A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Keep chewing cow - sm

Posted: Dec 02, 2013

My pet peeve, sorry. Didn't your mother teach you any manners? And by the way, your chewing is magnified by the phone. Gross

Long pause. . .take another bite. . . - please choke

[ In Reply To ..]
I have a doc that not only dictates in the busy ER where the EMS calls are coming through but also decides to eat. It's so disgusting and annoying and I keep hoping he will choke. He actually DID choke once. But that resulted in coughing, throat clearing, etc., which was more disgusting than the eating. Really gross.

Holy Heimlich maneuver - LOL

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm actually ashamed to admit this, but I had a dictator chomping on something the other night whilst dictating, and she DID choke!!! I felt kind of bad for her but, yeah, only for a split second. She kept trying to cough it up on and off throughout the entire report and every single time she did I know I was sitting here with a self-satisfied smirk on my face.

Yes, I must be a terrible person but it was exactly what I wished would happen to one of these inconsiderate buffoons for YEARS now.

I hope she learned a lesson about eating and dictating :-)

That's my pet peeve, too. And I don't have many. - Khaled

[ In Reply To ..]
I consider myself a patient person, but when someone chews while dictating or when I'm on the phone with them, it absolutely pushes my buttons. It's rude, and it sounds terribly disgusting.

Similar Messages:

Dictators CHEWING
Sep 05, 2010

Wish there was a board doctors could read for complaints.  How I hate when they chew in my ear!  The absolute worst is this one now who is clearing his throat like a HORSE after every sentence and snuffling all his "thick yellow-to-green secretions" while he dictates!  Rude or what?  He should have specialized in pathology!    ...

Gum Chewing While Dictating
May 21, 2011

I'm going freaking nuts!  I am trying to transcribe a resident's dictation (bad enough), but she's smacking and chewing gum throughout the whole thing.  It's so loud that I can hardly make out what she's saying.  I don't very often rant and rave, but ... I DON'T GET PAID TO HEAR SOMEONE CHEW GUM!!!!   ...

Gum Chewing, Sandwich Eating, Potato Chip Eating Doctors Make Me Want To Puke
Apr 03, 2011

nm ...