A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What is your favorite typing package? The more responses the better. - Horski

Posted: Nov 09, 2009

We are trying to pick a new typing package to interface to Meditech.  Right now we are using Dictaphone EXText.  What is your favorite to type in??

Typing Package - TMEFG

[ In Reply To ..]
I personally love ExText and don't see why you would need any reason to change.

Money - Horski

[ In Reply To ..]
We have had it for years and didn't keep up with the updates. Now, to get it where it needs to be, we would have to buy all the updates which we found out is not much different than starting over with the latest version. So, as long as we are spending that kind of money, we want to check out all of our options as we were not that happy with their tech support. We pay a huge service contract each year and they have not helped much. Our own IT seem to figure it out better than Dictaphone. Then the licenses are so expensive and to e-sign out of extext is another huge cost. Right know the provders sign in Meditech, but we would much prefer it signed in EXText before it interfaces to Meditech, but it is a huge cost.

We might very well stay with them and it is user friendly, but we have been out of the market for a while so thought we would see if there is anything as good or better with maybe a better price.

I too, like EXText, our version is just so old it can really slow us down and doesn't interface as nicely as it used to since Meditech we are all up-to-date.

Costs - TMEFG

[ In Reply To ..]
Well, that explains it. I think you are making the right choice in checking out your options then. I don't have much experience with any other platforms, so I am of no help there. I wish you luck and hope you get some more replies soon.
Thanks. - Horski
[ In Reply To ..]
I haven't had much luck getting replies to posts, but I keep trying. I really appreciate your input. Good reminder to not rule out EXText.

Thank you!
Platforms - janie
[ In Reply To ..]
I LOVE EMDAT...and I searched HIGH AND LOW, started several, tried several. Thought it would be cost prohibitive but in the end, I come out MUCH better and interfaces are free with Meditech and others as well.
I have never heard of this. - Horski
[ In Reply To ..]
I will definitely be checking it out. Free Meditech interface is worth tens of thousands!!

my opinion - destinyisntfree

[ In Reply To ..]
I personally am a bit partial to DocQscribe or escription. I have worked extensively on ExText and it can be a bit poky, even on the newer version, and some clients are just not compatible with the newer version. A currently work as a QA on ExText, and am less than enthusiastic about the QA process.

DocQscribe has to be leased from MedQuist, though, so I don't know that the tech support issues would be much better, and Escription is also a Nuance product.

Have to agree. - Horski

[ In Reply To ..]
On the QA part. I type half my day and QA the other half. I do not like the way if picks random QA jobs. I was hoping it was because of our old version. Great things to think about.

We have great computers, new, fast, etc., and I have found EXText poky especially in VR jobs. Sounds like that has not improved in the newer version either.

Never heard of DocQscribe. Will check it out. We did have Escription in for a demo, but I can't remember our pros and cons. Have to dig out the notes and maybe invite them back out.

Thank you!

Similar Messages:

Disappointing Responses
Jun 13, 2010

It is very disappointing to see that 134 people (so far) have read my post and only 1 person has responded.  What is up with that?  Please note I fully expect a bunch of responses to this stupid post but not to the important one further down. ...

Wow To The Responses To Patti
Dec 31, 2011

I'm not sure where to start, and I don't usually respolnd to this (gasp) crap.  I am a professional and I carry myself as such at work.  You might also find it interesting that I went to a private liberal arts Quaker school for college.  The thing I find perplexing is that the folks bashing Patti didn't answer her question or even remotely come close.  Why attack her when you don't have an answer to her question?  I find nothing about about the term " ...

Venting About Some Responses
Nov 05, 2013

I keep seeing responses here saying they have no idea why people are upset over VR coming or EMR showing up, etc. etc. Why people are down on this profession.  Does anybody LOVE to earn poverty wages?  Do people look forward to losing their homes? DUH........ Who are these people who post these statements? Are they the ones with the husbands who support them and they haven't a worry in the world. I often feel like turning around and saying:  "I have no idea why some peopl ...

