A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

401K from Spheris - farmergirl

Posted: Mar 14, 2010

I have recently quit my position with Spheris and want to know who to contact regarding getting our 401K or how to get a hold of this?  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

What, you mean you don't want to move to - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
Medquist??? (yeah right) Hahha. What's funny (but not really) is that a few months ago I was thinking of applying at Spheris but never did. I just would have ended right back here at MQ.

Anyway, as for the 401K I would start out with your companies Human Resource Dept. I'd also call your 401K company (for example Merrill Lynch or whoever your company goes with).

Similar Messages:

Medquist Buys Spheris For $116 Million, Spheris Execs Get Their $850K Bonus
Apr 15, 2010

Having paid too much you can be assured their will be layoffs a plenty in about 6 mos time. ...

SPHERIS ON AUCTION BLOCK TODAY - Transcend Submits Bid To Acquire Spheris - See Press Release
Apr 13, 2010

HOT OFF THE PRESS SEE BELOW     Transcend Submits Bid to Acquire Spheris     ATLANTA, Apr 09, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- TRANSCEND SERVICES, INC. /quotes/comstock/15*!trcr/quotes/nls/trcr (TRCR 17.43, +0.13, +0.75%) , the third largest provider of medical transcription services to the U.S. healthcare market, announced today that it has submitted a bid to acquire substantially all of the assets of Nashville, Tennessee-based Spheris, Inc. and the stock of ...

Question 401k
Jan 18, 2010

I'm new and was just wondering if MQ is still making a contribution to 401K and if so, can anybody tell me how it works?  Thanks. ...

401K, Cobra After MQ
Nov 16, 2010

Does any one know how long it takes to get your 401K after giving notice to MQ.  I'm seriously contemplating getting out of here.  Also, does any one know how Cobra is calculated.  Thanks. ...

401K Question
Dec 29, 2010

Does anyone remember when was the last time the Q contributed matching funds to the 401K?  Thanks for your response. ...

What Happens To Your 401K If You Quit?
Jan 02, 2011

I have a couple thousand dollars in it that I'd hate to lose.  I quit MQ and now am an IC, so I can't transfer it to another employer. So how does that work? ...

Info On 401K
May 01, 2011

I don't know if they have just changed things but I rolled over a large amount from my 401K into an individual IRA just this past January.  The advisor at ML said that most 401K's did not allow this but that ours did.  I had been told in the past that I could get my money "any time I wanted to."  I suppose it is possible that so many people have taken money out that they changed the rules but I would check with ML to be absolutely sure.  ...

401K Match
Mar 12, 2012

If there is anyone who understands the 401K match, can they give us a sample, ie, if you gross 1000 per pay period what the 25% of the first 4% would be and how much you could expect.  The way I do it, I would get 80 cents, so hoping I'm wrong. ...

401K/benefits
Mar 12, 2012

It is nice, I suppose, for those able to participate in the 401K, and those who would gain from the benefits. There are paychecks where I have earned $8 and 9 an hour (I'm a tier 3) because of being jerked around on multiple unfamiliar accounts and crappy dictators. I recently applied for food stamps (or go hungry), and had to borrow against a small line of credit to make my rent.  All this "improvement" doesn't help me pay for just the basic high cost of living we all are struggl ...

Anyone Get Their 401K Match
Jul 16, 2012

Before I start slamming this company yet again for not keeping their promises, did anyone check their 401K and see a contribution?  I know they were supposed to start matching after July 1st and the paycheck on Friday the 13th was the first one.  I expected when I logged into my 401k this morning to see a contribution and surprise surprise nothing. ...

Transcend 401K
Sep 03, 2012

Anyone know how long before you are fully vested in the 401K? I'm getting close to 2 years, but don't know how much longer I can stand this place.   ...

Nuance 401K
Oct 22, 2012

Who does Nuance have their 401K through?  TIA ...

Anyone Know If You Quit MM What Happens To 401K?
Mar 21, 2014

Do you have to move it somewhere else? I don't add to it any longer but still have around 10K in it.  ...

401K, For Me No Way, But I Might Change My Mind
Dec 04, 2009

I could have participated in my company's 401K for 3 years now, but when I went to sign the paperwork and read through the fine print there were things stated in there like I could lose everything that I put into it if the investiment company went bankrupt and that this "IS" an investment and not a promise to pay..... So I backed off.  I am very iffy on having one.  The only benefit is that my company will put 25% in it, but if there is a chance I could lose it is it worth it?&nbs ...

For Those Who Participate In The 401K Plan....
Dec 04, 2009

I got the annual shareholder report that came with a form that looks like they want some kind of vote?  Are we supposed to mail this back or what?  First of all, I didn't know I was a "shareholder" of anything.  Unless it's true that they pay their 401K with MQ stocks?  I knew you could buy them (though I wouldn't on my own)....but I also heard a while back that MQ pays their 401K with stocks.  Anyone know anything about this voting/proxy form and/or if it ...

