A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

My lay-off package from M*M came - Liz

Posted: Apr 11, 2013

Thought I would share info about the lay-off packageI finally got that was promised me when I got the call last week. The first page was a letter explaining that "after the company's review and restructure of our Operations business model, the decision was made to eliminate your position" (I was PT, working 3 week days and 1 week night, Tier I, in the North region).  It goes on to say it was a difficult decision and that they appreciated the contributions I made to M*M.  They also included names and phone numbers of 2 HR people I could call with any additional questions or concerns (I only have one, why ME?). Again, thanked me for my contributions to M*M and wished me luck in my future endeavors (mind you, I worked there over 7 yrs with only 1 sick day and had an accuracy rating of 99.50% and averaged well over 200 lph with a requirement of 120).  I was not fired or let go due to poor performance or not following company policy or other things indicated on this board in other posts, although there have been some firings recently due to those issues I imagine.  I feel my job is gone simply because of the BOB I was a part of and the fact that I was a Tier I and at the top of the pay scale.  I had been asked several times to Tier up and simply kept putting it off as the test intimidated me.  Lesson learned; if your TSM encourages you to do something, take note and do it as she usually knows more about what is going on then you do.  Anyway, the kicker to the package was they included a packet called "coping with job loss" and another package called "Job Search Guide" with instructions on interviewing, resumes, and cover letters.  Thanks M*M for your assistance; much appreaciated.  I had been pretty happy with my job except for the lack of work and being tied to the computer day in and day out these past few months waiting for work to come in.  I was never short any hours though at the end of the pay period as managed to get it all made up.  I loved my TSM and QC.  I must say, I really feel that those of you who are so upset about how they treat you should consider moving on so their is room for those who really want their job with M*M.  I would still be there if there was room for me....I do not mean to come across crass or rude but even though I am a bit bitter about getting forced out, I wish I still had my job.  It does not sit well with me when I read about all the unhappy, negative, distrusting people, who "say" or "imply" they would rather be doing something else, but stay and take up space in this company when there are people who want to be here and continue to stay positive and give 110%.  Just saying.... Good luck to all, signing off..........

It does not matter whether you like MM or not. - They do not care.

[ In Reply To ..]
I did not get a package. I got terminated. I too worked 30+ hours every week. Took no days off. Had worked my hours every week, making up whenever need be due to NJA. Been here too also 7 years. Had no problems until getting transferred just in the three weeks before. Too, my accuracy rate was at 99%. I was a Tier II and was asked to test for Tier III in the first two days of being transferred. I did not respond. Right after that started getting complaints of my line count. I responded to TSM correcting the TSM, that I was getting my needed line count and I was over the requirement of 120 lph. I was then apologized to. I then got another complaint on a QA note being left. I then found the place that proved we were supposed to be adding this note. I again, got an apology. BUT, by this time I now know that I am being targeted. They are looking for something. Now I am slowing down, trying to make sure I am leaving no mistakes. The next day then I was getting complaints of punctuation, (âisâ to âwasâ and such) from the QAC. In my trying to correct those complaints I did slow down to listen more carefully as to QAC complaints. When re-listening to the audited reports, I did catch that the QAC was putting in different words that were not said, and brought it up to the TSM. This point was immediately covered up. That issue went on, and back and forth for nearly 2 weeks. I have been in this profession for nearly 30 years. When I started the reports were proofed by the dictating doctors. Of course, it has changed many times over the years and I have adjusted with the changes. Now I feel like I have been sabotaged and I too needed this job for the minimum wage it was, I stayed here because I needed this job. I am from the first batch to lose their job, the terminated jobs. No packages given.

I got the same pkg Liz--so glad they care..NOT - Lee

[ In Reply To ..]

did you get a severance check - like some said?

[ In Reply To ..]
I hope you did.

