A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Saince Transcription-AVOID - Another MT

Posted: Mar 15, 2015

I recently worked for Saince for a few months, and was recently laid off.  I feel like I have been not told the truth from the beginning about this company.  They said they were NOT a company owned from India, but yes they are.  They said they wanted full-time employees, but when I was laid off they said that all of their employees are considered "part-time."  I was also told I was caught in a numbers crunch and I was caught in the middle.  They also told me they wanted to provide their present employees with full benefits, and when I told them I did not need their benefits they said "exactly, we need people who need our benefits."  Now what the heck does that mean.  I went to ask something else, and was immediately cut off, and it was clear that he did not want to discuss anything further.  I was also told that the insurance company that is going to carry the employees wants to make sure that all of their employees give 100% to the company and not a part-time commitment, in other words they want to be sure that they are going to get their money's worth out of all the employees in order to insure this company.  I was also told, regarding an upper management level employees, that they had to get rid of 1 of them because they were not going to pay 2 people to do the same job, and they had to choose the right one.  By the way, if HIPPA found out that things were being discussed on  Facebook about various doctors and their cases, even though names were not given, but it was known among the MTs exactly who they were discussing, and these doctors were being ridiculed on line, it would not go over very well.  I was surprised that this even took place on Facebook until I was invited to this group.  Also, if a COO can discuss who he is firing to another employee then it makes me wonder what else the employees have been told.  Very poor upper management level way to handle things.  He also said that, yes Saince is having financial difficulty, but they are going to be fine and needed to trim back on what was not needed in order to meet their customer's needs.  It is never a good thing when a company cuts back so much in order to meet their requirements, and I would be afraid that I was not going to be paid on time.  They are already paying MTs at a horrible rate of pay, and eventually they will be doing more and more editing and not typing.  They have let a lot of people go, and he said they are not yet finished with the people they are letting go.  Based on what he told me, and what I have learned I would not work for this company, basically because they have not been honest, and their recruiter, one in particular, is not who she appears to be. 

Ow! The bold print hurts my eyes. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
You can get your point across without putting the whole story in bold. I really tried to read it and make sense of it, but had to stop after the first few lines.

I hope you achieve your goal. Good luck.

I for one appreciated the bold print. Made it easier to read - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Geez Louise, some people will find the least thing to complain about!!

Sorry about the bold..just a tad bit stressed! - Another MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry about the bold, but basically the story tells itself. MT works for company for a few months, was laid off, and then told some things about others in the company, which is very unprofessional, and why they were being let go!! COO says they are getting rid of people because insurance company requires that they have MTs who need insurance, and those that do not are basically pushed aside. But, the company is having financial difficulty, not a good thing, and those that do not pull their weight, and then some, will be gone. End of story.

Wow - That must have made you feel good.

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm sorry that happened to you. I took a position with them about a year ago, can't remember if it was part time or full time. The test was the worst I ever did, but passed anyway. I worked there 1 week and did not think that I was going to make any money. I think not getting paid for spaces and headers did me in. There was also not enough work for me. They didn't seem to care too much so I just packed up and left. I hope you find something better. Good Luck.

Hope it is just sour grapes and not truth - ss

[ In Reply To ..]
Quite a few people I worked with at Nuance went there and were very, very happy. I hope they are just thinning out the malcontents and keeping insurance benefits for the ones who are happy there.

I wish you good luck with wherever you go from here.

It is the truth - Another MT

[ In Reply To ..]
This is absolutely the truth, and I am not in the habit, nor have I ever been, of doing this; in fact, this is a first for me. This 100% true!! I would not make this up, and if you want to you can always contact me. Sorry about the bold print!!

Thanks, appreciate someone kind:) - Another MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I was contacted today about another job, and I totally appreciate your kindness. I had the exact same experience as you did. This is an awful way to treat your MTs, or anyone that works for you, but I am not surprised. Again, thanks:)

Yep, Saince is crap. nm - KeepingItReal

[ In Reply To ..]
x

saince layoffs - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I am so sorry this happened to you. Can you mention what Facebook group? Is it a generic group for MTs or a specific group for this company? I hope there's room in your boat, because I'm pretty sure we'll all need to be in it sooner or later.

Facebook group - Another MT

[ In Reply To ..]
They found me by my name and I accepted them when they sent me a friend request. There is always plenty of room in my boat anytime, and I make it a point to help others out. Just notify me at my e-mail address. thanks!

