A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Wanting your cake and eating it too - ?

Posted: Jan 12, 2010

It is extremely easily to apply for unemployment insurance.  Medquist has not fought one single claim to date. 

I think everybody should start trusting the government a little more!  Medquist got in trouble for legal reasons not because somebody said something bad about them.

You have to train full time to qualify for TAA.  They pay you while you train, but face it, at some point to go to school full time....you might have to quit the Q!

Who you gonna trust?

Unemployment claim denied - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
MQ did win an unemployment claim filed by one of our fellow MTs. It was a very drawn out process, involving conference calls among the MT, the Q, and the DOL.

I filed for partial unemployment at the height of the cesspool era when getting NJA consistently. I was approved, and even received my VISA card. I never followed through by submitted a claim. The bookkeeping and paperwork were mind boggling.

Similar Messages:

Gum Chewing, Sandwich Eating, Potato Chip Eating Doctors Make Me Want To Puke
Apr 03, 2011

nm ...

This Takes The Cake SM
Oct 20, 2014

My company is asking us to volunteer to put in extra hours, so our offshore partners can enjoy their 4 day holiday.  Puhleese people don't do it.  You might make some extra money, but you are selling us out. ...

This One Takes The Cake....I've Heard It All Now.........
Apr 03, 2011

From CCM:  She says "if the dictator dictates incorrect lab values, the MT transcribes as dictated, the error belongs to the MT.  We must be ever vigilant, not only to our own potential errors but to the dictator’s as well." While I completely agree that the MT should be vigilant and try to catch dictator errors when possible, it is absolutely ridiculous to consider something like this the MT's error--it is the DICTATOR's error!  Saying it's the MT's ...

Just Baked A Cake, Folks...remembering When
Dec 13, 2011

around this time in the afternoon, yesteryear...I would take a look at my line count. It might read 2500 or so...I might decide to take a hiking, biking or swim break and if I chose, come back later at night and add another 1000 into the mix for the day...that would be a $350.00 day. Work flowed 'round the clock, I stayed in hotels for 1 or 2 months out of the year--window by the sea, as I transcribed away in front of a gorgeous view...but today, the only numbers before me are those on the ...

Do You Ever Wonder What They Are Eating?
Aug 02, 2010

I have had the same dictator for about 20 minutes worth of files.  She has been eating the whole time.  I swear it sounds like cheese doodles or something.  ...

EATING WHILE DICTATING!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 03, 2012

SO SICK OF DICTATORS EATING HARD CANDY, CHEWING GUM AND EATING CRUNCHY FOOD WHILE DICTATING!!!!!!!!!! NERVE WRACKING AND TIME CONSUMING WHILE WAITING FOR THEM TO MOVE THEIR FOOD AROUND AND SWALLOW!!!  NOT TO MENTION THE RATTLING OF CHIP BAGS....HOW UNPROFESSIONAL CAN YOU GET?????????? ...

Eating While Dictating
Apr 18, 2014

Note to all doctors who eat while dictating... STOP IT! Okay, you jerks swore to do no harm. You violate that oath every single time you pick up a phone and dictate. Eating while dictating is just one of the many things you do. How would you like it if someone came up to you and started chewing their food right in your ears? Oh, you wouldn't? Gee, could have fooled me! What's that you say? No one would show a doctor that kind of disrespect? You are nothing but an over-educated, self in ...

This Jerk Must Be Eating A 7-course Meal
Apr 25, 2010

I hate it hate it HATE it when they're eating and dictating.  Chew chew swallow burp chew.  I'm getting endless report after endless report, same dictator, still eating.  God, he must be chomping his way through a 7-course meal.  If I could jump into the computer and throttle him, I would.  YUCK. ...

EATING WHILE DICTATING...AAARRRGGGHHH
Aug 24, 2012

WHY, WHY, WHY.  So disgusting, so loud, so disrespectful.  Sorry....just ewww and please stop it. ...

