A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Best Hour EVER - STillMTin

Posted: Oct 19, 2010

I've been doing MT forEVER.  Today I pushed the envelope as hard as I could and I transcribed 734 lines in one hour.  I was totally "on," dictators were great, and being in the zone helps.  I doubt I will ever replicate it, my hands are still trembly! LOL!  But I wanted to see what I could do.

Nice to still get some firsts after a lifetime in this field and firsts that are positives, not negatives!

goodness - Alice

[ In Reply To ..]
that's some zone is all i can say.

Best ever - Pat46

[ In Reply To ..]
Congratulations. I've been doing transcription for over 20 years and have struggled with line counts most of that time. Where I work recently put in a new system and we came home to work and I was amazed at the difference in my linecount. Part of it is voice response which is so easy to fly on sometimes. Also they did not decrease our pay like the big companies do.

I know line count is important but here is how I look at it and have told all my bosses this. If I sit down and do the best job that I can, that is all you can ask for and I'm sorry if it is not what you think the line count should be. Everyone of them has agreed with me on this and they never ever mention it except when they send out production to see how we are doing.

Wow I think that's a new world record - LOL - Best I ever did was 450

[ In Reply To ..]
I definitely know what you mean about the hands trembling afterwards. LOL

That's incredible. Cograts.

Is that with VR - or straight typing

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Straight typing - StillMTin

[ In Reply To ..]
Hematology/Oncology

To the comment about doing the best job, that's ALWAYS #1 with me. There are days, however, that I have to do mental games with myself to get through the day, so I'll see if I can beat my best. I'll never top yesterday's hour and likely never get there again but it got this old MT a little excited after all this time :)

You rock!!! My arms would have fallen off. - Please share some more of you mental games

[ In Reply To ..]
I do try to set a timer for 1 hour. No phone, no email, no food, no pee, no facebook, etc....kick 'er down. I have gotten 420 once. Congrats and keep up the great work!!
mental games - StillMTin
[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, doing the timer for 1 hour is one.

Beating my "best" in lines.
Seeing how many reps I can do in an hour.

When I have the option, I like to organize my queue by doctor and then will do the doc with the least amt of reports all first because it's like crossing one task off a list.
OR
I'll rank by length and do either all the long or all the short, all the ones that start with 1 or 2 or 3, etc.

There are days just thinking of ways to keep my attention keeps my attention!
Are we talking about a lot of templates or normals here? - Same doctor? No message
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Mix - StillMTin
[ In Reply To ..]
I did 20 reports in that hour, a mix of 4-5 dictators. I have built a bunch of short-cuts, but I think in short short cuts so I'm typing in "shorthand" for a bunch of it. My average, though, is about 350 lph.

I think I'm having anxiety; know how you get sorta amped up if you're anxious? Because today my hands just want to FLY, sometimes much faster than my brain can keep up with them!

Hey, whatever works. I'd like to try that feeling. :) - Fellow Traveller NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x

that's wonderful! my best day ever was - wrkn4pnuts

[ In Reply To ..]
just shy of 3800 lines. Thought my fingers/hands/arms would fall off!

Similar Messages:

What Is The Average Line Rate Per Hour Or Per 8 Hour Shift?
Apr 21, 2011

Hi:I am make incentive based on minutes, but I work on a system that lets me check how many lines and minutes I have typed in a day also. Just in case I have to get another job based on lines, I wanted to know what is the average amount of lines per hour or per 8 hour shift. Thanks for the advice in advance. MeL ...

Just Wondering What You Make Per Hour, Based On A 40-hour Week...sm
Jul 26, 2013

I know none of us get paid by the hour, but I was just wondering if any of you have ever figured out just how much you earn per hour, based on a 40-hour week. I'm just trying to figure out where I fit in. I seem to be earning $16-18/hour give or take based on how my week goes.  ...

Average Per Hour With 0.75 Or 0.375 Versus $12.00 Per Hour
Mar 31, 2014

My transcription job was always paid by the hour. I was laid off and they recently offered me a temp position with them making $12.00 an hour.  I was also offered a positon that pays 7.5 and 3.5 cpl.  The $12.00 is employee status for a small local company I worked for over 9 years.  The other is an IC position.  Do you think I would make more with the $12.00 an hour or the per line production rate?  I have never done production by line work so I'm not sur ...

