A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Until point is reached where all say, no, wont work for - that, ALL pay will continue downward. nm

Posted: Dec 12, 2011

:(

they have us - and will not let go

[ In Reply To ..]
! It's a brave new world, people. There is nothing but greed. We are doomed.

I think they want 1 rate for MT, regardless of country. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
z

I'm starting to think that too ... one rate fits all - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Regardless of your experience, your training, your work ethic, your rate of production or your quality, American or Indian, doesn't matter - one sucky rate fits all.

It seems like it's working its way to this direction.

You are right - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
and they know it. Many times, someone on here has tried to set a date where no one works and nobody will do it. Everybody is too worried about their job. I understand that, but nothing will get done except smaller and smaller wages if people don't make a stand and let them know we are not going to take it. You have to fight for things and take risks. There is no way everyone could get fired. There is no way all the work could go to India. You have to fight for what you believe in and until everybody gets together and does that, nothing will change except smaller and smaller wages.

Similar Messages:

Pt With Interstitial Cystitis. S/l Exfolderations Had Finally Reached Their Limit And They Took Out
Mar 14, 2010

xx ...

Down? Wont Upload Job
Jun 11, 2012

x ...

DQS Down? Wont Upload My Job
Nov 26, 2012

to me when the system is back up. I hope so, it was a huge job. ...

Any Recourse When An Employer Wont Pay Their ICs?
Aug 02, 2010

any ideas?  I live in one state and my IC "employer" lives in another.  He owes me a substantial amount of money (almost 3K).  Do I have any recourse against him?  Could I file a suit against him with his state attorney generals office or small claims court or anything???  ...

Too Bad The United States Wont Do This.
Apr 24, 2014

It's about time somebody starts this, or has the guts to make such a law and enforce it. I'd love to see it here.   For heaven's sake, I had exchange students years ago who came here from Europe who spoke a hundred times better than some of these morons we transcribe.  I believe half of it is sheer laziness, maybe they simply don't care to make the effort to speak better, thinking possibly that if good enough gets them through life, that's all the more ef ...

Help Dictaphone ESP Control Panel Wont Pop Up
May 15, 2011

I have been using Dictaphone's ESP Expansion Program for over 3 years now in Word and all of a sudden the other day, when I click on Control/Control to open the ESP Control Panel, nothing.....Then I went to Tools and clicked on ESP Control Panel and nothing.....I cant access it.  My ESP personal files are huge and I have saved them in many safe places so Im not worried about losing them but I cant add, delete, or edit any of my thousands of expansion files.  ALso, the esps work when I typ ...

Known DocQscribe 7 Issues That Wont Be Fixed
Jan 11, 2012

Then why not wait to make us use it till the end of February? And a month and a half is needed to fix it???   ...

Gear Player Wont Convert Files?
May 24, 2013

Hey guys, I'm so frustrated because for some reason my Gear Player will not play my files. This is the second time this has happened. I don't know what I did the first time to make it work, it just sort of happened. When I get work, the files will automatically go into Gear Player, but then when I try to load to file it says "Converting File" and then it just never loads. It doesn't make any sense because it happens to files that I've already played too so I know they should ...

They Wont Fire You If You Refuse To Change Shifts
Sep 11, 2013

That they will consider that you RESIGNED if you refuse to change. They are covering their slimy butts six ways to Sunday. ...

I Try To Take These Tests And My Foot Pedal Wont Work With Them.
Jun 14, 2014

It is very difficult to keep going back over everything without a foot pedal.  Is there some universal way to be able to make a foot pedal work with all these different tests or is there always a different set up for every single test.  I dont want to be downloading lots of things to test with every single company.  ...

Express Scribe - Wont Load Files. 0:00 Duration -sm
Feb 11, 2011

Hello, I am finally getting my Dr. to move into the 20th century.  Have a new Phillips 9600 digital recorder, new foot pedal and headset and downloaded Express Scribe. ExpressScribe will not play any files I try and transfer.  I get an error telling me I need to go to their website and get a component file for dss.322.exs  yes it says dss.322 not dss.32  LOL THere is NO such file there.  Anybody have any suggestions??  I really dont want to have to pay like 30 b ...

Express Scribe Wont Let Me Use My Foot Pedal With The Free Version
Jan 18, 2013

Trying to download express scribe, but it wont let me use my foot pedal with the free version.  Any suggestions? ...

What Is The Point Of Asking You What
Feb 04, 2010

specialty you really don't like if that is all they are going to give you? Now, before anyone flames away, I was hired by the Q several months ago as a tier 3.  I pull my weight, work my shift, and don't have too much to complain about except for NJA from time to time. When I was hired, they asked me specifically what specialties I like the most and what I like the least.  I was told that if there was a specialty that I really disliked or didn't have as much experience ...

