A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Is it me? This 6.1 tutorial is confusing as heck. - ME

Posted: Sep 04, 2010

I'm trying to follow it, but the headings section is giving me a major headache.  Why are they even messing with this stuff?

The numbering thing was the only thing that seemed worth it, but once I got through the tutorial, it realized it's not saving me much time.  The ONLY thing it's saving me from is writing the:  1., 2., 3....I still have to separate and list them. 

I just finished the document check process.  It's just overwhelming. 

One thing I'm realizing....they are getting this ready for people that don't speak English!  All these tools for grammar, etc.  Sigh. 

How do you think I felt - watching that whole thing and its 90% for SpeechQ. - NCMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't even do SpeechQ. Gee, wonder if this means they will finally train me to do it. Hope not. Why did it have to be so long? An hour and a half? Come on!!! Ugghhh

You're lucky you're not doing it, I hate it. As for the vid - ME

[ In Reply To ..]
It was terribly dry and boring. I watched it, but I would rather have been...I don't know...giving the CAT a BATH or something.

It confused me. I think it will have to be more hands-on than anything. They spent about 15 minutes just on job splitting. UGH

Tutorial confusing.....sm - mb

[ In Reply To ..]
I did the tutorial last nite and it was so confusing! I downloaded 6.1 and had a 2-hour shift working with it this morning. I didn't understand the headings part in the tutorial and I didn't see anything different in my work, so thankfully I haven't had to deal with anything to do with the headings yet. The listing tool is a little easier to use, but the simplest thing for me to do was do it the old way. I DON'T like the cc/doctor lookup now, it's so time-consuming and uses a lot more keystrokes than it used to; keystrokes for which we don't get paid, I might add.

The only thing I pretty much like is the way to place a skip marker now. You just highlight what you want skipped and press delete. If it's more than 5 words, it automatically puts a skip marker in and no more ctrl-s to do that. If it's less than 5 words, it just deletes it.

Overall, I give it about a C-.
You are getting ready to start working without your foot pedal - Our ASR system is like that.
[ In Reply To ..]
That's the goal, to not use your mouse or your foot pedal. For some reason they think that is the faster way. Go figure. Although working with my feet up does sound nice sometimes.

I did the upgrade, but I don't have the - supposed grammar checker

[ In Reply To ..]
Not sure why...but I really don't mind!

Similar Messages:

DQS Tutorial
Sep 24, 2012

I don't understand how to select "conference call" after clocking into Teamwork in order to be paid for the DQS 7.1 tutorials. I don't see any such category. Can someone tell me how to go about doing this? ...

DQS 7 Remedy Tutorial
Apr 21, 2012

Nobody has said "boo" to me about DQS 7, and if there is any relationship to needing it for Remedy 7.6.  Does that mean I missed something?  I'm not going to DL anything until I'm told to do so.  Took the Remedy tutorial.  Had some serious issues getting into training, but finally, with the help of Support got in.  If you are having problems, I would suggest calling ASAP, because my issues spanned over the course of 2 days until it got resolved. ...

Where Is This Remedy Tutorial?
Apr 24, 2012

Just wondering where in MModal I would find the Remedy tutorial?   ...

Winscribe Tutorial?
May 29, 2012

Has anyone found a Winscribe tutorial for the old or the new version? All I can find are links to sites that collect hits - no actual tutorials. Thanks. ...

Tutorial For How To Use Remedy
Oct 31, 2012

I need help trying to figure out how to use Remedy.  I can get into it, but when I click on things within Remedy nothing happens.  I thought there was a tutorial somewhere, but of course cannot find it.  Does anybody know where I might get some instruction on how to use and troubleshoot in Remedy?  Thanks in advance. ...

Are We Paid For The 2 Hour Tutorial? NM
Sep 05, 2010

nm ...