My Lay-off Package From M*M Came
Apr 11, 2013

Thought I would share info about the lay-off packageI finally got that was promised me when I got the call last week. The first page was a letter explaining that "after the company's review and restructure of our Operations business model, the decision was made to eliminate your position" (I was PT, working 3 week days and 1 week night, Tier I, in the North region).  It goes on to say it was a difficult decision and that they appreciated the contributions I made to M*M.  They also ...

Pt Does Not Want To Be At Office Visit. He Is Very S/l *monofelobic* In His Responses. Tx Nm
Jul 11, 2013

x ...

Meridian - Employee Package?
Mar 29, 2012

Just interviewed with Meridian, forgot to ask if they are IC or employee and do they pay for spaces, can anyone help?  Also, how long before I can expect the "employee package?"  Thanks. ...

Any Details On New Compensation Package?
Aug 15, 2012

I left MModal back in June with my supervisor telling me that she was expecting to see raises when the new compensation plan was revealed.  I was one of the many who took a significant pay cut in July 2011 and finally got out.  Just wondering if things are any better at MModal, as was promised. ...

Enhanced Compensation Package Definition
May 09, 2012

To attract and retain good employees.  They have to do something because they can't afford to lose more people. ...

Anyone Have Info On Milner Benefit Package
Feb 25, 2015

Health insurance cost, 401K, PTO, sick time, etc. TYVM ...

VR Favorite
Apr 22, 2010

i prefer VR over transcribing and would love to find a company in need of my services.  I have over 15+ years experience and I am one of the oddballs who does enjoy it.  Of course, as an IC I prefer to work my hours and days as long as I get their requirement met for TAT, which is no problem. ...

Favorite Computer?
Jul 20, 2010

I am going to be getting a new computer soon (yay!) and was just wondering what everyone's favorite computer is for doing transcription on. I am looking at a Toshiba, but I have heard they have bad speakers. Opinions please! ...

Favorite Keyboard, Anyone?
Feb 22, 2011

I'm looking at everything from old IBM clackers to Kinesis to Logitech to those funky as all get-out flat rubber keyboards a poster below mentioned. Input anyone as to why a certain keyboard is your fave? ...

What Is/was Your Favorite MT Software?
Feb 21, 2013

Hi all, I'd like to know your favorite MT software that you've worked with before.  What were the pros and cons of it?  We are looking to update our system from the old school mini-tapes that our MTs have to come in and get to something that'll allow them to stay at home and receive the dictations.  Any and all help is greatly appreciated. LW ...

A Not-so-sincere Thanks To My Favorite Dictator
Aug 18, 2010

Thank you, dear doctor, for deciding that your account has to be 100% accurate, that the 98% industry standard is "lazy" and "impossible."  I love that you decided there should be no numerals or ordinals in a medical report, that all numbers must be spelled out except the date.  I appreciate how your secretary will fax in 4 pages to complain about one isolated, non-critical error while also calling the OM repeatedly about the same error.  I enjoy that this leads to the OM calling ...

Favorite Kind Of Earphones?
Aug 01, 2011

Does anyone have a favorite kind of earphones? I need something to better filter out all my white noise/static. ...

What Is Your Favorite Example Of Corporate-speak
Sep 20, 2012

; ) ...

I Just Dropped My Favorite Headset In My
Sep 27, 2012

water glass :(  It was a really old Dictaphone headset with a three mile long cord.  I hope it works when it dries ...

Can We List Our Favorite Short-cuts On ASR
Feb 22, 2011

I have done the tutorials and been doing ASR for years and didn't know about the alt-K to break and capitalize.  Maybe this old dog could learn one or more new tricks.  Teach me everybody!!  What are the best hot keys that really work? ...

