A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Express Scribe - wont load files. 0:00 duration -sm - J

Posted: Feb 11, 2011

Hello,

I am finally getting my Dr. to move into the 20th century.  Have a new Phillips 9600 digital recorder, new foot pedal and headset and downloaded Express Scribe.

ExpressScribe will not play any files I try and transfer.  I get an error telling me I need to go to their website and get a component file for dss.322.exs  yes it says dss.322 not dss.32  LOL

THere is NO such file there. 

Anybody have any suggestions??  I really dont want to have to pay like 30 bucks for technical support when it is basically for just a few emails.

you need the patch for dss files - ICManiac

[ In Reply To ..]
Find the one that says "P. DSS files do not load properly

DSS is a proprietary format, not an open standard, and unfortunately some of the newer recorders don't implement DSS in a way that is compatible with our software. The only work-around that we can suggest is to make sure that the person sending you the files is using SP mode on the recorder.

If the recorder supports other open formats (like mp3) it is always better to use them.

If your program crashes when you attempt to load or convert a dss file it is possible that the file is corrupt. Ask the user to redock and resend the file to you.

If you get a strange endless repeating of the file, or a truncation, and you first installed prior to 6 January 2005, please install the more recent dss32.exe from www.nch.com.au/components. "

this isn't really a patch, but it doesn't hurt to install it again.

My doctor has an old recorder. I use the most recent version of ES and I had to download a file converter for .dvf files. You may want to look at a converter for .dss files to something like .mp3.

Express Scribe - wont load files. 0:00 duration -sm - J

[ In Reply To ..]
I downloaded the patch already and it didnt help at all :(

A file converter? omg this is getting way more complicated than I was expecting. I so dont understand voice file mumbo jumbo

a file converter would work seemlessly - ICManiac

[ In Reply To ..]
Do a search for convert xxx to .mp3 or something similar. After you download it and follow the instructions, it should automatically convert your incoming voice files automatically when you load them into ES. It is not that hard. You can always take the converter off your computer if it doesn't work.
Program Switch will convert voice files. They have - free trial period. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Express Scribe Could Not Load Any Wav Files On The Laptop
Mar 06, 2012

I just got a new laptop and I installed express scribe, which I use on my desktop, and could not load any wav files on the laptop.  I did windows updates and that seemed to fix the problem, the files that day I was able to play.  A file that came in today I am unable to play though, but still can play the other files from Friday.  They are all wav files and on my desktop I can play them all, just not my laptop.  Does anybody know what could possibly be going on here?  Thanks for all the hel ...

Express Scribe Wont Let Me Use My Foot Pedal With The Free Version
Jan 18, 2013

Trying to download express scribe, but it wont let me use my foot pedal with the free version.  Any suggestions? ...

Cannot Play Wav Files In Windows Media, Byte-Scribe Or Express Scribe. Help???
Mar 03, 2012

I have voice files sent to me that I cannot play in Windows Media or Express Scribe. They will load in ES but show 00:00 duration.  I thought possibly it was an encryption error as they possibly they are coming that way to be because they are secure but I sent to a friend and she can open them and play them.  Windows Media states something about a missing codecs and I have installed if known codecs to man (I am on Windows XP).  They just will not play or show the duration etc.&nbs ...

Express Scribe Load Plays Super-fast
Jul 13, 2012

I recently downloaded the free version of Express Scribe.  The "Welcome" message plays with no problem, but any file that I try to load plays super-fast.  I am pretty sure I checked all the settings, such as F10 (normal play back speed) and the speed control in the bottom right hand corner.  If anyone can help with this I would appreciate it.  I did send an email to tech support but will probably never get an answer b/c I didn't purchase it. ...

Express Scribe....dss Files?
Aug 12, 2011

Will Express Scribe v5.13 play .dss files?  I'm having trouble playing one and my supervisor says she thinks it is either .dct or .dss. This file is the only one that will not play.  My software and equipment are all configured correctly.      ...