2 Confusing Ads
Jan 17, 2012

There are 2 somewhat mystifying ads posted on another site. One has the company name as EdoScribe, but the link to their site is invalid.  Googling yields nothing, but I did get at hit under ECHOScribe.  Is this a typo made more than once or is this a new company that hasn't yet set up their website? The second "strange" ad says they are looking for weekend MTs, but the job is listed as FULL-time.  Things that make you go "hmmm..." ...

So Confusing!
Jan 17, 2013

If 5 or more blanks on Snotface account, send an email to supervisor, but if 5 or more blanks on Snotface account with Dr. Booger, no need to send email because focused audit on that account.  But continue to send email on other accounts with 5 or more blanks with cc to quality supervisor, except for accounts by Dr. Puke. So exasperating!  I just ignore these now after having accumulated about 50 post-it notes with reminders.  I just threw the reminders out and am winging it.&nbs ...

This Is THE MOST Confusing Company
Jan 23, 2013

Everywhere you look is a chore, website, email, remedy,,,WTH? Anyway after flipping through various places, can someone tell me where I find the benchmark thing to look up terms? ...

TTS Pay? Confusing Information
Feb 19, 2013

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who is currently working for TTS.  In searching the forums, it seems some people are making 3 cents per line and others are making 4 cents per line.  Is there a reason for the difference?  Also wondering if they offer any shift differentials or production incentives/bonuses or anything like that.  How's the insurance?  ...

Pay Scale For IC A Bit Confusing......
Sep 26, 2013

Math was never my forte.  The pay is $1.15 per 1000 characters, 425,000 characters per pay period (part time) required.  I'll be working 20 hours per week.   ...

Confusing Message
May 04, 2015

So we get an email yesterday stating that now when we work extra hours/OT we have to pick up shifts off the swapboard instead of emailing TSM or schedule person to help them keep better track. Except this morning we get an email that work is current and to delay our starting times. So now are we to pick times off the swapboard in order to make up the time that we got delayed and are we still to keep working extra? Just once it would be nice if everyone could be on the same page. ...

Another Confusing Fill-in By MME..........hematocrit Of 340???
Oct 21, 2009

Someone please set me straight if I'm wrong, but it is even possible for a child (or anyone) in any case to have a hematocrit of 340?  A dictator said:  "hemoglobin 15, hematocrit 340"  It really sounded like he said 340 but that didn't sound right to me, so I left a marker.  But it was filled in with 340.  I could have done THAT.   I guess I could be wrong--but in my 10 years as an MT the hematocrit is always just about 3 times the hemoglobin (which ...

Misunderstood Or Confusing Dictation
Jan 31, 2011

I am currently in my last quarter of schooling and have a project I am currently working on. My instructor wants me to research the different ways of how to handle dictation that cannot be understood or is confusing and also how this procedure differs depending on work environment, such as on site, at home, large service, etc. I have talked to a few transcriptionists and some suggestions they have given are; speeding up or slowing down the recording, looking to see if the word makes sense accor ...

QA Is So Confusing With All That Color Coded Crap
May 17, 2014

when you click on an error,  I would logically have assumed that would take you to the spot where the error is in the text.   Nope.  It may,  maybe,  go to the spot in the voice job, but not in the text. How in the world does anyone learn from their mistakes here????  This color-coded crap is way too confusing, the screen in Emdat is way too small to see anything properly, and I have a laundry list of other complaints but that would take too long to print here ...

Why The Heck Am I On A Different BOB
Feb 12, 2010

WHAT THE HECK!!!! I am working on a different account and NOT MY BOB which seems to be permenantly for the last few days.  My BOB has been low, but there was plenty of work yesterday and this morning on MY BOB and yet I am on a different BOB?  To top it all, I see others working on MY ACCOUNTS!!!!!  DANG IT!!!! If I am to work on other different accounts while others are on MY ACCOUNTS, I would rather work at the movie theater where my son works and get PAID MORE and HAVE FUN at ...

