A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

gum chewing, sandwich eating, potato chip eating doctors make me want to puke - how rude

Posted: Apr 03, 2011

nm

How about those refusing to use a kleenex, not exactly sniffling but something much worse - And belching and no excuse me.

[ In Reply To ..]

And all those who work while sick, hungry, tired, miserable. - They should stop abusing us! NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Are you for real? - Anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
Those physicians have probably already worked a 12 or 14-hour day, maybe more, which means on their feet, seeing patients, performing surgery, saving lives. The time they spend doing dictation (and yes, unfortunately, grabbing a bite to eat) may be the only free time they have all day. You poor abused babies. Just remember who pays your salary.
Are YOU for real? - complainer
[ In Reply To ..]
oh yeah, poor, poor, doctors, making a gazillion dollars a year, having to work 12 to 14 hour days...GIVE ME A BREAK...and that is suppose to excuse their obnoxious behaviors? I don't think so...sucking up snot, belching, chewing, etc etc in someone's ear and no "excuse me"??? You obviously are the one with a bug up your butt...
Wow, you are all jealous of anyone who makes money! - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
!
has nothing to do with money...not a thing. - hoi
[ In Reply To ..]

chewing doctors - cr

[ In Reply To ..]
That infuriates me! What makes me want to puke is when they sniff up a bit wad of snot and you know what..

chewing doctors - Karen

[ In Reply To ..]

Most obnoxious doctor was the one driving with the windows down in downtown Indianapolis, radio on, chewing gum and dictating from his car phone - nearly 20 years ago when the reception was spotty at best. But who else feels like they have been slimed and need to take a shower when someone sneezes in your ears while dictating?

LOL - OMG too funny.

[ In Reply To ..]
I couldn't stop laughing. But I have gagged when they sucked up snot. I would send a box of kleenex, but they make more money than me.
I never could figure out how a coughing doctor in the middle of a hospital... - ndmt
[ In Reply To ..]
couldn't get a cough drop. He cannot really see patient that way, can he? Or why the one gal with laryngitis was dictating 8 and 10-minute reports. Do they really expect them to waste their time dictating a document full of blanks?
I have had that happen - I sit here and say
[ In Reply To ..]
WHAT!!!! WHAT!!!!

This whole thread is hilarious! - I keep coming back...

[ In Reply To ..]
... to see the next indignant, defensive, cluckity-cluck over such a trivial matter. And you all are not disappointing!

hahahahahahahahahahaaahahahhah wOOt :D

Doctors are people too! - CuriousMT

[ In Reply To ..]
While many doctors are being rude while releasing many suspicious noises during their dictations, I always think about the doctors that I know personally. They are people too ... and just like us all -- they can some times be rude. Like it or not. This is reality.

Out of sight, out of mind - SassyMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I honestly believe that most doctors have become oblivious to the fact that there are actually people on the other end listening to what they are dictating since we have been removed from view and have been in most cases given an ID#. When I started transcribing years ago, this was never an issue because we were right there so I believe they were more aware of how the job was done, especially since they would often come to us and ask that a certain report be done first. Even a few years ago when I transcribed for a lab, the pathologists were only steps away from us and none of those things were an issue. It's just a sign of the times and probably not going to get any better.

Similar Messages:

Do You Ever Wonder What They Are Eating?
Aug 02, 2010

I have had the same dictator for about 20 minutes worth of files.  She has been eating the whole time.  I swear it sounds like cheese doodles or something.  ...

EATING WHILE DICTATING!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 03, 2012

SO SICK OF DICTATORS EATING HARD CANDY, CHEWING GUM AND EATING CRUNCHY FOOD WHILE DICTATING!!!!!!!!!! NERVE WRACKING AND TIME CONSUMING WHILE WAITING FOR THEM TO MOVE THEIR FOOD AROUND AND SWALLOW!!!  NOT TO MENTION THE RATTLING OF CHIP BAGS....HOW UNPROFESSIONAL CAN YOU GET?????????? ...

Eating While Dictating
Apr 18, 2014

Note to all doctors who eat while dictating... STOP IT! Okay, you jerks swore to do no harm. You violate that oath every single time you pick up a phone and dictate. Eating while dictating is just one of the many things you do. How would you like it if someone came up to you and started chewing their food right in your ears? Oh, you wouldn't? Gee, could have fooled me! What's that you say? No one would show a doctor that kind of disrespect? You are nothing but an over-educated, self in ...