WMA Files And Express Scribe
Feb 02, 2012

Does anyone know how to set up the newest version of Express Scribe to recognize .wma files?  I can get it to play .wav and .dss files but it will not play .wma files. Thanks! ...

Express Scribe Wav Files
Sep 15, 2014

I can't get Wav files to load into my Express Scribe - and I am not able to convert them to MP3 - Any suggestions out there? ...

Express Scribe Can Be Used For DS2 Files
Dec 12, 2014

Does anyone know if express scribe can be used for DS2 files?   ...

Cannot Open Express Scribe Files
Jun 16, 2010

I have downloaded free Express Scribe but cannot open the loaded file. The foot pedal will work on the sample file but not the true downloaded transcription file. The file shows in Windows media because of an Ipod. Is this because Ipod is the default and how do I change it. The ES files I cannot open are DVF. I have a Wav pedal and I am able to open other Wav files. Thanks to all. ...

Express Scribe Will NOT Play DSS Files!
Jun 24, 2012

I am upgrading to a new computer finally with Windows 7 and IE9.  I was thrilled when everything was loading up fine-but the new version of Express Scribe will NOT play DSS files!  I have a USB-1 pedal, but this new free version they have insists on us buying their $70 pedal OR their Pro version of Express scribe for $30 (on sale).  I am furious!  Anyone get this newer version to work w/o buying anything?  Thanks in advance! ...

.wav Files Not Playing In Express Scribe, WMP, Etc.
Apr 23, 2013

I have been sent a number of .wav files.  Express scribe can't play them, and is opening them as multi-channel files. Windows Media player isn't playing them. VLC isn't. Real Player isn't.   I have renamed them, and downloaded updated drivers for my sound card. I have tried multiple computers.  Another MT on the account is having the same issue.   Any other thoughts or suggestions on this?  MTSO is able to play them okay on her wave player. & ...

Playing MP3 Files On Express Scribe
Jun 19, 2013

Hello All, I am hoping someone might have some quick help for me. I have just started a new account, did a test file last night, downloaded an MP3 file to Express Scribe. This is my first experience with MP3 files. Tonight I am starting actual work for this new company, did all that I did last night in terms of downloading and ES acts as though it is playing but I am getting no sound. A little window is now open on express scribe that I have never seen before and it has two channels listed. Can ...

Express Scribe How To Send Files
Apr 23, 2015

New to express scribe.  finished a test and clicked on done, how do I send the transcribed reports to the service ...

Express Scribe Upload Files Problem
Sep 23, 2010

Recently switched to Windows 7. Used this program on Windows XP with no problem. Now files do not come through or come through sporadically. Getting different pop-up boxes. One says "invalid file length". Another says "cannot log onto FTP server, may be having problems" Have checked that our password, encryption codes, etc are correct. I downloaded Classic FTP program thinking it was having problems with ftp server but that has not helped. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank ...

Express Scribe Question - I Have Tons Of Files Just Sm
May 05, 2015

just sitting there and it's running slow.  I saw that I have 0 days selected to delete.  When I delete one file at a time it takes up to a minute.  Is there a way to select several at a time and delete, or even try and delete all of them? When I hit select but program did sort of hung up and did not respond.  It will take me days to get all these files out of here..... Any help would be appreciated.  Loading up new voice files is getting slower and slower by the day ...

Is There A Way To Convert Iknowmed Voice Files To Express Scribe?
Aug 09, 2012

The office I work for recently switched to iknowmed. There is no way to speed up or slow down the dictation in iknowmed. Is there some way I can transfer the dictation to Express Scribe?   ...

Express Scribe - Change The File Format To Read .ra Or .rma (Real Audio) Files
Jun 17, 2010

Hi! I currently use Express Scribe for my dications with a USB universal pedal and need to change the file format to read .ra or .rma (Real Audio) files. I cannot figure out how to do this nor am getting anwhere on either Express Scirbe or Real Audio tech sites? I am trying to submit a test for a position. If you can help, I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT Thanks!! Kymee ...

