A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

a not-so-sincere thanks to my favorite dictator - disgruntled

Posted: Aug 18, 2010

Thank you, dear doctor, for deciding that your account has to be 100% accurate, that the 98% industry standard is "lazy" and "impossible."  I love that you decided there should be no numerals or ordinals in a medical report, that all numbers must be spelled out except the date.  I appreciate how your secretary will fax in 4 pages to complain about one isolated, non-critical error while also calling the OM repeatedly about the same error.  I enjoy that this leads to the OM calling me, keeping me on the phone for 10+ minutes to tell me I'm "stupid," that you're a "learned MD who doesn't make mistakes and doesn't have time for people like me," and "MT isn't rocket science, you know." 

Speaking of learned MDs who don't make mistakes, I would also like to thank you for eating, yawning, burping, hiccuping, playing loud music, and waggling your x-ray films while dictating, and, yes, even urinating while the tape is running.  I appreciate that you suddenly say random words with faux French pronunciations, that you slur and stumble, that you will say completely the wrong thing.  Yesterday's "The patient has bilateral knee discussions, right greater than wrong" was an absolute joy.

I also loved typing that STAT personal letter to a hotel for you, the one where you complained because you could see the vacuum lines in the carpet and they weren't all exactly parallel to the walls.

All this, and for 6 cents a line.  Who could ask for more?

THANKS FAVORITE DICTATOR - PAT46

[ In Reply To ..]
That doctor sounds like a perfectionist. I've never heard of no numbers or ordinals in the report. He sounds like a typical overblown male egotist as well as a perfectionist. I'd tell the company you don't want to do his dictation anymore. That is degrading to the profession we are in when he said transcription isn't rocket science. They don't understand how much training and continued learning that we do. Hope he improves. His boss needs to talk to him. I would probably forward a copy of you E-mail to his boss because he may not know that he is treating the transcriptionists like that or is he the big boss, heaven forbid. Hang in there.

Dude sounds "uncorked." - Hayseed

[ In Reply To ..]
I actually worked with a east-european surgeon who was a dinkus like what you are describing...would even smack his one nurse on the buttocks to assert is dominance (yes, very creepy, especially considering it was the 1990s!), and he was a confirmed wife beater.

If your guy is this rude to a person he has never met or seen face to face, you can almost bet he's smackin' people around maybe at home too. He'll get his someday...we can hope anyway.

:(

actually, it was the OM who said that - sm - disgruntled

[ In Reply To ..]
The OM made the "rocket science" comment, which was rude and unprofessional. She has made it clear she thinks MTs are stupid and worthless. The doctor, on the other hand, just thinks he's better than everyone else in the world.

The loud music today was almost the last straw, I really wanted to quit, but I have 2 jobs and make maybe $650/month so I have to put up with this.

You should be getting no less than 12-14 cpl for - transcribing for that idiot. - Rocky R.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Oh my, he sounds like a real joy - blondie

[ In Reply To ..]
If he wants 100% accuracy, he needs to do it himself. He thinks he doesn't make mistakes, whatever... Not to mention listening to someone eat is annoying. If they are gonna yawn they could at least stop dictating until they are done with the yawn. Burping is gross. How would he like for someone to come in his office for a visit and burp? Playing loud music is just inconsiderate. I think a lot of doctors, however, do not realize when they waggle the x-ray films that we can't hear them talking hardly. I have had a doc urinate while dictating and I was like Oh my gosh. Wait till you finish dictating and go do your business. And a stat personal letter to a hotel to COMPLAIN ABOUT THE VACUUM CARPET LINES NOT ALL BEING EXACTLY PARALLEL?! Oh geez, WHAT...EVER...
I would def be looking elsewhere. What a butt.

Similar Messages:

I Believe Mr. Davenport Is Sincere, But
Jan 25, 2012

He doesn't realize that we just can't believe anything we are told anymore. ...

VR Favorite
Apr 22, 2010

i prefer VR over transcribing and would love to find a company in need of my services.  I have over 15+ years experience and I am one of the oddballs who does enjoy it.  Of course, as an IC I prefer to work my hours and days as long as I get their requirement met for TAT, which is no problem. ...