To Dictating Nurse Eating Lunch
Dec 21, 2014

That was such a clever idea to multitask and eat your lunch while dictating, killing two birds with one stone, as they say.  It's so cute and funny hearing muffled words through your chomps and swallows.  I wish I could return the gesture and make your day more pleasant too.  Merry Christmas. ...

Eating Disorder - S/l Counsel One Pack Each Morning.
Jun 14, 2013

In med list so may or may not be eating disorder related. ...

ADHD - Possible Medication Side Effect Causing Eating Problems?
Oct 06, 2010

I realize some of the ADHD medications can cause weight loss but have never heard of this and not sure - although it's very clear - can someone help? Patient is a 6-year-old white male currently taking Concerta 27 mg daily, methylphenidate 5 mg in the afternoon.  Taking the weekends off for s/l some pensatory eating. Thanks!   ...

Wanting Out
Dec 29, 2009

I've been a MT for 10 years.  Not long compared to a lot of people on here, but unfortunately for me it has become a nigtmare instead of the job I once loved.  The last couple years with the change to SR has cost me approximately $10.00 per hour.  I am the only income in my home raising 3 children, on the verge of losing the house...   Same old sad story all over the country I suppose.   I'm looking for some advice on other jobs that can be ...

Wanting To Become An MT
May 18, 2015

Hello MT'S out there HELP HELP HELP! Im wanting to become like you, an Mt and preferrably to work from home. I'm trying to find out about about schools/training: accredited, financial aid, online. I'd be interested to know how, who, and what to go about it. If I'm able to go by financial aid, i want to pick the right school/training. I would hate to just pick a school and find out its not the right one and would be wasing the financial aid money. I google and i� ...

Wanting Info On FTP
Jan 24, 2010

I have seen some companies hiring that use an FTP program.  Can anyone give me some more info on them?  I know it is a file transfer program, but exactly how does it work and is it easy to learn?  Can you get free programs to load?  What is the best one?  Thanks! ...

Those Of You Wanting To Retrain For Something Else ...
Apr 25, 2010

I'm in the RNP program. Here are 3 quick (2 yrs) degrees that are also paying pretty well.  Just FYI. CMTM http://finance.yahoo.com/news/10-Jobs-With-Great-Return-on-usnews-4256113474.html?x=0   Radiation therapist --Most common degree: Associate's --Median pay: $72,910 More than half of cancer patients are treated with radiation therapy, which involves high doses of radiation aimed at killing cancer cells, and, according to the National Cancer Institute. (Radiati ...

Wanting To Know How Would I Get Started
Jan 25, 2011

I am looking for a job as a medical transcriptionist.  I like to work through my home.  I am attended college at Kaplan University, so I have not got my degree yet, but I believe I could do the work.  I am wanting to know how would I get started. ...

What's With These Companies Wanting ICs But
Jul 11, 2011

telling you what hours they want you to work? Just saw the latest job posting. I could never work for a company like that. I mean sure you can ask me if I can do it but to tell me. If that company cannot afford to hire employees then you shouldn't be accepting hospital accounts. I am glad I work for a company that says, "We can't tell you what hours to work as an IC." It makes you feel respected. Isn't that illegal anyway? Can someone tell me? ...

Wanting To Get My Own Clients
Jan 08, 2012

I am wanting to start getting my own clients again (haven't done that since I picked up and delivered, printed, etc.!!!) but know nothing about the dictation portion of it.  How do you get an FTP site?  Where do you go to get the dictation set up and be able to transcribe it?  What other things do I need to do for that?  Help!  Thank you all :) ...

Wanting To Leave
Aug 04, 2012

What types of jobs can still be done from home and make a reasonable wage?  I've been a MT for 15 years, making less money now than I did my first months, and just really wanting to leave.  I would like to find something that can still be done from home, if anyone has any legitimate ideas... ...