Wanting Your Cake And Eating It Too
Jan 12, 2010

It is extremely easily to apply for unemployment insurance.  Medquist has not fought one single claim to date.  I think everybody should start trusting the government a little more!  Medquist got in trouble for legal reasons not because somebody said something bad about them. You have to train full time to qualify for TAA.  They pay you while you train, but face it, at some point to go to school full time....you might have to quit the Q! Who you gonna trust? ...

This Jerk Must Be Eating A 7-course Meal
Apr 25, 2010

I hate it hate it HATE it when they're eating and dictating.  Chew chew swallow burp chew.  I'm getting endless report after endless report, same dictator, still eating.  God, he must be chomping his way through a 7-course meal.  If I could jump into the computer and throttle him, I would.  YUCK. ...

EATING WHILE DICTATING...AAARRRGGGHHH
Aug 24, 2012

WHY, WHY, WHY.  So disgusting, so loud, so disrespectful.  Sorry....just ewww and please stop it. ...

To Dictating Nurse Eating Lunch
Dec 21, 2014

That was such a clever idea to multitask and eat your lunch while dictating, killing two birds with one stone, as they say.  It's so cute and funny hearing muffled words through your chomps and swallows.  I wish I could return the gesture and make your day more pleasant too.  Merry Christmas. ...

Eating Disorder - S/l Counsel One Pack Each Morning.
Jun 14, 2013

In med list so may or may not be eating disorder related. ...

ADHD - Possible Medication Side Effect Causing Eating Problems?
Oct 06, 2010

I realize some of the ADHD medications can cause weight loss but have never heard of this and not sure - although it's very clear - can someone help? Patient is a 6-year-old white male currently taking Concerta 27 mg daily, methylphenidate 5 mg in the afternoon.  Taking the weekends off for s/l some pensatory eating. Thanks!   ...

Women Make Better Doctors Than Men
Oct 18, 2013

Women Make Better Doctors Than Men A gender divide in a field that was once overwhelmingly male By Jeffrey KlugerOct. 17, 20134 Comments         in Share17  Read Later Getty Images  Email    Print Share   Comment  Follow@TIMEHealthland At least that’s what a recent study of diabetic patients found. But the boys shouldn’t pack up their doctor kits yet. In a new r ...

Doctors Make Me Feel So Uncomfortable
Nov 20, 2009

when the account is verbatim and they speak so incoherently.  Why do they do this and yet expect a perfect report?  I am to type exactly what they say because it is "verbatim", but their actual speech makes both of us look pretty stupid and I resent having my name associated with the report.  Anybody else feel the way I do?? ...

Facilities Cant Make Effort To Insist Doctors Dictate
Jan 18, 2012

the effort to insist that ESL learn to speak English as least good enough to be understood by the average patient, much less MT, and the doctors cant make the effort to dictate in a responsible, professional manner.  Yet, MT/ Ed are suppose to put in a super human effort to fix this mess, usually to the detriment of our paychecks. Why should we, last person to touch the document, be expected to take the time, which we do not get paid for, to make sense of this mess.  Facility  ...

Ioban Sandwich In Op Repot
Jun 17, 2010

Doctor says an ioban sandwich was used over the proximal aspect of the field to drape out more fully the surgical site.  ...

Done Wrong By MQ And I Just Want To Puke When I See Them Run An Ad!
Nov 23, 2011

nm ...

Anyone Else See The Paygrid Comparison And Want To Puke?
Apr 08, 2015

Oh gee, thanks for letting me see the comparison so I can sit and ponder how I will lose approximatly $200 a week now with the second "new and exciting pay plan." I am just so sick and tired. Can't focus, no motivation. I know I should be happy I have a job and yes I really need the money but I'm struggling to continue to put out work for this monstrosity of a company!! ...

Keep Chewing Cow
Dec 02, 2013

My pet peeve, sorry. Didn't your mother teach you any manners? And by the way, your chewing is magnified by the phone. Gross ...

Dictators CHEWING
Sep 05, 2010

Wish there was a board doctors could read for complaints.  How I hate when they chew in my ear!  The absolute worst is this one now who is clearing his throat like a HORSE after every sentence and snuffling all his "thick yellow-to-green secretions" while he dictates!  Rude or what?  He should have specialized in pathology!    ...

