take my things away. Thanks God the house I was able to get the house exempt.

I don't hear much of this kind of talk here, but I just needed to vent too. Can't share this kind of thing on Facebook LOL.

Thank you for listening too. And just be strong, it will get better.

(((HUG)))
I hear ya. - Heading south
[ In Reply To ..]
Take care
Heading South - Indy-MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I am so close to your situation that it's just down right scary every day, and just hanging on with a thin thread. I had surgeries,time off without pay & bills/living expenses paid via credit cards. You do at the time what you have to, to survive! With one of my accounts going to VR within the next month,I truly can see myself in your same situation!

What touched my heart in your email was that regardless of your situation, you'd find a way to survive and your concern was about your animals, especially the one that saved your life on the backpacking trip. How can I help you keep this truly loyal companion? What kind of dog is he/she? What do you need to not be separated from him/her? What other animals do you have? Maybe all of us on here can help you at least find foster homes for your animals for the time being.

Surely through searching web sites,all of us animal lovers can help you find foster homes to help you out. Can't imagine not being with my daily companions and what you are going through. My heart goes out to you!

What do you need? - HatesLosers
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm in - I'm "up North" too, so if there's anything I can do to help, I surely will - feel free to contact me by email and we'll talk, okay? That goes for both of you...or any of you!!! Not that I'm able to do much to help, but I'm more than willing to at least lend an empathetic ear...you're in my prayers.
HatesLosers, the below post to Indy-MT - Heading south
[ In Reply To ..]
is for you also, and all who posted their willingness to help out. Thank you. Just posting your concern is helpful, reafirms for me there is humanity in this world and opened my eyes enough to pay some of this kindness forward where I can. You are all "trail angels."
I am in tears with all the kind responses - Heading south
[ In Reply To ..]
I am fiercely independent and don't usualy share my problems, so such a surprise to see the kindness in others in the world the way it is today. I don't know why I posted, just saw another in a similar situation and sympathized with their situation.

Not to worry, I am going down to Calif. to stay with a friend of my sister, who has a big fenced yard for Morty (and does not mind him being in the house) and no pets of her own anymore, and I can work from there until I can save enough money to get back "home" to Oregon. Unfortunately, since the bear attack, losing his buddy that day and being injured himself, Morty (cattle dog mix) has become overly protective of me and very dog aggressive (we have been working on this and he is getting better), so hard to find a place to go with him. I will not give him up. My other dog (aussie mix) is nearing the end of her days and my vet has agreed to take her in (they are good buddies) and I will come back when it is her time to go. The bird (cockateil)is going to a neighbor along with the turtle. I have about 60 days to vacate my home and so plenty of time to make arrangements. Thank you for your kindness, it will not be forgotten and for sure will be "paid forward."

If any of you reading this are ever hiking the Pacific Crest Trail in Bend, Oregon, just off the trail near the junction with 7 Lakes Trail is a wooden marker in memory of Bobbie that reads "It's hard to find a friend to match, the little dog beneath this patch, with a heart as big as one can give, she gave her life that I may live. Bobbie, 2001 - 2008." Please stop by this and close your eyes and see a little speckled cattle dog running free in the woods she loved so much, the sweetest cattle dog you will ever meet.

A good credit website - Typin_away

[ In Reply To ..]
I filed about 6 yrs ago. Here is a great website to help you make sure your credit reports are correct after the bankruptcy and to rebuild your credit it the future.

http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php

I am truly touched - MT2020

[ In Reply To ..]
I just wanted to say how touching it is to see people not only willing to help out animals, but also willing to lend empathetic ears. We are more than a MT community here, we are family, and I saw that is these posts.

Bankruptcy-MT2020 and headin south - larch

[ In Reply To ..]
Both of you - I live way up north also and have a large "family of animals." My home is small, but my door is open to both of you and your pets. My lines have also been cut way back as well as my line rate after being in the hospital for over 1 month this past year. Please get in touch or stay in touch with me so that I can help at least put a roof over your head. We have to pull together in this or will all go down the tubes. There is strength in numbers and I would appreciate the company. Let me hear from you please.

