A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

want to avoid listening, so can I ask these questions? - too complicated for me

Posted: Dec 11, 2012

I can see from all these posts that they have made it as difficult as possible to understand this new pay plan.  Can anybody tell me when it goes into effect and when we individually will know what our personal rates will be? TYIA.

I thought it was mandatory to listen. I was going to set it to play - when I leave my office tonite. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Listen to the Recording - Rainy

[ In Reply To ..]
If you didn't make the meeting, click on the link that should have been e-mailed to you so you can hear the recording. You will then see where you fall in compensation rate. It's really not complicated at all. Not much different than the last compensation plan except for the new bonus and the acute care MLSs getting a cut on straight transcription. The new plan starts Dec 22. There are a few other changes, but It's not as bad as I thought it would be. Yeah, I'm sick of the pay cuts, too. But where are we going to go? I am holding tight until I get a job at a local hospital getting paid by the hour.

I have been through enuf rigmarole w/them to last me a lifetime. - Not going to listen. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Just to clarify, only the Editor B's are getting a cut on straight. - mraker

[ In Reply To ..]
Editor B are the MLSs who aren't on eScription or NetCare, which is Editor A. So, Editor B = Dictaphone, Beyond Txt, etc. Editor B only got a straight rate cut, NOT on the editing rate.

It really is worth listening to. Unless someone would like to pay me to produce a Cliff Notes version, ha (which I've very nearly already done for certain parts of it).
Well, if you "watch" the meeting, you will understand. sm - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I hope the visual is available to everyone and not just the audio. You really need to see the charts to absorb all of the changes as they may apply to you as an individual. We have multiple companies that have been brought in under one roof. It's a mess for sure.

I'm a "B" and my rate was cut on transcription.
Touché. How about "experience" the meeting? - mraker
[ In Reply To ..]

To cover both the auditory and visual aspects of it.   ;)   As I said earlier, I always screenshot these things and hold on to them.  I have yet to receive any info in a (nonexistent) Employee Manual or otherwise that covers it all to the same degree.  I was able to compare my screenshots from the December 2011 Comp. and Benefits webinar and also discovered one other miniscule little improvement; i.e., the shift differential now starts 2 hours earlier (8 p.m. to 6 a.m. instead of 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.), which is of some very tiny benefit to me.

Sorry you got a hit.  Out of curiosity, if you're willing to say, what percentage of your work is editing vs. straight as a B?  

Mraker: I thought Editor B's were getting cut - in straight and VR rate?
[ In Reply To ..]
x
It will be 8.25 straight, 4.63 VR for Editor B, Acute Care. - mraker
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm an Editor A, so I'm really not the one to confirm this with, and now that I look at my charts from the 2011 presentation, it shows the exact same figures for Editor B for Acute Care as for this year. Editor C, though, which no longer exists, were at 8.75 and 4.63. Editor C was Webmedx Enterprise (E5) and Chartmatrix, so perhaps those are the ones who are now subsumed into Editor B and are talking about a pay cut from 8.75 down to 8.25, which, again, is only for straight, while their VR stays at 4.63.

Speaking for myself, any change, up or down, in straight pay would really be negligible since it's such a tiny percent of what I do. Any pay cut is abhorrent, but I hope those who took a straight cut while staying the same on VR can think about it that way to help soften the blow some.
addendum: Editor B *Clinic* took more of a hit, though. - mraker
[ In Reply To ..]
Editor B Clinic (vs. Acute Care) went from 8 and 4.5 down to 8 and 4, making a bigger impact since the cut is on the VR. And former Editor C (E5 and Chartmatrix) Clinic took a hit on both, from 8.5 and 4.5 down to 8 and 4.

Similar Messages:

Which MD-IT Region Is The One To Avoid?
Jun 21, 2010

Have an interview today and read here that success there is region-impacted. Please share if you know the region to avoid!! ...

Avoid Scriberight
Jan 23, 2012

Mass hire and then run out of work and by that, I mean completely out, not just slow work. What a joke!!! ...

Avoid DicTran At All Costs
Nov 03, 2009

DicTran had few reviews online so when we looked into purchasing their platform we could only rely on the deceptive sales presentation from their owner Bill. The company claimed to be able to satisfy all our needs but after we paid them communication became a major issue. Our MT's hate the platform since it forces them to use their custom software which has numerous errors. When we try to contact them for support they just might as well not exist. The worst part of the experience is we pay ...

Avoid Sciance - It's A Scam
Apr 05, 2010

Sciance Transcription is a company sending most work to India, doesn't pay. I mean, I worked and I am not getting a paycheck.  I have had to file a complaint with Labor Commission.  They are not honest and do not communicate.  When asked if we get paid the 0.095 per line for the # we see...or...are they still deducting spaces from that number? They won't answer you.  They pay for black characters only,  so you could think you are getting paid for a 1000 li ...

