A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MedQuist Awarded Court Approval for Domestic Assets - of Spheris

Posted: Feb 28, 2010

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/medquist-awarded-court-approval-as-stalking-horse-bidder-for-domestic-assets-of-spheris-85356647.html

Wow, court okayed and approved for MQ to go ahead and bid on April 13, for Spheris. 

Plus MQ is coming out with their own EPIC and it causes 70% less dictation.  EXPECT NO JOBS AVAILABLE COMING SOON.  Also expect getting picked on with your job audits because they want to fire most of us and just keep the BEST OF THE BEST which I have read in a letter and manager has stated that on the phone.  MQ just wants the BEST OF THE BEST FOR EVERYTHING to keep their deep pockets full!

They aren't interested in the best of the best, - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
just the cheapest. Best of the best will be their excuse though. And yes, I do believe that is what all these audits are about--to reduce the amount of MTs, preferably the highest paid ones first.

Please MQ, lay me off, fire me, whatever. I'll just collect my well-deserved unemployment and go back to school. You don't know how tempted I am to purposely fail my audits. In California, you can collect unemployment even if you get fired. So they aren't playing the "audit" game with ME so they can fire me and think they won't be paying UI. I know they HATE California's labor laws (they benefit and protect the employee not the employer).

Yes, yes and yes. You hit the nail on the head. - You win the prize.

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, they are going to get Spheris.

Yes, they are coming out with their own EMR system.

Yes, they are weeding us out.

Thus the reason they give CRITICAL ERRORS FOR STUPID THINGS LIKE USING EXPANDERS FOR A NONVERBATIM CLIENT.

MY QC GRADUATED FROM BARNUM'S CLOWN COLLEGE, CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THEY FIRE HER TOO.

Sorry for the outburst. Just so glad I am leaving soon.

ONE CORRECTION -- MQ is not going to hire the best of the best. THEY ARE GOING TO HIRE THE CHEAPIST OF THE CHEAPIST. That is why they are in a newbie hiring RUSH.

end.of.rant

Similar Messages:

MQ Buys Spheris Domestic Assets. NM
Feb 03, 2010

x ...

Medquist Awarded A Huge Contract.
Aug 26, 2010

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/medquist-awarded-contract-with-child-health-corporation-of-america-101383704.html   It does say hospital is outsourcing, so does that mean India? In the latest example of its support for providers nationwide, MedQuist recently signed an agreement with Child Health Corporation of America (CHCA) for clinical documentation and computer-assisted coding technology and outsourced medical transcription and coding services.  MedQuist will implemen ...

New TRA/TAA Approval For Medquist/Mmodal
Jun 12, 2012

http://www.doleta.gov/tradeact/taa/taadecisions/taadecision.cfm?taw=81128 ...

Does Anyone Know How To Find Out What Company VA Transcription Is Awarded To? Sm
Aug 30, 2010

A while ago I believe there was a discussion on the board about the VA's and someone posted a link to the page where it might list which companies are bidding on or were awarded which VA VISN packages.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  TIA ...

Domestic Medical Documentation Act
Apr 23, 2014

I think any law that forbids offshoring of American medical documentation would have to be very thorough to address a number of potential problems. In keeping with this, I have a list below of some that I've thought might come up under such a law unless they are specifically addressed. These are possible loop holes that could really mess things up. 1.  It would create a sudden demand for many more MTs in this country. That's awesome, obviously, but I fear this may cause medical pr ...

Does Nuance FT Insurance Cover Domestic Partners?
Jan 06, 2012

I'm a FT Webber and think I've heard something about this, but can't seem to find in the insurance info. Thank you! ...

Court Reporting
Mar 03, 2011

As I have all of my eggs in one basket with medical transcription, I am looking into court reporting.  I have been in this industry for 20 years and I have seen the constant decline of this industry.   I am just curious if anyone has knowledge of court reporting and if it would be an easy transition.  I will primarily be focused on worker's comp depositions.  I don't foresee any problem with the doctor's deposition as I have the medical terminology down.  Thanks for any i ...

MT To Court Reporter
Aug 10, 2011

Reading online earlier about 5 jobs where you can earn over $100K without a degree.  The last was court reporter and the 90th percentile earnings were $105K, median $57,200.  Not looking to even earn that much but would like to know if anyone knows what the training entails.  TIA ...

Scoping For Court Reporters
Jul 26, 2010

I am considering taking a scoping course/do reports for court reporters, may be in the future to make a switch from medical transcription.  Anyone has any advice for me.  Thanks. ...

Heritage Court Reporters
Jun 22, 2011

Has anyone heard of this company out of D.C.? and if so, what do you know? ...

Has Anyone Researched Court Reporting Or Scoping? SM
Oct 19, 2010

All of my work seems to be going to EMR or voice recognition.  I have three kids and I need to stay financially stable.  As I hang on to my last account, I am looking to go back to school.  I dont know where to go.  I was thinking about court reporting and/or scoping work.  Does anyone know where I can find information on these careers? Better yet, does anyone have personal experiencing working within this field? ...

Has The Same Thing Happened To Court Reporting?
Nov 06, 2013

Just got to wondering. I know back when I made 50K doing MT, I was told court reporters were making twice that.  I never really understood what they do, some kind of shorthand machine? only I don't think they use that anymore.  So has their career gone down the tubes as well? anyone know? ...

