A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What Trans Companies should I avoid/See message - Rusty

Posted: Sep 26, 2014

Okay, so done with Mmodal.  I am seriously looking for a new job.  What companies do I avoid?  Are there any companies worth looking at out there?  I could use some guidance with this since my past experience has been with mostly small local companies, that is until MM bought them out.  Oh, I wish for the good old days.  Thanks for all your help :)

Though I am a bit embarrassed to say this, I have worked for more - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
companies than I care to admit and I have yet to run across one worth looking into (been working for MTSOs for 20 years and I would say I have worked for 50 companies at least). All I can say is what might fit you may not have fit me.

Sorry, all of them - Because...

[ In Reply To ..]
...you have your sign. The small place got bought up by the big place. That's what has been happening for years now.

If you are wanting to chase transcription companies, that is your choice. But meanwhile, I would seriously set your sights on getting out of the biz like many of us have.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Get out of Transcription/see message - Rusty

[ In Reply To ..]
Get out? I'm in my late 50s and this is all I have ever done. I did some menial crap before going to school as an MT, but nothing I could do now. No heavy lifting, standing on my feet in one place. I just want a steady workflow, not NJA all day, everyday. Wow, this is depressing.

Rusty -- set aside some time to do some "Googling." - ETOHPRN

[ In Reply To ..]
I love saying that word..."Googling." Sounds so naughty ;-D

Anyway, seriously. Set aside some time to sit down at your computer and search for "transcription company" and plug in your state first. Then, do those same 2 words and another state. And then another state. And so on.

This will pull up any little guys who don't get much, if any, air time on this chat site. The little guys are where it's at and you may be pleasantly surprised! Good luck!
:)
THANKS - Rusty
[ In Reply To ..]
Awesome idea. Thanks, hadn't thought of that. Worth a shot, right? Thanks again

Possibilities - km

[ In Reply To ..]
My neighbor recently asked me about work-at-home jobs (she is disabled), and I was able to find the following for her:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/laurashin/2014/01/17/work-from-home-the-top-100-companies-offering-flexible-jobs-in-2014/
Thanks - Rusty
[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks, I will

To Rusty - see msg

[ In Reply To ..]
I am the person who said "all of them, because..." I am 59 years old. I got out when I was 57. I understand what you are saying--it's not easy, because that's all that's on our resume.

I totally understand about being our age and not able anymore to do heavy lifting or continued strenuous activity or standing for long periods.

If you are choosing to stay in the biz, please go in with your eyes open that if you find a "nice" place to work in MT, that it isn't going to be "nice" for long.

Yes, it is depressing. I got out by telling everyone I knew that I was looking for work, and an office job scheduling patients in a small doctor's office came my way. Also, when doing a resume, highlight your computer experience in how you word your experience, and be sure to put in the cover letter or Objective section of your resume that you are looking for... whatever it is, clerical work...

I am not discouraging you from staying in the business, just go in with your eyes open so you aren't disappointed when the next "nice" MT company goes belly up or sells out.

Get out of Transcription/see message-Rusty - Bluebird

[ In Reply To ..]
I am in my late 50s too and I am getting OUT, have been doing this since I was 18. I finally value myself and my job skills and REFUSE to be part of the global feminization of poverty for myself, my daughters and granddaughters. 20 years ago I made $50,000 PART-TIME, full benefits, at the hospital I worked for. I am seeking to work via my own accounts with local doctors where I, I, I, I, I, me, me, me, me, will decide what wage I will take and what wage I will not. My TIME is MONEY. No more OT for free, down time for free, no wage increases, nothing to look forward to, barely survivable wages.

I would avoid ALL of them. MTSOs have ruined - the profession and offshored it.

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Companies Who Avoid Answering Questions
Aug 13, 2012

Do you ever find it annoying when you are getting enough work each day in the pool and all of a sudden some of the doctors or accounts "disappear", and when you ask your boss about it, they do not respond to your question?  It is not that I am inconsistent with my coverage on the accounts or doing poor-quality work, I am off of QA and do not get any negative feedback, or any feedback for that matter, from the client. ...

Which MD-IT Region Is The One To Avoid?
Jun 21, 2010

Have an interview today and read here that success there is region-impacted. Please share if you know the region to avoid!! ...