What's The Point
Feb 21, 2010

of us looking at DocQManage to see what the backlog is?  Several times I have looked and still I don't get the work.  One day last week, almost 200 jobs on my primary account (not sure if it still is) and then an hour later, nothing! Of asking us to switch our hours?  I don't see how that is going to help if there is no work at many different times during the day. Of a CP saying we need to contact CTL to get a list of abbreviations allowed for a cetain account?  W ...

It Is To The Point Now What To Ask For Would Be
Nov 22, 2011

a list of companies that has NOT sold to MQ.  Anyone know of such a list? ...

At What Point Do You Use F11?
Dec 20, 2014

I haven't been gigged yet for it, but when ASR is totally off the wall and I fix a ton of mistakes, I save the report when I am done and use F11..ASR, has been ok? in the past. Recently it is off the wall wrong, what is going on? Why can't they train this thing, how many years has it been now, at least 15 right? If the client only knew ...

Is This Really 1 Point??
Jan 06, 2015

You put "the patient tolerated the procedure really well" and it was corrected to "the patient tolerated the procedure VERY well"... is this really 1 point taken off?! It dosen't change the meaning. Should I reverse? ...

I Don't Really See What The Point Of The
Jan 09, 2015

Fluency "upgrade" is.  They spent how much money paying the techs to work on it & then paying all of us to train so that the spellcheck can now be inconveniently located on the left rather than floating and it now takes twice as long to upload a report because we basically have to go through 2 upload cycles...?  Yet we still don't have the fuzzy physician search fixed or the question marks by the physician names in the ADT, or control-arrow moving to the end of the word instea ...

Can Someone Point Me In The Right Direction?
Jun 25, 2010

Where can I find the law that states the employer is supposed to compensate for things directly impacting the duties of the job for piecemeal workers.  I'm searching, but can't find it. thanks ...

Point Of Care?
Aug 25, 2010

A doc is giving lab values - before each one ASR has typed out "Point of care" - anyone know what this is about - would make sense if I just left those words out. Thanks ...

Well I Have Proven My Point
May 15, 2011

I worked 4.5 hours yesterday and did over 1400 lines!  Typed 95 reports.  If I apply myself I can make good money.  I just need to stop doing other things when I should be working....I should be doing between 1500 and 2000 lines a day the way I look at it.  Far above the 1200 a day minimum.  Hmmm, well guess I better get to work (LOL)....Lord help me!  ...

Where The Finger Should Point
Jul 20, 2011

So much ire and angst pointed at MTSOs.  I even read where the TAT is a marketing ploy :)   It helps to remember that we're all in the same boat and for the same reasons, to support ourselves. What so many of you don't seem to get is that the INSURANCE industry is dictating much of the TAT.  If reports aren't on a chart in xxx time then the facility/physician is dinged financially. If an MTSO doesn't meet TAT, they are dinged financially.  So they a ...

What's The Point Of The Repository When There's Never Anything In It...
May 30, 2012

x ...

Point And Click EMR
Sep 20, 2012

Does anybody know what point and click EMR is? I have no idea. I applied for a job and got a response back but said they pay by the audio minute, not by lines or characters, and also that it there is a lot of point and click EMR. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

Bull Point
Sep 12, 2012

How do you insert a bull point?  Thanks! ...

What Is The Point Of Responding To Any Of These Ads?
Jan 25, 2013

With 30 years of experience over many platforms (16 of which are from home), what is the point of applying to any of these companies? They are few and far between.  They certainly do not want to pay anyone what they are worth (since they can just outsource on the cheap)... Most of the time you don't get a response from any of them anyway, not here and not on MTDaily either. ...

0.5 Point Taken Off For Blanks SM
Apr 11, 2013

I just looked at my review for March and I see all these 0.5 deductions for "blank filled in by reviewer."  There are also Valid Blanks that take off no points.   Sorry if this has been asked but did they say they were going to do this?  And if so, when?  Also, I listened to these blanks.  There is no way they can tell me 100% what was said in any of them, which is why I blanked them.  So they are guessing.  Two reports I have gone through so far are for real ...

At What Point Do You File
Jun 26, 2013

I wonder if I'm at that point.  I have not had a huge reduction in work, but about 8 hours a week now.  I've been taking some unpaid time and using PTO.  I think tomorrow I'm going to go to the UE office and talk to them about the TAA assistance. ...

Anyone Else Upgrade To 7.4? I Really Don't See The Point To It, Nothing Is Better
Mar 18, 2014

Why the upgrade?  ...

ASR Good Point
Jun 22, 2014

Many times, I've had absolutely no idea what the dictator said, yet ASR picked it up, and I felt so grateful and relieved that I had that to go by.  Upon seeing it in print, I could hear it and confirm that ASR got it correctly.   Otherwise, I would have likely had to leave blanks in those spots.  It does help at times.  ...