A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Avoid DicTran at All Costs - Dict by DicTran

Posted: Nov 03, 2009

DicTran had few reviews online so when we looked into purchasing their platform we could only rely on the deceptive sales presentation from their owner Bill. The company claimed to be able to satisfy all our needs but after we paid them communication became a major issue. Our MT's hate the platform since it forces them to use their custom software which has numerous errors. When we try to contact them for support they just might as well not exist. The worst part of the experience is we pay them large amounts of money for this non--existant support. The main reason for this is this is a 4 person corporation. I would avoid them at all costs. There are plenty of other platforms out there and they ALL are better!

Soo sorry. Hope you take some other action also to recoup. - .

[ In Reply To ..]
If people do not take action, the fraud

and bad MTSO continue. Check with your state to find the maximum you can sue for in Small Claims Court. Can google.com small claims court for procedures to take, forms to print out and send to court. Filing fee in california is only $30. No attorney. They will probably default which means automatic win. Reoirt scam to your state attorney (google for name) they handle scams. Keep your paper work, emails, phone records etc. Don't just drop it, recoup the losses.

Sounds like WebChartMD - Anti-Webchart

[ In Reply To ..]
WebchartMD is the worst platform known to man in my opinion. Lost dictation files, nonexistent tech support on the weekend (and inadequate at best during the week), inadequate rushed MT training by their personnel, etc. We were trained on the platform by a WebchartMD tech, then trained by our lead on site specifics. The site specific training went well, but the bad platform coupled with the incompetent tech support made it an absolute nightmare.

Could you recommend a platform that you think is good? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I am looking into a platform for my MTs and it's so confusing. Any you would recommend?

This is a well-known problem - MTSO2

[ In Reply To ..]
Pretty much a known thing in the industry. Lots of promises, little delivery and nonexistent support.

Similar Messages:

Costs For An IC License ?
Jun 04, 2012

Hello again, everyone. Thank you SM for giving me some information on ScribeRight.   I am new at this type of position, and there is no guarantee they will call me or even want me, but if they do get in touch, does anyone here know how much an IC license will cost in Ohio and what the cost might be for a certificate for HIPAA ??    I searched several sites and I am not sure what I should be pricing.  Thanks everyone.  ...

Anyone Know How Much COBRA Costs?
Feb 21, 2013

Just considering my options. That's all I'm saying. I have the cheaper of the 2 health insurance plans, as well as the dental and vision plans. ...

Reducing Nonproduction Costs - - HA!
Mar 02, 2010

In the E-mail it says they are trying to eliminate nonproduction costs.  Well, I have a great idea in mind to reduce a lot of nonproduction costs, starting with some upper management and all of their worthless VP of this, VP of that.  Really, MQ, you are driving yourself into the GROUND!!!! ...

Focus Insurance Costs
May 16, 2010

Can someone explain to me what insurance plan Focus has and the cost for single and family?  How is the insurance?  Are there deductibles to meet first?  Thanks in advance. ...

No Wonder Medical Costs So Much Now Days
Sep 14, 2013

Self referred to a vascular physician last month. He saw me about 10 minutes, said he "did not have a clue" what my issue was. I have straight forward aching at night waking me from sleep pain in the legs plus very tired feelings, sometimes worse with ambulating during the day. As a lay person I could myself have a clue. Got bill the other day with my copay and his cost to my insurance was $325.00. I called office manager, explained the short time seen, also "not having a clue" thought the bill ...

MQ Has To SEVERELY Cut Employee-related Costs And
Mar 22, 2010

There are severe legal ramifications if you put in writing that you agree to this cost cutting/salary control maneuvering by MQ.  Essentially they are getting us to let them off the hook with these "ESSAYS."  Please note on the email it states:  "All entries become the property of MQ and may be used in future communications."  Also, not to be outdone by their own salary slashing FTR program, they have also taken more time/money away from us as these are to be done on OUR O ...

Medical Costs To Raise 8.5% In 2012
May 20, 2011

Wonder how much more our wages will drop as medical costs continue to skyrocket out of control. ...

To Everyone So Worried About Paying Back Costs
Mar 11, 2014

if they change your schedule to something you don't like don't work it.  WOrk what you want.  Then if they fire you you can't be forced to pay it back.   ...

Need Advice - Drug Costs/CVS 90-day Mail
Oct 31, 2014

Does anyone out there get their generic drugs via the 90-day CVS plan by mail? I'm doing a price check.  I just noticed on this week's open enrollment "executive letter" regarding 2015 insurance that participation in CVS's 90-day mail order plan will be mandatory, unless we opt out.  Currently, we're on the High Deductible plan and my husband is on 3 generic meds that we get at Walmart because they're on Walmart's $4 (or sometimes less) list.  We ge ...

Which MD-IT Region Is The One To Avoid?
Jun 21, 2010

Have an interview today and read here that success there is region-impacted. Please share if you know the region to avoid!! ...

Avoid Scriberight
Jan 23, 2012

Mass hire and then run out of work and by that, I mean completely out, not just slow work. What a joke!!! ...

Does Anyone Know How Much Health Insurance Costs With Nuance For 1 Person?
Mar 07, 2012

I know there is a 2500 deductible, just wondering about the cost for one employee to have insurance for herself per paycheck or monthly.  Thanks! ...

Nuance Benefits Costs For A Single Person?
May 12, 2013

Can anyone tell me the medical and dental insurance costs for a single person please? Thanks. ...

Avoid Sciance - It's A Scam
Apr 05, 2010

Sciance Transcription is a company sending most work to India, doesn't pay. I mean, I worked and I am not getting a paycheck.  I have had to file a complaint with Labor Commission.  They are not honest and do not communicate.  When asked if we get paid the 0.095 per line for the # we see...or...are they still deducting spaces from that number? They won't answer you.  They pay for black characters only,  so you could think you are getting paid for a 1000 li ...