Here's A Suggestion For Those Wanting To Know
Jan 08, 2013

Cheap, cheap, cheap. You should pay your peeps. You could tell the clients NTS cannot keep up with work because people are jumping ship like rats from a hot fire. Perhaps management (upper, way upper I mean) could explain instead of the TLs having to do it, that they needed so much money to take to the bank they had to cut the pay of all their employees, now they have green, not as speedy, uninitiated MTs doing the work. Most of the good ones have fled the scene. And here's another rant: ...

Wanting My Own Clients
May 17, 2015

I am wanting to start my own MTSO and have my own clients.  I need someone who has done this already to be sort of a mentor for me.  If all you are going to say is "dont do it" or "it really sucks" or other stuff like that, please save it.  I just need advice on how to get started, who makes the decisions in clinics and offices, and so on...     Thanks in advance... MTdude ...

Wanting To Put Windows 7 On My Computer. Please Sm
Dec 08, 2009

I currently have Vista.  I was eligible for the Windows 7 upgrade.  If I put Windows 7 on my computer, will I lose my programs, like my Shorthand, Kodak, my work programs used for typing? Thanks ...

5+ Yrs Billing Exp Wanting Telecomute Job
Feb 15, 2012

I'm interested in possible payment posting or claim refiling work from home. I have 5+ years experience in Internal Medicine and 1+ year experience in Orthopaedic Surgery. I am proficient in many programs and need little training in new systems. Have held PRN telecommuting billing job for 9 months and would love more work. Please respond to this post if you are looking for someone to fill a similar position. Thanks. ...

Wanting To Leave MM? Here's My Story
Jun 05, 2012

I started back when it was DDI. Anyone remember that? We had 2 accounts, 1 primary, 1 secondary. We rarely were without work. I absolutely loved it and we ALL KNEW our accounts inside and out. Changes came the last few years and not all good. You all know how difficult working for MM is so I won't go into that. Two summers ago I "thought" and was lead to believe, I would be able to work part-time at my local hospital. I was continuously told it all "looked like a go." For 5 months it "looke ...

Wanting To Leave MT But Don't Know Where To Start..
Oct 30, 2014

I've been MT for 13 years...but since the whole profession has gone down the tubes, I really want to find something else to do.  I'm thinking of coding.  Going to check out my local community college and see what they have to offer but also would like input on a good coding course.  There has to be something better than what I am doing now.  I cant work for peanuts much longer...Thanks! ...

Are There Still Young People Wanting To Do This?
Jun 21, 2015

As my mind wanders through the shift, I was thinking do the young people still want to do this for a living?  Are these medical transcription schools still in existence and telling people they can make a wonderful living at this?  I just wonder if, in the next 10 years or so, as the oldtimers (like me) retire or go work at Wal-Mart, what is going to happen in this wonderful career choice?  Will they have to actually start paying a decent wage just to get people to do this?  O ...

Wanting To Start Coding Classe
Sep 30, 2010

I have been wanting to start coding classes; however I am worried it will be outsourced like transcription.  ALso I need to work from home and I hear it is hard to get started.  I have been an MT for 5 years. Any advice?  I dont want to pay for school and it be outsourced. ...

Journalist's Story And Wanting Quotes
Sep 14, 2011

S.E. White, I would hope would have said the name of the paper she is writing this article for and if quoted where we can find it, if all is legit.  She posted this question on the Tuesday it was supposedly due at 2 a.m. She was looking here at MTStars for an article due by noon that same day?  Hummm.  Questionable, but then again nobody would believe we have to have a report done in 2 hours for 4 cents either, and the patient still will not get the results from the doctor in ...

Wanting To Transition To At-home Transcription
Mar 12, 2012

Hi, I currently work full-time at a University Hospital in Iowa in the Department of OB/GYN and have been transcribing in this department for 8 years.  I transcribe for the residents and since their notes are so detailed I have experience in typing about other medical conditions besides just gynecology/ob related.  I have an hour commute one way and I am seriously thinking of quitting this job and trying at-home transcription so I can be closer to my daughter during the day.  She ...