Layoff Package - sarmt

[ In Reply To ..]
Hey Liz! Thanks for sharing layoff package info. I received the same package and everything you said is true--word for word. I worked for this company for 15 yrs starting with Transcriptions, Ltd. I also was a Tier 1 but could do and was given just about all work types except op notes, did not want to test up. Became very disillusioned after the pay cut in 2009, had bills I could not pay. After layoff last week, I filed unemployment and stayed on the phone almost two hours (including wait time) but glad I did because unemployment date is effective as of Sunday, April 7th. Layoff date was Thursday April 4th. So,the sooner you laid-off folk file for unemployment, the better.
however, rules may vary by state. I also went to one of the local community colleges and they are aware of the TAA petition # for MModal, as is the Texas Workforce Commission (unemployment office). I am blessed because I am a retired Federal employee and get Civil Service retirement benefits(30 yrs civil service), as well as Social Security benefits from years of working other jobs after I got off work from Civil Service job, so I do have other income. But, as a single mom raising 5 children, one does what one must, so had to work two jobs. Thankfully, they are all grown now, educated and looking out for me. So, I am going to move on. I have an associates degree and those credits are still good, except for the science courses (A&P, microbiology) which have a shelf life. Have not decided what I'll study yet, but advisors at the college are very helpful. Might look at something to do with medical records, just not sure yet. I am 70 but still have a lot of living to do.

lay off package - benevolent

[ In Reply To ..]
Call a spade a spade. Crass and rude? How about egocentric or narcisisstic. People everywhere are getting laid off in droves. People everywhere are eating peanut butter and ramen noodles. Single women with kids are getting their safety net yanked out from under them. But if the chair-warmers would just "move on" everything would be hunky dory for the superior workers like you. Any sympathy I may have had for your situation just evaporated. But, hey, at least you were honest about your opinion of your inferiors, despite your disclaimer.

Touche! n/m - LDWM10

[ In Reply To ..]
x

When someone admires this company they - will find blame with their fellow MTs. (sm)

[ In Reply To ..]
I highly doubt it has much to do with people taking up space. Furthermore, part-timers are so easily replaced. Instead of caring so much about the fact that you should have tiered up, you should have cared more about the fact that you're not full-time. So, in essence, you're not committed like a full-timer would be.

There are lots of analogies.

Sorry SM but I don't believe that one bit - jjeg

[ In Reply To ..]
I was a full timer for 17 years and last year, went part time. It isn't because I am "not committed" and that I am "easily replaced." That is insulting to me and all the other part timers. How dare you say that.

So in essence - MIA

[ In Reply To ..]
you feel that a full-time MT who worked for 15 years was more committed than a part-time MT who worked for 30 years? I could not disagree more, although I see the point you are trying to make because I had to deal with that kind of thinking my entire career. And Liz for you to suggest that disgruntled coworkers should consider moving on to make room for you was just plain rude IMO.

they obviously just didnt want you - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Obvsioulsy the disgruntled MTs are wanted and needed, hence they are still here. If you were such an asset, you would still be here. What did your "Positivity" do for you? Hmmm, got you canned. That is what it did. Maybe if you would have been a little more pissed off like the rest of us, you would have worked harder, faster cause your blood is boiling and mad fingers are fast fingers.

Guess you should have taken control of your own situation. Stop blaming everyone else. You chose the easy work because it was easy. I chose the worst of the worst dictators years ago because that makes me needed!