On-Time Is The Worst. Avoid.
Apr 27, 2012

Been with this company for 11, almost 12, years and now we have new QA who have NO clue what they're doing.  No report is sent through without their checking it and messing it up first.  And no two QA make the same changes.  It's so frustrating to love a job and then dread working due to the unprofessional editing.  No wonder they're losing accounts left and right.  We're normally without work and I think my loyalty showed I was going to be there, at ...

Avoid Transcription Stars!
Jun 13, 2012

I made the mistake of doing some work for Transcription Stars (based out of India) in March. I still have not been paid, and they are trying to bilk me of my money. They do not pay competitive rates, and are rather unreasonable in their TaTs. ...

Avoid Softscript Like The Plague
Jul 31, 2012

I'd avoid Softscript like the plague.  They are about the worst company I've ever had the misfortune of working for.  They turn over staff constantly, the backstabbing and nasty emails from "management" never ceases, and finally, they set you up for failure.  Always out of work, PTO is terrible.  I could go on and on, but will not.  I worked for them for 2 long and tortuous years, and I would not recommend them to anyone. ...

How To Avoid Distraction/keep Focused??
Sep 21, 2012

I've had a really hard time lately with this...  Lots going on at home so my mind just wanders.  My paychecks are awful now as a result...   What do you do to keep yourself from getting distracted (bills, email, Facebook, staring at a wall LOL, etc)??  I really need something to get me motivated and back on track again. :(   TIA! ...

Change Of Hours To Avoid NJA
Feb 19, 2013

I tried to get my hours switched just by a half hour earlier this week.  I normally work 6 am to 11 am central time and i tried to get her to change it to 5:30 am to 10:30 am.  Instead she emails me and wants me to change my hours to 12-5 pm because supposedly 90% of her workers work the night shift.    If so many MTs are working the night shift, then why am I constantly running out of work during the day hours?    She asks me to help out today by working an ext ...

Dear Nuance, Here Is How To Avoid MUP
Jul 19, 2013

1.  Stop sending our work overseas. 2.  Stop hiring new MTs (yes, we see the multiple ads) It's very simple. Provide us with work during our regular scheduled hours and you pay zero MUP.  Problem solved. ...

Saince Transcription-AVOID
Mar 15, 2015

I recently worked for Saince for a few months, and was recently laid off.  I feel like I have been not told the truth from the beginning about this company.  They said they were NOT a company owned from India, but yes they are.  They said they wanted full-time employees, but when I was laid off they said that all of their employees are considered "part-time."  I was also told I was caught in a numbers crunch and I was caught in the middle.  They also told me they wanted ...

Have To Get This Off My Chest, Thanks For Listening
May 30, 2013

I am really really really (times pi) sickened but I figure if I write it here I can go to work and try to hang in there. I got the quarterly bonus and qualify for most times the weekly ones (depending on OOW situation and or if there are so many ESL a week I can't get the goal lines). Anyway, I have this high QA score on my weekly time sheet which is figured quarterly. Now, for the past 2 weeks, I am informed by TL that my quality is 98.6%, that I have in excess of 50, yes 50 critical error ...

Listening To Old Reports (SM)
Mar 14, 2014

Hello, can someone please give instructions on how to listen to old reports after you get FIESA scores.  Thanks  ...

Listening To QA Report
Apr 18, 2014

I caannot get my Windows Media to work or whatever is used to hear QA reports in DQS.  A black screen comes up but tells me the file is opened elsewhere.  I always was able to listen to reports that had been Q/A'ed in the past.  Has anyone had a problem like this?  I dread having to call the tech support as I can hardly hear them or understand them.  Thanks for any help. ...

Nuance....are You Listening?
Dec 28, 2014

Dear Nuance:  Have you been reading ANY of these posts?  Do you see the discontent?  Do you feel the anger and worry you see on this page?  Or are you too busy driving your nice cars and eating in fine restaurants to worry about the people who actually make the money for you?  I know I'm ridiculous for just wondering if you feel even the smallest twinge of guilt,but I like to think that people still have some humanity left.  Do you think about the families tha ...

AVOID SAINCE TRANSCRIPTION AT ALL COST!!!!
Apr 02, 2010

Avoid Saince.  They are intrusive, constantly calling and they don't pay.  They hijacked my PC for 33-1/2 hours and their paperwork said they pay $10 an hour and then today I was told they only pay a flat rate $100.  HELLO!! THEY OWE ME $335 BEFORE TAXES THANK YOU!  They pay by black character only which means you don't get paid for spaces so you type 22 reports a day and average about 600 lines.  Nice!  When asked if you get paid according to the line co ...