Gum Chewing While Dictating
May 21, 2011

I'm going freaking nuts!  I am trying to transcribe a resident's dictation (bad enough), but she's smacking and chewing gum throughout the whole thing.  It's so loud that I can hardly make out what she's saying.  I don't very often rant and rave, but ... I DON'T GET PAID TO HEAR SOMEONE CHEW GUM!!!!   ...

ENS Chip?
Sep 21, 2010

Has anyone ever heard of a chip that may be implanted, possibly for pain?  This patient has low back pain, colitis, sleep disorder, fibromyalgia, cerebral palsy, and OA.  All that is dictated about this chip is s/l "ENS chip.  No MRI."  The first letter doesn't have to be an E...it could be any letter with the E sound...I found a couple of letters that worked with as a chip, but none that specifically said they have been implanted into a person. ...

S/l Lun Renited Chip
Jan 23, 2010

The CT scan i s referring to the patient's ankle.   CT scan shows no acute fractures or malalignment.  No s/l lun renited chip of the tip of the lateral malleolus, but she is asymptomatic there.  Otherwise, there is a negative CT scan of the ankle. tia. ...

Poker Chip Fixation?
Dec 01, 2009

Sounds like he is saying the indentation from the poker chip is gone.   Poker chip?  Is that some sort of fixation technique for fractures?  I've never heard of it.  ...

His Hips Have Symmetric Abduction. Galeazzi Is Negative. Provocative Exam (s/l V-CHIP) Is Negative
Dec 04, 2011

TIA :-) ...

"There Was A Time When Doctors Were Doctors" By James Ong
May 06, 2014

From the KevinPho MD site:   There was a time when doctors were doctors. There was a time when young men and women sacrificed the best years of their youth, learning to treat patients and conquer diseases, not to become typists, paper pushers, data-entry clerks, or to have hospitals, insurance companies, and the federal government dictate to us how to practice medicine.   There was a time when doctors were trusted. There was a time when we were not guilty until proven ot ...

Worried About Being Able To Even Make What I Used To Make Doing
Apr 11, 2011

I seem to be spending an awful lot of time in VR documents, so I am confused as to why I am getting paid less for them.  This stupid VR system types whatever it thinks it might be hearing and sometimes doesn't type anything at all.  I hate this VR.  I am up to 1800 lines but usually do 2200-2500 a day on straight transcription.  I don't know how I am going to feed my children.  I am a single mom and the head of household.  Believe me the child support isn& ...

Doctors Who Cut Themselves Off
Feb 05, 2010

Doesn't it drive you nuts when a doctor consistently cuts himself off when he dictates?  I sometimes get half words, the last couple letters of words, places where I haves to leave blanks because they say something like:  EKG showed (silence) rhythm.  What kind of regular?  Regular rate and....?  Arrrrggggghhhh! Sorry.  Needed to vent.  I make sure to send a note that dictation cuts out.  What I really want to say is the doctor dictates like an idio ...

Is It Just Me, Or Do A Lot Of Doctors Have The
Feb 16, 2011

I have heard Indiana Jones, however.  ...

Pig Doctors
Feb 16, 2014

I dispise doctors who not only eat while dictating, but eat with their mouths right up to the phone, openly smacking loudly - smack-smack-smack.  What disgusting pigs!  I hate them! They obviously aren't taught any table manners where they come from. ...

Anyone Know? Are Doctors And NP Or Anyone
Aug 15, 2014

encounters, are they required to have a short course on proper dictation procedure? I would think, being that this medical record is sooo freaking important that we are drawn and quartered if not perfect, that these professionals who generate these reports would also be schooled about proper pronunciation, enunciation, etc. before they throw it out there for us to perfect. Getting kind of sick of these lazy, mush-mouthed, slurred, rapid and mispronounced dictations. ...

Some Of These Doctors
Sep 24, 2014

Should have their right to dictate revoked. What a looong day ...

TTD, Inc. (The Transcription Doctors, Inc.)
Oct 25, 2009

If anyone knows any kind of info at all for this company I would love to hear from you. I am supposed to be talking to someone tomorrow from this company and I would love to know if they are legit. Thanks so much! ...