I quit just before those layoffs - yet another MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I quit last month because I wasn't making any money. I was also misled. Told accounts were at least 40% editing (which I prefer) and I maybe did a grand total of 5 edit jobs my entire time there. Was also told the average daily line count was between 2500 and 2750....I have always been at least 2500, so figured I would do well. Nope, aside from one day when I managed to do 1600 lines, my average was about 1200. Had to leave before my bank account hurt even more.
you're lucky - and yet another MT
[ In Reply To ..]
You're lucky you only got 5 VR jobs because their speech wreck is a train wreck. And yes, 1200 per shift does seem to be the unfortunate average. You're also lucky because, if you prefer editing, you should be able to pick and choose your next company, since it seems that straight transcription has gone the way of the dinosaur. Hope you find something that makes your bank account grin instead of groan!
Saince - Another MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I was contacted by a recruiter at Nuance and told they wanted me to test with them, which I did. I was told they would like me to come with them, and then the real truth came out. The recruiter told me things that were not true; first I did not have enough memory in my computer, which was not true, I would have to upgrade my computer, which was not true because I had just worked for another company, and there was no problem. They also told me that the only thing open to me at this time was editing, 80% to be exact, and I knew right then and there that I was in for low wages. They promised me the moon at first and then the recruiter changed his mind about what he told me. He said my test results were excellent and then the last thing was we will have to check your standing when you left Transcend. This was 8 years ago; the supervisor has since left. I was asked if I gave them 2 weeks notice and did I leave in good standing. This company needs good MTs, and are lucky if they come their way. It is true that straight dictation is becoming a thing of the past, and the pay is becoming worse all the time. I have never seen such horrible pay, awful accounts, and dictation that is simply enough to make you pull your hair out. You are right when you said you can pick and choose your next company IF you don't want an account that is straight dictation.

Similar Messages:

AVOID SAINCE TRANSCRIPTION AT ALL COST!!!!
Apr 02, 2010

Avoid Saince.  They are intrusive, constantly calling and they don't pay.  They hijacked my PC for 33-1/2 hours and their paperwork said they pay $10 an hour and then today I was told they only pay a flat rate $100.  HELLO!! THEY OWE ME $335 BEFORE TAXES THANK YOU!  They pay by black character only which means you don't get paid for spaces so you type 22 reports a day and average about 600 lines.  Nice!  When asked if you get paid according to the line co ...

Avoid Transcription Stars!
Jun 13, 2012

I made the mistake of doing some work for Transcription Stars (based out of India) in March. I still have not been paid, and they are trying to bilk me of my money. They do not pay competitive rates, and are rather unreasonable in their TaTs. ...

Saince Transcription
May 15, 2014

I've been invited to test with Saince Transcription. Can anybody give me any information on this company, good, bad, or indifferent? ...

Saince Medical Transcription
Jun 04, 2014

RUN from this place!  They have no idea what they're doing.  You will regret even sending your resume! ...

Saince Psych Transcription
Dec 17, 2014

Has anyone worked for this company and how was the pay, dictators?  Did you find their VR was good?  Thanks for any info.  ...

SAINCE TRANSCRIPTION No Longer Has A QA Staff
Apr 12, 2013

Saince Transcription no longer has a QA Staff. They let them all go about a month ago. The MTs have been divided into teams with a team leader who is doing all the QA for the team. This poor team leader is really doing the QA for nothing, they get an extra 10% on their cpl rate to offset doing the QA, but sounds like that could really cut down your production. The hospitals they type for don't even know it has happened which sounds illegal or at the very least unscrupulous. They signed ...

Saince Transcription Services- Does Anyone Have Any Information On This Company
Feb 20, 2010

I cannot find anything in the archives or otherwise about this company. Does anyone have any information on them? ...

Saince Testing? Transcription Or Vocabulary/terminology Type Testing?
Jun 16, 2014

Anyone willing to tell if it is multiple dictations, how many, etc.  Were you able to get foot pedal to work with it? any info helpful.  ...

Which MD-IT Region Is The One To Avoid?
Jun 21, 2010

Have an interview today and read here that success there is region-impacted. Please share if you know the region to avoid!! ...

Avoid Scriberight
Jan 23, 2012

Mass hire and then run out of work and by that, I mean completely out, not just slow work. What a joke!!! ...

Avoid DicTran At All Costs
Nov 03, 2009

DicTran had few reviews online so when we looked into purchasing their platform we could only rely on the deceptive sales presentation from their owner Bill. The company claimed to be able to satisfy all our needs but after we paid them communication became a major issue. Our MT's hate the platform since it forces them to use their custom software which has numerous errors. When we try to contact them for support they just might as well not exist. The worst part of the experience is we pay ...

Avoid Sciance - It's A Scam
Apr 05, 2010

Sciance Transcription is a company sending most work to India, doesn't pay. I mean, I worked and I am not getting a paycheck.  I have had to file a complaint with Labor Commission.  They are not honest and do not communicate.  When asked if we get paid the 0.095 per line for the # we see...or...are they still deducting spaces from that number? They won't answer you.  They pay for black characters only,  so you could think you are getting paid for a 1000 li ...

On-Time Is The Worst. Avoid.
Apr 27, 2012

Been with this company for 11, almost 12, years and now we have new QA who have NO clue what they're doing.  No report is sent through without their checking it and messing it up first.  And no two QA make the same changes.  It's so frustrating to love a job and then dread working due to the unprofessional editing.  No wonder they're losing accounts left and right.  We're normally without work and I think my loyalty showed I was going to be there, at ...