My prior comments - Liz

[ In Reply To ..]
Benevolent and LDWM10: Don't think for a minute that I do not realize there are people losing their jobs everywhere. I am very sympathetic to any single mom who loses their safety net. For that matter, I feel for anyone who lost a job, anyone who wants to work and cannot get hired, for anyone who cannot earn enough to keep their heads above water. After all, most of us work because we NEED to. I know many people who have lost their homes and are upside down in their mortgages due to poor salaries or loss of a jobs, some who live in their cars as have no roofs over their head. It stinks for sure. No one is ever immune to being without a paycheck. I do not think that I implied anyone in this company was inferior to me. I was simply stating that I performed at the level they required of me and then some and that was the reason I was asking," why me" and why others who have posted on this board that they performed in a manner that was expected of them and were let go anyway; would you not agree that it is hard to swallow when you perform the way they want you to? I truly feel I was simply no longer needed in the BOB I was in, and they had no place else to move me where they could give me level I work. I have always taken pride in my work. This did not make me the smartest or the fastest or the most needed but I did the best I could. We all have bad days and we all complain. What I guess I "too bluntly" voiced was that some people on this forum never have anything positive to say and spit out venom regarding their jobs. I simply feel that if I was that miserable, then I would try to find another company to work for that made me feel better about myself and my place within the company. I hate that so many sound so miserable and have no respect for the people they work with and for and do not trust the company they work for either. I simply could not do that and, thus, I stated that it is hard for "me" to understand why they stay when others who might be happy with their work environment and do not constantly complain, are now without a job (me included). But on the other hand, I am sure you feel that it is not very easy to just hang up your hat and go elsewhere and, thus, you feel stuck. You have every right to call me names, but I never said I was superior to you or anyone else in this company. I do feel bad that I might have implied something other than what I meant. I did not take the test to tier up because of my lack of confidence in myself, so how could I possibly consider myself superior to anyone else who does much more difficult work then I could ever do. I believe I implied that I should have at least tried and that others should take opportunities if they are there for them. You do not know what you can do or not do unless you try. I do wonder if becoming a Tier II might have saved my job within my BOB. We cannot complain if we do not try, and I blame myself and only myself for that. I have been pretty fortunate in my life where my career has been concerned. I try to keep a positive attitude and am now thinking that "when one door closes, another opens". Without faith and hope, what is there? If I had any beef about my job, I turned to my supervisor or their supervisor to get the answers or help that I needed. I just do not understand the very ugly/brutal remarks a lot of people make on this forum. I think negativity brings everyone down. SM: I have never worked full time. When my kids were young, I chose to be home when they were home and so only worked their school hours. This was important to me. I did not have a lot of material things because I worked part time (been in the same house for 35 yrs and drove cars that were 20 years old), but that was my choice. My family and their love has kept be afloat. With M*M, I never wanted full time because I had benefits from the job I previously retired from and thus elected PT work. I also had a 2nd job with a local doctor who I did transcription for, so do not think I was loafing the rest of the time. That job went away when he started using EMR last fall. One thing about this job was the flexibility to chose your hours and schedule and so I did. Full timers were let go as well, so I do not think that would have saved my job. Looking back over my comments I was maybe too harsh and for that I do apologize. I did state that I was a bit bitter and, thus, I guess I got a bit carried away with my comments. No one knows what another goes through in their lives until they walk in their shoes. I really do wish the best for all of you, those who still have their jobs as well as those who lost theirs. I hope things improve within the company so that people can feel better about what they do day in and day out, though I do not see it happening. It is not like it was 20 years ago when a company looked out for their employees. We are simply a number and they will hire us when they want to, fire us and let us go when they are simply done with us, and can be without reason. It is a sad state for sure, and I am ready for permanent retirement so I do not have to work in the corporate world anymore. Do not think I have not paid my dues. I have worked 40 years of my life and ready to be in a position to answer to no one but myself. It has been a rough week for me, but I know for sure that there are hundreds of thousands out there suffering a lot more than me and many of you. God Bless.

I read your post tonight and I wish you the - sad MT too

[ In Reply To ..]
best life has to offer. I am sorry you lost your job. You sound like a very compassionate person.

Good-luck and take care.

Similar Messages:

Meridian - Employee Package?
Mar 29, 2012

Just interviewed with Meridian, forgot to ask if they are IC or employee and do they pay for spaces, can anyone help?  Also, how long before I can expect the "employee package?"  Thanks. ...

Any Details On New Compensation Package?
Aug 15, 2012

I left MModal back in June with my supervisor telling me that she was expecting to see raises when the new compensation plan was revealed.  I was one of the many who took a significant pay cut in July 2011 and finally got out.  Just wondering if things are any better at MModal, as was promised. ...

What Is Your Favorite Typing Package? The More Responses The Better.
Nov 09, 2009

We are trying to pick a new typing package to interface to Meditech.  Right now we are using Dictaphone EXText.  What is your favorite to type in?? ...

Enhanced Compensation Package Definition
May 09, 2012

To attract and retain good employees.  They have to do something because they can't afford to lose more people. ...

Anyone Have Info On Milner Benefit Package
Feb 25, 2015

Health insurance cost, 401K, PTO, sick time, etc. TYVM ...