Favorite Computer?
Jul 20, 2010

I am going to be getting a new computer soon (yay!) and was just wondering what everyone's favorite computer is for doing transcription on. I am looking at a Toshiba, but I have heard they have bad speakers. Opinions please! ...

Favorite Keyboard, Anyone?
Feb 22, 2011

I'm looking at everything from old IBM clackers to Kinesis to Logitech to those funky as all get-out flat rubber keyboards a poster below mentioned. Input anyone as to why a certain keyboard is your fave? ...

What Is/was Your Favorite MT Software?
Feb 21, 2013

Hi all, I'd like to know your favorite MT software that you've worked with before.  What were the pros and cons of it?  We are looking to update our system from the old school mini-tapes that our MTs have to come in and get to something that'll allow them to stay at home and receive the dictations.  Any and all help is greatly appreciated. LW ...

Favorite Kind Of Earphones?
Aug 01, 2011

Does anyone have a favorite kind of earphones? I need something to better filter out all my white noise/static. ...

What Is Your Favorite Example Of Corporate-speak
Sep 20, 2012

; ) ...

I Just Dropped My Favorite Headset In My
Sep 27, 2012

water glass :(  It was a really old Dictaphone headset with a three mile long cord.  I hope it works when it dries ...

What Is Your Favorite Typing Package? The More Responses The Better.
Nov 09, 2009

We are trying to pick a new typing package to interface to Meditech.  Right now we are using Dictaphone EXText.  What is your favorite to type in?? ...

Can We List Our Favorite Short-cuts On ASR
Feb 22, 2011

I have done the tutorials and been doing ASR for years and didn't know about the alt-K to break and capitalize.  Maybe this old dog could learn one or more new tricks.  Teach me everybody!!  What are the best hot keys that really work? ...

Your Favorite Waste Of Time Email?
Nov 12, 2012

As if we don't have enough BS to wade through and crap emails to read before trying to get a little money from them, I read an email that says "Here is a list of the previous MTIs that were renamed today."  Really?  Like that matters.  If I am going to spend my own time reading the emails that seem more like a trap on how they can keep from giving my my bonus, I would rather read a specific instruction....not that someone got paid to change the name of the instruction.  ...

Your Favorite Line Count Software.
Mar 01, 2014

I know this subject has been gone over before, but I need your opinion.  I have spent the last week evaluating the line counting/invoicing programs out there, which I might add are few and far between.  I really don't like any of them!  LOL!   Could some of you share with me your experiences?  I appreciate the input! ...

My Personal Favorite Is The One That Starts Sure Don't Mean To Scare You
Sep 24, 2014

No conscience, this LG, hired to slash, and slash she is good at! l shudder to recount all the I.D. numbers I've seen come and go from her matrices. If you were just switched to one of her accounts, beware, there is only one reason for that! She is on the AB (COM) team last I knew.  ...

Favorite Site To Find Unknown Abbreviation/acronyns?
Nov 07, 2013

I've work on an account that 80% of the doctors dictate many abbreviations/acronyms that I have never heard of (I've been transcribing for 16 years).  Some of them are very hard to find.  Googling gives sites for acronyms, but mostly that is not  helpful.  A lot of them are not found in the Stedman's Abbreviations book or that particular field book.  I spend an incredible amount of time trying to find these. Can you link me to your favorte site to fi ...

Re: TransTech ApplicationOn My TransTech Application Should I Fill In Favorite Work Types & Fav
Jan 11, 2011

On my Trans Tech application should I fill in favorite work types and favorite specialities or leave blank or put any? ...

Get Away From Dictator
Dec 28, 2009

Does anybody know how long a report stays in our specific work pool?  I've done a break on a report hoping to get rid of it.  But it keeps showing back up.  I'm trying to make up some sick time, but I just can't understand this garble and have already spent way too much time trying to decipher it.  I've been checking on and off for the last 30 minutes and it keeps showing back up.  Help!!!! ...

Ever Had A Dictator So Bad.......
Apr 25, 2011

you wanted to quit mid shift?????  Sigh.  I had one of those yesterday.  Everytime I see his name come up in my cue I cringe!!!!  He is horrible.  Horrible accent.  I did notice though after doing about 3 or 4 of his reports, my ears becames "trained" on him and I get better with him as time went by.  But still, he is one that just makes my momentum (sp) drop drastically!  Just venting!!!  Thanks for letting me share. ...