Does Anyone Know If MQ Does A 401K Match Anymore?
Mar 23, 2010

I'm wondering if I should just stop contributing at all.  I remember they used to, low as it was, at least it was something--like IF they made money, MAYBE they would and then a very low percentage, like 25 cents to the dollar?  Prob a mute point even asking.....but just wondering if they nixed that.  My sister is complaining because her company used to do a 100% match and now she only gets 75%.  Boo hoo!  At least she has a match.....I'm sure ours is now so ...

Anyone Left MQ And Taken A 401K Distribution,
Jul 14, 2010

either as a rollover to another retirement plan or a payout?  I am curious about how long this process takes, and whether there is much red tape.  I know I can call the 401K custodian and hear what SHOULD happen, but I am more interested in hearing from someone who's already done it if there were any holdups.  Thank you in advance for any replies, and have a great day!  ...

When A New Hire Is Available To Sign Up For A 401K
Apr 25, 2011

Does anyone know when a new hire is available to sign up for a 401K and where can I do this?  ...

Did I Miss Something About 401K Match
Mar 13, 2012

Did we get an email about them matching now? I didn't get one and I've seen some posts on here about it.  If so, can someone tell me the date they got the email?  Thanks ...

Don't You Love The 401K Match?
Mar 15, 2012

It's true I'm only part-time but I figure my match will be about $30/year.  How many chapsticks will that buy? ...

401K Company Contribution
Jan 24, 2013

Hey All - Greetings-!  Say, any of you who do 401K contributions at Nuance, supposedly the company matches 50% up to the first 4%.  Do they consistently do this every time, or is it contingent on anything (like quarterly earnings, etc.)?  Does their contribution show "every check" or is it deposited every month or quarter or something like that?  I could not get a direct answer on this when I emailed the company benefits administrator, so I'm skeptical.  Without the ...

Can This Be True? MQ Contributes 50% Match For 401k....
Apr 30, 2011

Out of curiosity I went to the Merrill Lynch site.  I was looking around on my personal page; I had NO idea how much I had in there, and it showed me (I was surprised as I thought it was much less) But what do I know about it...never really kept up on it..... However, I always thought MQ didn't contribute a CENT anymore?  I clicked on "Learn more about your company's match" and it said it matches 50% of the first 5% you contribute....WTH???  Can anyone confirm or refute ...

My Company Is Implementing 401k, But Not Matching It.
Jan 20, 2012

Just an inquiry.  Is this better than getting 401K on your own?  Or do you need details to give a solid answer?  If they don't match it, I can't really see the good in it.  Just asking.  I am not savvy in financial matters.    ...

Accentus Soon To Be Nuance ....losing Our 401K
Nov 30, 2012

Just got e-mail from our wonderful HR person that no 401K was deducted in our most recent paycheck.  As soon as Nuance bought us, our program stopped :((   Welcome to Nuance...ughhh....I jumped from Webmedx to Transcend to Accentus and it seems I cannot escape :( ...

401K Match Stinks. Needs To Be Improved.
Nov 19, 2013

Here is an article that talks about 401K. Mmodal's 401K plan stinks. "The most common 401(k) employer match is now dollar-for-dollar for the first 6% of income that an employee defers." Mmodal only matches 25% up to 4% which equals 1% in a lump sum which is even stingier than matching it each pay period to allow the participants to take advantage of compounding. The worst thing - We don't even know if Mmodal is going to match this year. In years past they sent out a letter res ...

Nuance Auto-enrolled Me In Their 401K...sm
Jan 03, 2014

Probity employee swallowed up by Nuance.  Got a letter in the mail from Fidelity Investments confirming my enrollment in the Nuance 401K.  Only problem, I didn't request nor authorize the enrollment and these jerks gave Fidelity all my personal information including my social security number.  Who knows who has my information now?  With identity theft rampant, these idiots hand it out to just anybody. I am spitting nails and considering a consultation with a lawyer.&nbs ...

401K Benefits Are Available To Part-time Folks?
Mar 12, 2012

Does anyone know off the top of their head if the 401K benefits are available to part-time folks?  ...

Does Your Company Offer 401k To Part Timers?
Jul 15, 2014

No need to name your company, a yes or no will do. Just wondering if it's even too much to hope for as I can only work PT but since I'm not married and don't plan to be ever, it's important for me. THanks in Advance! ...

Spheris MTs
Nov 10, 2009

Hey Spheris MTs out there.  I worked for Spheris for a while not too long ago but quit for another company.  Nothing wrong with Spheris at all, just love the new company flexibility much, much more.  I loved the expander program Spheris used (Shorthand 10.0) so much that I ended up buying the program to use on my new job.  Problem is there are so many tips and tricks that Spheris provided for using Shorthand 10.0 that I never got to put into action and quit before I thou ...

What Is Going On At Spheris?
Jan 08, 2010

Is it me or does it seem like Spheris is a sinking ship?.  ...