I will be moving - Heading south

[ In Reply To ..]
to california to stay with a friend of my sister in the next month or so. I will be taking the one dog with me, the other will be taken care of by my vet. I have found good homes for the bird and turtle. Your generosity is very heartwarming and I appreciate the offer. Hopefully the future will be better for all of us, I have faith all will work out in the end. "Praying to God, but rowing toward shore" is what I am doing now and things seem to be falling together, no time to sit and stress anymore.

That's a good idea - MT2020

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not losing my home, but just to throw this out there. I have an adult, female, spayed cat named Aimee, and about 4 or 5 months ago, she was shot. See, we don't live in the best neighborhood. Anyway, she's and older car, trained to go outside, or use a litter box, and as much as I love her, I still worry about her, now more than ever. She's not as agile anymore, and I worry about dogs and mean people (like the one that shot her). She had to have her frong right leg removed. It was a very lucky shot, unfortunately. She was shot from one side of her paw through the other. Not up-to-down, but side-to-side. Poor thing barely made it home. But anyway, more than anything Aimee needs a loving lap to lay in, and someone to pet her. That's all she wants now, and my kids are older, and I work like a slave. So, with that being said. If anyone, in the North Carolina, triad area, has a loving, quiet home for my Aimee, please e-mail me, and we can talk. Thanks!

Similar Messages:

Has Anyone Filed Bankruptcy And Foreclosure During These Hard Times
Mar 10, 2011

I got caught up in the ARM back in 2004 and 2005 and when it was time for my mortgage to adjust, the rates were higher, and my payment jumped to almost 900.00 dollars a month, and while that may sound low to some, how about at the same time, regular transcription went to VR, and companies started outsourcing, and my transcription pay went from about 45,000 a year to 29,000 to 30,000.  I finally found a stable MT position at a local hospital, at almost 17.00 an hour, and while it is a good s ...

I'm Out Of The MT Market... I Filed For Social Security Today
Nov 02, 2009

I have grown tired of looking for a job, and it just so happens I turn 62 next month, so I'm out of the MT market.  Goodbye to you MTSOs who play games with hard working people trying to put food on the table.  It's gonna catch up with you and as they say, "Jimmy Crack Corn and....."  I pray you MTs who are younger will find jobs or get out of this dying field.  It has really changed in the last 15 years, but radically changed in the last 2.  Goodbye.&nbs ...

Has Anyone Filed For UE
Mar 19, 2013

Is it just me or is their website kind of a maze? They want to know what my eligibility benefit is, but how can I find that? ...

Has Anyone Ever Filed For
Jun 01, 2013

from doing editing work?   I have been doing this now for about 3 years, and recently after about 2 hours into my work days I have started getting shooting pains in my hands and arms.  I don't think it is CTS because the pains are only when I am actually keyboarding.   (Then again maybe it is psychosomatic because I hate this job so much! )  Thanks.   ...

Bankruptcy
Mar 08, 2014

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303369904579425691066660768?mg=reno64-wsj&url=http%3A%2F%2Fonline.wsj.com%2Farticle%2FSB10001424052702303369904579425691066660768.html ...

WELL WELL WELL....BANKRUPTCY
Apr 03, 2014

Not to stomp on someone when they are down....but WOW! You mean with all the outsourcing and cutting pay, you STILL cannot pay your bills M-Modal???  I was really surprised to see this in the mail today.  Almost threw it away when I saw it because it looked like junk mail.  Glad I didn't.  Unbelievable. But I imagine they are not filing Chpt 13, just getting a fresh start. Best of luck to all my former sister and brother MTs there!  Wow!!! ...