Please Somebody Tell This Dictator
Apr 04, 2012

that he does NOT have to say "next sentence" before every sentence.  I'm looking at 16+ minutes of this.....I'm just sayin! ...

Help!!!! Dictator Wants You To Cancel
Dec 03, 2009

What do you do if you are typing on a document for 780 seconds and the dictator at the very end tells you to cancel this and erase everything because she already dictated it?  In all my years I was lucky enough not to get this until now.  I was thinking about sending it in anyway because I just spent all this time on it!!!! ...

This ASR Dictator Is Killing Me!
Dec 06, 2009

This doctor says "ah" inbetween just about every other word.  So I'm spending all my time in the ASR taking out a bunch of "a's"!!! Wouldn't normally ah vent, but I've ah had her a lot ah today! ...

I Clearly Hear The Dictator Say
Jan 26, 2010

Coumadin 30 mg per day. Now, I want to make sure I'm not dreaming here, but that is completely incorrect, right? Maybe I'm having a brain lapse (been an MT for 20 years) but I want to make sure my thinking is correct that this dosage would probably be lethal? I'm going to leave a blank for the dosage, but I just wanted to double check with my MT friends.  I have listened to it many times, and she is positively saying "30 mg per day."   TIA!! ...

Help With Labs/ESL Dictator
Mar 01, 2010

This is what it sounds like. "His WBC 11.48, and his 12.4 and 37.0 PT/PTT were normal." It seems like "PT/PTT were normal." Should be a sentence on its own, but then I'm not sure what the 12.4 and 37.0 lab values would be for. Grr... Any help would be greatly appreciated! ...

Dictator Speed
Mar 15, 2010

I am just curious as to what speed setting to most of you keep it on when doing ASR?  I try to keep mine between 8 and 9 unless it's an extremely slow dictator.  I would like to increase my line count, but I'm afraid if I  speed it up too much I might miss something. ...

I Can't Understand What The Dictator Is Saying
Apr 20, 2010

What do you do when you absolutely cannot understand what the dictator is saying and you work at home on your own.  Can you call the dictator?  Can you request to review the other medical records because chances are, the dictator is saying the same thing that appear on those records? ...

Jerk Dictator
Jun 14, 2010

ESL dictator with very thick accent states:  ...for antibiotic management.  NOT with antibiotic management.  Please learn to transcribe correctly.  Although it wasn't me who made the mistake, it was all I could do to not put in the QA note:  A female is SHE and male is HE and it is vomit not WOMIT, please learn to dictate correctly.  I so wish it was okay to put QA notes to the dictators. ...

Yawning Dictator
Jun 17, 2010

This ANP who is dictating can't make up her mind what she wants to say and constantly corrects herself and then keeps yawning, but doesn't stop the recording or even stop speaking while she's yawning.  It's annoying me PLUS it's making me sleepy now myself. More coffee, please!!!! ...

Dictator Spelled F U B L A R.
Jun 24, 2010

Hemostasis was maintained with a bipolar and fublar.  Dictator spelled FUBLAR, but pronounced as FIBiLAR, or more accurately, FIB-YOU-LAIR.   ...

Dictator Pet Peeve
Oct 12, 2010

I know this is petty, but for some reason, it grates on my nerves to hear:  blah, blah Period space space.   Or Colon space space enter.  I mean, please, are we considered that incompentent?  but on the other end of the spectrum we have those that don't say any punctuation, which is absolutely fine, but a pause would be nice.  It's not necessary to dictate a whole report in one breath. ...

Ever Wish You Could Call An ESL Dictator
Oct 30, 2010

on the phone to correct their grammer? I have this one who always says "chynosis" for cyanosis and "catheterism" for catheterization.  It was funny at first, but now very irritating!  Thanks for the vent. ...

Dictator Leaves Off Mg
Jan 23, 2011

What is the rule on filling in mg or mcg, etc., if the dictator just says "Lasix 20."  (if the account is not verbatim, should this always be filled in by the transcriptionist?) Thanks! ...