A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Help Dictaphone ESP Control Panel wont pop up - benaiahandterri

Posted: May 15, 2011

I have been using Dictaphone's ESP Expansion Program for over 3 years now in Word and all of a sudden the other day, when I click on Control/Control to open the ESP Control Panel, nothing.....Then I went to Tools and clicked on ESP Control Panel and nothing.....I cant access it.  My ESP personal files are huge and I have saved them in many safe places so Im not worried about losing them but I cant add, delete, or edit any of my thousands of expansion files.  ALso, the esps work when I type the shortcut in Word, they expand, I just cant get to them to change em.   Help,  Anyone else had this problem?   I restored my computer back over a month ago and I now can go to tools and get the ESP Control panel to pop up but the COntrol/Control shortcut does not work still....Any suggestions.  If you guys cant figure this out for me, I have to get an entire new computer on Monday at 10 a.m.   Yikes....

Did you perhaps disable your ESP? - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
I posted on your question on the word board and now I am in this HUGE PDF format all about Dictaphone extext and trying to find info about the ESP control. Can you perhaps google dictaphone extext or something like that to get this "manual" to look up some things there?

How do you disable your ESPs? - benaiahandterri

[ In Reply To ..]
Does anyone know how you disable your ESPs. I was reading that somewhere and was wondering if I had done that inadvertently. Great question.

Similar Messages:

QA Feedback Playback Control Panel Problems???
Jul 24, 2012

Is anyone having else having problems with the QA feedback playback control panel?? ?  Since around the end of June, my playback control panel is no longer stationary or fixed to the bottom of the window so that I could use it easily to playback, start and stop audio to listen to corrections.  It now is fixed to the bottom of the text and scrolls out of view if I'm at the top of the report.  Also list of corrections on the right also is no longer fixed to the screen and scrol ...

Down? Wont Upload Job
Jun 11, 2012

x ...

DQS Down? Wont Upload My Job
Nov 26, 2012

to me when the system is back up. I hope so, it was a huge job. ...

Welkigen Panel (nm)
Nov 11, 2009

. ...

Food Panel
Apr 13, 2011

s/l doc is saying spoo panel or SPU panel or could be food panel if he is just pronouncing it wrong.   "spoo" panel, gluten, lactose intolerance will be checked, and stool O&P.     Any ideas?  Thanks!   ...

HIT Panel Archer?
Dec 06, 2011

Positive HIT panel status post (sounds like) "an archer ban"  ??  currently now on anticoagulation. ...

S/l Whack Panel
Mar 23, 2012

Doing serologies, including ANA, rheumatoid factor, CCP, and s/l Whack panel. ...

Any Recourse When An Employer Wont Pay Their ICs?
Aug 02, 2010

any ideas?  I live in one state and my IC "employer" lives in another.  He owes me a substantial amount of money (almost 3K).  Do I have any recourse against him?  Could I file a suit against him with his state attorney generals office or small claims court or anything???  ...

Too Bad The United States Wont Do This.
Apr 24, 2014

It's about time somebody starts this, or has the guts to make such a law and enforce it. I'd love to see it here.   For heaven's sake, I had exchange students years ago who came here from Europe who spoke a hundred times better than some of these morons we transcribe.  I believe half of it is sheer laziness, maybe they simply don't care to make the effort to speak better, thinking possibly that if good enough gets them through life, that's all the more ef ...

Chemistry Panel Question
Dec 24, 2009

Sounds like sodium 136, potassium 4.5, chloride 97 and "CNO" of 28.  He later says CO2, so I don't guess it is that.  Please help. ...

Cholesterol Panel Levels
Aug 31, 2011

In all my years as a medical transcriptionist, I have never seen levels as low as these.  I went back and listened several times and I still can't believe what I'm hearing.  Have any of you every heard of levels this low: Cholesterol was 90, triglycerides 103.  HDL 6, LDL of 64. ...

: Autolomatous" Panel
Jul 15, 2012

Patient seen for bruising and previously had platelet functions, coags, and "autolomatous" panel. ??? Thanks. ...

Until Point Is Reached Where All Say, No, Wont Work For
Dec 12, 2011

:( ...

Known DocQscribe 7 Issues That Wont Be Fixed
Jan 11, 2012

Then why not wait to make us use it till the end of February? And a month and a half is needed to fix it???   ...

Is There A Way To Hide The Huge Statistics Panel In 7.2??
Mar 07, 2013

It takes up most of the screen, and I don't care about any of those statistics anyway.  Just let me work without harrassing me about my stats. ...

