A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

dictators CHEWING - AT

Posted: Sep 05, 2010

Wish there was a board doctors could read for complaints.  How I hate when they chew in my ear!  The absolute worst is this one now who is clearing his throat like a HORSE after every sentence and snuffling all his "thick yellow-to-green secretions" while he dictates!  Rude or what?  He should have specialized in pathology!   

what does this have to do with companies in particular? - N/M

[ In Reply To ..]

so, you simply could have told OP to post this on Main board. - n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
n/m

n/m Category Police - AT

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry, should have filed it correctly. Didn't know there was an anal retentive checking what goes where. Hope you are not someone's boss.
hehe, well okay then... so, what does this have to do with - companies in particular? hehe n/m
[ In Reply To ..]
n/m
ROFL!! - N/M
[ In Reply To ..]
XOX
hehe; still funny, even though it has been moved to Main Board. - n/m
[ In Reply To ..]
n/m

And ... YAWNING while chewing is the WORST! - gabby

[ In Reply To ..]

Well, at least you don't have to see that. - Yuuuuuck!. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I discovered something as bad as chewing: - Playing with a mint/losenge in their mouth - so gr

[ In Reply To ..]
All that saliva swishing and ticking noises from whatever it is hitting their teeth. Ugh.

loud swallowing - deenibeeni

[ In Reply To ..]
loud slurp followed by loud swallowing...makes me crazier than all the above combined. like nails on a blackboard since I was a little kid, I don't know why. That swallowing noise makes me retch.

Similar Messages:

Keep Chewing Cow
Dec 02, 2013

My pet peeve, sorry. Didn't your mother teach you any manners? And by the way, your chewing is magnified by the phone. Gross ...

Gum Chewing While Dictating
May 21, 2011

I'm going freaking nuts!  I am trying to transcribe a resident's dictation (bad enough), but she's smacking and chewing gum throughout the whole thing.  It's so loud that I can hardly make out what she's saying.  I don't very often rant and rave, but ... I DON'T GET PAID TO HEAR SOMEONE CHEW GUM!!!!   ...

Lousy Dictators - Crappy, Hard To Understand Dictators, Both ESL And English-speaking
May 17, 2014

Today I will make less than half of what I normally get because all I've gotten today are crappy, hard to understand dictators, both ESL and English-speaking.  Seems like all I get lately are the hard to understand, mush-mouth dictators.  Guess Nuance doesn't want their MTs making quota.  Sorry.  I just had to vent. ...

Gum Chewing, Sandwich Eating, Potato Chip Eating Doctors Make Me Want To Puke
Apr 03, 2011

nm ...

ARRRGGGGGHH! I Love Resident Dictators. I Love Resident Dictators. I Love Resident Dictators.
Jun 19, 2010

A new ESL dictating a DS. Can't speed him up because he's too "new" (to this country?). He is spelling every other word!!!!!! AND then spells it again - extubated, e-x-t-u-b-a-t-e-d, extubated e for elephant, x for crosses, t for tom, u for umbrella, b for .......... get the picture (sigh)? On top of that, the report is 28 minutes long!!! Should never have gotten out of bed this morning. LOL I do feel bad for him that he doesn't realize he doesn't have to spell every other ...

ESL Dictators
Feb 08, 2010

Hey folks, I recently got put on an ESL, primarily Spanish, account at KeyStrokes.  I'm having a very hard time with these dictations.  Can anybody give me some tips for better skills understanding this accent?   I've been doing ESL dictators of Indian and Asian accents without really any problems at all.  However, these Hispanic ones are really giving me problems.  Thanks.    ...

How Many Of You Have Dictators That
Feb 10, 2010

just with the sound of their voice, can turn your day to yuck? There are 2 docs on one of my accounts who literally make me cringe when I hear their voices.  Like nails on a chalkboard or something.  I cannot stand listening to them!  Unfortunately, they always have very looooong reports.  I keep expecting my ears to start bleeding one of these days! ...

Do Dictators Know What ASR IS???
Mar 17, 2010

Can you imagine getting an ASR report where the dictator says "please put number one please please please put number one, please put number five, please please please put number five.."  all the while I am having to edit out all these infernal "pleases" and wonder just what kind of idiot this is.  Sheesh! ...