Proof Of Work For Small Claims Court?
Apr 08, 2010

So hoping it doesn't come to this, but I'm thinking I may need to take someone to small claims court.  Would my invoices work? Logs? Or do I need the actual reports and if so how does HIPAA play into that? Any advice? many thanks busybee ...

Bankruptcy Court Will Hold Hearing At 12PM CST
Apr 15, 2010

MedQuist Inc. is set to buy bankrupt medical transcription firm Spheris Inc., sources confirmed to NashvillePost.com this morning. The New Jersey-based company came out on top in the race to buy Spheris' assets, beating out competitors Transcend Services and Nuance Communications in an auction that apparently lasted through Wednesday night and into this morning.   It is unclear this morning what price MedQuist (Ticker: MEDQ) will actually pay for Spheris. Transcend offered $7 ...

Your Opinions, Please, On Passage Of Obamacare By The Supreme Court!!
Jun 28, 2012

Will MTs become dinosaurs?  Will everything be point-and-click by the doctors and traditional dictation become a thing of the past?  I've been using IntraScript for my doctors' dictation for many years now.  Will these types of digital platforms become obsolete? I admit I'm worried.  I'm the sole support of my family. All opinions are appreciated, and I look forward to reading each one.... ...

Please Tell King Vern, Princess Amy, And Court Jester
Jun 03, 2013

You know this board is being watched today after that email.  I am sure the Royal 3 are being kept abreast of every post here today. ...

Timecard Approval
Aug 17, 2010

So, what happens if your CCM can't figure out how to do the edits on your timecard because you work graveyard, won't answer your phone calls or emails about the error and you can't approve your timecard? ...

Has Anyone Gotten Approval For Christmas PTO?
Nov 19, 2010

Of all the MQ employees here scheduled to work on Saturdays, has anyone been approved to have off Christmas Day?  I put in my request exactly 60 days ahead of time (since we can't do it before that) and have yet to hear anything.  My CCM, who is pretty good about responding to e-mails, has not responded to me when I questioned whether I've been approved. So, my question is, has ANYONE gotten the OK to take off Christmas?     ...

Schedule Approval
May 26, 2011

Hi folks, can someone tell me where the approval button is to approve the hours you have worked in the new schedule format?  I have looked for it, but can't find it anywhere.  Thanks. ...

Timesheet Approval
Jul 07, 2014

Has anyone had a situation where your manager refused to approve your timesheet?  If yes, what happened?  My TSR or CCM or whatever they call themselves these days sent me an e-mail.  Apparently she's ticked because my timecard reflected 1.45 hours OT.  My BIG mistake.   ...

Wish Paysheets Would Come Out For Approval Now. Sm
Dec 15, 2014

I can hardly sit here to work wondering how much money I'm going to lose from last week. Before: average 10,000 lines of VR/week @0.413 per line = $413 PLUS weekly incentive averaging $100+/week = $513/week which I can live with. Last week - noting how many reports were ripped by FIESA, figuring without QC/QA scores - 10,000 lines, now 5000 lines x 0.07 = 350.00 with no weekly incentive = I NEED A NEW JOB. ...

The Lines Are Up For Approval So
Mar 11, 2015

you've won the weekly Nuance lottery or if your weekly pay has been penalized into oblivion! THAT's the exciting new change they've been talking about!  ...

Going Back To School - Info On Court Reporting And/or Scoping?
Nov 06, 2010

Anybody have any info on court reporting and/or scoping? ...

Re CCM Approval For Holiday Time Off...smg
Nov 19, 2010

I read somewhere eons ago that approval (can't find it now) does not have to be given more than 7 days ahead.  So, for Turkey Day, approval should have been given by yesteray.  Approval for Xmas should be given by 12/18. ...

Vacation Time Approval???!?!
Jul 28, 2012

How long does it take to get approval for a leave request?  It's been over a week now and my request is still unapproved.  Sheesh! ...

Time Card Approval
Apr 23, 2013

By now haven't we normally been asked via email to go in and approve our time card???  Either I haven't gotten an email, missed it, or they haven't sent one out yet. ...

How Long Does It Take To Receive Approval Of PTO?
May 15, 2013

The request is only a week old, for a week off at the end of June.  I have to make a non-refundable deposiit as soon as possible, as beach houses are going quickly.  Do you think it is permissible to ask TSM to approve it ASAP?  How long does it normally take to get approval? ...

? On Weblock Approval Of Lines--sm
May 07, 2014

This question is for anybody who has switched accounts and qualified for the 25 percent incentive for 30 days.  Can you please tell me if this incentive shows up in the Webclock weekly line approval.  I cannot remember if it shows up there but do not want to approve later if it is supposed to be there (I am not seeing it now, but have also not seen the e-mail about approving lines yet).  Thank you. ...

Approval For Time Card
Aug 27, 2014

Normally by now I have gotten my email requesting me to approve my time card but so far have not gotten anything.  Has everybody else got theirs??? ...

Anybody Got Notice That Timecards Are Ready For Approval
Mar 16, 2015

Normally by now I have received my notice but still haven't heard anything ...