I Give Up. Has Anyone Filed For UE
Mar 12, 2013

My TSM is RW. Just WONDERING if anyone else in her region has filed? TIA ...

Going Through Bankruptcy But Advertising For New MTs?
Mar 10, 2014

Just got an e-mail from Glassdoor about "new jobs for medical transcription" and the first one in the list is M-Modal for acute care MT 3 days ago.  How could they do this if they have filed for bankruptcy?  Or is this just an automated posting for new MTs? ...

M-Modal In Bankruptcy
Apr 06, 2014

I am curious about this.  Are they just reorganizing or going out of business? ...

MModal Bankruptcy
Apr 08, 2014

Im an analyst who is following the bankruptcy of Mmodal and am trying to understand the company better on both the transcription and ASR side.   I have read that on the transcription side, many of you have seen pay cuts, lower task volumes, increased quality standards and/or outsourcing of jobs.  If anyone has the time, would you mind sharing with me when this transition first started?  Has it been 5yrs, 3yrs, 1yr, or only in the last few months that things have gotten more difficult for ...

Bankruptcy Notices
May 03, 2014

Does anyone know why I am receiving notifications of this process when I no longer work for the company?  Are past employees filing claims against the company?  If so, for what exactly?  It appears to be a reorganization of the company and not a dissolution, which is good for those still there.  Just curious about what's going on.  Thanks!   ...

MOT Related To Bankruptcy?
May 12, 2015

It's been my experience that when there's a deluge of work all at once to be finished up, it's because the hospital/company is about to switch gears, with the MT suffering the most.  I'm not financial savvy, but I wonder if this latest MOT stuff is related to the recent bankruptcy, that possibly the reserve money to pay the MTs is running out, so the company is about to go under or sell out.  Something's up for sure. ...

Spheris Bankruptcy Question. Sm
Feb 16, 2010

Today I received 2 letters advising of Spheris bankruptcy.  I want to know if this went out to all employees and ex-employees (like me).  Anyone know why we got these letters? thanks ...

Has Anyone Ever Filed A Workers Comp
Apr 26, 2012

I was just looking through the Human Resources page and can't find anything about WC. Just curious if anyone has filed for it and any clue on who to talk to about it? TIA ...

Ever Filed A Workers Comp?
Aug 07, 2012

I have carpal tunnel. Is it possible to file a WC case at MModal for this? Who would I speak to in Human Resources.  Spent a bit of time looking at MQCentral (or whatever it's called) and got dizzy, but couldn't find an answer. TIA ...

To Those Who Have Filed For Partial Unemployment
Nov 01, 2012

I briefly looked over the website for unemployment in my state (Texas) and find it very confusing.  Did you go to an office to do this?  Also what info do I need to have available for filing?  Believe me, I've been job hunting for 2+ years.  I've had a couple of interviews but so far no hire.  I'm almost to the point I would work in housekeeping just to get a steady job!!!!!!  Thanks for any help you can give. ...

Wow, So I Filed For Unemployment......what A Surprise....
Aug 23, 2013

Turns out my weekly benefit is MORE than I was making at MM before I got laid off, at least recently. I'm guessing it's because I made more before and slowly but surely my pay kept going down down down. Apparently the UI benefit is based on an average of what you made all year or something. All I know is that by getting laid off, I am actually going to make much more than I did as of late. Isn't that a hoot. Good riddance M-Modal! ...

M*modal Files For Bankruptcy
Mar 08, 2014

Wall Street Journal M*Modal Preparing to File for Bankruptcy Wall Street Journal M*Modal is in discussions with its creditors on a prearranged restructuring plan that would streamline its trip through bankruptcy court, these people ... ...

Official Notice Of Bankruptcy
Mar 21, 2014

http://www.healthcareitnews.com/news/mmodal-files-bankruptcy-protection?topic=76,02,08 ...