On-Time Is The Worst. Avoid.
Apr 27, 2012

Been with this company for 11, almost 12, years and now we have new QA who have NO clue what they're doing.  No report is sent through without their checking it and messing it up first.  And no two QA make the same changes.  It's so frustrating to love a job and then dread working due to the unprofessional editing.  No wonder they're losing accounts left and right.  We're normally without work and I think my loyalty showed I was going to be there, at ...

Avoid Transcription Stars!
Jun 13, 2012

I made the mistake of doing some work for Transcription Stars (based out of India) in March. I still have not been paid, and they are trying to bilk me of my money. They do not pay competitive rates, and are rather unreasonable in their TaTs. ...

Avoid Softscript Like The Plague
Jul 31, 2012

I'd avoid Softscript like the plague.  They are about the worst company I've ever had the misfortune of working for.  They turn over staff constantly, the backstabbing and nasty emails from "management" never ceases, and finally, they set you up for failure.  Always out of work, PTO is terrible.  I could go on and on, but will not.  I worked for them for 2 long and tortuous years, and I would not recommend them to anyone. ...

How To Avoid Distraction/keep Focused??
Sep 21, 2012

I've had a really hard time lately with this...  Lots going on at home so my mind just wanders.  My paychecks are awful now as a result...   What do you do to keep yourself from getting distracted (bills, email, Facebook, staring at a wall LOL, etc)??  I really need something to get me motivated and back on track again. :(   TIA! ...

Want To Avoid Listening, So Can I Ask These Questions?
Dec 11, 2012

I can see from all these posts that they have made it as difficult as possible to understand this new pay plan.  Can anybody tell me when it goes into effect and when we individually will know what our personal rates will be? TYIA. ...

Change Of Hours To Avoid NJA
Feb 19, 2013

I tried to get my hours switched just by a half hour earlier this week.  I normally work 6 am to 11 am central time and i tried to get her to change it to 5:30 am to 10:30 am.  Instead she emails me and wants me to change my hours to 12-5 pm because supposedly 90% of her workers work the night shift.    If so many MTs are working the night shift, then why am I constantly running out of work during the day hours?    She asks me to help out today by working an ext ...

Dear Nuance, Here Is How To Avoid MUP
Jul 19, 2013

1.  Stop sending our work overseas. 2.  Stop hiring new MTs (yes, we see the multiple ads) It's very simple. Provide us with work during our regular scheduled hours and you pay zero MUP.  Problem solved. ...

Saince Transcription-AVOID
Mar 15, 2015

I recently worked for Saince for a few months, and was recently laid off.  I feel like I have been not told the truth from the beginning about this company.  They said they were NOT a company owned from India, but yes they are.  They said they wanted full-time employees, but when I was laid off they said that all of their employees are considered "part-time."  I was also told I was caught in a numbers crunch and I was caught in the middle.  They also told me they wanted ...

AVOID SAINCE TRANSCRIPTION AT ALL COST!!!!
Apr 02, 2010

Avoid Saince.  They are intrusive, constantly calling and they don't pay.  They hijacked my PC for 33-1/2 hours and their paperwork said they pay $10 an hour and then today I was told they only pay a flat rate $100.  HELLO!! THEY OWE ME $335 BEFORE TAXES THANK YOU!  They pay by black character only which means you don't get paid for spaces so you type 22 reports a day and average about 600 lines.  Nice!  When asked if you get paid according to the line co ...

Companies Who Avoid Answering Questions
Aug 13, 2012

Do you ever find it annoying when you are getting enough work each day in the pool and all of a sudden some of the doctors or accounts "disappear", and when you ask your boss about it, they do not respond to your question?  It is not that I am inconsistent with my coverage on the accounts or doing poor-quality work, I am off of QA and do not get any negative feedback, or any feedback for that matter, from the client. ...

What Trans Companies Should I Avoid/See Message
Sep 26, 2014

Okay, so done with Mmodal.  I am seriously looking for a new job.  What companies do I avoid?  Are there any companies worth looking at out there?  I could use some guidance with this since my past experience has been with mostly small local companies, that is until MM bought them out.  Oh, I wish for the good old days.  Thanks for all your help :) ...

Any Idea What Family Insurance Costs For Webmedx?, Also Line Rates, Etc.
Jan 20, 2010

Just looking for a range here if you don't mind.   Also, are they strict with their schedules? ...

Relation Between Offer For Tier III's To Advance To MME - Avoid Being Laid Off???
Apr 06, 2013

Remember the email we got from Corporate waiving the 90-day wait period to apply for advancement of Tier III's to MME and allowing til April 30 to do it?  With all the lay offs going on, anyone think a bigger axe will fall once May 1 rolls around and the Tier III's that did not do this will be let go?  From the way things look with all the lay offs, maybe this is one way to hang onto our jobs.  Thoughts anyone? ...

Self Cath To Avoid Further "ditchers" Or Muscle Damage.
Jan 24, 2012

We encouraged him to continue performing self-catheterization, as directed, to avoid further "ditchers" or muscle damage.    I can't hear strictures at all :/ ...

ICing: "Hidden" Costs
Dec 30, 2009

While I'm a veteran MT and former MTSO, I just had my first experience as an IC.  No doubt some here are veteran ICs who have already learned about what I have dubbed "hidden" costs.  I am posting this in the hopes that it helps some other newbies to ICing who, like me, are looking for extra work because they need the income.  During my initial phone interview, the manager of the company told me, "All you need is Windows XP, MS Word, Excel, an expander&nb ...