Companies Who Avoid Answering Questions
Aug 13, 2012

Do you ever find it annoying when you are getting enough work each day in the pool and all of a sudden some of the doctors or accounts "disappear", and when you ask your boss about it, they do not respond to your question?  It is not that I am inconsistent with my coverage on the accounts or doing poor-quality work, I am off of QA and do not get any negative feedback, or any feedback for that matter, from the client. ...

What Trans Companies Should I Avoid/See Message
Sep 26, 2014

Okay, so done with Mmodal.  I am seriously looking for a new job.  What companies do I avoid?  Are there any companies worth looking at out there?  I could use some guidance with this since my past experience has been with mostly small local companies, that is until MM bought them out.  Oh, I wish for the good old days.  Thanks for all your help :) ...

So After Listening To The Benefits Call, I Take It They're Still Going To Have The
May 21, 2012

x ...

Listening To Report In Fiesa.
Jun 10, 2013

I this just wishful thinking on my end to do I remember when they first switched to the new Fiesa a way to actually listen to reports from there so we can check our work?  ...

I Have Been Listening To This One Female ESL Dictator For A Year Now,
Feb 03, 2013

and not once has she NOT been sniffling, sneezing, snorting, and swallowing/gulping down her own snot.  Clean your nose out, already!  These noises are really gross, I can never get through a whole report without stopping to gag.  She is also a low-talker, so I can't just turn the volume down.    OK, vent over.  ...

Listening To Old Dictations And Error Message?
Apr 01, 2013

I tried to go back and listen to a dictation that I got docked on in fiesa. I got an error message saying I needed Active-X which I installed, but still cannot get the audio to play. Any suggestions? is there someone I should contact about this? Any help is appreciated. Thanks! ...

So Sick Of Listening To These Foreign Doctors
Apr 02, 2013

I am sitting here literally ready to punch the wall out of sheer frustration. So sick of listening to these foreign doctors. Are there any of the regions that are not saturated with them? Seems like mine is chock full. When I transcribed for another company, with a lot of the hospitals in the Southern end of the US, it was not near as bad. VA Hospitals, full to the brim with them and overflowing as well.. ...

Listening To Post Audit Jobs
Dec 12, 2013

Is anyone else having trouble listening to their post audit jobs?  I have tried everything and can't seem to make it work. It's hard to fight an error when you cannot listen to the job again.    I am am also finding that I am getting a lot or errors that I know are not true thus killing my quality score.  ...

Listening To Old Reports In Ediscript (Nuance)
May 12, 2014

Okay, I know there is a way to listen to our old reports but for some reason I cannot do it anymore.  When I open up the dictation search and click on the speaker button to listen, I get a blank escription audio window that pops up with nothing.  Any ideas?  ...

Listening To Dictator - And Loud Cartoons
May 13, 2015

Today I had the misfortune to have 2 lo-o-o-ng reports by the same dictator - I suspect someone else had him before me and said No Thanks and passed him on to me.  He wouldn't have been bad at all if he'd just speeded up about 5 times faster, and if his son had not been listening to cartoons about 3 feet away.  Actually, his mentation was so slow, it was probably his grandson listening to cartoons.  At one point, he turned around and asked the kid to turn it down some, a ...

Relation Between Offer For Tier III's To Advance To MME - Avoid Being Laid Off???
Apr 06, 2013

Remember the email we got from Corporate waiving the 90-day wait period to apply for advancement of Tier III's to MME and allowing til April 30 to do it?  With all the lay offs going on, anyone think a bigger axe will fall once May 1 rolls around and the Tier III's that did not do this will be let go?  From the way things look with all the lay offs, maybe this is one way to hang onto our jobs.  Thoughts anyone? ...

Love Full Listening ILP Reports For 3cpl....!!!
Nov 25, 2009

Because I need my job I bite hard everyday to continue with MQ. Being an MME is horrible when you are paid 3 cpl to full listen ILP.  I get paid more to ME my own ASR reports which take me sometimes just as long.  Each time the situation is mentioned on how unfair it is to only get 3 cpl to full listen ILP reports we are always told that it really isn't that many reports....funny I did over 90 of them in a pay period and they aren't short reports ever always long... ...

Out Of Curiosity, Just Spent The Last 45 Min Listening To The DocQ 7 Tutes....sm
Dec 14, 2011

Holy Crow....I knew there were changes made, but didn't think that everything changed.  Nothing on the screen looks the same, starting with the log-in screen which is the only thing that looks simple to use.  There are stupid panels everywhere, top, bottom, left side, right side, and the poor text screen is kinda squished in the middle.  It looks waaaay more complicated than how it is now.  I just want to cry.  I really had no idea that it is basically going to invo ...

For Conference Call Time For Listening To Vern's
Aug 11, 2012

Town Hall meeting do we put 1 hour or 1/2 hour? The conference call lasted approx 30/40 minutes but his email said 1 hour. How much time did you put in Teamwork for this? ...