WHY Are WE Getting Legal Notices Of The Bankruptcy??
Apr 02, 2014

Got mail entitled "IMPORTANT LEGAL DOCUMENTS ENCLOSED", and its the legal filings and info on the Chapter 11, as if we, the employees, are creditors???  That makes me WAY WAY NERVOUS, as if I wasn't nervous already.  Any thoughts? I flinched at the email that brought up we "would be paid".  Now I'm freaked.  Been with companies before that went BK and NEVER was included in the legal papers. ...

MModal Bankruptcy Notification
Apr 03, 2014

I also just received the notice of the MModal bankruptcy.  What I'm worried about are the words, "A discharge means that you are barred from attempting to collect your debt from the Debtors..."   Does that mean they won't have to pay us what we worked for once the bankruptcy goes through?  ...

Bankruptcy Papers Received
May 06, 2014

What the he** are we supposed to do with this paper I received today.  It is asking how much my claim is, how the h*** am I supposed to know.  Am I just to guess or do I need to take this to a lawyer.  I can't figure this stuff out.  So frustrated. ...

Has Anyone Here Filed Workers' Comp At MM?
Apr 20, 2015

I would love to hear your experience.  Did they fight it?  Did they let you come back to your same BOB and shift?  Did you have to pay your entire health insurance premium during that time?  Can you collect short-term disability and workers' comp simultaneously?  Any info at all appreciated.   I've been at MM 15 years and now have CTS, RSI, and epicondylitis, not to mention rapid vision loss from staring at the monitor all day, hearing loss from having t ...

Anyone Ever Filed A Worker's Comp Case?
Mar 23, 2010

Just curious to those who have been in this profession awhile and have become hurt as a result, have you filed and won or not won?  I have battled pain about eight years now and have hit a wall, can no longer work.  My hands and wrists swell up, I have twitches in all fingers, I drop things, cannot grip or open things, cannot write, wear splints, driving hurts.  Just wondering other's experience with this.  I have about 20 years until retirement so I need to keep working ...

With The TT Merger, M*Modal Bankruptcy, And OTI With No Work, Nm
Mar 09, 2014

LOL ...

Mmodal Bankruptcy Notice In Mail
Apr 03, 2014

Just got this in the mail today.  Wondering why? as I quit almost a year ago, got my last check and pto pay without any problems. any ideas? ...

Filed A Remedy Complaint About The New Spellcheck
Dec 22, 2014

First tech wanted to go over with me how to actually do it. I told Sanjeep no thanks I already took the tutorial, I know how to do it, I was just filing a complaint that the new spellcheck is time consuming and redundant and costing me money. Why must I hit spell check minimum of 2 times for each report and why must it stop on every mandatory heading with no way to bypass them? Why does it spellcheck the entire report twice when you try to split a job? Why did they decide to use Shift-Alt fo ...

Bankruptcy Court Will Hold Hearing At 12PM CST
Apr 15, 2010

MedQuist Inc. is set to buy bankrupt medical transcription firm Spheris Inc., sources confirmed to NashvillePost.com this morning. The New Jersey-based company came out on top in the race to buy Spheris' assets, beating out competitors Transcend Services and Nuance Communications in an auction that apparently lasted through Wednesday night and into this morning.   It is unclear this morning what price MedQuist (Ticker: MEDQ) will actually pay for Spheris. Transcend offered $7 ...

Whatever Happened To Lawsuit TransTech Filed Against MT Who Posted Here? Nm
Feb 19, 2011

Nm ...

STAT-Copy Technologies Filing Bankruptcy
Nov 07, 2011

A few weeks ago, I wrote a post on the company board that STAT-Copy Technologies is over 2 months late paying me (over $2500).  A week and a half ago, she had sent me an e-mail saying she sent a check, which I have not yet received as of today.  I contacted her again to let her know I had not received any check.  I told her I was tired of messing around and begging for my money and she would hear from my attorney.  Well, she just e-mailed me and told me her company is filing ...