Avoid Softscript Like The Plague
Jul 31, 2012

I'd avoid Softscript like the plague.  They are about the worst company I've ever had the misfortune of working for.  They turn over staff constantly, the backstabbing and nasty emails from "management" never ceases, and finally, they set you up for failure.  Always out of work, PTO is terrible.  I could go on and on, but will not.  I worked for them for 2 long and tortuous years, and I would not recommend them to anyone. ...

How To Avoid Distraction/keep Focused??
Sep 21, 2012

I've had a really hard time lately with this...  Lots going on at home so my mind just wanders.  My paychecks are awful now as a result...   What do you do to keep yourself from getting distracted (bills, email, Facebook, staring at a wall LOL, etc)??  I really need something to get me motivated and back on track again. :(   TIA! ...

Want To Avoid Listening, So Can I Ask These Questions?
Dec 11, 2012

I can see from all these posts that they have made it as difficult as possible to understand this new pay plan.  Can anybody tell me when it goes into effect and when we individually will know what our personal rates will be? TYIA. ...

Change Of Hours To Avoid NJA
Feb 19, 2013

I tried to get my hours switched just by a half hour earlier this week.  I normally work 6 am to 11 am central time and i tried to get her to change it to 5:30 am to 10:30 am.  Instead she emails me and wants me to change my hours to 12-5 pm because supposedly 90% of her workers work the night shift.    If so many MTs are working the night shift, then why am I constantly running out of work during the day hours?    She asks me to help out today by working an ext ...

Dear Nuance, Here Is How To Avoid MUP
Jul 19, 2013

1.  Stop sending our work overseas. 2.  Stop hiring new MTs (yes, we see the multiple ads) It's very simple. Provide us with work during our regular scheduled hours and you pay zero MUP.  Problem solved. ...

Companies Who Avoid Answering Questions
Aug 13, 2012

Do you ever find it annoying when you are getting enough work each day in the pool and all of a sudden some of the doctors or accounts "disappear", and when you ask your boss about it, they do not respond to your question?  It is not that I am inconsistent with my coverage on the accounts or doing poor-quality work, I am off of QA and do not get any negative feedback, or any feedback for that matter, from the client. ...

What Trans Companies Should I Avoid/See Message
Sep 26, 2014

Okay, so done with Mmodal.  I am seriously looking for a new job.  What companies do I avoid?  Are there any companies worth looking at out there?  I could use some guidance with this since my past experience has been with mostly small local companies, that is until MM bought them out.  Oh, I wish for the good old days.  Thanks for all your help :) ...

Relation Between Offer For Tier III's To Advance To MME - Avoid Being Laid Off???
Apr 06, 2013

Remember the email we got from Corporate waiving the 90-day wait period to apply for advancement of Tier III's to MME and allowing til April 30 to do it?  With all the lay offs going on, anyone think a bigger axe will fall once May 1 rolls around and the Tier III's that did not do this will be let go?  From the way things look with all the lay offs, maybe this is one way to hang onto our jobs.  Thoughts anyone? ...

TTS-MT Or Saince????
Jun 11, 2014

I have job offers for both.  Saince is Behavioral Health and TTS is Acute Care.  I have read all infromation from both companies pros and cons. The hours are about the same.  The one thing that worries me about one company is if your QA audit is not where it should be, MT is penalized to only working 30 minutes a day until audit score is brought up.  I would  be working PT for both.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.   ...

PROOF SAINCE DOES NOT PAY!!!
Apr 05, 2010

I got this email this morning - yes, he's threatening to sue me over my paycheck - Remember, he owes me $415: I have your email (received Friday 4/2/2010 at 3.30 PM) wherein you have agreed to the settlement offered by us. We are prepared to send your check for $171.00, as you have agreed to below, by Express Mail today so that you may receive it tomorrow.  Finally, today I have received some emails from you that were sent to the Nevada Labor Commission among a host of other people.& ...

Any Info On Saince?
Nov 27, 2012

Any info on Saince?? ...

Saince - Would Appreciate Any Info
Sep 12, 2013

Would appreciate any info on this company anybody may have.  Not much info when doing a Job Search came up.  Thanks! ...

Any New Info On Saince?
Sep 24, 2013

x ...

Saince And My Experience.
Nov 12, 2013

Just wondering how many other people started with Saince and then left.  I started a month ago.  The first thing I had an issue with was the fact that I would be called several times by the recruiter and absolutely could not get off the phone with this woman.  She would literally keep me on the phone talking for an hour about her personal stuff and she did not seem very professional.  The training consists of about an hour webinar.  They have you do about  3 reports ...

Saince New Accounts Anyone?
Mar 13, 2014

I have an opportunity to take a position with Saince working on one of their new behavioral health accounts.  Has anyone had any experience with this, good, bad or indifferent? I understand they've taken on a large number of facilities and will continue to throughout the year.  Just wondering if it's worth taking the chance or if I'm wasting my time considering. Thanks in advance! ...

Can Anyone Tell Me What Platform Saince Uses?
May 25, 2014

I was interested in their psych account.  I have read the archives, but where I am now is bad enough I am thinking of giving them a try.  Thanks. ...

Just Took The Saince Test
Jun 19, 2014

Just took the Saince test.  Has anybody else taken this test and what did you think of it?  ...