Avoid Scriberight
Jan 23, 2012

Mass hire and then run out of work and by that, I mean completely out, not just slow work. What a joke!!! ...

Avoid DicTran At All Costs
Nov 03, 2009

DicTran had few reviews online so when we looked into purchasing their platform we could only rely on the deceptive sales presentation from their owner Bill. The company claimed to be able to satisfy all our needs but after we paid them communication became a major issue. Our MT's hate the platform since it forces them to use their custom software which has numerous errors. When we try to contact them for support they just might as well not exist. The worst part of the experience is we pay ...

Avoid Sciance - It's A Scam
Apr 05, 2010

Sciance Transcription is a company sending most work to India, doesn't pay. I mean, I worked and I am not getting a paycheck.  I have had to file a complaint with Labor Commission.  They are not honest and do not communicate.  When asked if we get paid the 0.095 per line for the # we see...or...are they still deducting spaces from that number? They won't answer you.  They pay for black characters only,  so you could think you are getting paid for a 1000 li ...

On-Time Is The Worst. Avoid.
Apr 27, 2012

Been with this company for 11, almost 12, years and now we have new QA who have NO clue what they're doing.  No report is sent through without their checking it and messing it up first.  And no two QA make the same changes.  It's so frustrating to love a job and then dread working due to the unprofessional editing.  No wonder they're losing accounts left and right.  We're normally without work and I think my loyalty showed I was going to be there, at ...

Avoid Transcription Stars!
Jun 13, 2012

I made the mistake of doing some work for Transcription Stars (based out of India) in March. I still have not been paid, and they are trying to bilk me of my money. They do not pay competitive rates, and are rather unreasonable in their TaTs. ...

Avoid Softscript Like The Plague
Jul 31, 2012

I'd avoid Softscript like the plague.  They are about the worst company I've ever had the misfortune of working for.  They turn over staff constantly, the backstabbing and nasty emails from "management" never ceases, and finally, they set you up for failure.  Always out of work, PTO is terrible.  I could go on and on, but will not.  I worked for them for 2 long and tortuous years, and I would not recommend them to anyone. ...

How To Avoid Distraction/keep Focused??
Sep 21, 2012

I've had a really hard time lately with this...  Lots going on at home so my mind just wanders.  My paychecks are awful now as a result...   What do you do to keep yourself from getting distracted (bills, email, Facebook, staring at a wall LOL, etc)??  I really need something to get me motivated and back on track again. :(   TIA! ...

Want To Avoid Listening, So Can I Ask These Questions?
Dec 11, 2012

I can see from all these posts that they have made it as difficult as possible to understand this new pay plan.  Can anybody tell me when it goes into effect and when we individually will know what our personal rates will be? TYIA. ...

Change Of Hours To Avoid NJA
Feb 19, 2013

I tried to get my hours switched just by a half hour earlier this week.  I normally work 6 am to 11 am central time and i tried to get her to change it to 5:30 am to 10:30 am.  Instead she emails me and wants me to change my hours to 12-5 pm because supposedly 90% of her workers work the night shift.    If so many MTs are working the night shift, then why am I constantly running out of work during the day hours?    She asks me to help out today by working an ext ...

Dear Nuance, Here Is How To Avoid MUP
Jul 19, 2013

1.  Stop sending our work overseas. 2.  Stop hiring new MTs (yes, we see the multiple ads) It's very simple. Provide us with work during our regular scheduled hours and you pay zero MUP.  Problem solved. ...

Saince Transcription-AVOID
Mar 15, 2015

I recently worked for Saince for a few months, and was recently laid off.  I feel like I have been not told the truth from the beginning about this company.  They said they were NOT a company owned from India, but yes they are.  They said they wanted full-time employees, but when I was laid off they said that all of their employees are considered "part-time."  I was also told I was caught in a numbers crunch and I was caught in the middle.  They also told me they wanted ...

