A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Are we paid for the 2 hour tutorial? NM - anon

Posted: Sep 05, 2010

nm

Yes. You email the 5 passcodes to your - CCM and she will enter the time for you.

[ In Reply To ..]
z

We've been told 1.5 hours pay. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Paid By The Hour?
Nov 26, 2011

There is a local position here in town for $15 an hour doing medical transcription.  It's with an individual office.  Maybe too good to be true?  I'm working for an MTSO right now and will be switched over to editing soon.  A pay-by-the-hour job sounds great, but I'm wondering about the drawbacks... ...

Paid By The Hour
May 17, 2012

I've worked on a new MT job for a week and it is paid by the hour. Their software keeps track of the time. The platform works fast too. I really like this job and it takes some of the pressure off to make lines. It is straight typing now and will go to VR soon and the pay does not change. Didn't know MT jobs existed like this one but sure glad I found it. ...

Paid 0.25 Hour Breaks X2?
Jul 11, 2013

In my state, there are supposed to be 2 paid 15-minute breaks if one works 8 hours.  I questioned my company HR about this and was told "there was a slight amount added to our line rate"  to cover this.  What??  how is that a break.  I am wondering:  1.  How many companies do this?   2.  Do any pay for the 15-minute break? 3.  How many states honor this?  (check with your state Labor Relations Board). ?  ] 4.  Is there a legal ...

What Are The Pros/cons Of Being Paid By The Hour
Jan 01, 2011

I am a newer mt and was just wondering what are the pros and cons of being paid by the hour versus by the line?   TIA ...

Would You Rather Be Paid $14 An Hour, 40 Hours A Week Or Production At 8 Cpl? Sm
Jun 06, 2012

I have been offered both, but I'm not sure what to do. ...

Experienced MTs; Paid By The Line Or By The Audio Hour?
Jun 11, 2013

I've been an MT for over 5 years and have always been paid by the line. I would think that most MTs preferred wage is to be paid a set amount per hour.  If this were not an option, what has given you more of an income, paid by the line or by the AUDIO hour?  What I'm currently being offered per audio hour comes out to less than what I was paid per line at my previous job, but the reports are easier to understand so it may be worth it.  It is basically both ...

DQS Tutorial
Sep 24, 2012

I don't understand how to select "conference call" after clocking into Teamwork in order to be paid for the DQS 7.1 tutorials. I don't see any such category. Can someone tell me how to go about doing this? ...

DQS 7 Remedy Tutorial
Apr 21, 2012

Nobody has said "boo" to me about DQS 7, and if there is any relationship to needing it for Remedy 7.6.  Does that mean I missed something?  I'm not going to DL anything until I'm told to do so.  Took the Remedy tutorial.  Had some serious issues getting into training, but finally, with the help of Support got in.  If you are having problems, I would suggest calling ASAP, because my issues spanned over the course of 2 days until it got resolved. ...

Where Is This Remedy Tutorial?
Apr 24, 2012

Just wondering where in MModal I would find the Remedy tutorial?   ...

Winscribe Tutorial?
May 29, 2012

Has anyone found a Winscribe tutorial for the old or the new version? All I can find are links to sites that collect hits - no actual tutorials. Thanks. ...

Tutorial For How To Use Remedy
Oct 31, 2012

I need help trying to figure out how to use Remedy.  I can get into it, but when I click on things within Remedy nothing happens.  I thought there was a tutorial somewhere, but of course cannot find it.  Does anybody know where I might get some instruction on how to use and troubleshoot in Remedy?  Thanks in advance. ...

Is It Me? This 6.1 Tutorial Is Confusing As Heck.
Sep 04, 2010

I'm trying to follow it, but the headings section is giving me a major headache.  Why are they even messing with this stuff? The numbering thing was the only thing that seemed worth it, but once I got through the tutorial, it realized it's not saving me much time.  The ONLY thing it's saving me from is writing the:  1., 2., 3....I still have to separate and list them.  I just finished the document check process.  It's just overwhelming.  One t ...

What Is The Average Line Rate Per Hour Or Per 8 Hour Shift?
Apr 21, 2011

Hi:I am make incentive based on minutes, but I work on a system that lets me check how many lines and minutes I have typed in a day also. Just in case I have to get another job based on lines, I wanted to know what is the average amount of lines per hour or per 8 hour shift. Thanks for the advice in advance. MeL ...

Just Wondering What You Make Per Hour, Based On A 40-hour Week...sm
Jul 26, 2013

I know none of us get paid by the hour, but I was just wondering if any of you have ever figured out just how much you earn per hour, based on a 40-hour week. I'm just trying to figure out where I fit in. I seem to be earning $16-18/hour give or take based on how my week goes.  ...

I Get Paid By The Minutes Typed. Is There Anyone Else Out There That Gets Paid By The Minute.
Mar 01, 2012

I was curious if any other MTs are getting paid by the minute too. Replies are welcomed. I am required to get 131 minutes for an 8 hour shift. We get incentive if over. We also use VR, so that helps, and we have weighted doctors. Thanks, MeL ...