Is $14 Per Hour Too Low For QA Pay?
Dec 15, 2009

NM ...

$4.22 An Hour
Aug 06, 2010

Today I made $4.22 in one hour, doing one report; however, I am not entirely disgruntled. I only left one blank and have a sample for next time. There is a sense of accomplishment when you figure out the blanks after extensive researching online. ...

$10 An Hour
Sep 24, 2010

I need to find a job that averages more than $10 an hour. I have 20 years' experience in med trans and am a fast typist, but with the slow platforms and the constant "breakdowns" and being out of work, I am only averaging $10 an hour. Another problem is my line counts have dropped from 250 per hour to around 100 and cannot figure out why.  Any ideas?  Thanks ...

$3 An Hour
Dec 02, 2010

So I have been working for a few months now but it is so hard to increase my line count. First of all quality comes before quantity, but I also have so many different physicians that it seems impossible to increase my line count. I also have a lot of ESL docs, but I do prefer them over a doc who mumbles. Right now I am making about 3-4 bucks an hour. It stinks. Would you work for that amount?? ...

$15 An Hour.
Feb 13, 2012

I don't know why I picked $15 an hour for this little experiment, but for some reason it strikes me that across the board that's about what a lot of MTs are averaging these days.  Could be a bit more, a bit less, but I had to pick a number. The experiment:  1.  Identify other jobs paying similar rates. 2.  Select some that generally come close to what I might call the "ambience" of MT as it now exists. I think I've found it, and here is where I wish with al ...

Took Me An Hour To Do
Apr 09, 2012

resplendent with tables and dictated through a tin can and string by a smug cardiologist who kept changing his mind. Took me over an hour to do. Checked the line count and I made $5.74. Really? And I'm supposed to be grateful I have a job. Can I draw unemployment to make up to minimum wage on that hour? ...

$12.00 AN HOUR
Jan 25, 2014

I have 25 years of MT experience.  With the decline of the MT profession, I applied for a data entry position at $12.00 an hour.  However, this company has a transcription department and has me doing transcription now, but they are still paying me $12.00 an hour.  Any thoughts? ...

So This Is What It Has Come To? $15 An Hour Max?
Feb 08, 2014

I know some of you are struggling to make minimum wage.  I have 32 years of teaching hospital experience.  I have had my own accounts.  I have had my own service.  And now after 32 years the most I can make, typing has hard and as fast as I can, is $15 an hour.  If I were 5 years older, I could retire (not that I can afford to retire, but I would get almost as much in Social Security as I get now working).I've made the big bucks.  I have had many lucrative year ...

$5 Per Hour
Mar 17, 2014

This is what I made yesterday. It seems to depend on the day. I had so many reports that had big chunks of sentences missing. Of course, as always, all medicine lists, the numbers were wrong, a few drugs spelled wrong. Vital signs wrong. Lab counts wrong. Don't you love when a new sentence starts with a number and this happens. 1. Numbering is such a huge issue still for voice rec. I know I will get a nasty email today reminding me that days like yesterday will cause MUP that j ...

By The Hour
Apr 27, 2014

Somebody somewhere got paid big bucks to devise some cockamamie formula for what they think we should achieve, lines per hour, etc, which doesn't work, does it, because every account is different, some weighted heavily toward editing and others toward transcription, some heavy ESL, others not.  There are too many variables to put us all under one roof production-wise.  If they wanted to simplify, why not pay us by the hour with an additonal ...

Per Hour Pay
Jun 27, 2014

What do you people think about a $55/ audio hour rate for transcribing?  Faxing individual notes to various MDs and uploading whole file and then individual reports to pt record to server included.  Is that enough for all that work? Thanks ...

6.60 An Hour On Second Day
Aug 28, 2014

I only made 6.60 an hour on my second day of work.  I was used to getting paid by the hour.  Did anyone else start off like this and get better? How long will it take? ...

Doing 140 Lines per Hour
Nov 19, 2009

I am now doing 140 lines per hour. Is that okay? ...