AVOID SAINCE TRANSCRIPTION AT ALL COST!!!!
Apr 02, 2010

Avoid Saince.  They are intrusive, constantly calling and they don't pay.  They hijacked my PC for 33-1/2 hours and their paperwork said they pay $10 an hour and then today I was told they only pay a flat rate $100.  HELLO!! THEY OWE ME $335 BEFORE TAXES THANK YOU!  They pay by black character only which means you don't get paid for spaces so you type 22 reports a day and average about 600 lines.  Nice!  When asked if you get paid according to the line co ...

Relation Between Offer For Tier III's To Advance To MME - Avoid Being Laid Off???
Apr 06, 2013

Remember the email we got from Corporate waiving the 90-day wait period to apply for advancement of Tier III's to MME and allowing til April 30 to do it?  With all the lay offs going on, anyone think a bigger axe will fall once May 1 rolls around and the Tier III's that did not do this will be let go?  From the way things look with all the lay offs, maybe this is one way to hang onto our jobs.  Thoughts anyone? ...

E-TRANS PLUS
Jun 06, 2011

I have just spoke with a recruiter from E-TRANS PLUS who made the job sound rather promising.  I've been reading old posts on MT Stars but would like to hear from somebody currently working with this company.  Thanks in advance! ...

MJ Trans
Jun 02, 2012

Anyone have any info on MJ trans co? ...

Med Trans Inc Anything?
Apr 14, 2013

Does anyone know anything about Med Trans Inc? ...

Med Trans
May 06, 2015

has anyone ever applied to MedTrans or work for them? I am beginning to think they scam people and want them to just join their career program.   ...

Any Info On Med Trans Out Of Az...there Are...sm
Nov 08, 2009

Any info on Med Trans out of AZ.  There seems to be several companies with this name or very similar.  Any info would be great! Med Trans, Inc.4025 E Chandler BoulevardSuite 70-A27Phoenix, Arizona 85048 ...

R All Trans Co., Low On Work Right Now
Mar 23, 2010

i work for two companies, one has plenty of work and the other one seems to only have it late at night....which sux cause I am scheduled to work days....just getting aggravating..and wondering if anyone else is going thru this ...

Trans Tech Pay
Aug 23, 2010

Does anyone know about what Trans Tech pays per line for second shift very experienced acute care employees?  Really need to know.  Thanks ...

Anyone Know Anything About GI Systems Trans Co
Jul 27, 2011

Does anyone work/know of this company?  A past coworker is working there and loves it!  She had very little experience at the company where we both worked, and now she tells me she is doing my dream job after only months, she is a part-time QA/part-time MT.  I read they just got a 5 year VA contract for their dict work.  Please, can anyone help.  THANKS@! ...

Anyone Know EMTS Trans?
May 04, 2012

I don't think this is the same company as eMTS.  EMTS Trans is based out of Miami, Florida and they are looking for someone to type rehab reports from written notes.  Has anyone had any experience with them or know anything about them?  I can't seem to find a website on them.  ...

Nuance Met Trans
Nov 19, 2012

QA/QC at Nuance is a joke.  A comma not inserted-points-, a dumb word that even a doctor could care less about-points-, really?  What happened to caring about the quality of the medical field terminology and so on.  I am the MT and I am the proffesional person that is qualified to make the physician sound better than he speaks.  I do NOT need a QA or QT telilng me how to do my job.  And as far as Fiesa goes?  I am not checking it again either.  I have spent all ...

Med Trans Inc Any Info?
Sep 04, 2013

Looking for any info on Med Trans Inc ...

Med Trans Inc. - Another Hoax
Feb 08, 2014

There is a new ad today for "transcribers" on indeed.com they say pays $13-15. per hour, but I think they are just an MT school (scam).  This is from their FAQs:Q. Is the demand for transcriptionists good? A. Demand for this profession far exceeds the supply of quality trained US transcriptionists nationwide! The US Department of Labor has listed this profession as one that is needed and pays ...

Breitner Trans
Apr 21, 2015

Anybody work for Breitner?  What's the real scoop, and cpl, etc. ...

Does Anyone Have Info On Or Experience With Med Trans Inc?
Oct 14, 2009

Here is the link: http://www.medtransinc.com/employment.asp ...

ANP Trans. There Was A Recent Post About This Co
Oct 23, 2009

I may be blind here and not seeing it, but I am unable to find this post.  Could someone refresh my memory or let me know opinions about this company.  thanks in advance. ...