Gear Player Wont Convert Files?
May 24, 2013

Hey guys, I'm so frustrated because for some reason my Gear Player will not play my files. This is the second time this has happened. I don't know what I did the first time to make it work, it just sort of happened. When I get work, the files will automatically go into Gear Player, but then when I try to load to file it says "Converting File" and then it just never loads. It doesn't make any sense because it happens to files that I've already played too so I know they should ...

Express Scribe Help Again
Oct 16, 2009

Does anyone know how to get the auto back up to work on the foot pedal settings for Express Scribe?  Thanks in advance! ...

Help With Express Scribe Please
Jul 14, 2010

I recently had to uninstall and reinstall Express Scribe.   Everything seems okay except I cannot set up the back step correctly.   Does anyone have any advice?    As always, thanks! ...

Help With Express Scribe
Jan 26, 2011

Can anyone help me figure out how to get my practice dictations loaded on Express Scribe from Windows Media Player ? ...

Does Anyone Use Express Scribe And How Do You Like It?
Apr 16, 2011

I have downloaded the manual but still cannot get it to work with my foot pedal.  My next resort is to call in the computer man who charges $100 per hour, and hopefully he will get it up and running within that time.  Any and all suggestions will be most appreciated.  Thanks. ...

Express Scribe HELP!!! (please)
May 01, 2011

HELP!!!   I recently had to reinstall Express Scribe.   For the life of me I cannot figure out how to get the voice file to go back  several seconds.     I hope I am explaining correctly.   Any advice VERY MUCH APPRECIATED! ...

Express Scribe HELP!!
May 05, 2013

I'm trying to open the same type of files that I have been doing for over a year now in Express Scribe. Today, I keep getting an error message that says opening audio file failed and to check it exists and I have read access. Has anyone else ever had this problem? How do I fix it? I don't understand what the issue is because like I said I have been opening these same files in Express Scribe for over a year. ...

Express Scribe -HELP!
Jun 05, 2013

I have been using Express Scribe for several years to play .wav files.  Yesterday when I tried to load my files it gives me an error that says "Opening audio file failed. CAnnot open the file ----------. Check it exists and you have read access."  It does exist, I do have read access.  I have rebooted my computer and reinstalled Express Scribe and I still get the same error. Can anyone help me? ...

EXPRESS SCRIBE HELP!
Jan 14, 2014

Taking a test using Express Scribe...but for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to set the back up seconds...dictation just picks up from where I left off...any assistance?? ...

NEED EXPRESS SCRIBE HELP
Sep 17, 2014

Hi,  I bought ES Pro in 2012 and have not had any problems with playing dictation.  I also have DSS to WAV to convert files.  I converted a DS2 file to WAV but a message pops up that I'm using a "demo trial version for evaluation use only" and I now need to purchase an upgrade.  Ugh!!!  I bought it so can it be a trial version?  In the meantime I can't do my reports in WAV.  Anyone else have this problem?  What did you do?  Trying to contact ...

Using Express Scribe
Dec 05, 2014

I'm starting with a new company that uses express scribe.  I downloaded the free express scribe now how do I use it.  I do have gear player that can use MP3 files but when i load it in there i cannot hear the sound.  Any suggestions??? ...

Express Scribe - .wav Coming Up As 0:00
Feb 20, 2010

For those of you that you Express Scribe....I usually have no trouble getting my files to play, but I have a few files that are .wav and they keep coming up as 0:00.  Does anyone else have this problem and do you know how I can fix it so they can play? Thanks! ...

Deleting Express Scribe
Sep 15, 2010

Help!  I downloaded Express scribe as a trial because a company I was going to apply with uses it.  But it is not compatible with the company I am presently working for.  How do I get rid of Express Scribe?  Thanks! ...