VR - How Many Lines Per Hour Do You Do? (sm)
Jan 21, 2010

With decades of experience as an MT, I'm just now getting into VR. I'd like to know, if you would please care to share, just how many lines per hour you are able to get with VR. I know this varies from person to person and platform to platform, but please, help me out with this! I'm terrified I'm going to go broke doing this! Thanks in advance. ...

VR - Lines Per Hour
Feb 05, 2010

I don't have much to compare to, as this is the only company I've worked for as an editor. I wanted to get an idea of the different platforms we each use and our lines per hour. Talking only about editing and not straight typing, what do you average lph and what platform do you use?  Thank you!  ...

Pay Per Hour Of Audio
Apr 22, 2010

I'm looking at a job that pays 50-55 dollars per recorded hour of audio.  This is interview or straight dictation transcription.  Does this sound okay?  I'm thinking if it takes me 2 hours to transcribe an hour, that wouldn't be such a bad deal.  I'm just not sure how long it would take me.  I do transcribe very fast...shortcuts are used for medical but can implement for this type of transcription as well.  Just not sure that the pay is reasonabl ...

2-hour, 2-hours?
Apr 28, 2010

Hello. I've got something I've been wondering about. I know that when saying something like "There is a 2-hour window ..." I should hyphenate 2-hour. What about when the word is plural? For example, 2 hours, 30 minutes, 4 days, etc. Do I hyphenate there? I work freelance for a lawyer doing SS disabilty claims, and he is extrememly laid back about rules (nor do I get any specific feedback) and I just do what I think is right, so I love to have somewhere I can go for experianc ...

Is There Such Thing As QA By The Hour
Aug 27, 2010

Are there companies that pay to do QA hourly?  If so where are they and who?  I do QA now and work 15 hours a day for less than $100 ...

How Many Lines Per Hour?
Sep 15, 2010

Trying to get an idea of how much I should be aiming for (working on building my speed).  How many lines per hour do you average?  (No VR or anything like that...just normal transcription).   Thanks!! ...

Is $12 An Hour Good Pay For QA As An IC?
Sep 19, 2010

I'm working as an IC MT right now and paid by the line, but was offered a QA position with the same company at $12 an hour.  Is this about what the going rate for QA is? ...

VR - How Much Can You Make Per Hour? Sm
Oct 13, 2010

Just out of curiosity - figure out what you make per hour doing VR.  I am looking for like $15/hr or whatever.  Then put that into the context of how much you make per hour doing straight transcription.  I don't want your name, your company or anything about you personally.  I am just curious to compare what people make doing VR paid per line translated into how much that is per hour. Thanks for any help. ...

Working For $4 An Hour
Nov 21, 2010

I am two months into my first MT position. I get to work at home, which is a wonderful thing for me  because my husband is ill. However, I am earning about $4 per hour because I am so slow.  I am accurate, but slow.  Is there a money curve where I should eventually get fast enough to at least make it to minimum wage?  I'm paid 5 cpl so I knew my pay wouldn't be big, but $4 an hour seems very sad to me because I have a year of training and going down to the school s ...

QA Pay Other Than By Lines Or By Hour
Dec 08, 2010

Hi! Just wanted to know... I have been told by others who are QA/editors that you dont always get paid by the line or by hour... some places pay them differently.  I dont understand how else you can get paid, that doesnt make any sense to me.  Anyone know anything about this?  I want to be an editor eventually but would like to at least make more than what I did when I transcribe.  thoughts? Thanks! Jiles ...

10 Hour Days?
Jan 10, 2011

Does MQ allow 10 hour days/4 day week? ...

Are There Any IC Positions With 24-hour TAT?
Jan 12, 2011

Can anyone give me information on companies who hire IC's with a 24-hour turn around time?  I want to get my work today and turn it in by a certain time the next day without having to work a schedule or in pools.  With everything else going on with these companies from low pay, heavy ESL's, and lack of work, I would at least like to have the flexibility of doing the work on MY time.  Thanks in advance.... ...

OTI Lines Per Day/hour - Sm
Feb 10, 2011

What is reasonable on the new account for which they are hiring?  Any feedback is appreciated. ...

WMX And 12 Hour Shifts
Feb 16, 2011

I saw someone post they were no longer offering 12 hours to get your 8 hours work done in.  Are they taking it away from the ones already on that schedule?  Gulp!!! ...