A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

This jerk must be eating a 7-course meal - RawRecruit

Posted: Apr 25, 2010

I hate it hate it HATE it when they're eating and dictating.  Chew chew swallow burp chew.  I'm getting endless report after endless report, same dictator, still eating.  God, he must be chomping his way through a 7-course meal.  If I could jump into the computer and throttle him, I would.  YUCK.

GROSS!!! Don't you hate that?! - rqCMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I feel for you. I understand that sometimes docs don't have a lot of time to take a break and eat, but that seems pretty extensive and bordering on rude. Hope it ends for you soon, and I hope you will still be able to enjoy your own meals later, lol. Have a good evening!

bordering??? - rrmt

[ In Reply To ..]
No, that is flat out RUDE. It's not only talking while you're eating but essentially doing it right in someone's ear. They wouldn't do that to someone they were sitting next to (I don't think they would, anyway) but it's OK to do it to us, apparently. It is totally disgusting.

You're right, they think it's ok to be rude to us - RawRecruit

[ In Reply To ..]
That's why, when they say something polite to the MT, I always want to cry, I'm so gratified. There's one doc who always says "I wish to thank the transcriptionist for transcribing this report" at the end of his reports. This guy, I want to have his baby.

Oh, that is disgusting! - hgirl

[ In Reply To ..]
I feel for you. I hate it when they do that! My worst one was this doc who repeatedly - every DAY - during his 45-minute-long dictation of clinic notes, would use the bathroom at least once. Evidently in a large, large bathroom with lots of echos. It was disturbing.

I would join you in a Mob Throttle! - it drives me up a wall. no message.

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I have a gum chewer, he constantly chews gum - sm -

[ In Reply To ..]
rarely does he dictate without chomping in my ear. Took me a while to figure it out, someone else thought he was flicking papers, but that is not it. He cracks me up though, swears at the computer sometimes when the system is slow, explains to me he is waiting, etc.

Regarding rude dictators - Alice

[ In Reply To ..]
I used to think that this behavior was the result of just plain lack of respect and outright rudeness. However, I have come to believe that they are truly clueless. Nowadays, I blame those who work closely with the dictating clinicians, those who do not have the courage to confront them and teach them better, and make sure they comply with common dictation courtesy.

A prayer for transcriptionists - wrkn4pnuts

[ In Reply To ..]
Dear Lord,

Please forgive us transcriptionists when we curse and scream, mutter insults and make obscene gestures, and want to violently strangle inconsiderate people who dictate and at the same time also belch, fart, pee, poop, chomp, slurp, sniff their snot, hack up lugies, chew with their mouth open, etc. Not that there's any shame associated with letting it all hang out. Many people think it's all done by voice recognition now, as it's superior to the intellect of a human being with skills like ours. Surely a real live person couldn't actually be listening AND transcribing! I'm sorry, Lord, I got carried away there...please help us peons do your will, even if for the moment it is at a job in which we are underappreciated and underpaid. Amen.

I hate gum! - jm0405

[ In Reply To ..]
Gum chewers irritate me to no avail!

Similar Messages:

Gum Chewing, Sandwich Eating, Potato Chip Eating Doctors Make Me Want To Puke
Apr 03, 2011

nm ...

Jerk Dictator
Jun 14, 2010

ESL dictator with very thick accent states:  ...for antibiotic management.  NOT with antibiotic management.  Please learn to transcribe correctly.  Although it wasn't me who made the mistake, it was all I could do to not put in the QA note:  A female is SHE and male is HE and it is vomit not WOMIT, please learn to dictate correctly.  I so wish it was okay to put QA notes to the dictators. ...

Am I Being A Jerk, Or Is Anyone Else Annoyed The MM Coding Stuff Was Moved To This Board?
Mar 22, 2014

I've already been through school with Andrews and am getting ready to start the transition ICD-10 course, and I honestly don't mean to be a jerk about M modal.  I do feel badly for the MTs there, but I don't see why all the MM coding talk couldn't have just stayed with the MM side of the board.  Anyone else feel the same? ...

Do You Ever Wonder What They Are Eating?
Aug 02, 2010

I have had the same dictator for about 20 minutes worth of files.  She has been eating the whole time.  I swear it sounds like cheese doodles or something.  ...

S/l "endo Meal" Will Be Used For Skin Closure
Jan 04, 2011

any ideas? ...

EATING WHILE DICTATING!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 03, 2012

SO SICK OF DICTATORS EATING HARD CANDY, CHEWING GUM AND EATING CRUNCHY FOOD WHILE DICTATING!!!!!!!!!! NERVE WRACKING AND TIME CONSUMING WHILE WAITING FOR THEM TO MOVE THEIR FOOD AROUND AND SWALLOW!!!  NOT TO MENTION THE RATTLING OF CHIP BAGS....HOW UNPROFESSIONAL CAN YOU GET?????????? ...

Eating While Dictating
Apr 18, 2014

Note to all doctors who eat while dictating... STOP IT! Okay, you jerks swore to do no harm. You violate that oath every single time you pick up a phone and dictate. Eating while dictating is just one of the many things you do. How would you like it if someone came up to you and started chewing their food right in your ears? Oh, you wouldn't? Gee, could have fooled me! What's that you say? No one would show a doctor that kind of disrespect? You are nothing but an over-educated, self in ...

Wanting Your Cake And Eating It Too
Jan 12, 2010

It is extremely easily to apply for unemployment insurance.  Medquist has not fought one single claim to date.  I think everybody should start trusting the government a little more!  Medquist got in trouble for legal reasons not because somebody said something bad about them. You have to train full time to qualify for TAA.  They pay you while you train, but face it, at some point to go to school full time....you might have to quit the Q! Who you gonna trust? ...

EATING WHILE DICTATING...AAARRRGGGHHH
Aug 24, 2012

WHY, WHY, WHY.  So disgusting, so loud, so disrespectful.  Sorry....just ewww and please stop it. ...

To Dictating Nurse Eating Lunch
Dec 21, 2014

That was such a clever idea to multitask and eat your lunch while dictating, killing two birds with one stone, as they say.  It's so cute and funny hearing muffled words through your chomps and swallows.  I wish I could return the gesture and make your day more pleasant too.  Merry Christmas. ...

Eating Disorder - S/l Counsel One Pack Each Morning.
Jun 14, 2013

In med list so may or may not be eating disorder related. ...

ADHD - Possible Medication Side Effect Causing Eating Problems?
Oct 06, 2010

I realize some of the ADHD medications can cause weight loss but have never heard of this and not sure - although it's very clear - can someone help? Patient is a 6-year-old white male currently taking Concerta 27 mg daily, methylphenidate 5 mg in the afternoon.  Taking the weekends off for s/l some pensatory eating. Thanks!   ...