Your Favorite Waste Of Time Email?
Nov 12, 2012

As if we don't have enough BS to wade through and crap emails to read before trying to get a little money from them, I read an email that says "Here is a list of the previous MTIs that were renamed today."  Really?  Like that matters.  If I am going to spend my own time reading the emails that seem more like a trap on how they can keep from giving my my bonus, I would rather read a specific instruction....not that someone got paid to change the name of the instruction.  ...

Your Favorite Line Count Software.
Mar 01, 2014

I know this subject has been gone over before, but I need your opinion.  I have spent the last week evaluating the line counting/invoicing programs out there, which I might add are few and far between.  I really don't like any of them!  LOL!   Could some of you share with me your experiences?  I appreciate the input! ...

My Personal Favorite Is The One That Starts Sure Don't Mean To Scare You
Sep 24, 2014

No conscience, this LG, hired to slash, and slash she is good at! l shudder to recount all the I.D. numbers I've seen come and go from her matrices. If you were just switched to one of her accounts, beware, there is only one reason for that! She is on the AB (COM) team last I knew.  ...

Favorite Site To Find Unknown Abbreviation/acronyns?
Nov 07, 2013

I've work on an account that 80% of the doctors dictate many abbreviations/acronyms that I have never heard of (I've been transcribing for 16 years).  Some of them are very hard to find.  Googling gives sites for acronyms, but mostly that is not  helpful.  A lot of them are not found in the Stedman's Abbreviations book or that particular field book.  I spend an incredible amount of time trying to find these. Can you link me to your favorte site to fi ...

Re: TransTech ApplicationOn My TransTech Application Should I Fill In Favorite Work Types & Fav
Jan 11, 2011

On my Trans Tech application should I fill in favorite work types and favorite specialities or leave blank or put any? ...

Typing Without QA
Apr 06, 2010

You know, I think I am typing better and faster without the fear of QA hanging over me.  I never thought they were extremely helpful anyways.  Usually they couldn't fill in the blanks and just nit-picked the report like a pecking bird.  I have never had a report sent back from a client (knock on wood) because they were unhappy with anything.  I spent far more time trying to please QA than the hospitals and doctors (and have told my supervisor that more than once).  ...

Typing Into EMR
Mar 20, 2012

For those of you who are typing directly into EMR/EHRs, how are you accessing the voice files? Is it coming directly from the EMRs or do you have to grab them separately. I've been asked to type directly into an office's EMR and am curious how this is going to work. It sounds like some are charging per audio minute and others per hour. I'm trying to keep my job relevant and go with the flow. Thanks to all who post their situations. At least we can all pull together, learn and keep ...

Vic Pro Typing
Jun 19, 2012

Does anyone have the email address for this company? I can't find their post.  Thanks. ...

Typing?
Jan 08, 2013

Are there ANY companies that do straight typing anymore or is every VRE.  It truly sucks as I've lost 4 cents line to VRE and making more than 60% less than I did straight typing.  ...

Typing
May 15, 2013

Does anyone know of any transcription company that deals with strictly typing and not VRE? ...

Typing Bliss
Nov 06, 2009

This has to be a fluke, but for the 1st hour of my shift today... nothing but straight typing. I was so excited job after job, my fingers were flying, life was back to normal, ASR nonexistant for a brief moment in time! I typed 314 lines in my first hour of work.   WHY OH WHY, MEDQUIST, CAN'T YOU FIGURE OUT THAT I AM SO MUCH MORE PRODUCTIVE WITHOUT ASR?  If I make money, you make money!   It really is that simple. ...

Typing-Baking-Baking-Typing
Dec 22, 2009

I put drop cookies in the oven, set the timer for 12 minutes, then race to my computer and type.  The timer goes off, I race to the kitchen, take out the cookies, put in more and set the timer again and off I go to my computer to type.  I have come to this conclusion: Drop cookies 12 minutes = enough time for an FU visit, outpatient note or short procedure. Bar Cookies 30-35 minutes = enough time for a consult, H&P, discharge summary or new patient office note. Now, this has got ...