Bad Dictators
Jun 06, 2012

Anyone ever suspect that accounts we do have in-house transcriptionists and they outsource their worst dictators to services? ...

Resident Dictators
Oct 14, 2009

I have a female resident dictating radiology who tries to break the speed barrier, she sniffs before every sentence, and constantly makes these noises in her throat.  She DRIVES ME CRAZY.  My rant for the day. ...

Idiot Dictators.
Nov 04, 2009

I truly, truly wish these idiots who call themselves physicians had to listen to and transcribe their own dictations.  I am so frustrated right now I could just about pull my hair out.  Being a greeter at Wal-Mart is looking very enticing right now.  ...

Pay For 1 MME Shift With 90% ESL Dictators
Dec 20, 2009

About 1/3 of those 100% QA reports were done by ILPs.  Total average earnings per hour:  a little over 4 $, but  I will be paid at my state's minimum wage.  Before my in-house hospital job was outsourced to an MTSO that kept the work in the country for 2 years and then sent it to India, I was being paid 19 $ an hour and also had great benefits and PTO.   When did this "profession" turn into a minimum wage job ?  (actually, half of minimum wage if ...

DSG Seems To Have The WORST Dictators
Mar 26, 2010

I have been an MT for over 20 years and have worked at a few different companies.  I am currently with DSG, and I just have to say, DSG seems to have the WORST dictators of any company that I have worked for.  I work on 5 different accounts for them and it is all the same.  Any other DSG'ers out there that are experiencing the same thing?  I don't recall being told when I was hired that I would be typing 98% ESL.  Beware if you are thinking of working here!    ...

Bad Dictators Very Frustrating
Apr 28, 2010

I have 6 years of experience and just started a new job doing straight transcription.  I'm convinced that I'm getting all of dictators that they can't run through their VR because they are so bad.  I'm lucky to make $5.00/hr.  Very frustrating.  Need to give my notice.  Anybody else have this experience?  Sorry, I just needed to vent. ...

Dictators Who Think We're Dum-dums
Dec 28, 2010

One of these days where I'm working but don't really feel much like it.  Restless, surfing the net, laughing at the dictators.  Had one who rattled off bizarre medical terms while eating, so I had to leave numerous blanks, and then the next one spent a good deal of time trying to explain to the dumb MT how to type "b.i.d."  (that's BEE, EYE, DEE - oh, all in little letters - I mean, a little BEE, then a period, a little EYE, then a period, a little DEE, then a perio ...

Keystrokes Dictators Sm
Jan 18, 2011

Would someone from Keystrokes email me as to how bad the ESL docs are?  I have been offered a job but told it is mostly ESLs and I don't mind them but if they are really bad dictators, I think I will pass.  Thanks! ...

Instructions To Dictators O P E N Y O U R M O U T H A N D
Mar 09, 2011

t a l k.  it    would    make   my   life  much   easier   if   you    would  talk  normally and  not  like   you  are  either  a racehorserunninginthekentuckyderby or   the  tortoise  racing  the  hare  and    that     we   d   o   n  o  t ...

Procrastinating Dictators And TAT
May 21, 2011

It really annoys me when some providers wait weeks, or months, to do their dictation, and then all of a sudden they're stats, even though the patient won't be back for weeks or months, or prn. Or the ones who make every progress note a stat, and bump the really important jobs down the line. It just grinds my gears. ...

Dictators Not Weighed
Sep 03, 2011

I work for a hospital that is going to production based pay using editscript and not weighing the doctors. There are some transcriptions who cannot type all work types and can only do easy dictations so they make more than the ones who have the skills and knowledge who do the harder dictations. Any I idea of how I can address this with my supervisor? ...

Dictators Who Eat During Dictation
Dec 14, 2011

This really bugs me, and I usually don't mention anything about it, but I am doing a report by a PA, and she is just crunching away while dictating, and can hardly talk while she is eating.  She is eating like her life depends upon it, and this is totally rude and obnoxious.  I have heard it all though, and there is not 1 MT I have known that hasn't experienced this.  They eat, go to the bathroom, have children in the background that they don't try to keep quiet, do ...