Gear Player Wont Convert Files?
May 24, 2013

Hey guys, I'm so frustrated because for some reason my Gear Player will not play my files. This is the second time this has happened. I don't know what I did the first time to make it work, it just sort of happened. When I get work, the files will automatically go into Gear Player, but then when I try to load to file it says "Converting File" and then it just never loads. It doesn't make any sense because it happens to files that I've already played too so I know they should ...

They Wont Fire You If You Refuse To Change Shifts
Sep 11, 2013

That they will consider that you RESIGNED if you refuse to change. They are covering their slimy butts six ways to Sunday. ...

I Try To Take These Tests And My Foot Pedal Wont Work With Them.
Jun 14, 2014

It is very difficult to keep going back over everything without a foot pedal.  Is there some universal way to be able to make a foot pedal work with all these different tests or is there always a different set up for every single test.  I dont want to be downloading lots of things to test with every single company.  ...

Express Scribe - Wont Load Files. 0:00 Duration -sm
Feb 11, 2011

Hello, I am finally getting my Dr. to move into the 20th century.  Have a new Phillips 9600 digital recorder, new foot pedal and headset and downloaded Express Scribe. ExpressScribe will not play any files I try and transfer.  I get an error telling me I need to go to their website and get a component file for dss.322.exs  yes it says dss.322 not dss.32  LOL THere is NO such file there.  Anybody have any suggestions??  I really dont want to have to pay like 30 b ...

Express Scribe Wont Let Me Use My Foot Pedal With The Free Version
Jan 18, 2013

Trying to download express scribe, but it wont let me use my foot pedal with the free version.  Any suggestions? ...

QC Out Of Control
Jun 12, 2013

It looks like I'm not alone judging by the posts I just read but have to vent anyway. Anyone else think QC is out of control? The minor things they are editing for defeats the whole purpose of having eScription. There are dictators I've done for years that I used to breeze right thru and now I find myself micromanaging every chart, to make sure every pause has a comma or period. All this is just slowing me down and then the clients wonder why their account is so far behind? I can' ...

Rate Control Med
Aug 10, 2010

s/l valtayazam for rate control ...

Fluoro Control?
Oct 04, 2010

Hi alll, my first time posting! Am transcribing this op report...this is what I "hear" The fracture was known to be relatively stable preoperatively, and the 3 titanium screws were inserted percutaneously, using the 2-sleeve technique over a guide wire.    Fluoro control was utilized.  Blood loss was essentially nil, as the procedure was done through a 3/4 inch skin incision.  Postoperative wound was closed with 3-0 Dexon.  Patient tolerated the procedure well.  ...

Volume Control
Mar 25, 2012

Hi folks, Is there a way to turn the volume up or down using just the keyboard fod DocQscribe?  Thanks a bunch. ...

Damage Control?
Mar 31, 2015

Does it seem to anyone else that there are a few responses on this board today that are obviously damage control.  I call BS!!!  If you were making so much and were so happy, why would you be on this board? ...

Pain Control With ?CAD Infusion
May 18, 2010

This is a note on a patient with lymphoma.  "...pain is being controlled with cad infusion, with basal rate of 1 mg/hour".  Dictator pronounces "cad" (not individual letters c-a-d).  Am aware of chemotherapy combos (i.e, cyclophosphamide, Adriamycin, dacarbazine, and cytosine, arabinoside, daunorubicin) but am wondering if they would be used for pain control.  Also, earlier in the report, the dictator makes it sound as if chemo has been d/c'd.  In the back of my ...

USB Hand Control/SUM Program HELP!!
Jun 05, 2010

I am in college right now for transcription, and am just getting in to using the SUM program... I start summer semester on Monday and am disabled with no use of my legs, I use the Phillips USB hand control in place of a foot pedal. Well SUM doesn't work with it... I tried downloading the audio files to my computer and then importing them in to Express Scribe, which DOES work with my hand control, and I guess the permissions on the files won't allow ES to open the files. Is there A ...

Anyone Know How To Turn On ALT/Control Keys In DQS?
Jul 22, 2010

I must have accidentally put in a command to disengage these functions in a document and I am straight-typing everything!  Other than closing the program and starting again, if you have any suggestion, would TYIA.  Have a productive (i.e. GOOD) day everyone. ...

S/l Cautery Control Fascia
Aug 27, 2011

The soft tissue was then sharply incised until the cautery control fascia was encountered in that s/l exide/site   does cautery control fascia make sense? ...

Name Of Birth Control Pills?
Sep 22, 2011

Sounds like Prosidia or Lucidia? Cell phone dictation, which is completely warped. The patient has dysmenorrhea and anemia from heavy menses and is going in for a supracervical hysterectomy (this is a preoperative HP), so I would really appreciate the help. Just installed new hard drive, and Stedman's loaded my software incorrectly, so it is uninstalled for now. Way past the birth control pills age. Thanks! ...