Average Per Hour With 0.75 Or 0.375 Versus $12.00 Per Hour
Mar 31, 2014

My transcription job was always paid by the hour. I was laid off and they recently offered me a temp position with them making $12.00 an hour.  I was also offered a positon that pays 7.5 and 3.5 cpl.  The $12.00 is employee status for a small local company I worked for over 9 years.  The other is an IC position.  Do you think I would make more with the $12.00 an hour or the per line production rate?  I have never done production by line work so I'm not sur ...

Is $14 Per Hour Too Low For QA Pay?
Dec 15, 2009

NM ...

$4.22 An Hour
Aug 06, 2010

Today I made $4.22 in one hour, doing one report; however, I am not entirely disgruntled. I only left one blank and have a sample for next time. There is a sense of accomplishment when you figure out the blanks after extensive researching online. ...

$10 An Hour
Sep 24, 2010

I need to find a job that averages more than $10 an hour. I have 20 years' experience in med trans and am a fast typist, but with the slow platforms and the constant "breakdowns" and being out of work, I am only averaging $10 an hour. Another problem is my line counts have dropped from 250 per hour to around 100 and cannot figure out why.  Any ideas?  Thanks ...

Best Hour EVER
Oct 19, 2010

I've been doing MT forEVER.  Today I pushed the envelope as hard as I could and I transcribed 734 lines in one hour.  I was totally "on," dictators were great, and being in the zone helps.  I doubt I will ever replicate it, my hands are still trembly! LOL!  But I wanted to see what I could do. Nice to still get some firsts after a lifetime in this field and firsts that are positives, not negatives! ...

$3 An Hour
Dec 02, 2010

So I have been working for a few months now but it is so hard to increase my line count. First of all quality comes before quantity, but I also have so many different physicians that it seems impossible to increase my line count. I also have a lot of ESL docs, but I do prefer them over a doc who mumbles. Right now I am making about 3-4 bucks an hour. It stinks. Would you work for that amount?? ...

$15 An Hour.
Feb 13, 2012

I don't know why I picked $15 an hour for this little experiment, but for some reason it strikes me that across the board that's about what a lot of MTs are averaging these days.  Could be a bit more, a bit less, but I had to pick a number. The experiment:  1.  Identify other jobs paying similar rates. 2.  Select some that generally come close to what I might call the "ambience" of MT as it now exists. I think I've found it, and here is where I wish with al ...

Took Me An Hour To Do
Apr 09, 2012

resplendent with tables and dictated through a tin can and string by a smug cardiologist who kept changing his mind. Took me over an hour to do. Checked the line count and I made $5.74. Really? And I'm supposed to be grateful I have a job. Can I draw unemployment to make up to minimum wage on that hour? ...

$12.00 AN HOUR
Jan 25, 2014

I have 25 years of MT experience.  With the decline of the MT profession, I applied for a data entry position at $12.00 an hour.  However, this company has a transcription department and has me doing transcription now, but they are still paying me $12.00 an hour.  Any thoughts? ...

So This Is What It Has Come To? $15 An Hour Max?
Feb 08, 2014

I know some of you are struggling to make minimum wage.  I have 32 years of teaching hospital experience.  I have had my own accounts.  I have had my own service.  And now after 32 years the most I can make, typing has hard and as fast as I can, is $15 an hour.  If I were 5 years older, I could retire (not that I can afford to retire, but I would get almost as much in Social Security as I get now working).I've made the big bucks.  I have had many lucrative year ...

$5 Per Hour
Mar 17, 2014

This is what I made yesterday. It seems to depend on the day. I had so many reports that had big chunks of sentences missing. Of course, as always, all medicine lists, the numbers were wrong, a few drugs spelled wrong. Vital signs wrong. Lab counts wrong. Don't you love when a new sentence starts with a number and this happens. 1. Numbering is such a huge issue still for voice rec. I know I will get a nasty email today reminding me that days like yesterday will cause MUP that j ...

By The Hour
Apr 27, 2014

Somebody somewhere got paid big bucks to devise some cockamamie formula for what they think we should achieve, lines per hour, etc, which doesn't work, does it, because every account is different, some weighted heavily toward editing and others toward transcription, some heavy ESL, others not.  There are too many variables to put us all under one roof production-wise.  If they wanted to simplify, why not pay us by the hour with an additonal ...

Per Hour Pay
Jun 27, 2014

What do you people think about a $55/ audio hour rate for transcribing?  Faxing individual notes to various MDs and uploading whole file and then individual reports to pt record to server included.  Is that enough for all that work? Thanks ...

6.60 An Hour On Second Day
Aug 28, 2014

I only made 6.60 an hour on my second day of work.  I was used to getting paid by the hour.  Did anyone else start off like this and get better? How long will it take? ...

Doing 140 Lines per Hour
Nov 19, 2009

I am now doing 140 lines per hour. Is that okay? ...