TTD New Job Ad. What The Heck? They Just Let 16 Of Us Go
May 23, 2012

on Chartnet, which is what we were all fired from.  Amy and Dawn have some nerve to post a job ad right after firing a bunch of people. BE WARNED! Do NOT work for this fly by night company. You will be shorted on your paychecks or not receive them at all and you'll end up with your ID disabled with NO notice.  This happened in March when 31 people were let go and again this week where 16 people were let go all from Chartnet.  So, they're doing the same thing YET AGAIN ...

OK So What The Heck Is This
Jan 11, 2015

ASR: I a Zoll of ominous. or in human terms History of Present Illness.. ...

To Heck
Mar 12, 2015

new PC, new accounst, so far so bad.  i'm going to watch the berry college eagles instead.  watching these eagles has been the high point of my life lately.  everything else just sucks. ...

The Heck With You
Mar 26, 2015

According to the incessant job status reports, we are not even behind! Insanity! ...

Where The Heck Do You
Apr 06, 2015

I'm lost in the Inner Circle maze and can't find it.  TIA ...

MME? What The Heck Is A Naris?
Jan 28, 2010

Okay - I know it is the singular (Latin version) of nares, but I've never in my entire MT career seen it used. Is this a new thing now? Just seems wrong - especially when the standard for that OP procedure has it as nares. Then again, most of the standards are incorrect too. BOUYA!! This has probably already been discussed on this board somewhere -- just wondering if anyone actually types naris? ...

What The Heck? Are You Kidding Me?
Sep 08, 2010

So I get this report, a LONG REPORT.  I type it, I download it, and it is sent off and I get the next job.  I start typing away and in 2 minutes I get this error message stating you will lose this file or something and boom, everything goes away and I am out of the system.  I am supposed to be typing during my shift.   Then I go back in again and I get 3 jobs reserved to me and the is the same dang report LONG REPORT that I just did and they want me to do it all over again? ...

Uh...what Or Who The Heck Is Cornerstone?
Mar 08, 2011

x ...

What The Heck Does La Soltera Mean
Aug 16, 2011

?????? ...

What The Heck Happened With The ASR Lately!
Jun 05, 2013

My gosh!  I am getting sentences in ASR that the dictator did not dictate and he is an excellent dictator.  Then I get no words that the dictator did dictate.  I have been changing whole sentences because of crappy words which dictator did not dictate.  Also the headings are not being put in when clearly the dictator stated:  REVIEW OF SYSTEMS, yet the ASR did not put ANYTHING into the report. THIS IS BULL CRAP!  GETTING WORSE AND WORSE.  Now this company wa ...

What The Heck Is Going On Today
Oct 27, 2014

Either I went deaf overnight or the inconsiderates are out in full force for Halloween..I cannot understand the majority of my reports. This is so not me. Mumbling, grumpling, slurring, seem to be the latest thing. I hate it here so much, I gotta get out of this place. ...

What The Heck? New Service Area For SA5-6?
Jan 26, 2010

What?  Anyone else?  I have to copy my dictionary and expansions.  Cannot call support for this.  Have to do it on your own.  Want it done in a couple of days.  They give you an option to go to a special webinar for dates Januar 20, 21 and 25th? HELLO?????  I JUST GOT THIS EMAIL THIS MORNING AND I DO BELIEVE IT IS THE 26th.  Gosh!  GET ME OUT OF THIS COMPANY!!!  I HAVE HAD IT!!!!  IT SUCKS!!!!  ...

What The Heck Are All These Ticket E-mails About?
Aug 10, 2010

You have to do the QCare thing when you get NJA.  Then, they send you a ticket number.  Great.  What do you do with the stupid ticket number?  Are you entered in a drawing?  Do they pick random ticket numbers and award the winner some work? Then, days later, you get another e-mail saying it is resolved? What the heck is that about?  Who resolved what?  Did the QCare staff magically send me work?  Do they get some award off of my ticket number for the fast ...

Who The Heck Owns Proscript Anyhow?
Dec 03, 2012

Who the heck owns Proscript anyhow? ...