Solution For Better Dictators
Mar 19, 2012

How about the company charge extra to the dictators for ESL, drunk sounding dictators, mumblers, eaters, slurpers, burpers, playing games with others while they're supposed to be dictating, what sounds like background Christmas parties, "oh, yeah, go back up to ....and add," speed talkers, dictators that sound like they have hair lips, speech impedements and last, but not least, dictators that cannot pronounce other doctor's names or meds or med terms, but won't spell for you.&nbs ...

Worse Dictators
Jun 05, 2012

I'm new to having to work work for a service. Recently the only work availabe has been the absolutely worst dictator I have ever done in my 25 years transcribing for hundreds of different doctors and specialties. With the platforms being used, can you tell if you are getting previous rejected jobs? There is no way to make more than $1. an hour with this guy. They also have Word programmed to delete one of the spaces between sentences, essentially a keystroke not being paid, as well as a ...

Dollars And Dictators
Jun 23, 2012

Really aware this morning how much our ability to make money depends on dictators.  If you have an account where the majority of dictators are terrible (not ESL), for all the reasons many of us have experienced, it really does not matter how fast we type, how many expansions we have, or how much vast medical knowledge we have worked to obtain.  Just made $3.36 in 26 minutes due to an extensive ADT search and a dictator who takes his time reading the medical record while talk ...

Incompetent Dictators
Jun 24, 2012

Has anyone ever considered coordinating with MT coworkers to refuse doing jobs for horrid dictators? Does anyone think this might motivate the MTSOs to have the backbone to contact the doctor to try to resolve the problem? This could be as simple as having them adjust their mic so that everything they say isn't covered by breath sounds from a mic too close, or learning to use the "PAUSE" command while they review a chart. The only reason they get away with this is because we continue t ...

Doctors/dictators
Jul 17, 2012

Just wondering why there are so many doctors/dictators with foreign accents here? Most of mine seem to be from India. My BIL is a doctor and told me years ago that "smart students" aren't going into medicine now because the average salary is "only" about $100,000.00 a year.  He said the top students are going into business (MBA degree, etc)  in order to make more money.  Aren't doctors supposed to go into medicine mainly because they want to help people?  Can' ...

I Know These Dictators Don't Care About Us, But They Had
Aug 04, 2012

better realize that VR is going to transcribe what it hears, including the chomping, slurping, crunching, and gulping, which VR will interpret into words, and either they're going to have to pay extra for the fixes or learn some d*** manners! I'd hate to be in a restaurant with these people!  Gross! Anyway... my vent for the night.  Thanks for listening. ...

Dear Dictators ...
Jun 07, 2013

Do you know how irritating it is to hear you chew, smack your lips, burp, yawn, and/or other assorted noises while we have to decipher what you're trying to say?  If you could listen to yourselves the way we have to, maybe it would make you think twice before performing any of the above acts while you're dictating.  I know, I know, nothing will come of this, but at least I was able to vent!  ...

Your Dictators % Accuracy?
Jul 01, 2013

I just checked the accuracy of one of our best ESL dictators after editing.  He has 28% accuracy.  Total words: 350.  Total errors: 64 (words and punctuation).  This was a full page of report. I wonder what the average accuracy is for your dictators?  How low a figure will they settle for allowing in the patient records? ...

Correcting The Dictators
Jul 11, 2013

Just a small rant here.  WHY in the world do companies tell US, the MT to change this or that when the DOCTOR says it?  An example....VR work, hospital policy is dates in numeric, so doctor dictates June 22, VR types June 22, but we have to change this to 06/22.  Hospital says don't say patient names, but doctor dictates Mr. Smith, VR types Mr. Smith and WE have to change to "the patient".   I mean, wouldn't it be MUCH more simple to just TELL the doctors to say it ...

Honestly, Do These Dictators Not Know (or Probably Just Don't
Aug 22, 2013

care) that eating, smacking, chewing gum, blowing their nose, coughing, yawning, et cetera, are totally disgusting and annoying when they are dictating.  I wonder how they would feel if people came to see them and did these things while they were being examined.  Does anybody teach them common courtesy?  I don't care how "busy" they are, common courtesy should be alive and well.  Too bad there's nobody that cares that could actually do something about it.  My v ...